PDA

View Full Version : Solano - UPDATE (2014 April 12)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

mr821907
06-30-2012, 7:27 PM
Finished civilian ccw course with Baptist today. The man gets the job done right. I would highly recommend him to all that are interested in taking the ccw class. Straight to the point and he answers all and any questions that you may have. The other plus is that he accommodates to your choice of dates and times for his class. A++

gant
06-30-2012, 7:31 PM
good to know, just curious you dont have to answer which guns did you use to qualify

im in background process and im going to use glock 26, and my cz sp01 (have a glock 27 lol on layaway and the sp01 is a full size steel gun so probably wont use the sp01 depends on if i get the glock 27 paid off soon)

mr821907
06-30-2012, 8:52 PM
Let's just say I qualified with a full size 45, midsized 9 and a compact 9. As you know solano county only let's you do 2 firearms but I'm going to turn all three in for the heck of it.

JimSar
06-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Let's just say I qualified with a full size 45, midsized 9 and a compact 9. As you know solano county only let's you do 2 firearms but I'm going to turn all three in for the heck of it.
Why further complicate the issue? You know you'll only be issued two; you want the sheriff to guess which two to approve? If I were you, I'd refrain from testing fate.

mr821907
07-01-2012, 7:44 AM
Why further complicate the issue? You know you'll only be issued two; you want the sheriff to guess which two to approve? If I were you, I'd refrain from testing fate.

Good point. I'm not going to push it.

gant
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
At least if u take one gun out u have qualification for the other one

mr821907
07-01-2012, 10:54 AM
The real reason for bringing three pistols to qualify was that very very small chance if for some reason one of the pistols would have any problems that can not be fixed onsite without having to order repair parts. At least there would be a plan B. I've ran thousands of rounds with those pistols without any problems but I'm just one of those guys that likes a backup plan. I'm pretty sure there are a lot out there that feel the same way.

JimSar
07-01-2012, 3:22 PM
Let me quote an advise Baptist gave during my training: "Don't over think this process."

PS - do you wear a belt and suspenders at the same time?

:)

mr821907
07-01-2012, 6:57 PM
Let me quote an advise Baptist gave during my training: "Don't over think this process."

Were you thinking to hard?:eek:

tabrisnet
07-01-2012, 7:43 PM

Some ppl do, including me, if only because the teeth otherwise tear up my jeans.

mr821907
07-01-2012, 8:29 PM
Shoulder harnesses make for great suspenders :euro:

XD40SUBBIE
07-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Its because of all of the approvals and other processes. I sure hope this isn't the Sheriff's full time job.

The Sheriffs office has to do its due diligence before arming a citizen. And they are at the mercy of a lot of processes upstream from them too.

If your life was really in immediate danger I would just tell you to start carrying without an LTC.

Right, it's not his main job - perhaps he needs to delegate the task with a set of standards. That's why we have subordinates. However, the "acceptable GC" requires that the danger one is in fear off and is writing as their reason for carrying is suppose to be immediate and present - so it stands to reason that this process is suppose to follow the due processes and needs to be done in a timely manner. If you consider the proposed clear and present danger the GC describes.

I don't know if I would advocate carrying without a license, unless one is sure- California laws are so tough, that in the event of using the weapon or even printing or brandishing can proclude someone from ever carrying legally; if convicted.

Neptune
07-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Good point. I'm not going to push it.

When you get your permit, you'll see that there is only room for two weapons to be listed on the back of the plastic card. The paper DOJ paperwork that must accompany the plastic courtesy card has room for three, but there are only two listed.

In the event that you want to switch out one gun for another, the third line is used for the new gun, and the other gun is lined out, and a new plastic courtesy card is issued with the updated guns. You have to carry the DOJ paper at all times as that is the DOJ portion of the permit with the official pen signed document carrying the Sheriff's signature.

The courtesy card is the plastic card that states "Concealed Weapon Permit" with your picture and the corresponding data.

Get a fishing license plastic sleeve with a ziplock end like the ones worn with a lanyard, and put your DOJ paper in it, and stick it in the bill portion of your wallet. Do not laminate it as they won't be able to change it if you want to add a different weapon to your permit, you'll have to wait for the Sheriff to sign a new DOJ slip for you.

Keep the plastic courtesy card behind your driver's license where it's easy to grab if you get pulled over.

__

XD40SUBBIE
07-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Just got a call from Catharine!! Left a VM with Officer Grant! Whoohoo!

6/13/12 - turned in app
7/6/12 - On to Livescan

JimSar
07-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Just got a call from Catharine!! Left a VM with Officer <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">Grant</a>! Whoohoo!

6/13/12 - turned in app
7/6/12 - On to Livescan

Looks like you License to Carry will be out before the end of this "hot" summer in Vallejo. 5 police involved shootings in the last 6 weeks.

XD40SUBBIE
07-06-2012, 1:12 PM
Looks like you License to Carry will be out before the end of this "hot" summer in Vallejo. 5 police involved shootings in the last 6 weeks.

I've read that. One just a few days ago, right? On the upside, Vallejo got a balanced budget and added 5 cops and 2 code enforcement officer slots opened.

gant
07-07-2012, 4:53 PM
congrats xd40subbie!!!

XD40SUBBIE
07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
congrats xd40subbie!!!

Thanks, Gant!

457F
07-10-2012, 1:19 PM
I am still waiting after 165 days. Had live scan and turned in targets, called about 2 weeks ago they said still waiting on background check on info I provided. All that and I have a squeaky clean record. My buddy turned in his 13 days before me with 3 speeding tickets and received his on day 91. Every time I have been able to proceed to the next step I have called them, they have never called me.

gant
07-10-2012, 1:24 PM
Damn are u from Vallejo ?

gant
07-10-2012, 1:43 PM
Looks like he didn't even wait for background check to clear just went ahead and turned in targets , in his post he says he called and there waiting on background

XD40SUBBIE
07-11-2012, 8:29 AM
To anyone that took Dave's course, a couple of questions. Do you have to pay "range fees" to centermass along with the buck fitee to Dave? What was the break down of the qualification? He told me I'll need 50 rounds per pistol. TIA!

tonyxcom
07-11-2012, 8:30 AM
yeah, I was charged $7 or $8 by Center Mass.

XD40SUBBIE
07-11-2012, 8:33 AM
yeah, I was charged $7 or $8 by Center Mass.

Thanks, Tony. how was the 50 rounds per pistol get used?

XD40SUBBIE
07-11-2012, 8:34 AM
Gant, have you gone to training? Or are you waiting on background then go to training?

gant
07-11-2012, 9:27 AM
No money's right now for training , seems like its gonna be awhile anyways for background to clear

gant
07-11-2012, 9:29 AM
I didn't know Dave did his training at center mass the website looks like its outdoors

Charlie50
07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I was re-reading the condition set forth by the Sheriff and one of the conditons is not carrying at "a public social gathering or meeting" Seems kind of intentially broad. I go to fairly large private social events, and go to many small private meetings. I assume the Sheriff is talking about City Council Meetings, Fairgrounds during a Fair, Racing events, ball games, Political rallies, Street Fairs, etc. Would some of you guys who have been to the training want to elaborate on what is being said by your instructors

BTW: I am not usually impatient, but it is a bit of a wait :(. I applied end of April, did live scan a few weeks after that. From what I read it is not likely that I will receive the call (if all goes well) to get training for another month or more... I'm at 90 days now.

Just waiting for an excuse to buy a new handgun !...lightweight .38 snub seems practical, the Khar in 9 would be good.... but really like the Springfield EMP in 9mm, don't like thickness of double stack 9s.

Gray Peterson
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I was re-reading the condition set forth by the Sheriff and one of the conditons is not carrying at "a public social gathering or meeting" Seems kind of intentially broad. I go to fairly large private social events, and go to many small private meetings. I assume the Sheriff is talking about City Council Meetings, Fairgrounds during a Fair, Racing events, ball games, Political rallies, Street Fairs, etc. Would some of you guys who have been to the training want to elaborate on what is being said by your instructors

BTW: I am not usually impatient, but it is a bit of a wait :(. I applied end of April, did live scan a few weeks after that. From what I read it is not likely that I will receive the call (if all goes well) to get training for another month or more... I'm at 90 days now.

Just waiting for an excuse to buy a new handgun !...lightweight .38 snub seems practical, the Khar in 9 would be good.... but really like the Springfield EMP in 9mm, don't like thickness of double stack 9s.

Unless the restriction is on the license itself, I would not worry about it.

XD40SUBBIE
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I didn't know Dave did his training at center mass the website looks like its outdoors
I'm signed up for the end of the month. Catharine seems to think it is a good idea, as it speeds up the latter part of the process. So I signed up with Dave. I agree, it's a bit pricey, so I'm budgeting and watching my pennies. After training, I will meet with Officer Grant for the Livescan.

457F
07-11-2012, 1:29 PM
Nope Vacaville.

457F
07-11-2012, 1:47 PM
I had to call the first time to ask if I was cleared for livescan after 97 days and they told me they called last week and left a message. I never received a message and asked what number she called to make sure they had the right one and they said they couldn't look it up. On the 98th day I did livescan and they told me two weeks tops to report back so at two weeks I took training course and turned in targets. On day 151 I called to check on progress and they said livescan was fine just waiting on background from the information I provided. I have been married once for over 15yrs with a child and have never had any issues with the law other than a speeding ticket 19 years ago for 8 mph over speed limit of 55mph. I am waiting patiently but 68 days when they told me backgroung wouldnt take longer than two weeks. I just hope it gets approved before the Sheriff retires and his replacement takes over, because I have no idea what his take will be on the ccw.

mr821907
07-11-2012, 2:39 PM
On day 151 I called to check on progress and they said livescan was fine just waiting on background from the information I provided.

Huh? Isn't Livescan part or is the background check?

gant
07-11-2012, 5:14 PM
I just hope it gets approved before the Sheriff retires and his replacement takes over, because I have no idea what his take will be on the ccw.

same here , but im assuming since stanton approved ours, the new sheriff will respect stantons decision which im sure he will

im more interested to see the people who have to reknew if the new sheriff will reknew it, either way i dont mind waiting not like i need to carry with me asap i'll just let the dice roll , i got other hobbies that will take my mind off ccw process

XD40SUBBIE
07-11-2012, 7:49 PM
I had to call the first time to ask if I was cleared for livescan after 97 days.

Man, I was crapping bricks because mine took 3 weeks for my proceed to Livescan! What I would give to be a fly in the Sheriff's office to see the criteria they use to which app to review. Gant was reviewed in less than two weeks, yours took 97 days. There does not seem to have a pattern. Have you lived in Vacaville in the last 10 years?

mr821907
07-12-2012, 8:30 PM
Got home and checked the machine. Miss C. Called and said background is clear. She said next time she calls me will be to pick up the permit.

gant
07-12-2012, 8:31 PM
nice congrats how long was the wait for your background? and what city are you from , im thinking some cities are slow to get back to soco sheriff and would like to know what city your in if you dont mind

mr821907
07-12-2012, 8:36 PM
Thanks. I have to say about 2 months for back ground. I'll have to check the correct dates I posted on this thread. I'm in fairfield.

gant
07-12-2012, 8:36 PM
lol already did it for you

you posted you completed step 2 on april 18th , so about 3 months

mr821907
07-12-2012, 8:46 PM
Ok here is my timeline:

4/13/12 App turned in

4/18/12 Livescan

7/2/12 Turned in targets without clearing background

7/12/12 Was called to say my background cleared

7/24/12 Pick up permit

XD40SUBBIE
07-13-2012, 8:36 AM
Got home and checked the machine. Miss C. Called and said background is clear. She said next time she calls me will be to pick up the permit.

You still have a machine?:confused::D Kidding, CongratS!

457F
07-13-2012, 3:48 PM
Lived in Vacaville 10 years and Napa for 25.

JimSar
07-13-2012, 4:16 PM
Means there a ****ty business they charge u as soon as u order and then let u wait months for there subpar 9mm ammo which has .380 mixed in it , that business is a total ponzi scheme they use the money for who knows what , months ago they hired supposedly more employees latest I heard they fired them and don't have many employees so wtf are they doing with the money , taking 3 plus months to ****kk a order is bad business especially since they charge as soon as you order

Sorry for the OT, but check out this thread about this company:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=593140

XD40SUBBIE
07-14-2012, 6:56 AM
Sorry for the OT, but check out this thread about this company:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=593140

LOL, I saw that before. I thought it was Gant because of his sig! LOL

XD40SUBBIE
07-14-2012, 6:59 AM
Ok here is my timeline:

4/13/12 App turned in

4/18/12 Livescan

7/2/12 Turned in targets without clearing background

7/12/12 Was called to say my background cleared

??/??/?? Pick up permit

I think Catharine takes every other Friday off...my money is on you picking this up on Monday - or at least a call to pick it up on Monday.

Okay, now my question, when you do the training, does the instructor turn in your targets or do you? The reason I ask is, I'm scheduled for training 7/29/12, I scheduled my fangerprints 7/31...I figure turn in the targets while getting electronic dust on my digits? Or would that be assuming?

mr821907
07-14-2012, 7:03 AM
I think Catharine takes every other Friday off...my money is on you picking this up on Monday - or at least a call to pick it up on Monday.

Okay, now my question, when you do the training, does the instructor turn in your targets or do you? The reason I ask is, I'm scheduled for training 7/29/12, I scheduled my fangerprints 7/31...I figure turn in the targets while getting electronic dust on my digits? Or would that be assuming?

You have to turn in your targets. I dont see a problem turning in your targets the same time as livescan. Getrdone.

XD40SUBBIE
07-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Another question:

How or what does the qualification test consist of? What's is the criteria of passing or failing?

mr821907
07-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Another question:

How or what does the qualification test consist of? What's is the criteria of passing or failing?

I did Baptist training and on his website he list his qualifications for passing.
http://www.baptistsecuritytraining.com/

mr821907
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Some instructors are different for qualifications you would have to ask them.

mr821907
07-16-2012, 10:18 AM
There is also a written test mainly like the HSC test

XD40SUBBIE
07-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks! Anyone who took it with Dave Adams, give me the insight on his test?

tonyxcom
07-17-2012, 10:30 AM
There was no test with Dave Adams. There wasn't any scoring either for passing the qualification. Above all else he watches the way you handle your gun and how you shoot and doesn't spend much time evaluating 'groups'.

I presume that is what he uses to pass or fail a student. In my class it was pretty apparent that a couple of students could possibly fail given the lack of confidence in their gun handling that translated to their shooting and for one student, the number of malfunctions with both of his Hi-Points.

Don't take Dave's class expecting him to teach you how to shoot. He will help you improve your technique, but you should come prepared with at least a few thousand rounds under your belt.

mr821907
07-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Let me clarify also that when I'm talking passing on the class I mean passing the qualification on your targets for your pistols. For Baptist 20 out of 25 must be inside a 19in Target for each pistol. I'm not sure if you fail hitting 20 shots within the Target he will let you try again. Idk :shrug:

XD40SUBBIE
07-17-2012, 12:21 PM
There was no test with Dave Adams. There wasn't any scoring either for passing the qualification. Above all else he watches the way you handle your gun and how you shoot and doesn't spend much time evaluating 'groups'.

I presume that is what he uses to pass or fail a student. In my class it was pretty apparent that a couple of students could possibly fail given the lack of confidence in their gun handling that translated to their shooting and for one student, the number of malfunctions with both of his Hi-Points.

Don't take Dave's class expecting him to teach you how to shoot. He will help you improve your technique, but you should come prepared with at least a few thousand rounds under your belt.

Yeah, didn't think he would start from green HSC like curriculum and then move to drawing from the holster. So Dave, unlike Frasier, does not have a scoring or expectations of 20-25 inside the 19" circle? Cool. But is he like Frasier, in that you would fire 5 shots strong hand, 5 rounds weak hand at 5 yards. Prone at 10 yards, 5 rounds each hand. Then supported strong and weak hands at 15?

Let me clarify also that when I'm talking passing on the class I mean passing the qualification on your targets for your pistols. For Baptist 20 out of 25 must be inside a 19in Target for each pistol. I'm not sure if you fail hitting 20 shots within the Target he will let you try again. Idk :shrug:

20-25 within a group of 19" is fairly hard to screw up - if you shot a gun prior to taking his class at least and you have a fairly good gun.

tonyxcom
07-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I'll just put it to you like this. Dave doesn't care about your targets. You will shoot about 150 rounds during the class, and 40-50 rounds for each of your guns for the "qualification" part of the class on targets that you turn in to the Sheriff.

During the class you will shoot at various distances, one shooter at a time. You will shoot walking forward, you will shoot walking backward, you will shoot moving back/left and back/right. You will shoot weak hand supported. And during a lot of those drills you will be drawing from the holster. You can shoot as fast as you want during all of those drills. Dave will be watching you for stance, gun handling, grip, trigger control (using the reset) and overall technique.

The qual targets are shot 10 rounds each at different distances between 5 and 12-15 yards. We were using the lines in the cement walls as segments.

From my perspective, he is passing or failing you based off your performance during the entire class, not from just your qual targets. He says the only reason he does the qual targets is that the Sheriff requires them.

Whatever trainer you choose, just go. Stop over thinking the class curriculum. There is really nothing to it. And if you've never had the opportunity to move and shoot it will be pretty fun too.

XD40SUBBIE
07-17-2012, 1:46 PM
I'll just put it to you like this. Dave doesn't care about your targets. You will shoot about 150 rounds during the class, and 40-50 rounds for each of your guns for the "qualification" part of the class on targets that you turn in to the Sheriff.

During the class you will shoot at various distances, one shooter at a time. You will shoot walking forward, you will shoot walking backward, you will shoot moving back/left and back/right. You will shoot weak hand supported. And during a lot of those drills you will be drawing from the holster. You can shoot as fast as you want during all of those drills. Dave will be watching you for stance, gun handling, grip, trigger control (using the reset) and overall technique.

The qual targets are shot 10 rounds each at different distances between 5 and 12-15 yards. We were using the lines in the cement walls as segments.

From my perspective, he is passing or failing you based off your performance during the entire class, not from just your qual targets. He says the only reason he does the qual targets is that the Sheriff requires them.

Whatever trainer you choose, just go. Stop over thinking the class curriculum. There is really nothing to it. And if you've never had the opportunity to move and shoot it will be pretty fun too.

Yeah, already signed with Dave for next week, last week. But I was just trying to figure out what to "practice" before then. I tried shooting with one hand, either hand, yeah, that did not work all too well. But if supported, I can get pretty good.

mr821907
07-17-2012, 2:57 PM
Good training video from tackleberry...brings back memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJdmnMtpAwI

tonyxcom
07-17-2012, 7:53 PM
Yeah, already signed with Dave for next week, last week. But I was just trying to figure out what to "practice" before then. I tried shooting with one hand, either hand, yeah, that did not work all too well. But if supported, I can get pretty good.

Let me know how it goes. If you should practice anything, its Dry Firing. Try to do at least 100 a day.

XD40SUBBIE
07-19-2012, 7:14 AM
Let me know how it goes. If you should practice anything, its Dry Firing. Try to do at least 100 a day.

Yeah, will do. Right after, I would be giving my targets to the Sheriffs and do my Livescan. So hopefully the BG will not take very long.

Barney_Fife
07-19-2012, 9:21 AM
And whatever practice you do, try not to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NDKe2PVphg
;)

XD40SUBBIE
07-20-2012, 1:23 PM
And whatever practice you do, try not to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NDKe2PVphg
;)

or this? http://youtu.be/lo9tLrOHXH4

natestrnd
07-20-2012, 2:01 PM
or this? http://youtu.be/lo9tLrOHXH4

Wait what's wrong with a desk pop???? :D

gant
07-21-2012, 11:14 PM
livescan usually takes 1-3 days ive read, so the wait is from local agencies right?

U can actually call a automated system that tells u if ur live scan has been sent to whoever asked for it , thing is it needs a ATI number which says whatever agency asked for livescan should have , has anyone ever used this system ? I'm just wondering if my livescan is ok

Stanksbeamen
07-22-2012, 4:40 AM
Hi,

I've looked into getting a CCW but here's a few things first.

I'm not a CA resident (MD) but PCS'd here because I'm in the USAF. I believe they would still allow me to apply for a CCW but just wanted to ask. Also, I cannot read the first pages of this thread because I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan so its blocked...I'm concerned that I would be denied as I dont own a business and I dont have anyone looking for me. It'd be more a self defense reasoning (purchased a home in Suisun), I see there are Good cause statements but again I cannot see it due to the internet being blocked, pops up as "Political/Activists" filter so no luck here.

Any other Travis AFB guys have successfully gotten their CCW? Please chime in and let me know, TIA.

XD40SUBBIE
07-23-2012, 1:22 PM
livescan usually takes 1-3 days ive read, so the wait is from local agencies right?

U can actually call a automated system that tells u if ur live scan has been sent to whoever asked for it , thing is it needs a ATI number which says whatever agency asked for livescan should have , has anyone ever used this system ? I'm just wondering if my livescan is ok

Yeah, the background check, this is where Catharine sends your prints out to the local agencies and see if you have priors, a warrant, etc. As a lot of this is done by hand, which does not make sense, heck in CSI they got your entire life off a partial from the inside of a glove burned in a furnace in less than 15 mins...:D but then it is also getting someone in the various departments to look you up and clear you and call Catharine back and have the sheriff review your app again. ;)

XD40SUBBIE
07-23-2012, 1:25 PM
Hi,

I've looked into getting a CCW but here's a few things first.

I'm not a CA resident (MD) but PCS'd here because I'm in the USAF. I believe they would still allow me to apply for a CCW but just wanted to ask. Also, I cannot read the first pages of this thread because I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan so its blocked...I'm concerned that I would be denied as I dont own a business and I dont have anyone looking for me. It'd be more a self defense reasoning (purchased a home in Suisun), I see there are Good cause statements but again I cannot see it due to the internet being blocked, pops up as "Political/Activists" filter so no luck here.

Any other Travis AFB guys have successfully gotten their CCW? Please chime in and let me know, TIA.

Do you have CA DL? Proof of residency is required in the app. Since you have to be a resident of the county in which you are applying in. I don't know how that goes for stationed personnel. Try calling SoCo Sheriff, ask for the CCW department and ask to see if it is worth applying?

mr821907
07-23-2012, 5:56 PM
I plan on taking mine with Frasier. I do right/left supported/unsupported and kneeling and have no problem with either. But again, it's what I practice so I am comfortable with if the time ever comes that I need it.

+1 remember to SPEAK LOUD! Oh by the way I got the ok to call officer Grant to pick up my permit today. I'm calling first thing in the morning. The nachos at Walmart is calling me.....

Stanksbeamen
07-24-2012, 8:24 AM
Do you have CA DL? Proof of residency is required in the app. Since you have to be a resident of the county in which you are applying in. I don't know how that goes for stationed personnel. Try calling SoCo Sheriff, ask for the CCW department and ask to see if it is worth applying?

No, I do not. To purchase firearms all I have to do is show them my PCS orders which places me in CA. I'll look more into it when I'm closer to coming back home, thanks.

mr821907
07-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Permit in hand. Thank-you calguns and Solano County Sheriffs Department.

XD40SUBBIE
07-24-2012, 3:08 PM

Okay, so I was off a week. :) I'm new to the game here, but I think there is something about nachos at Wally World fer ya? Someone needs to clue me in. I don't think they serve nachos at Walmart anymore do they?

mr821907
07-24-2012, 4:33 PM
It's been a tradition for new Ltc holders to go to the nearest Walmart and carry concealed in public legally for the first time.

gant
07-24-2012, 4:40 PM

are you going to donate? i see ppl here got there ccw cause of calguns but no one donates :rolleyes:

mr821907
07-24-2012, 4:52 PM
are you going to donate? i see ppl here got there ccw cause of calguns but no one donates :rolleyes:

done

gant
07-24-2012, 4:53 PM
nice!

people here should donate to this one
http://store.calgunsfoundation.org/Sunshine-Compliance-Initiative-Sponsorship-p/sponsor-indiv-name.htm

pick solano county and it helps further more!!!!

These county sponsorships go to support our ongoing efforts to reform carry license policies, enforce existing laws, acquire and publish copies of the approved "good cause" statements, and make California "shall issue" through strategic litigation and grassroots actions.

97F1504RAD
07-24-2012, 5:12 PM
Ha!Lookie at my screen name. Again Thank you Calguns & SCSD

That's nice for the site but that is not donating to the Calguns Foundation which I think is what he was referring to.

Click the link in my signature to donate to the place that matters the most.

audiododd
07-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm working on my application right now. I have a first draft of my GC statement. Who would be willing to take a look and tell me what you think?

Thanks,

XD40SUBBIE
07-25-2012, 8:25 AM
I'm working on my application right now. I have a first draft of my GC statement. Who would be willing to take a look and tell me what you think?

Thanks,

PM Me. I'd look at for you. :D

XD40SUBBIE
07-25-2012, 8:26 AM
It's been a tradition for new Ltc holders to go to the nearest Walmart and carry concealed in public legally for the first time.

So, where's the nacho part? LOL.

racky
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
i submitted my application on July 17. LOL waiting for my denial paperwork :p

sfpcservice
07-25-2012, 4:57 PM

I think you're in for disappointment if you are looking for a denial, unless you have background issues!

Purple K
07-25-2012, 8:05 PM

I've used the automated system. It showed that the Sheriffs office had the results of my Live Scan in 24-hours. They still made me wait weeks to go to the next step.

gant
07-25-2012, 8:06 PM
where do i get the ATI number? when you call the automated system it ask for your bday and a ATI number

457F
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I would like to know how to check also. I am on day 182 and don't want to call and bug her.

Stanksbeamen
07-27-2012, 3:30 AM

Are you a CA resident? I'm also stationed at Travis AFB. If you dont mind PM'ing me how it went filling out the application and if we need any other paperwork. TIA

Justin

CriticallyStressed
07-27-2012, 7:15 AM
Solano sponsor as well... some of us do donate gant :cool2:
l
l
\/

Purple K
07-27-2012, 7:42 PM
The ATI number is on the receipt that they are supposed to give you at the time they do your Livescan prints.

457F
07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah they didn't give me one either.

Neptune
07-29-2012, 12:14 AM
I've used the automated system. It showed that the Sheriffs office had the results of my Live Scan in 24-hours. They still made me wait weeks to go to the next step.

The Department sends out requests for information to your local law enforcement department. They want to make sure that you haven't been under investigation, keep your act clean, and stay out of trouble with the local police department.

There are lots of people out there who can pass a live scan, but they may have received multiple warnings for other issues, or been at the scene of crimes still under investigation, as well as other issues that might skew their eligibility for a permit. Remember that California is still a "May Issue" state, and the Sheriff has the discretion to differentiate between those he feels are eligible, and those who are not.

Getting those requests back from your local police department takes time. They are swamped, understaffed, and underpaid as well. These things take time. Just be patient, and things will work out. Catherine told me that she moves them along as fast as she can, but she can only get things moving along when she gets the requested information in hand.

__

XD40SUBBIE
07-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I just want to give a big endorsement for Dave Adams in training. The class is a big 10/10, A+. Very informative, well organized. Dave listens rather than just giving out information. He watches and is very observant on what you need to correct your shooting.

He went over the law, your options, and even what to do when you are pulled over. Then he checked out the mechanics - grip, trigger control, stance and even help another shooter on how to correct his sight picture. It was a great class that just flowed. I used about 300 rounds. Your quals will require 50 rounds per gun. The wise shooter will bring about 5 magazines loaded. Our class had very little disruptions as we all had our mags loaded. Bring a speed loader like a Lula, that worked well for me.

XD40SUBBIE
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I would like to know how to check also. I am on day 182 and don't want to call and bug her.

I've been told that after 90 days, you have not heard from her for your background, call her. Why? The usual procedure is to send these form letters to the different agencies where you are lived/worked, etc. Many agencies ignore these letters or just do not have the time to process. Calling Catharine can prompt her to call the agencies and give them the push to get your work done. Catharine is pretty efficient from what I've heard. She will work on it as soon as it is available.

After 182 days, I say it will not be bugging her if you give her a call to inquire about the status of your application.

457F
07-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah I know but there is a lot of other people going through the same process and I don't want to make her frustrated with people calling about ccw info. I don't want to make it difficult for other people who call and check. I think the less calls she gets the better for us but I might call on day 190. If I don't here anything. Trying to stay patient.

gant
07-30-2012, 1:32 PM
457F are u from Vallejo? Tony on here waited 6 months after livescan to here something back and I'm assuming it's because of Vallejo

XD40SUBBIE
07-30-2012, 3:45 PM
Gant, hopefully that's true. Meaning V-Town is holding up the background process - which is reasonable considering their level of staffing. My past 5 years of residence has been Vaca and Fairfield. Hopefully, that would not be a problem. 457F, I still suggest giving Catharine a hello, since she may be able to light a fire under some people's buns.

457F
07-31-2012, 8:59 AM
No I am from Vacaville. I have lived here for the past 10+ years and Napa the rest. Maybe I will give her a call today.

XD40SUBBIE
08-01-2012, 9:01 AM
Current timeline for me:

6/13/12 - turned in app
7/6/12 - On to Livescan
7/29/12 - went ahead to training without being told to proceed
7/31/12 - Livescan, targets and training certification turned in.

I received no receipts for the DOJ and only got the receipt for 105.90 because I used my debit card.

457F
08-01-2012, 4:33 PM
Well I called today and talked to Catharine, she was as nice as ever and pulled my paperwork and said it could take awhile for the complete process. So I said that it has been 188 days total and 98 days since livescan. She replied really, let me look into it and found that what was holding it up was the background from Solano county. She seemed surprised with that and said she would take care of it.

457F
08-01-2012, 4:39 PM
Here is my timeline
1/26/12 turned in app
on 4/24/12 I still didn't here anything so I called, They said I was clear for livescan.
4/25/12 livescan
5/29/12 Training
5/30/12 turned in targets without being told to proceed.
8/1/12 called for update waiting on Solano county report.

BetterDaze
08-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Here is my timeline
1/26/12 turned in app
on 4/24/12 I still didn't here anything so I called, They said I was clear for livescan.
4/25/12 livescan
5/29/12 Training
5/30/12 turned in targets without being told to proceed.
8/1/12 called for update waiting on Solano county report.

FYI - I proceeded to Livescan on 4/24/12 and am still patiently waiting.

457F
08-06-2012, 4:09 PM
When did you turn in app?

XD40SUBBIE
08-06-2012, 7:59 PM
FYI - I proceeded to Livescan on 4/24/12 and am still patiently waiting.

At training, Dave Adams pretty much told us to leave Catharine alone and let her do her job. However, if you wait longer than 3 months, he said, "I would definitely call her after 3 months..."

I asked Catharine if I should check back with her after 3 months, when i turned in my targets and done the Livescan, she said, "Not necessary, I have a list I check daily."

457F
08-07-2012, 3:40 PM
She was surprised mine was still waiting on Solano county and she would get right on it, so it looks like that one fell through the cracks.

JimSar
08-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Undersheriff Tom Ferrara will take over as Sheriff on November 1, 2012 due to Sheriff Stanton's retirement effective October 31st. This will be an interim position until the end of Sheriff Stanton's term in 2014. I believe an election will be held before then.

I hope nothing changes as far as LTC issuance and renewals.

XD40SUBBIE
08-15-2012, 9:14 AM
Undersheriff Tom Ferrara will take over as Sheriff on November 1, 2012 due to Sheriff Stanton's retirement effective October 31st. This will be an interim position until the end of Sheriff Stanton's term in 2014. I believe an election will be held before then.

Jim, my hope is that I pass BG by Halloween. Dave said, if it takes longer than 3 months to give Catharine a call. October would make it 3 months. :)

tonyxcom
08-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Does anyone think it more appropriate that status inquires be sent via email so that she can answer them at her own pace and not be bogged down by the phone?

I have Catharine's email address and can contact her to get her thoughts and possibly her permission. Don't PM me for it as I won't be giving it out without her blessing.

XD40SUBBIE
08-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Does anyone think it more appropriate that status inquires be sent via email so that she can answer them at her own pace and not be bogged down by the phone?

I have Catharine's email address and can contact her to get her thoughts and possibly her permission. Don't PM me for it as I won't be giving it out without her blessing.

Isn't it on her business card?

tonyxcom
08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Maybe, but not everyone has her business card.

457F
08-15-2012, 9:58 PM
I wanted to use email so I wouldn't bug her, that way when she had the time she could get back to me, I just couldn't seem to get the correct one. I agree with xd40subbie, I just hope I have permit in hand by then but as things are going it isn't looking good. On day 204 now and by then will be around day 275 ish. Trying to be patient but it is hard.

Charlie50
08-17-2012, 6:50 AM
about 110 days and counting... seems pretty typical from what I see here.

I signed up for Mr. Baptist's CCW training course. I was mildly disappointed with firearms training aspect. I think he does pretty good job at quickly determining your weak areas then spending time on those areas.

First off his basic tactic is to put his student under some degree of stress by very quickly giving brief instructions regarding sign up, etc. If you don't understand, follow too, the letter, not easy, rides you a bit... no problem for me, I don't rattle too easy. I assumed we'd do some class work first then shoot, wrong! Was in the lane shooting within minutes of entering range. He says "Its your weapon, you know it don't you? You know how to shoot it, right? Well lets see you handle your weapons... go get set up.."

Clearly he was watching me closely while setting up seeing if I had a clue, safety habits, basic gun handling. He asked me to shoot in different positions, weak hand, strong hand, two hands weak, strong hand two hands, one hand weak, load with weak hand, unloading... etc. Did so with each weapon. I virtually never shoot with weak hand but was passable. I used to shoot competitive pistol in my youth and have retained some basic skills. Those targets, straight off, while he was trying to put pressure on were the targets that the Sheriff received :eek: Not picture perfect but groups were about 80% in the black (longest distance 15 yards). I think you need to basically hit the paper... maybe 20inches diameter. He made a few suggestions for reloading more efficiently and my stance. He asked me to field strip my semi auto. Shooting went well, end of training.

In the classroom he asked me a few basic questions regarding ethic and mental preparedness regarding use of deadly force. Then took a three or four page multi guess test. I missed two questions. He focused on those and the circumstance that one may use deadly force and that was about it. After that we BSed for quite awhile and he admitted that he wants to put CCW folks through some amount of stress to more accurately access that individuals ability to shoot under more realistic circumstance. Nice guy but would have liked to spend more time improving shooting, moving, tactics, reloading.
I would recommend him to seasoned shooters who really don't need much in the way of training. New shooters, those a little unsure will be rattled.

Looking forward to my trip to Walmart :) soon.

tonyxcom
08-17-2012, 1:44 PM
I don't know, maybe I am crazy or its because I've lived in CA for so long...

I can't imagine someone taking a CCW class for firearms training. Maybe it's different in states that are shall issue. I know that there aren't a lot of places to shoot in NorCal where you can draw from a holster and shoot while moving so I understand why that will likely be new to most people... but I would hope anyone taking the class would have shot at least a few thousand rounds.

When I took my class, for example... there were two students that didn't have any confidence in their gun handling or shooting. And one of them had a "44 Long Colt" with a shoulder holster!!!

Charlie50
08-17-2012, 7:58 PM
I don't know, maybe I am crazy or its because I've lived in CA for so long...

I can't imagine someone taking a CCW class for firearms training. Maybe it's different in states that are shall issue. I know that there aren't a lot of places to shoot in NorCal where you can draw from a holster and shoot while moving so I understand why that will likely be new to most people... but I would hope anyone taking the class would have shot at least a few thousand rounds.

When I took my class, for example... there were two students that didn't have any confidence in their gun handling or shooting. And one of them had a "44 Long Colt" with a shoulder holster!!!

Apparently he gets CCW people all the time who have very little shooting experience. Quite a few folks, including security guys are not too up task hitting the black. It seems you ran into same. I was just hoping that I would get a little more bang for my buck (sorry) and I'd get a bit more out of it. I am somewhat of a reader and was pretty up on the legal aspects. The class was inexpensive and convenient.

srusso
08-24-2012, 6:47 PM
I started the ccw app back in April. I just got the call yesterday that my background check is done. I turned in my targets and now wait for the call to pick up my ccw. I wonder how long this part will be?

cibb510
08-24-2012, 7:18 PM
no worries now, this part goes quick. after turning in my targets I got the call within 2 weeks to pick up my ccw. your in the home stretch. just be patient and before you know it it'll be nacho time.

audiododd
08-25-2012, 2:44 PM
Turned in my application Friday (8/24).

And now....we wait....

audiododd
08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
With all the folks that have done the CCW, is there a point in the process where your're pretty much good-to-go?? If approved, I need a good carry pistol (my full size 1911 is just too damn heavy), but I don't want to go drop the dough until it looks like things are good.

Should I assume that the Sherrif's 1st review is the basic information, including your cause statement? If I'm approved there, nothing surprising should pop up during the background check (I'm pretty clean -- other than some moving violations about 8 years ago) and I don't see any reason that I would fail the shooting test.

So, when should I start looking for my new carry gun, after I'm told to proceed to LiveScan??

Thanks!

tonyxcom
08-27-2012, 7:06 AM
I would say that if you don't get a denial around 3-4 weeks after your Livescan you are good to go.

457F
08-27-2012, 9:28 PM
Day 216 and finally got the call telling me permit is ready for pick up. Wooo Whooooo. I never thought this day would come.

Forewarned
08-28-2012, 8:05 AM
I plan on applying soon, so I'm putting together my application. I do have some arrest history. All but one are either expunged or dismissed/dropped and from more than 10-20 years ago. Should I explain the incident and what happened or should I just note when and what it was for? I got a Live Scan done for myself so I know exactly what it looks like. Please feel free to PM me if you want.

Charlie50
08-28-2012, 8:14 AM
The Sheriff must be in a signing mode the last day or so... got the call from Officer Grant to come on in and finalize my license! It took me about 120 days from when I turned in my initial application. Seems to me they have streamlined the process a bit. I was hoping to celebrate by purchasing something cool like a new pistol but I am pretty darn pleased to go to Walmart today and pick up some munchies and maybe some practice ammo :)I will post some more details regarding my situation that others may find encouraging and helpful.

Thank you CALGUNs and those of you who actually contribute cash to the cause. And thanks to Sheriff Stanton for having the testicular fortitude to do what is right and grant permits. I will support the next Sheriff who carries on this policy.

457F
08-29-2012, 9:18 AM
217 days and have permit in hand. Charlie50 what time did you pick up your permit? I saw two other people coming in for livescan not sure if it was for permit or not. Officer Grant and Catherine where great to deal with also, very friendly.

Charlie50
08-29-2012, 1:38 PM
I saw you, you saw me... small world ehh. sent pm.

Forewarned
08-30-2012, 11:21 AM
I got a live scan done for myself to know exactly what I had on my background check. Should I put a copy of it in the app or leave it out? What do ya think?

Charlie50
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
IMO, leave it out. They are not likely to accept or even give any credit something they didn't generate..."and just why did this guy get his own livescan, does'nt he know what he did?" chain of custudy thingee. Good luck

21SF
08-31-2012, 1:34 PM
What are the chances in Benicia, may be moving.

97F1504RAD
08-31-2012, 1:45 PM
What are the chances in Benicia, may be moving.

That is part of Solano County so you need to apply at the Sheriffs not in the city of Benicia.

Forewarned
08-31-2012, 9:57 PM
App turned in today 8/31/12

gant
09-09-2012, 3:11 AM
i did live scan on 6/19/12....seems like its going to be awhile im in vallejo so that is probably why, i called Catharine and she said im still in background and that im not forgotten called her like a week or two ago, oh well i got a new motorcycle that i been dumping all my money into lol, i actually been off this site for a month or two while doing motorcycle stuff.

Bugguts
09-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I did Livescan just a couple of days before you and I am not in Vallejo so I don't think that has anything to do with it. They are just back logged I guess.

Stanksbeamen
09-10-2012, 8:14 AM
Sucks, I opened up the page on how to fill out the application, first thing I see is that you have to have a CA drivers license...I guess I'll have to call them when I get home from deployment.

audiododd
09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Got the call today to proceed to Livescan. I dropped off my initial application on 8/24.

Things are moving along.

Bugguts
09-11-2012, 1:02 PM
Got the call from Katharine, my livescan and background are on the Sheriff's desk and she said to proceed to targets! WOOT! Just 3 days under 90days since I did Livescan

Neptune
09-11-2012, 2:14 PM
Things typically take 4-7 months.

You can do your targets/training while you wait for your LiveScan to complete. The worst thing that can happen is you end up with some good training, even if you fail the LiveScan. The best thing that could happen? You cut about a month off your overall time.

I completed mine in 4.5 months total, I did my training while I waited for the LiveScan to complete, then handed in my targets the day after Catherine notified me that I had passed the LiveScan. A week later, I had my permit in hand. Piece of cake. The toughest part is the waiting, it helps to just forget about it in the meantime and let things work themselves out.

__

Bugguts
09-11-2012, 2:27 PM
I could have done my testing while Livescan was going through but too many things on my plate, and I didn't have time. Going in Friday to do targets and then dropping them off.

gant
09-11-2012, 7:22 PM
I could have done my testing while Livescan was going through but too many things on my plate, and I didn't have time. Going in Friday to do targets and then dropping them off.

you must be from the suisun/fairfield area, a member on here just Pmed me and there from that area and we both turns ours in a week apart, that member already got the call today saying background is clear, you got the call your background is clear a couple days ago

like said im from vallejo im going to be waiting awhileeee , theres a shooting here like every week and understaffed, this background is a local background i doubt they have anytime to do it , oh well i can keep waiting

what i dont understand is, why after doing the livescan which is a background check you have to do another one

Bugguts
09-11-2012, 8:01 PM
you must be from the suisun/fairfield area, a member on here just Pmed me and there from that area and we both turns ours in a week apart, that member already got the call today saying background is clear, you got the call your background is clear a couple days ago

like said im from vallejo im going to be waiting awhileeee , theres a shooting here like every week and understaffed, this background is a local background i doubt they have anytime to do it , oh well i can keep waiting

what i dont understand is, why after doing the livescan which is a background check you have to do another one

You've got a pm.

tonyxcom
09-11-2012, 9:16 PM

They always check with the local PD to, among other things I am sure, make sure you aren't part of any current investigations or an uncharged suspect in a crime. These are things that obviously won't show up in Livescan or any other check into your past history.

srusso
09-12-2012, 8:54 PM
I just picked up my CCW today! Thank you Calguns.net for the help with the entire process. I applied back in April. It took 6 months from submitting my app till permit in hand. Last week I bought a new Glock 36, I pick it up this Monday and start training. Then call Dave Adams to qualify and add it to my CCW.

Bugguts
09-14-2012, 1:50 PM
Dropped off targets today. Now just waiting...

Charlie50
09-14-2012, 6:05 PM
I thought I would give some hope to those that might not have a perfectly squeaky clean past. I had a significant (non-violent) misdemeanor at least a decade ago. I stupidly pleaded "no contest" to crime "of moral turpitude", I had no money, going through divorce (plaintiff was ex to be) I could not get court appointed attorney. The charge was later expunged, all civil actions after my incident were dropped (sued by plaintiff were found without merit by Judge). At the time I was simply in despair with child custody issues and the fight had given way to apathy... dumb, dumb, dumb. This decision was to haunt me, cost me a good job with a city and put my ability to ever get a CCW in serious doubt. Anyway I never had a criminal history before this thing or after. Maybe one speeding ticket thats it. I have a good reason for requesting a CCW and all be darned clean living does pay off. BTW I am in significant position of trust, have been for decades and never abuse it. So if you are truly one of the "good guys" by all means apply.

Bugguts
09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm so impatient. I wasn't this impatient waiting to get my livescan results but now that I have turned in targets(Friday), I want a call NOW! LOL

girlswithguns
09-23-2012, 8:49 AM
All that's left to do now is turn in my targets! While the sheriff's office took a long time to 1) call me for livescan, and 2) tell me I passed the livescan, some of the delay is on my end. I turned in my initial app in May 2012. I could have done the shooting qualification while waiting for the livescan but didn't. Even after getting that call it took me several weeks to actually get the certification. Now I've had the cert and the targets sitting here for a week and counting until I can get to Fairfield during business hours.

But the good news is, I'm almost there!

Does anyone know anything about the new sheriff coming on board in terms of CCW permits?

Bugguts
09-23-2012, 9:06 AM
I just checked and I realized I wrote and turned in my Good Cause letter on 5/22/12. I did Livescan on 6/13/12 and had(on a whim) called Katharine on the 10th or 11th and she told me to proceed to training and targets. I scheduled it for Friday the 14th but was in the range on the 13th and apparently Frasier has seen my son and wanted to do it that day but my son did not relay that to me so on Friday he said "Girl, why didn't we do this yesterday?" LOL Took the test, did targets with both guns and dropped off at the Sheriff all at once. Hopefully I will get the call this week to finalize.

Had a good friend of ours who just got his first gun(XD .45) call me and say "So what is the procedure to start the process...." I told him, "it's easy, it just takes time" Because it was easy, it was just a lot of Hurry Up and Wait.

Forewarned
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I just got the approved call today, time to move to livescan. I just hope they looked at my background that I disclosed and took that into consideration. I don't want to get turned down after livescan even though I disclosed every little thing that was on my record including juvenile.

Steyrlp10
10-04-2012, 12:54 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=9454073#post9454073

If you've never had a chance to speak with him, but want to, he'll be sharing the CRPA booth #318 Oct 5, 6, and 7, 2012. The show hours and entry fees are in the link in the CRPA thread if you're interested in going, thanks :)

Bugguts
10-05-2012, 1:05 PM
Got the call. Catharine called and said my CCW is ready for pick up and to contact Officer Grant for appt to take picture and pick it up. I called and left a message and she has called me back and I get to pick it up on Tuesday!

HowardW56
10-05-2012, 1:18 PM
Got the call. Catharine called and said my CCW is ready for pick up and to contact Officer Grant for appt to take picture and pick it up. I called and left a message and expect to pick it up some time next week. Whew, almost there...

Congratulations!

gant
10-08-2012, 4:32 PM
congrats tony damn man your livescan , proceed to training was 6 months!!! jesus , and 2 months from turning in app to livescan??? damn

so far im at

6/4/2012 - turned in app
6/12/2012- proceed to live scan
6/19/2012(today)- livescan

so far im 3 weeks in it, and now im at the longest part the background

10/8/2012 got cleared for training!!!

took almost 4 months after livescan to get this call

CriticallyStressed
10-08-2012, 4:56 PM
10/8/2012 got cleared for training!!!

took almost 4 months after livescan to get this call

went and bought a glock 23 today have to wait till the 18th to pick up then take training

sorry if someone asked how long AFTER u turn in targets till you get the ccw?

Congrats!

It takes about 1~2 weeks after turn-in. (Though both times I've turned in modification targets it's taken closer to 1 month).

You're on the home stretch now, if you've waited this long, you can wait a little longer ;)

Bugguts
10-08-2012, 5:12 PM
I turned in targets on the 14th of September and just got the call last week so 3wks or so for me.

gant
10-08-2012, 6:00 PM

im hoping to get targets in by the end of october, so the new sheriff will probably overlook my targets and such i wonder since im already this far if hes going to change LTC issuance

SFCRoOKs
10-08-2012, 7:33 PM
Started my app today hope to submit it by the end of the week

gant
10-21-2012, 4:31 PM
took my ccw with dave brcarms

like said in thread this is the guy to go to!!!! going to turn in targets monday at lunch home stretch!

the sheriff is going to retire end of this month so more than likely the new sheriff will probably look at my targets wonder if he'll do anything new??

Racefiend
10-22-2012, 7:09 PM
took my ccw with dave brcarms

like said in thread this is the guy to go to!!!! going to turn in targets monday at lunch home stretch!

the sheriff is going to retire end of this month so more than likely the new sheriff will probably look at my targets wonder if he'll do anything new??

You must have been in my class then :) I have to agree Dave was an awesome instructor.

I just turned my targets in today since I had jury duty next door.

gant
10-22-2012, 7:11 PM
i was going to turn my targets in today but was busy at lunch , so going to do it tomorrow!

fun class wasnt it!

gant
10-23-2012, 8:13 PM
is there a form online to add a gun to ccw? i just turned in my target today for the one gun im using

but im going to purchase another gun, i know i have to qualify again for new gun,

girlswithguns
10-29-2012, 6:24 AM
Woohoo! My permit is ready for pick up! Took 7 months from my application turn-in date although, to be fair, some of the delay was on my part. Took me awhile to get the class done.

Also, I've heard from some deputies that the new sheriff is expected to be much like the old sheriff in terms of approving CCW's. Anyone else heard anything?

SFCRoOKs
10-29-2012, 3:46 PM
application finally submitted this a.m.

XD40SUBBIE
10-30-2012, 9:10 AM
Alas, Babylon...

Catharine just called me. I'm picking up on Thursday! here's the timeline:

6/13/12 - turned in app
7/6/12 - On to Livescan
10/30/12 - Call to pickup permit.
11/1/12 - picked up permit!

Whoohoo! This warrants a trip to Walmart for some nachos!

Thank you, Calguns, thank you Tonyxcom, Jimsar, Gant,LdyAPXR, et al. that helped me in the process!

XD40SUBBIE
10-30-2012, 9:18 AM
is there a form online to add a gun to ccw? i just turned in my target today for the one gun im using

but im going to purchase another gun, i know i have to qualify again for new gun,

You would need to qualify again. That's why I like Dave. He said, you can just call him, arrange a time to meet at Centermass and he will certify you without a fee.

gant
10-30-2012, 9:19 AM
Congrats xd!!!! I should of did training while background but I waited for call to do training , I turn my target in last tuesday just anxiously waiting for call to oicky up permit ,

XD40SUBBIE
10-30-2012, 9:27 AM
Congrats xd!!!! I should of did training while background but I waited for call to do training , I turn my target in last tuesday just anxiously waiting for call to oicky up permit ,

thanks, Gant. Yeah, Catharine actually suggested to take the training, if you have nothing to worry about in the background. The problem with the Livescan phase and the background is not the Livescan, but the background. The various agencies that need to be contacted to report and comb (I don't know why this is not all computerized) through their files to make sure you are of "good moral character" or in other words, no outstanding warrants, disqualifying misdemeanors, felonies, etc. This takes forever since someone in the agencies need to do the foot work of looking through boxes of files to find your name. Depending on how migrant you are, this could mean waiting back from all the concerted effort of these agencies to finalize.

gant
10-30-2012, 9:31 AM
Dave is awesome when I took class about 5 ppl showed up to qualify new gun for free

gant
10-30-2012, 9:38 AM
Lol just got call to pick up

gant
10-30-2012, 9:46 AM
Only took a week to get call to pick up ccw after I turn in target im assuming since sheriff retiring in a couple days they pushing a bunch to him

JimSar
10-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Alas, Babylon...

6/13/12 - turned in app
7/6/12 - On to Livescan

Thank you, Calguns, thank you Tonyxcom, Jimsar, Gant,LdyAPXR, et al. that helped me in the process!

CONGRATS to all! Glad to observe that LTC policy hasn't changed in Solano County, in fact it seems to have sped up lately.

A fall "meet" is in order! Any suggestions for time and place?

XD40SUBBIE
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
CONGRATS to all! Glad to observe that LTC policy hasn't changed in Solano County, in fact it seems to have sped up lately.

A fall "meet" is in order! Any suggestions for time and place?

Are most of you in Vallejo?

nuggett
10-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Had livescan done the begining of July.Picked up today.

JimSar
10-30-2012, 4:27 PM
Are most of you in Vallejo?
Vallejo here, so is Tony and Kenmark. Almost forgot Frank, the Subway guy. You're in AmCan, right? Maybe we should try a downtown Vallejo location.

gant
10-30-2012, 5:32 PM
Vallejo here, so is Tony and Kenmark. Almost forgot Frank, the Subway guy. You're in AmCan, right? Maybe we should try a downtown Vallejo location.

i dont think hes from AM canyon becuase thats napa county and napa isnt giving any ccws out

Neptune
10-30-2012, 6:38 PM

I'd be in for a lunch or something, as would my brother. We're both in the general neighborhood.

__

sfpcservice
11-02-2012, 8:13 AM
Alas, Babylon...

6/13/12 - turned in app
7/6/12 - On to Livescan

Congrats! Just wondering if your permit is signed by Gary Stanton or by the new Sheriff?

gant
11-02-2012, 10:32 AM
i picked mine up yesterday too at 11/1/2012 at 11am

my actual hard card was signed by tom ferrera the acting sheriff

the paper card was signed by stanton

sfpcservice
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
i picked mine up yesterday too at 11/1/2012 at 11am

my actual hard card was signed by tom ferrera the acting sheriff

the paper card was signed by stanton

Excellent! Just got an email from one of the county supervisors staff. The email stated Sheriff Ferrrara intends to continue the CCW program as implemented by the former Sheriff. Kudos to the new Sheriff.

gant
11-02-2012, 2:34 PM
hes actually just the interim sheriff im sure they will hold a new reelection soon

sar_man
11-02-2012, 2:39 PM
Sheriff Ferrara is the appointed Sheriff of Solano County and he will be finishing out the term of Sheriff. There will not be any special election.

Stanksbeamen
11-03-2012, 12:52 AM
This is all good news! Congrats on getting your permit for those that recently picked it up. Also, good to hear the next sheriff is on the same page as the previous. I have about 45-50 more days in the sandbox and will be home to fill out my app and go through the steps.

jstasnk
11-03-2012, 8:20 AM
Fairfield...

Turned app in 5/16/12 11:00, will update progress, thanks for sharing the experiences.
6/11/12 4:00 message from SO, proceed to Livescan
6/13/12 10:45 completed Livescan....
8/22/12 waiting for next step...
10/17/12 rcvd call to proceed to get certification...
10/24/12 11:45 Turned in targets and certification paper...
11/01/12 Picked up card Done Deal...(and a gift from the Sheriff)

Complete process took 5 1/2 months...PATIENCE IS A MUST!!!

tonyxcom
11-03-2012, 5:46 PM
I still down to meet up somewhere. I'll be in Vegas all of next week though. (12-18)

gant
11-03-2012, 9:00 PM
haha yeah the free gift from sheriff was suprising

for people that got it DONT TELL haha

question what form do you use to add a weapon to your license?

avu3
11-04-2012, 7:25 PM
After Reading the GC statements, I have a couple questions.

The majority of the examples seem to be business owners or people who work in professions who put them at high risk while regularly interacting with the public. Are folks of more modest needs even applying? "I'm afraid for my life while walking to/from my car at night in front of my house", as I'd assume the average person is, seems pretty minor by comparison.

Should those of us with more modest need (as compared to the extremes) even bother applying, or would our denials just sour the Sheriff's office on issuing?

Quite a few of the examples seem to have a lot of hyperbole I'd almost call pandering in there.
"I'm a firm believer in 2a rights" "I've been an NRA member for x years" (how ardent a supporter you are is immaterial. You probably wouldn't apply if you were anti. You might even be causing greater scrutiny as a "gun nut"),
"Budget cuts are causing longer response times" (just a fact, does it need to be started?)

Is this kind of "statement of the obvious" good? I'd almost be concerned about offending the Sheriff reading about things they already know (rise of crime, budget cuts, gang activity, response time, etc)

I'm working on my draft of GCS, if anyone is willing/interested in reviewing it for me.

Thanks!
Scott

model63
11-04-2012, 7:55 PM

Got to meet Frank a few weeks ago while out hunting of all things as he doesn't fit the bill in looks as to what your stereo-typical wintertime outdoors-man/waterfowler would look like, but then neither do I for that matter I suppose. Young inner-city experience with a few country tendencies is a mix he wears well.

gant
11-04-2012, 7:57 PM
After Reading the GC statements, I have a couple questions.

The majority of the examples seem to be business owners or people who work in professions who put them at high risk while regularly interacting with the public. Are folks of more modest needs even applying? "I'm afraid for my life while walking to/from my car at night in front of my house", as I'd assume the average person is, seems pretty minor by comparison.

Should those of us with more modest need (as compared to the extremes) even bother applying, or would our denials just sour the Sheriff's office on issuing?

Quite a few of the examples seem to have a lot of hyperbole I'd almost call pandering in there.
"I'm a firm believer in 2a rights" "I've been an NRA member for x years" (how ardent a supporter you are is immaterial. You probably wouldn't apply if you were anti. You might even be causing greater scrutiny as a "gun nut"),
"Budget cuts are causing longer response times" (just a fact, does it need to be started?)

Is this kind of "statement of the obvious" good? I'd almost be concerned about offending the Sheriff reading about things they already know (rise of crime, budget cuts, gang activity, response time, etc)

I'm working on my draft of GCS, if anyone is willing/interested in reviewing it for me.

Thanks!
Scott

most of us dont own business's or have high risk profession im a mechanic lol

you just gotta put down why you think you need to ccw, draft something up and PM

gant
11-04-2012, 8:01 PM
6/4/2012 - turned in app
6/12/2012- proceed to live scan
6/19/2012- livescan
10/8/2012 got cleared for training
10/21/2012 did training with dave
10/23/12 turned in targets
10/30/12 got call to pick up permit
11/1/2012 picked up

total time 5months

once u finish livescan as you can tell is the longest wait (local background check)i should of did what other members did and take training even w/o them saying to, because if your sure your good, then do the training. Then when they call to do you training you can already say its done and turn it in next day and this should further streamline your process but even when i did training when they told me to, it was still fast so you can do either or do training while waiting or after

bornluky
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey Guys
I'm brand spankin new to this web site. I have been putting off my application for CCW here in solano county because of my good cause letter. It seems some of you dont mind reviewing ones reasons so could someone give some feedback on mine.

JimSar
11-06-2012, 7:04 AM
Hey Guys
I'm brand spankin new to this web site. I have been putting off my application for CCW here in solano county because of my good cause letter. It seems some of you dont mind reviewing ones reasons so could someone give some feedback on mine.

One common thread here is that everyone is very helpful in this regard. Feel free to PM me your GCC, I'll be happy to give you my dos centavos.

sar_man
11-06-2012, 7:35 AM
Also if you have not already go to http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative/136-solano.html and download the Known Accepted Good Cause Statements. Those are the good cause statments that have been used successfully to get a CCW in Solano County

JimSar
11-06-2012, 8:48 AM
Also if you have not already go to http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative/136-solano.html and download the Known Accepted Good Cause Statements. Those are the good cause statments that have been used successfully to get a CCW in Solano County

Good idea, sar_man. It's always good to see what has been approved. They're heavily redacted, though, to protect the privacy/identity of applicants.

Steyrlp10
11-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Glad to see all of you are doing well or have finished with the process -- congrats! :)

JimSar
11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey Guys

I had a chance to look at your statement, and bottom line, the good cause that you stated is "self defense". Philosophically, does the sheriff agree with this as a valid reason? If he does, this is a great victory for the cause.

Before you submit it, I'd like to hear from others first, especially those who have fighting the fight.
-Jim

Forewarned
11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
I said self defense and took little parts of other peoples known good cause that applied to me. Mostly economy related stuff.

audiododd
11-07-2012, 9:05 PM
I spoke to my wife's disability and then moved on to desperation with the economy and the shrinking budgets and the fact that even with rapid response times, they may not be fast enough. Then I mentioned my training and the fact that I have held CCWs in other states and the responsibility it entails.

If you want, I can send you a copy of mine (personally redacted, of course).

Steyrlp10
11-09-2012, 9:43 AM
Calgunners, Dave has kindly asked me to share this positive news with you:

"This morning I spoke with Sheriff Tom Ferrara and he asked me to get the word out about his position on CCW's. Because you have strong ties to both Calguns (Solano) and CRPA I thought you could help get the information out. Below is a synopses of my meeting.

I thought I would pass along the very good news concerning Solano County CCW's. This morning I had a sit down with Sheriff Tom Ferrara and we spoke about CCW's. His view on issuing is consistent with that of former Sheriff Stanton. The Sheriff Ferrara's first goal is to speed the process up. He is going to assign processing CCW's to someone as their full-time responsibility. He expects to have her in place within the next 60 days at the latest. There will be a slight slow down in the issuing as Kelly gets organized, but once she understands the process things will quickly speed up."

In other words, please don't give up and remember that everyone is trying to help with this process :)

CriticallyStressed
11-09-2012, 9:47 AM
Glad to hear the news.

gant
11-09-2012, 8:59 PM
nice!!

do you guys know what form i use to add a firearm to my ccw?

Racefiend
11-16-2012, 2:18 PM
nice!!

do you guys know what form i use to add a firearm to my ccw?

Why don't you call Catherine and ask her? I'm sure she'll answer your question.

builter
11-20-2012, 5:28 AM
Iíve spent several days reading the links this web site and working on my own GC reason.

My reasons for a CCW request is that my wife and I have physical health conditions and may not be able to defend ourselves or run away. The other reason is to protect my firearms when transporting them to the gun range.

I'm going to include both reasons in my GC, but do you think I a chance of being accepted?

FYI, I spent several days reading the GC links on this site, but not sure if I understand the minimum requirement to get a CCW.

Thanks for your feedback?

AlanMcCorkle
11-20-2012, 2:43 PM
Fairfield resident here...just submitted my application today and will report back progress as things proceed. Scheduled for Dave's class on Saturday.

Steyrlp10
11-20-2012, 2:54 PM
Fairfield resident here...just submitted my application today and will report back progress as things proceed. Scheduled for Dave's class on Saturday.

Congrats -- please let Dave know that I said "hi" :)

AlanMcCorkle
11-20-2012, 3:05 PM
Question...does anyone have experience with submitting a non-roster pistol with SSE ie. SA XD(m) for their concealed carry weapon on the application?

tonyxcom
11-21-2012, 9:02 AM
Question...does anyone have experience with submitting a non-roster pistol with SSE ie. SA XD(m) for their concealed carry weapon on the application?

Honey badger don't care.

JimSar
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Honey badger don't care.

Too funny. Tony! I don't think this will ever get old.

4r7wHMg5Yjg *

racky
11-22-2012, 6:35 PM
hey i just got a call to proceed to training WOOT!!! (5 months later). i know the ccw only allows for 3 guns, but i remember reading somewhere that solano only alows 2. is that correct?

sar_man
11-22-2012, 6:51 PM
Correct. Currently the SO only allows 2 guns.

AlanMcCorkle
11-26-2012, 8:43 AM
Honey badger...good stuff.

AlanMcCorkle
11-28-2012, 9:08 AM

Just received email from Catharine. Application has been reviewed and I'm off to Livescan.

SFCRoOKs
11-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Received the Greenlight to get my LiveScan

AlanMcCorkle
11-29-2012, 9:07 AM
Just received email from Catharine. Application has been reviewed and I'm off to Livescan.

Livescan complete. Let the waiting begin.

SFCRoOKs
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Livescan complete

FishNFool
11-30-2012, 1:21 PM
Why don't you call Catherine and ask her? I'm sure she'll answer your question.

i dont think hes from AM canyon becuase thats napa county and napa isnt giving any ccws out

Napa Co Sherrif does issue LTC to average folks. Happy to help any Napa Co folks who need assistance. I've had mine for almost 4 years and helped 4 others get thiers in the last year. I have heard of issues with the city issuing, but everyone I know in Napa co who has appiled got thier LTC.
Very glad to hear Solano is continuing to issue and it seems they have speeded up the process. Good news that the interim Sherrif will continue to issue.

AlanMcCorkle
11-30-2012, 2:10 PM
Have you completed training yet? I was signed up for November but had to reschedule for December. Figured I would get it out of the way before they tell me to proceed.

SFCRoOKs
11-30-2012, 2:12 PM
I plan on qualifying late december

evol ways
12-13-2012, 10:02 AM
I am wanting to apply for my CCW but was wanting to maybe get some legal guidance from maybe a CGF foundation member in the bay area. I would like to make sure I fill the form out properly. PM me please if any one can help me out thanks.

Purple K
12-14-2012, 2:34 PM
My first renewal is complete! A very pleasant experience. Solano SO now has a very pleasant woman named Kelly handling Carry Permits, Catherine can now focus on her job once again.

Purple K
12-14-2012, 2:43 PM
Holly I-phone!!!

sar_man
12-14-2012, 3:06 PM
She spells her name Kellie.

gant
12-15-2012, 7:48 AM
Whats process time of renewal? Do they need u to list a gc again?

JimSar
12-15-2012, 10:48 AM
My first renewal is complete! A very pleasant experience. Solano SO now has a very pleasant woman named Kelly handling Carry Permits, Catherine can now focus on her job once again.

Good to know that, mine is due for renewal in May. Thanks for the info.

Neptune
12-17-2012, 2:31 AM
Purple K, would you mind giving us a quick review of the renewal process?

How early should you turn you paperwork in prior to your expiration date to prevent gaps in your ability to carry?

Any training requirements / range recert?

How much paperwork, and of what type?

Turn around time?

Overall cost?

That kind of stuff. I'm sure there are a lot of folks who are wondering how the process works and I haven't seen it documented anywhere. Thanks...

__

Oshiat
12-22-2012, 2:44 PM
Holly I-phone!!!

Post whore :)

Purple K
12-23-2012, 5:12 PM
Post whore :)

Somehow the previous post was duplicated four times... Oops

HowardW56
12-23-2012, 5:18 PM
Somehow the previous post was duplicated four times... Oops

Yea sure.... ;)

cdtx2001
12-26-2012, 4:05 AM
So I had a chat with a 20yr Solano county sheriff's deputy the other day. I asked him about LTCs and he said that I should go for it. No felonies or other prohibiting convictions are on my record. I was at work at the time of the conversation, he said that since I work odd hours and in remote locations would be enough for me to get a license. I'll be going through the GCSs later this evening to get an idea of what I need to put on mine.

sar_man
12-26-2012, 8:16 AM
So I had a chat with a 20yr Solano county sheriff's deputy the other day. I asked him about LTCs and he said that I should go for it. No felonies or other prohibiting convictions are on my record. I was at work at the time of the conversation, he said that since I work odd hours and in remote locations would be enough for me to get a license. I'll be going through the GCSs later this evening to get an idea of what I need to put on mine.

There are a couple of GCSs that address working in remote areas specifically radio repeaters sites.

BeniciaHD
12-26-2012, 2:18 PM
I'm interested in applying for a CCW permit. I did get a Wet Reckless/DUI in 1998. Is the DUI an automatic refusal regardless of date? If not, would anyone be interested in reviewing my cause letter? Thank you all.

gant
12-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Ouch dui probably won't let u get it imo

JayTee_IsMe
12-28-2012, 4:53 AM
Anyone know if I can apply for a solano ccw while being a sac county holder? In a sense I have dual residency cause I rent a room in solano where I work to avoid commute gas mileage. Would they send red flags to sac county?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sar_man
12-28-2012, 6:32 AM
First question would be is why? Your permit is good anywhere in CA.

JayTee_IsMe
12-28-2012, 6:33 PM
First question would be is why? Your permit is good anywhere in CA.

I ask because I plan on moving to solano only if Im sure I can get my ccw and just maintain one residence. Im not the biggest fan of being away from my family for days at a time for work.

So im only wondering if I applied and stated that I posses a permit in sac co would i get hemmed up on the dual residence thing or would they process my app and leave my sac be and when I get approved I can begin the move and let sac sherrif dept know I moved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

cdtx2001
12-29-2012, 7:31 AM
So once I get my GC statement drafted, who should I send it to for review before I submit it to the SO?

epcii
01-13-2013, 8:07 PM
Been kinda quiet here lately. How's it going with Solano LTC issuance? Thinking about reapplying after being denied for insufficient cause in '11.

SFCRoOKs
01-13-2013, 8:47 PM
waiting on my LiveScan results and to turn in my targets

CAStyle
01-14-2013, 8:14 AM
Brand new to the site and just applied for my CCW permit on Friday the 11th. I really appreciated the GCS's available here. They gave me some good idea for my own. So, I thought I join up and say a big thank you to everyone who contributes to that.

Thanks.

Forewarned
01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Been kinda quiet here lately. How's it going with Solano LTC issuance? Thinking about reapplying after being denied for insufficient cause in '11.

I'm still in background, I was livescaned back on 10-22-12.

Mickey D
01-22-2013, 8:14 PM

Congratulations.
Mine's due for renewal this June. What's involved?

Purple K
01-26-2013, 4:08 AM
Give them a month to process your renewal. There's no LiveScan. The renewal form is much shorter than the initial application and is now downloadable from the Sheriffs website. The renewal class is short and sweet. You will have to requalify with your weapon.

TooPogi
01-27-2013, 7:47 AM
Hi, new to the community. Submitted ccw application a couple weeks ago. Just received letter to proceed to Livescan. Do you folks think it is too early to sign up for training?

cdtx2001
01-30-2013, 8:58 AM
Got my live scan done.

CriticallyStressed
01-30-2013, 4:35 PM
Hi, new to the community. Submitted ccw application a couple weeks ago. Just received letter to proceed to Livescan. Do you folks think it is too early to sign up for training?

No, you should be good to go (unless you know there is some disqualifying event in your background). You might as well get it out of the way while you're waiting those long weeks for the call to proceed.

spyhawk
01-31-2013, 3:15 AM
I heard a couple guys here will review good cause statements...who can I email for that? Thanks for the help!

AlanMcCorkle
01-31-2013, 3:32 PM
Day 72: Finally completed training with Dave Adams (excellent!) on 1/26 and submitted documentation to the county. Back to waiting...

Forewarned
02-01-2013, 8:55 AM
I'm on day 103 of Background, add another month for the time it took to get my app accepted. Still waiting...

Purple K
02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm on day 103 of Background, add another month for the time it took to get my app accepted. Still waiting...

The delay is usually due to waiting for responses from other LEA's in jurisdictions where you once lived or worked. The other agencies are often understaffed and the requests are a low priority.

Forewarned
02-12-2013, 4:21 PM
I got my denial letter today (past criminal record). I did a livescan on myself and disclosed everything that was on it in my application. Anything I can do?

gant
02-12-2013, 5:42 PM
chances are no sorry man

Forewarned
02-12-2013, 6:50 PM
Well they should have denied my application first thing. I disclosed everything and they made me pay for livescan just to confirm I was telling the truth.

SFCRoOKs
02-12-2013, 8:01 PM
Well they should have denied my application first thing. I disclosed everything and they made me pay for livescan just to confirm I was telling the truth.

Yea that would have saved you time,money and anticipation on getting a ltc

tonyxcom
02-13-2013, 4:13 PM

You think its possible that something else showed up during the background check that wasn't included in the livescan that you saw?

As an FYI for everyone else, how many years prior were your offenses? Misdemeanor or Felony?

audiododd
02-13-2013, 4:39 PM
Whew...got my acceptance LETTER today. I though that the SO called you, so I got a little nervous when I got a letter in the mail. It must be their new SOP. Now it's on to training. I should have done the training earlier, but with work, life, doctor's appointments, etc. it snuck up on me. So far, the timeline has been:

8/24/12 - Dropped off initial application
9/10/12 - Notified to proceed to livescan
9/12/12 - Livescan completed
2/13/13 - Approved to proceed to training

This should be the quick part.

Forewarned
02-13-2013, 6:14 PM
You think its possible that something else showed up during the background check that wasn't included in the livescan that you saw?

As an FYI for everyone else, how many years prior were your offenses? Misdemeanor or Felony?

Most of the stuff was 20 years ago. One felony and a couple of dumb misdemeanors I was 18 at the time. Things like spinning donuts and I wondered onto private property one time while wheeling my Jeep. The owner got pissed I was tearing up his land and I got ticketed for trespassing. All but the donuts have been expunged.

AlanMcCorkle
02-15-2013, 2:18 PM
Day 92: Just received 'the call' from the Sheriff's office and my license has been approved. The final step is an appointment for photograph, thumb print and to sign for the license which will be sometime next week after the long weekend. Based on others' experiences I'd say this is pretty quick.

AlanMcCorkle
02-15-2013, 2:21 PM
I submitted my application on November 20th so it has been exactly 87 days from start to approval. Just a few more days next week and good to go.

Day 92: Just received 'the call' from the Sheriff's office and my license has been approved. The final step is an appointment for photograph, thumb print and to sign for the license which will be sometime next week after the long weekend. Based on others' experiences I'd say this is pretty quick.