PDA

View Full Version : San Joaquin - *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

sanjosebmx
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I know chief Bull was pretty good about handing out ccw's. He retired though. Who is the new police chief? Or is it still a fill in?
Hope it goes good for you.

I don't know, but there was a resident there picking up their renewal so apparently they are still issuing them... love the PD in Ripon...

wildhawker
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Nope. Just another comment, like 80%-90% of all the other posts in this thread. I'm done asking questions, because I never get the answers I'm looking for. I'm not angry with you personally, just the whole situation. It's frustrating to not know any more than I did when I received my denial letter almost a year ago. I'll get off my petulant little soapbox now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I've been in contact with the County and I have reason to believe that if some developments don't materialize within the next month or so, then it is purely the Sheriff stonewalling. We'll take steps from there.

To set expectations, it's my belief [based on available facts] that the Sheriff is not interested in issuing for self-defense. As I've previously mentioned, our Scocca case will bear directly on how the Sheriff modifies his policies with respect to the application of discretion [as will Richards].

-Brandon

CL&RR
02-17-2012, 8:45 AM
are we hinting at a McGinness type smack down?;)

HowardW56
02-18-2012, 1:19 PM
San Joaquin County CCW Policy, Good Cause statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/127-san-joaquin)

dcguillory
02-18-2012, 7:22 PM
Looks like a bunch a regular joe's got ccw's . . . . . .

ArcherDog
02-18-2012, 8:26 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say I've been following this thread. I live in Tracy, and recently purchased an FNP-9 for home defense. I was curious about getting a CCW and was disappointed to see the current climate with the sheriff here. Hoping that the situation improves and I will gladly join the others in applying.

HowardW56
02-18-2012, 8:36 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say I've been following this thread. I live in Tracy, and recently purchased an FNP-9 for home defense. I was curious about getting a CCW and was disappointed to see the current climate with the sheriff here. Hoping that the situation improves and I will gladly join the others in applying.

Go Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/get-involved/ltcvolunteer.html) and sign up ...

ArcherDog
02-18-2012, 8:46 PM
Go Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/get-involved/ltcvolunteer.html) and sign up ...

All done! Be happy to help if I can.

Falstaff
02-22-2012, 6:47 PM
Until the Sheriffs are insulated from the political leverage implications of issuing CC licenses they simply aren't going to stick their necks out. Imagine if the Sheriff issues a CCW to someone who, although legal, goes out and does something stupid. The press and or his opponent gets wind of it and proceeds to shout to the rooftops "look who the Sheriff gave a concealed weapons permit to!" "I would NEVER do that!!"... The decision to issue or has to be taken from the Sheriff and he must be forced to issue to anyone who meets the basic criteria so he doesnt have to take the political risk involved in issuing to every Tom Dick and Harry...

HowardW56
02-22-2012, 8:08 PM
Until the Sheriffs are insulated from the political leverage implications of issuing CC licenses they simply aren't going to stick their necks out. Imagine if the Sheriff issues a CCW to someone who, although legal, goes out and does something stupid. The press and or his opponent gets wind of it and proceeds to shout to the rooftops "look who the Sheriff gave a concealed weapons permit to!" "I would NEVER do that!!"... The decision to issue or has to be taken from the Sheriff and he must be forced to issue to anyone who meets the basic criteria so he doesnt have to take the political risk involved in issuing to every Tom Dick and Harry...

It can now be pointed out how the sheriff panders to contributors, buddies, fundraisers, and the well connected by issuing permits....

DRAB_81
02-23-2012, 2:45 PM

Unless, like in Sacramento and Stanislaus Counties, a NEW Sheriff is elected while promising to issue LTC's to pretty much anyone that can legally own a handgun...

Yes, I'm sure there would be "political" consequences IF an LTC'er made a mistake. However, there will also most likely be political consequences if a denied applicant/applicant's family were to be killed or injured, as a result of being denied that "license" to protect themselves.

Isn't it awesome to be completely surrounded by virtual shall issue counties? The leaders of our little anti-LTC island are so much smarter than everyone else...

Falstaff
02-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm hearing that we might see the requested public records within the next 15-30 days.

-Brandon

The Stockton city manager (Bob Dice) was just issued his CHL, wonder what his good cause statement was... (police harassment?? LOL :))

(rumor has it he got it fastracked and received his in record time...) SInce good cause statements are supposed to be public record, how could a citizen go about getting that info released?

HowardW56
02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
The Stockton city manager (Bob Dice) was just issued his CHL, wonder what his good cause statement was... (police harassment?? LOL :))

(rumor has it he got it fastracked and received his in record time...) SInce good cause statements are supposed to be public record, how could a citizen go about getting that info released?

City Manager.... I'm sure it took 2 - 3 HOURS!

Window_Seat
02-25-2012, 1:27 PM

Hmmmmm... I sure do enjoy saying things like "be careful what you wish for"... :shifty:

Erik.

wilit
02-25-2012, 2:30 PM

Obviously, that is how politics works, but really, it's no different than if the DMV issues a license to some 80 year old person and they run down a bunch of school kids. Neither the DMV or the Sheriff are responsible for the actions of those individuals. Sadly, when firearms are involved, people throw all logic out the window.

greasemonkey
02-25-2012, 3:02 PM
Saw the San Joaquin Co. Sheriff in the Almond Blossom Parade today; I wish I would've had a CGF 'year in review' letter or tri-fold to hand him :)

Falstaff
02-25-2012, 4:43 PM
Hmmmmm... I sure do enjoy saying things like "be careful what you wish for"... :shifty:

Erik.
I'm not quite following you there, can you elaborate?

I just wonder if he put in his good cause statement anything about Stockton PD's union/POA buying the house next door to him.... When they did it, he screamed loudly that it was intimidation by the police union (whose salaries he was subsequently instrumental in slashing by 30%...)

Next he closed Stockton PD's North station and the wonderful citizens of Stockton have begun stripping the building!!! I s*** you not, but you won't read about this in the paper!, the police closed their fairly large north PD and it was promptly burglarized! The first thing they got was a giant commercial air compressor for the motor pool that was bolted down to the concrete-pffft GONE!

Heatseeker
02-26-2012, 8:05 AM
Looks like a bunch a regular joe's got ccw's . . . . . .
Not this regular Joe...

I have given up all hope of being granted a LTC until Sheriff Moore receives a serious legal smackdown.

Or, maybe I can come into some money and contribute serious $$$ to his reelection campaign. That seems to work for some...

harbinger007
02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
I s*** you not, but you won't read about this in the paper!, the police closed their fairly large north PD and it was promptly burglarized! The first thing they got was a giant commercial air compressor for the motor pool that was bolted down to the concrete-pffft GONE!

OT, I realize, but I've also been surprised that I haven't heard it brought out that Bob Deis was fired (contract terminated) in Sonoma County because of the poor job he was doing. He was pretty much hated by the vast majority of employees there so I suspect he doesn't find much love among Stockton employees either.

wildhawker
02-26-2012, 3:54 PM
Let me go on the record as having the opinion that Sheriff Moore will not issue to all non-prohibited persons (e.g. self-defense as sufficient good cause) until [at least] the Ninth Circuit holds such to be required under Constitutional analysis. I do believe that San Joaquin County issuance can be improved [to some degree or another] using other avenues in the meantime.

-Brandon

Sunday
02-26-2012, 4:23 PM
Cause I want to conceal carry?

Sunday
02-26-2012, 4:29 PM
OT, I realize, but I've also been surprised that I haven't heard it brought out that Bob Deis was fired (contract terminated) in Sonoma County because of the poor job he was doing. He was pretty much hated by the vast majority of employees there so I suspect he doesn't find much love among Stockton employees either.Is DEIS the new Stockton Sheriff? Amazing how the government people are moved around to different places with out thought or accountability on the quality of work they do!

Falstaff
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Let me go on the record as having the opinion that Sheriff Moore will not issue to all non-prohibited persons (e.g. self-defense as sufficient good cause) until [at least] the Ninth Circuit holds such to be required under Constitutional analysis. I do believe that San Joaquin County issuance can be improved [to some degree or another] using other avenues in the meantime.

-Brandon
There'll be snowballs in hell before the 9th circle jerk of banana peals approves anything pro 2nd amendment. So what I think the takeaway is, UNless you're a 5 figure plus donater to moore or a wealthy rancher/Farmer (judging by the approved applications so far) or a globalist city manager/carpet bagger you ain't gettin' no CCW permits suckas...

wildhawker
02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
There'll be snowballs in hell before the 9th circle jerk of banana peals approves anything pro 2nd amendment. So what Brandon's saying is, UNless you're a 5 figure plus donater to moore or a wealthy rancher/Farmer (judging by the approved applications so far) or a globalist city manager/carpet bagger you ain't gettin' no CCW permits suckas...

I don't agree with this nor is it what I meant by my previous comments.

-Brandon

Falstaff
02-28-2012, 2:27 PM
edited to reflect the above

Of the 44 members of the 9th circle jerk, most were appointed by democrat presidents (25)
and 7 by Bush, The Younger whose support of the 2nd amendment can be described, at best as "lukewarm". Just playing the odds, I think it's extremely unlikely you'll see many of them warming up to any case that would promote shall issue in blue states.

Falstaff
02-28-2012, 2:27 PM
dupe

FatCity67
03-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Just to reiterate. You want to see CCW's in SJ. Get rid of Moore. The election is not as far away as you think.

In 2006 The Deputy Sheriff's union endorsed Lobenburg with a $35,000 donation. In 2010 they didn't endorse anyone.

He is not unbeatable but very popular with the power elite in SJC

Even McGuinness endorsed him.

ArcherDog
03-02-2012, 1:18 PM
Just to reiterate. You want to see CCW's in SJ. Get rid of Moore. The election is not as far away as you think.

In 2006 The Deputy Sheriff's union endorsed Lobenburg with a $35,000 donation. In 2010 they didn't endorse anyone.

He is not unbeatable but very popular with the power elite in SJC

Even McGuinness endorsed him.

I agree on one hand it's not too far away. But as we've seen in the past, what guarantee will there be that a viable pro-2 candidate presents himself? As shown, even a candidate endorsed by the NRA and promising to uphold 2a rights isn't a sure thing.

TrackerStan
03-05-2012, 2:44 PM
At least something good has just happened in the very liberal state of Maryland; a Federal Judge has ruled that Maryland's handgun permit law is unconstitutional in an opinion saying requirement to show 'good and substantial reason' to carry handgun infringes on right to bear arms. It doesn't mean much for Cali, but it's encouraging.

FatCity67
03-09-2012, 10:41 AM
I agree on one hand it's not too far away. But as we've seen in the past, what guarantee will there be that a viable pro-2 candidate presents himself? As shown, even a candidate endorsed by the NRA and promising to uphold 2a rights isn't a sure thing.

You don't. However you can decide to get involved in the process as it gears up for the next election. This will allow you to get to know the potential contenders for the Sheriff position.

Example here is someone who has started the process to become a challenger to Moore in 2014, assuming Moore decides to run again.

I don't know anything about him, yet.

But again 2014 and the campaign is not that far away. Getting informed is the first step.

http://withrowforsheriff.com/

ArcherDog
03-09-2012, 8:12 PM
Example here is someone who has started the process to become a challenger to Moore in 2014, assuming Moore decides to run again.

I don't anything about him, yet.

But again 2014 and the campaign is not that far away. Getting informed is the first step.

http://withrowforsheriff.com/

His website is suspiciously silent on 2a issues. "involve the thousands of San Joaquin County constituents in addressing their concerns" could be good or bad for us depending who bends his ear (and bank account) first.

RANGER295
03-10-2012, 6:21 AM
His website is suspiciously silent on 2a issues. "involve the thousands of San Joaquin County constituents in addressing their concerns" could be good or bad for us depending who bends his ear (and bank account) first.
I have contacted him asking his stance. I will share his response.

ArcherDog
03-10-2012, 8:28 AM
I have contacted him asking his stance. I will share his response.

I sent him an email as well. Maybe we can get him on our side early.

blown57due
03-11-2012, 3:24 PM
Here is the reply to my E-Mail to Patrick Withrow 2014 Sheriff candidate.
, thank you for contacting me and for your interest in my campaign. I am keenly aware of Sheriff Moore's stance on CCW's and the controversy it has caused in our county. My stance on CCW's is a simple one; unless there is something that prohibits an individual from owning or possessing a firearm, and that individual is a resident of San Joaquin County, then he or she should have equal access to acquiring a Concealed Weapons Permit. Having spent the last 25 years of my life protecting the citizens of San Joaquin County and in that time having been in several shootings myself, I know how violent crime is escalating in our community. I believe that every law-abiding citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and there family when needed and together we can take back our streets from gangs, violence and those who wish to do us harm.

The simple answer is: If your eligable.... You get it.

greasemonkey
03-11-2012, 5:53 PM
Here is the reply to my E-Mail to Patrick Withrow 2014 Sheriff candidate.
, thank you for contacting me and for your interest in my campaign. I am keenly aware of Sheriff Moore's stance on CCW's and the controversy it has caused in our county. My stance on CCW's is a simple one; unless there is something that prohibits an individual from owning or possessing a firearm, and that individual is a resident of San Joaquin County, then he or she should have equal access to acquiring a Concealed Weapons Permit. Having spent the last 25 years of my life protecting the citizens of San Joaquin County and in that time having been in several shootings myself, I know how violent crime is escalating in our community. I believe that every law-abiding citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and there family when needed and together we can take back our streets from gangs, violence and those who wish to do us harm.

The simple answer is: If your eligable.... You get it.
I so enjoy how this candidate's response is becoming more of a reality and less of a 'crazy/radical' idea in California. Times are changing and it's certainly fun to be part of it :D

ArcherDog
03-11-2012, 6:37 PM
I received a response from candidate Withrow and it seems to be a C&P.

Here's what I wrote:

I found your website regarding your candidacy for San Joaquin County sheriff. I am a resident of Tracy and would like to support your campaign against Sheriff Moore. As you might know, although Sheriff Moore ran on an NRA-sponsored and Pro-2A platform, he has essentially refused to acknowledge our county's citizens the right to receive a permit to legally carry a firearm. As a law-abiding citizen concerned with safety of myself and my family, my support and full efforts to campaign will be provided to the candidate willing to acknowledge our right to bear arms. As you might know, recent rulings have placed the responsibility for LTC/CCW squarely on the shoulders of County Sheriffs. Some sheriffs, such as Sheriff Christianson in Stanislaus and Sheriff Jones in Sacramento have realized the positive aspects of becoming "shall issue" counties and have reaped the benefits from an outpouring of law-abiding gun owners seeking to receive their carry permits. Please let me know where you stand on this issue and, additionally, whether you might be aware of the efforts by the Calguns Foundation to make the entire state a "virtual shall issue" state for LTC's.

Ian Lindsay

Tracy, CA

And here is Candidate Withrow's response

Mr. Lindsay, thank you for contacting me and for your interest in my campaign. I am keenly aware of Sheriff Moore's stance on CCW's and the controversy it has caused in our county. My stance on CCW's is a simple one, unless there is something that prohibits an individual from owning or possessing a firearm, and that individual is a resident of San Joaquin County, then he or she should have equal access to acquiring a Concealed Weapons Permit. Having spent the last 25 years of my life protecting the citizens of San Joaquin County and in that time having been in several shootings myself, I know how violent crime is escalating in our community. I believe that every law-abiding citizen should have the ability to protect themselves and there family when needed and together we can take back our streets from gangs, violence and those who wish to do us harm.

In answer to your second question, I know a little about the Calguns Foundation and the current law suits making there way though the court systems but I would be miss-leading you if i were to say I was well versed on the organization.

I want to thank you again for your interest in my campaign and I hope I can count on your support in my effort to make our community a safer place to raise our families and live our lives.

A refreshing stance, sounds like he's put some thought into his position. I'd be happy to see how we can possibly volunteer and spread his name around as the candidate of choice for 2014.

RANGER295
03-11-2012, 7:18 PM
I took a different approach in my questions for him. I worded them in a more or less neutral way so that it would not be clear which side of the issue my concern was stemming from.

His response was worded differently than the response he sent you, but it was just as reassuring. Granted, Moore sounded good to us at this point, but this guy looks promising.

ArcherDog
03-11-2012, 8:10 PM
I took a different approach in my questions for him. I worded them in a more or less neutral way so that it would not be clear which side of the issue my concern was stemming from.

His response was worded differently than the response he sent you, but it was just as reassuring. Granted, Moore sounded good to us at this point, but this guy looks promising.

Yeah my question was more straightforward and unabashed. I'm not too concerned about any of the Sheriff candidates being for more cops on the street, law and order, etc. This, to me, is really the only issue that sets the candidates apart and I won't beat around the bush to get the answer.

There's a possibility candidate Withrow will change his stance, but hopefully we can rally the troops behind him and let him know that 2A rights are important to his constituents, i.e. the people willing to do the hard work to get him into office.

FatCity67
03-12-2012, 8:19 AM
A meet and greet would be interesting. Also a potential visit to a Calguns event.

Those responses appear worded from a campaign volunteer that was carefully crafted to skirt outright support for a full on shall issue policy.

It's obvious they have been getting contact from advocacy groups like ours.

Smart but "wishy-washy"

Interesting to see if any more candidates pop out of the wood work.

Whacked
03-13-2012, 8:40 PM
So, after reading all this I think I have the jist of the chances of getting a CCW:
Hell will freeze over first

Which leads us to a few options:
1) Hope the sheriff doesnt re-run for office and
1a) Hope the new sheriff is shall-issue
2) move out of san joaquin county
3) move out of california

and I understand there is something happening in the courts. what exactly, apparently its hush-hush (maybe its said elsewhere, I havent real all the threads in the last year-ish ive been lurking) with nothing to say on its status. stalled out? thrown out? waiting for new court date? does it really exist?

frustrating to say the least. cant imagine how it feels to those that applied at the beginning of this thread, was denied, then never heard anything else

hope i'm wrong on all this. hope that I missed something somewhere

Whacked
03-13-2012, 8:40 PM
So, after reading all this I think I have the jist of the chances of getting a CCW:

and I understand there is something happening in the courts. what exactly, apparently its hush-hush (maybe its said elsewhere, I havent real all the threads in the last year-ish ive been lurking) with nothing to say on its status. stalled out? thrown out? waiting for new court date? does it really exist?

frustrating to say the least. cant imagine how it feels to those that applied at the beginning of this thread, was denied, then never heard anything else

dcguillory
03-13-2012, 9:27 PM
Thankfully, you are wrong. CGF is doin big "public" things. If you feel left in the dark I would have to guess its either because you have not yet put your money where your mouth is and contributed to CGF, which will get on thier mailing list and keep you more up to date. Or, your having a difficult time with CGF addressing the problem on a statewide level which can be mighty slow on a county to county basis. Lemme tell ya! CGF is the best and only group to actually get anything done.

I, for one, will continue to wait impatiently but without complaining.

Sorry about grammer and such, typing my phone.

wildhawker
03-13-2012, 9:43 PM
Thank you for the support, dcguillory.

To sign up for our 2A RKBA, carry license, and related news, just swing over here (http://eepurl.com/hU6sY) and feed the mail monkey.

Also, note that our 2A "shall issue" carry case (Richards v. Prieto (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Richards_v._Prieto)) is at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and fully briefed; it is stayed pending the resolution of Nordyke v. King.

-Brandon

FatCity67
03-14-2012, 8:18 AM

So are you on the team or are you going to sit on the sidelines and complain?

Can you list the things that you have done to advance this cause?

Donate money to the CCW sunshine and compliance initiative in SJC?
Is your name one of the eight that have donated in SJC?
Communicate to your Local, State and Federal Representatives?

http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative/127-san-joaquin.html

If you have done any or all of the items I listed above, good job and thanks.

If not................

JasonB
04-16-2012, 12:16 AM
One month bump, any updates?

Sanchanim
04-25-2012, 9:11 PM
I was considering applying for a CCW. I live in Tracy. I am not sure if I go to the Sheriff or local PD. Both have information but Tracy actually has more information on their web site regarding the process.
Not sure how the current Sheriff is working out I have heard many denials but any feed back would be good.

Sanchanim
04-25-2012, 9:11 PM
I was considering applying for a CCW. I live in Tracy. I am not sure if I go to the Sheriff or local PD. Both have information but Tracy actually has more information on their web site regarding the process.
Not sure how the current Sheriff is working out I have heard many denials but any feed back would be good.

CpuFixrMan
04-30-2012, 8:40 AM
So are you on the team or are you going to sit on the sidelines and complain?

Can you list the things that you have done to advance this cause?

Donate money to the CCW sunshine and compliance initiative in SJC?
Is your name one of the eight that have donated in SJC?
Communicate to your Local, State and Federal Representatives?

http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative/127-san-joaquin.html

If you have done any or all of the items I listed above, good job and thanks.

If not................

Yes, yes and yes. Even still, one can't help but be impatient when there is little, to no, new information that will spirit the troops. I understand this is a waiting game, and knew it wasn't going to happen overnight, but when you start to hear crickets... you start to wonder.

Heatseeker
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes, yes and yes. Even still, one can't help but be impatient when there is little, to no, new information that will spirit the troops. I understand this is a waiting game, and knew it wasn't going to happen overnight, but when you start to hear crickets... you start to wonder.

^+1^. Definitely an exercise in patience.

fw10ring
05-05-2012, 5:46 AM
Just donated. I'm patient and hopeful. I've got kids who might benefit from this someday too.

vmcdonnell
05-10-2012, 9:39 AM
I just plowed through the 14 pages of updates and bad news. I have a feeling I'll just have to wait until we move a bit east next year out to Calaveras Co. to get a CCW for myself. At least it'll be sooner than the next Sheriff election, but still, this is ridiculous.

NationsMostWanted
05-12-2012, 9:06 PM
So did the law changed recently in Fresno county?

Sebass
05-13-2012, 11:54 AM
So did the law changed recently in Fresno county?

No, but here's the Fresno County specific thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352747

And a more recent thread about Fresno County in the LTC forum

here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=522104

oldwilly51
05-30-2012, 7:36 AM
I just tried to view San Joaquin Co's Known Accepted Good Cause Statements on the Calguns Foundation website and only got the cover page, no statements. Is it just me or is there a problem with the download?

Also any updates on the LTC issue here in San Joaquin Co?

gregm784
05-31-2012, 9:51 AM
Heard a great news piece last night. Stockton, CA is whining because of the rash of young people committing crimes against people in the city of Stockton, and their financial inability to police the city. The police chief was on the news asking for the publics help in this matter. Perhaps, just maybe, you should allow more CCW permits to the legal, law abiding citizens.

oldwilly51
05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Heard a great news piece last night. Stockton, CA is whining because of the rash of young people committing crimes against people in the city of Stockton, and their financial inability to police the city. The police chief was on the news asking for the publics help in this matter. Perhaps, just maybe, you should allow more CCW permits to the legal, law abiding citizens.

It is bad not only in Stockton and San Joaquin Co, but all up and down Ca. Sure wish all Sheriffs would allow law abiding citizens to have the means to defend themselves against violent criminals. I can't understand it.

Jedi
05-31-2012, 7:59 PM

Have you, or anyone in Stockton, contacted Chief Eric Jones to discuss LTC since he became Chief in March?

gregm784
05-31-2012, 8:44 PM
I do not live in that county.

greasemonkey
05-31-2012, 8:53 PM
Now is a good time to get the local community involved and in contact with the Police Chief and let him know where y'all stand on LTC issuance re: crime. Otherwise you're looking at another press release really soon about how the PD is going to be starting a Citizens on Patrol (http://www.fresno.gov/Government/DepartmentDirectory/Police/EmploymentandVolunteerService/CitizensPatrol/Default.htm) volunteer program or needs y'all to vote for initiative XYZ to borrow money at umpteen percent interest so the PD can have the tools they 'need' to fight crime.

hermosabeach
05-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Tagged 4 interest

biglou
06-03-2012, 8:05 AM
I just plowed through the 14 pages of updates and bad news. I have a feeling I'll just have to wait until we move a bit east next year out to Calaveras Co. to get a CCW for myself. At least it'll be sooner than the next Sheriff election, but still, this is ridiculous.

I also read all the pages and feel the same way. Very depressing. When I get my overtime on my next check I'm donating to the San Joaquin County fund. This has got to change.

mbz dr
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
is this at a dead end ? i guess this is a question to the people started this.

DRAB_81
07-06-2012, 8:33 PM

I'm obviously not one of the guys that started this, but my guess is that it will be at a dead end until election time. Even then, there's no guarantee of change. Considering all the other counties that have been sued & beaten, while absolutely nothing has improved here in SJ County, I'm guessing Moore has enough ducks in a row to keep us from getting what we want. We're basically surrounded by issuing counties (and cities, for example Galt & Ripon), and yet we've made zero headway to speak of. Taking all that into consideration, and the current fight against SB249, unfortunately there are more pressing issues than LTC's in this county. I'm not saying they're picking the wrong battles, it just is what it is.

HowardW56
07-07-2012, 7:07 AM

I wouldn't say that it is at a dead end, just that it is not on the front burner, for now...

There are more urgent issues right now SB249 (http://www.stopsb249.org/), now that Nordyke is no longer holding up cases, both the Richards & Peruta cases are coming up at the 9th Circuit; Pena v. Cyd will start moving again, Richards v. Harris...

The lawyers have their hands full...

advocatusdiaboli
07-13-2012, 4:05 AM
Also, note that our 2A "shall issue" carry case (Richards v. Prieto (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Richards_v._Prieto)) is at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and fully briefed; it is stayed pending the resolution of Nordyke v. King.

-Brandon

Is there a mailing list I can subscribe to in order to learn of the results for all the cases tied to Nordyke? Now that Nordyke is settled, those should be settled soon right? I live in San Jaoquin County (just outside of Tracy) and would like to apply for a CCW in the near future.

advocatusdiaboli
07-13-2012, 6:56 AM
I understand everyone's frustrations, and trust me, I am every bit as frustrated as the next guy. I want to assure you that San Joaquin County has not been forgotten. We will prevail, but specific strategies can not be discussed in open forum. The wheels turn slowly.

As a fellow rural San Joaquiner, I am glad to hear that. I will wait patiently and perhaps volunteer some time again.

CpuFixrMan
07-13-2012, 11:06 AM
As a fellow rural San Joaquiner, I am glad to hear that. I will wait patiently and perhaps volunteer some time again.

Just to give you some time perspective... the post you just quoted is 9 months old. "Slowly" doesn't even begin to describe this. :(

advocatusdiaboli
07-13-2012, 4:42 PM
Just to give you some time perspective... the post you just quoted is 9 months old. "Slowly" doesn't even begin to describe this. :(

I know the pain. The only easy day was yesterday...
or last week...
or last month...
or last year...
or last decade

Ah California. I've seen glaciers move faster than firearms rights progress in California.

wilit
07-13-2012, 5:02 PM

You're new enough to the forum that you don't know the agonizing pain of being told things will happen in, "two weeks." :D

advocatusdiaboli
07-13-2012, 5:07 PM
You're new enough to the forum that you don't know the agonizing pain of being told things will happen in, "two weeks." :D

Yep. Remember that workaround for hi-cap magazines?

GrizFyrFyter
07-23-2012, 9:47 PM
My wife and I are both looking into CCW. Our GC would be to protect ourselves and our family legally in urban areas as well as when we are camping, backpacking and rock climbing in remote areas. My wife also deals with large sums of money at work, though she is looking to get back into EMS. We live in Lodi.

I have read through most of the posts and went from hopeful to distressed. Makes me wish we would have stayed in Sonora, where the process really takes a couple weeks.

I don't have much $ to spare and not as much time as I would like to volunteer. I'm headed to the link to sign up, but what can I look forward to doing?

Where can I find more details about the court cases?

ArcherDog
07-25-2012, 8:02 PM
Has anyone applied recently? Thinking about doing it in the wake of Aurora. May see the same result, but I feel like I need to do something to protect my family.

advocatusdiaboli
07-26-2012, 6:43 AM
Has anyone applied recently? Thinking about doing it in the wake of Aurora. May see the same result, but I feel like I need to do something to protect my family.

It aggravating to be sure, but the last official communications seems, to me at least, to make two clear points: 1) we are at an impasse in getting CCWs approved generally and it will take either a change of Sheriff or legal action to free the process up and 2) CGF has bigger fish to fry with AB 249, Pena, and other issues and cases to spend time and money on San Joaquin right now so we need to be patient. Our neighborhood is covered by the sheriff for public safety so I don't have a city alternative to use so I'll just have to be patient.

srt4geezer
07-26-2012, 9:39 AM
Did I hear a rumor that Mateca was seeing local PD CCW approvals?

GrizFyrFyter
07-26-2012, 1:03 PM
I'm going to submit my application in about a month to Lodi PD, if they will give me one.

biglou
07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
I heard unless you are LE, Sheriff Moore won't approve you just based on your right to self defense. Also, if you state you carry large sums of cash he will want bank records. Again, not fact, just what I have learned through other people.

weekend_plinker
07-29-2012, 3:56 PM
I heard unless you are LE, Sheriff Moore won't approve you just based on your right to self defense. Also, if you state you carry large sums of cash he will want bank records. Again, not fact, just what I have learned through other people.

This correct on the large sum of cash part. While working with the AG. Dept I meet a few orchard growers around the linden, lodi area that had to bring in bank receipts and other paper work showing they carry large sums of cash. One of gentlemen I meet runs produce stands at farmers markets as well as other things. where all his business is cash

DRAB_81
07-29-2012, 7:20 PM
This correct on the large sum of cash part. While working with the AG. Dept I meet a few orchard growers around the linden, lodi area that had to bring in bank receipts and other paper work showing they carry large sums of cash. One of gentlemen I meet runs produce stands at farmers markets as well as other things. where all his business is cash

And even then, unless they have some tie with Moore, their LTC's are most likely restricted to only allow them to carry while transporting said "large sums of money".

I found out that a coworker's son was recently given an unrestricted LTC by Moore. It turns out some guy helped out a deputy that was being attacked, and the deputy basically got him an LTC for his efforts (which is backdoor, but still pretty admirable). My coworker's son works for the guy who helped the deputy, so long story short, he got a LTC too.

GlockGuy
07-31-2012, 7:07 PM
I'm going to submit my application in about a month to Lodi PD, if they will give me one.

I don't think you will have any success. A friend who has had a CCW for over 15 years, and has substancial good cause, received a letter about 6 months ago telling him it had been revoked and he had ten days to return it to the PD office. It seems letters went out to almost every CCW holder in the city of Lodi.

GrizFyrFyter
07-31-2012, 7:14 PM
I don't think you will have any success. A friend who has had a CCW for over 15 years, and has substancial good cause, received a letter about 6 months ago telling him it had been revoked and he had ten days to return it to the PD office. It seems letters went out to almost every CCW holder in the city of Lodi.

Woooow. Fingers crossed that my wife gets the job with Sac Metro Fire, if so we are gone from this place.

Sent from my Nexus 7

HowardW56
07-31-2012, 7:14 PM

Was a reason provided for revocation?

DRAB_81
08-03-2012, 6:21 AM

That is NOT good news. I was hoping that since the new Police Chief was from Stockton, he might have a different view on LTC. If he did this 6 months ago, it was one of the first things he did after taking the position.

On a side note, if they sent letters to ALL LTC holders in Lodi, they didn't have to spend too much money on stamps. Out of a population of 65,000-70,000 people, I was told there were only around 40 LTC's issued. That was according to the retired LT that was handling LTC's a couple years ago. He was a delightful man, who proceeded to verbally assault my GCS (which was good) & deny even giving me an application.

JagerTroop
08-03-2012, 6:30 AM
Lol. That would be Chet Somera, megadouche.
It's always amazed me that they didn't even want to send out the packet.
Sounds like I got further than most at LPD. At least they let me apply before they denied me. Lol.

GrizFyrFyter
08-03-2012, 7:01 AM
I will still try for an application. If denied, I will go through the hoops and escalate it to the sheriff, even if its a list cause. You can fight something with words, it takes documentation.

While I want this to protect myself and my family in these crazy cities, I really want the price of mind of not being arrested for carrying when my wife and i are backpacking, cause I'm going to carry then no matter what. There are too many tweakers out there too and NO law enforcement response worth even trying to time.

Sent from my Nexus 7

advocatusdiaboli
08-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Was a reason provided for revocation?

Apparently in California you don't need a reason to infringe on or deny a fundamental right.

DRAB_81
08-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I will still try for an application. If denied, I will go through the hoops and escalate it to the sheriff, even if its a list cause. You can fight something with words, it takes documentation.

While I want this to protect myself and my family in these crazy cities, I really want the price of mind of not being arrested for carrying when my wife and i are backpacking, cause I'm going to carry then no matter what. There are too many tweakers out there too and NO law enforcement response worth even trying to time.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I truly wish you the best of luck, but don't get your hopes up. Count on paying LPD whatever they charge to apply, and get denied. Then you can pay Sherriff Moore $119 to get denied. Then you can pay more to appeal, and get denied again.

Purple K
08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Actually, recently passed legislation (ab610?) requires that they give a reason for the denial in writing.

GrizFyrFyter
08-03-2012, 1:46 PM
I truly wish you the best of luck, but don't get your hopes up. Count on paying LPD whatever they charge to apply, and get denied. Then you can pay Sherriff Moore $119 to get denied. Then you can pay more to appeal, and get denied again.

I dont have high hopes, but i dont have to do the life scan multiple times.

Actually, recently passed legislation (ab610?) requires that they give a reason for the denial in writing.

From what I understand, law requires them to make a timely decision also (90 days?) And they have failed that many times in the past.

The truth is, I'm looking forward to getting out of Lodi and Stockton and this whole county. My brother in law got his CCW in tuolumne county, process took 2 weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

DRAB_81
08-03-2012, 4:04 PM
I dont have high hopes, but i dont have to do the life scan multiple times.

As much as I hate to say it, it's still a waste of time and money at this point.

GrizFyrFyter
08-04-2012, 6:28 AM
As much as I hate to say it, it's still a waste of time and money at this point.

Possibly, but if we just give up and don't try, they win.

Sent from my Nexus 7

DRAB_81
08-04-2012, 8:13 AM
Possibly, but if we just give up and don't try, they win.

Sent from my Nexus 7

We DID try, and they DID win. Absolutely nothing has changed since I received my denial letter (3/3/2011). We all beat our heads against that wall over a year ago, not knowing 100% what the outcome would be. Now that we know the outcome, why would we keep going the same route? We aren't quitting, but throwing another $119 @ Moore isn't going to help. I'm just trying to save you the same frustration we all experienced back in 2010/2011.

GrizFyrFyter
08-04-2012, 8:09 PM
We DID try, and they DID win. Absolutely nothing has changed since I received my denial letter (3/3/2011). We all beat our heads against that wall over a year ago, not knowing 100% what the outcome would be. Now that we know the outcome, why would we keep going the same route? We aren't quitting, but throwing another $119 @ Moore isn't going to help. I'm just trying to save you the same frustration we all experienced back in 2010/2011.

I'm not saying the guys that have tried are wrong for not trying again. I appreciate the effort in helping me out. I'll put the money towards a rifke ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Falstaff
08-21-2012, 2:35 PM
What amount of money would it take to get CGF to file suit on Sheriff Moore on grounds that he is only issuing to wealthy donors, wealthy farmers and corrupt city managers?

I'd be in for $1,000.00 personally. If there were say, 200 San Joaquin residents in at $100, would that be enough??

I know a guy who came here illegally, then became a citizen somehow; owns a car repair business and was a licensed bounty hunter; HE has a CCW still today...
But most natural born citizens cannot get one...

let's roll!

GrizFyrFyter
08-21-2012, 3:30 PM
What amount of money would it take to get CGF to file suit on Sheriff Moore on grounds that he is only issuing to wealthy donors, wealthy farmers and corrupt city managers?

I'd be in for $1,000.00 personally. If there were say, 200 San Joaquin residents in at $100, would that be enough??

I know a guy who came here illegally, then became a citizen somehow; owns a car repair business and was a licensed bounty hunter; HE has a CCW still today...

let's roll!

I'd drop $100 for that. Or move to Elk Grove

Sent from my Nexus 7

CpuFixrMan
08-21-2012, 4:08 PM
If you look at http://calgunsfoundation.org/resources/ccw-initiative/127-san-joaquin.html you can see how many people (a whopping 7), besides myself, have donated towards this cause. I'd be in for another $100, if we had some support from residents. I've pretty much written this off until there is a sheriff change, or a material change in CA law.

advocatusdiaboli
08-22-2012, 6:39 AM
I'm obviously not one of the guys that started this, but my guess is that it will be at a dead end until election time. Even then, there's no guarantee of change. Considering all the other counties that have been sued & beaten, while absolutely nothing has improved here in SJ County, I'm guessing Moore has enough ducks in a row to keep us from getting what we want. We're basically surrounded by issuing counties (and cities, for example Galt & Ripon), and yet we've made zero headway to speak of. Taking all that into consideration, and the current fight against SB249, unfortunately there are more pressing issues than LTC's in this county. I'm not saying they're picking the wrong battles, it just is what it is.

That fairly accurately sums up my assessment. Since this is on the back burner and I have a fixed budget for firearms activism through donations, I have been diverting it towards other causes and organizations that have more urgency for now. We have some key legal cases and we have onerous SBs popping up like mushrooms after a Spring rain. The antis are trying to test both our will and budgets. I'll re-balance my contributions once CCW in my home county moves to the forefront again. For me, state and federal rights take precedence over SJC CCW for now even though I am saddened that a right can be infringed locally without consequence. Their day will come.

GrizFyrFyter
08-22-2012, 8:24 AM
Seeing that I am not a homeowner right now, I may just move out of the county. Lodi is OK but I miss the mountains. I should have gotten my ccw when I was in tuolumne county, when I didn't feel I needed it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

CpuFixrMan
08-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Seeing that I am not a homeowner right now, I may just move out of the county. Lodi is OK but I miss the mountains. I should have gotten my ccw when I was in tuolumne county, when I didn't feel I needed it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

The problem with that is, if you had moved into SJC after getting it somewhere else, you would've had it taken away by the current sheriff.

oldwilly51
08-22-2012, 3:37 PM

let's roll!

I would like to know the $ amount it would take also? I donated to the cause about a year ago and would be up for more if something can be done to further the cause.

projekt1
08-25-2012, 12:40 PM
CCW for Federal LEO likely or not?

Agency recently made policy that prohibits carrying our creds when off duty and not authorized to off carry (obviously). I know HR218 (LEOSA) applies but don't want to violate policy so looking for CCW. I reside in Stockton.

RANGER295
08-25-2012, 3:45 PM

Agency recently made policy that prohibits carrying our creds when off duty and not authorized to off carry (obviously). I know HR218 (LEOSA) applies but don't want to violate policy so looking for CCW. I reside in Stockton.

You may have a chance though he may contact your employer and if they do not approve turn you down.

HowardW56
08-25-2012, 4:04 PM

I am curious which agency came up with that policy.

I know a few Fed LEO's, whose agency policies prohibit the carrying of anything other than their issue weapon, have obtained Permits to carry more concealable pistols or compact revolvers.

Call the Sheriff and talk to their CCW coordinator…

projekt1
08-25-2012, 8:34 PM

I know a few Fed LEO's, whose agency policies prohibit the carrying of anything other than their issue weapon, have obtained Permits to carry more concealable pistols or compact revolvers.

DLA. The policy prohibiting us from carrying a loaded concealed weapon off duty has been in place for a while. However, this new policy prohibiting us from carrying our credentials off duty is new. It seems as though they had to make this new policy for reprimand reasons in order to cover their *** after the incident that happened in Modesto.

I will call the Sheriff's office next week. I'm planning of providing both policies to him in addition to a Opinion letter signed by the Governor (he was the Attorney General when he signed) back in 07 stating that we are authorized to carry a loaded concealed weapon.

Thank you and I'll keep you posted.

MiddleKingdom
08-29-2012, 8:20 PM
When I took my CCW class for Sac County (2010) there was a guy who was renewing his license through SJ County. The guy was a bank manager and had a side business making jewelry. I'm not sure if that was enough justification or if he had the right connections. Funny thing is that on my application I noted that my family owns a business in Stockton (yes, we carry cash) and we have rental properties. I think the Sheriff's Dept was thinking "you had me at Stockton".

LuckyLou508
09-04-2012, 6:31 AM
Officer's from both Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore and Defense Logistics Agency in Tracy, are not cops! They are Security Guards, that is why they can't carry off duty.

biglou
09-04-2012, 7:10 AM
You may have a better chance applying with Stockton PD. Not sure is they issue or refer you to the Sheriff. If you are not CA POST Police, Sheriff Moore more than likely will not approve you. Sheriff Moore will request a notification letter on letterhead from your employer. Do you have a link to the Opinion letter you are referring to ?

biglou
09-04-2012, 7:28 AM

^ Is this in San Joaquin County ?

LuckyLou508
09-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Federal Law Enforcement such as Department of Energy or Defense Logistics Agency are a joke!! They get good training, decent pay and benefits but that's it. They have less authority than a Walmart Security Guard.

209 srt
10-04-2012, 1:30 PM
I was talking with a guy at the local gun store and he was telling me if I live in the city I would have to go through local PD...but if I live out side the city I would have to go through sjc...is this true...and has anyone tryed recently...

RANGER295
10-04-2012, 4:10 PM
I was talking with a guy at the local gun store and he was telling me if I live in the city I would have to go through local PD...but if I live out side the city I would have to go through sjc...is this true...and has anyone tryed recently...

Not true but IMHO it would be a waste of time and money to try at the SO

209 srt
10-04-2012, 8:18 PM
Not true but IMHO it would be a waste of time and money to try at the SO

so I could go through the SPD...has anyone tried going through them...

Toe Jam
10-05-2012, 7:08 AM

I got the paperwork from the city, talk about paper work & B.S. You would have to pay to get psych evaluation and you could still be denied. :beatdeadhorse5:

I got my CCW from the SO. He wanted to see a GC other then just because it my right. Had a long interview, several phone call and letters of clarifying my work.

FatCity67
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
so I could go through the SPD...has anyone tried going through them...

Start at the beginning of this thread and you'll have your answer.

mbz dr
10-18-2012, 5:39 PM
I got the paperwork from the city, talk about paper work & B.S. You would have to pay to get psych evaluation and you could still be denied. :beatdeadhorse5:

I got my CCW from the SO. He wanted to see a GC other then just because it my right. Had a long interview, several phone call and letters of clarifying my work.

did you get from the SO or are applying for it ?

Toe Jam
10-19-2012, 7:07 AM
did you get from the SO or are applying for it ?

I did get it from the SO in 2011. I’m filling out the paper work for the renewal. I just hope the renewal process isn't as tedious.

Good Luck

oldwilly51
11-14-2012, 8:03 AM
I did get it from the SO in 2011. I’m filling out the paper work for the renewal. I just hope the renewal process isn't as tedious.

Good Luck

How did your renewal go?

Mama Tiger
11-23-2012, 7:59 PM
Just curious if there is a pattern to Sheriff Moore's denials as to the gender of the applicant?

mbz dr
12-05-2012, 5:40 PM
I notice that Stockon PD web site have CCW info that it never had online. also they are looking more friendly with there requirements to what it was in the past. Any one can share more? Is it time for stocktonian to apply at P.D?

biglou
12-07-2012, 7:58 AM
Considering the murder rate and armed robbery in Stockton, maybe the PD realizes it's lost the war on crime.

Jedi
12-09-2012, 2:35 PM
The only change to the SPD policy is that they now require $$ upfront. The wording of the good cause requirement is exactly as it was prior to Chief Jones.

GrizFyrFyter
12-16-2012, 4:31 PM
Anyone think this helps our case?
http://lonelyconservative.com/2012/12/citizen-with-concealed-carry-permit-may-have-save-lives-during-oregon-mall-shooting/

vmcdonnell
12-18-2012, 9:33 PM
Chief Jones is under fire (no pun intended) with all the homicides and armed robberies so it looks like he's decided to take back the CCW issuing for the city of Stockton back from Sheriff Moore. It looks like it's going to be easier, otherwise I can't imagine why he wouldn't just keep passing the buck to Moore unless he recognizes that he's just not giving them out to all the people who deserve them. I'm applying after the new year. Wish me luck!

Sublime_AC
12-28-2012, 6:57 PM
I live in Escalon, I actually have a Riverbank mailing address which is in Stanislaus county. I do not know the best route to success for a CCW. I can relocate to Stanislaus county, but the interview schedule is currently over one year out. I went to the Escalon Police department today hoping to talk to their police chief or somebody who could give me some input as to whether they'd issue to a 13 year resident in an unincorporated area or if they'd pass me off to San Joaquin Sheriff's department...

It is my understanding that San Joaquin is a tuff county to obtain a CCW.

What are your guys thoughts? Should I relocate and hope for an opening in the interview schedule?

Or head down the path of Escalon PD / San Joaquin sheriff?

Jedi
12-29-2012, 7:31 AM
VMCDonnell:

Having spoken with a number of people in SPD who are "in the know" about LTC, I do not believe that the change in policy indicates an intent to issue more LTC. If anything, the new policy is a way to cover their cost up-front of processing the application... regardless of if it is approved or denied. That being said, it never hurts to apply and you will never know until you try.

Sublime_AC:
I would recommend talking to/applying with Escalon PD first. While I have not heard of them actively issuing, it may be as simple as no one has asked. Like I said before, you never know until you try.

Gray Peterson
12-29-2012, 8:37 AM
I live in Escalon, I actually have a Riverbank mailing address which is in Stanislaus county. I do not know the best route to success for a CCW. I can relocate to Stanislaus county, but the interview schedule is currently over one year out. I went to the Escalon Police department today hoping to talk to their police chief or somebody who could give me some input as to whether they'd issue to a 13 year resident in an unincorporated area or if they'd pass me off to San Joaquin Sheriff's department...

It is my understanding that San Joaquin is a tuff county to obtain a CCW.

What are your guys thoughts? Should I relocate and hope for an opening in the interview schedule?

Or head down the path of Escalon PD / San Joaquin sheriff?

If you don't live in the city, you can't apply there.

Sublime_AC
12-29-2012, 12:57 PM
If you don't live in the city, you can't apply there.

This is what I do not understand, I purchased my home here in Escalon 13 years ago. I have lived in the same home, paid taxes, supported the schools and community, yet I do not get to use the services of the Escalon PD?

There is ONE sheriff on patrol for the rural San Joaquin county area that I live in. ONE... He covers from Tracy, through Ripon, to Escalon and back to Stockton. Geographically this is a HUGE area of farmland, with what amounts to almost zero police coverage.

I go for walks in the rural area, if something were to happen I would be screwed. I called the sheriff once in an emergency situation, firearm pointed at bad guy, 45 minute response. So I know I am on my own, my county sheriff will likely deny my CCW and the local PD will not give me one because I am not in the incorporated part of town??? This to me amounts to a tremendous pile of bulli*****...

Kalifornia is so screwed in how they handle CCW. In light of last years shootings and our liberal minded politicians I do not see this getting better.

RANGER295
12-29-2012, 2:37 PM
This is what I do not understand, I purchased my home here in Escalon 13 years ago. I have lived in the same home, paid taxes, supported the schools and community, yet I do not get to use the services of the Escalon PD?

There is ONE sheriff on patrol for the rural San Joaquin county area that I live in. ONE... He covers from Tracy, through Ripon, to Escalon and back to Stockton. Geographically this is a HUGE area of farmland, with what amounts to almost zero police coverage.

I go for walks in the rural area, if something were to happen I would be screwed. I called the sheriff once in an emergency situation, firearm pointed at bad guy, 45 minute response. So I know I am on my own, my county sheriff will likely deny my CCW and the local PD will not give me one because I am not in the incorporated part of town??? This to me amounts to a tremendous pile of bulli*****...

Kalifornia is so screwed in how they handle CCW. In light of last years shootings and our liberal minded politicians I do not see this getting better.
You sound like you are in a similar situation as me except I am not in an actual town. I live between Farmington and Escalon. A little more than a year ago, I had some deputies out because of some vandalism and trespassing issues. The deputy asked me if I had guns. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said that it could take them 30 minutes or more to get out here and that I should be prepared to take care of myself and my family and that if I didn’t have any arms, I should consider getting one.

You talk about taking walks in the country, that is one of the things I put in my good cause statement. Specifically I talked about a neighbor that was attacked by a dog when walking. The sheriff wanted specific names and dates which I couldn’t give him. I am a volunteer firefighter out here and we have at least one call for a dog attack while someone was walking since I was turned down for my CCW.

Sublime_AC
12-29-2012, 5:18 PM
You sound like you are in a similar situation as me except I am not in an actual town. I live between Farmington and Escalon. A little more than a year ago, I had some deputies out because of some vandalism and trespassing issues. The deputy asked me if I had guns. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said that it could take them 30 minutes or more to get out here and that I should be prepared to take care of myself and my family and that if I didn’t have any arms, I should consider getting one.

You talk about taking walks in the country, that is one of the things I put in my good cause statement. Specifically I talked about a neighbor that was attacked by a dog when walking. The sheriff wanted specific names and dates which I couldn’t give him. I am a volunteer firefighter out here and we have at least one call for a dog attack while someone was walking since I was turned down for my CCW.

I am on the outskirts of Escalon as you get closer to Riverbank. It's pretty rural for sure. When I go for walks I carry my knife and quality pepper spray. One on one I have no problems, but if there are multiple dogs / perps or a firearm in the hands of a criminal I would be toast. I enjoy my walks and I don't believe I should have to be relatively disarmed to take them.

As for owning a firearm to defend yourself, yeah it's a must, the police coverage out here is basically nonexistent.

OHOD
12-29-2012, 8:07 PM
I live in Manteca and want to apply.

Do I submit my application to Manteca PD or SJ Sheriffs Office?

Since one of the reasons I have for good cause is my work and my work brings me to Stockton, then I'm thinking Sheriff.

I would appreciate any advice.

Sublime_AC
12-29-2012, 8:19 PM
Start with the PD and if they say go to the Sheriff then go to the Sheriff. Does your work have any policies with regards to firearms?

That's one of the issues I have... I commute to the bay area, I am in rural areas during my commute with high end computer gear almost daily and I work strange hours. BUT... My employer has a strict no firearms policy, so I cannot use this as justification since they will certainly be contacting my employer if I bring this up.

Crafting your just cause is the second most important thing behind having a clean record.

OHOD
12-29-2012, 8:40 PM
Start with the PD and if they say go to the Sheriff then go to the Sheriff. Does your work have any policies with regards to firearms?

That's one of the issues I have... I commute to the bay area, I am in rural areas during my commute with high end computer gear almost daily and I work strange hours. BUT... My employer has a strict no firearms policy, so I cannot use this as justification since they will certainly be contacting my employer if I bring this up.

Crafting your just cause is the second most important thing behind having a clean record.

Good point.
I need to find that out on Monday.
When I go to the Manteca PD, who would I ask?

Sublime_AC
12-30-2012, 1:35 PM
Good point.

When you get to the clerk at the counter, or behind bullet proof glass just tell them you are interested in filing for a concealed carry permit, they should be able to direct you to the appropriate personnel.

elness
12-31-2012, 7:46 AM
Good point.

I don't know if the Manteca PD CCW process has been changed, but I know when I applied less than a year ago (and was denied because my good cause of self defense was not good enough), the process was inefficient and expensive.

Before they accepted my CCW packet, I had to:
(1) Purchase my firearm (for my S&W M&P .40 Compact, $550), holster, & ammo;
(2) Attend PC 832 firearms training (approx. $400); and
(3) Attend one of Manteca PD's two CCW firearms qualifications sessions (held in spring and fall of each year) ($25).

My own cost was much higher because I also bought (and filed to carry) a S&W M&P .40 full-frame at the same time (another $550).

After all that was said and done and the CCW packet was submitted, the police captain who processes CCW applications interviewed me (after interviewing my references) and said that although everything looked OK, my good cause statement was probably not good enough, because my situation was not unlike every other city resident.

Ultimately, the police chief went along with his captain's recommendation, and I was denied for lack of good cause.

I pointed out to the chief that I wished I could have found out sooner that pure self defense would not suffice, because of how much money I had already spent on the CCW process. He indicated that he understood my concern, and that he would review the process.

k6withrow
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Good Morning! My name is Patrick Withrow and I'm running for Sheriff of San Joaquin County. I have been following your comments for many months and I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you at different events. I just wanted to let you know that on March 3rd, 2013 I will be having a "Taco Feed" at Amblers Hall in Stockton from 1700-to 2000hrs (5:00pm to 8:00 pm). Its $20 a head (all you can eat) and kids eat free. I would love the opportunity to speak with you face to face. You can get to know me and find out where I stand on many of the issues that are very important to you, me and our families. For more info about me you can go to www.withrowforsheriff.com. For more info about the Taco Dinner please go to my Facebook. I look forward to meeting all of you.

dcguillory
02-07-2013, 2:23 PM
still no comments re Mr Withrow?

CpuFixrMan
02-07-2013, 2:39 PM
Well, I haven't had a lot of time to check out his website. Also, I noticed that after nearly a year, he has only the one post. Reserving judgement until I have an informed opinion.

Stockton
02-07-2013, 2:53 PM
Tagged.

FatCity67
02-10-2013, 9:54 AM
Good Morning! My name is Patrick Withrow and I'm running for Sheriff of San Joaquin County. I have been following your comments for many months and I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you at different events. I just wanted to let you know that on March 3rd, 2013 I will be having a "Taco Feed" at Amblers Hall in Stockton from 1700-to 2000hrs (5:00pm to 8:00 pm). Its $20 a head (all you can eat) and kids eat free. I would love the opportunity to speak with you face to face. You can get to know me and find out where I stand on many of the issues that are very important to you, me and our families. For more info about me you can go to www.withrowforsheriff.com. For more info about the Taco Dinner please go to my Facebook. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Commit to SHALL ISSUE?

If your going up against the Moore political machine you might as well go all the way.

WeiseGuy
02-11-2013, 5:41 AM
It appears the links to prior just cause statements are down. Are there new links?

I'm getting a G23 soon and want to apply for CCW in SJ.

HowardW56
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
It appears the links to prior just cause statements are down. Are there new links?

I'm getting a G23 soon and want to apply for CCW in SJ.

The link worked for me.....

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/downloads/documents/gcstatements/SanJoaquinGC(subset).pdf

WeiseGuy
02-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Worked for me now too, thanks! Must've been a one off.

Zamble
02-20-2013, 9:17 PM
I emailed Mr. Withrow tonight asking his position on the 2nd Amendment and CCW stance. Here is his reply.

"Mr. xxxxxxx,
Thank You for taking the time to write and voice your concern. As you may have guessed I get this question a lot lately and I'm very familiar with Mr. Moores campaign stance and flip flop on this issue. I believe that my job as Sheriff, as it pertains to CCW's, is to make sure there is no legal or mental heath issue that would keep a citizen from being issued a CCW. If there is no such issue then every citizen should have equal access to a CCW. It is our legal right to be able to protect ourselves, families and neighbors and in these trying times we in law enforcement need as much help as we can get.

I would enjoy speaking to you and others in the Calguns community at anytime. Please feel free to contact me, that is my personal cell number, and or set up a meeting where I could speak to more of your members. Thanks again for the questions."

He got back to me within a few hours which I appreciate.

Adaz
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I have of lately been interested in trying obtain a ccw especially with how bad the crime in Stockton is. Unfortunately, I do not consider myself above the normal citizen as Sheriff Moore continually stresses yet still denies individuals. My GC would simply be for my families (3 young daughters & wife) and my protection. One specific reason would be that we enjoy family walks throughout our neighborhood and surroundings and have seen of latley more vacant homes being taken over by squatters and undesirable people you would not want living around you. Infact, the house 2 houses down from us was raided by the stockton PD.

I know my background is squeaky clean, no arrests, DUI's, moving violations, no run ins whatsoever. Yet, I am unnecessarily discouraged with Sheriff Moore and all the denials posted on this thread.

I do have a cousin who is currently a SGT with the San Joaquin Sheriffs dept. Would my chances be increased if I asked him to write a simple letter attesting to my moral character? I am asking this because I am not sure if I should even try or maybe wait until next year when the current sheriff may be replaced.?

G lock
03-25-2013, 11:28 AM
At least the criminals in Stockton can conceal carry :facepalm:

skip to 2:20
Udvb3TY9qeE#t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Udvb3TY9qeE#t=143s

Tavern Keeper
03-27-2013, 4:13 PM
How does the challenge process work? Had a CCW in Manteca and had renewed once. New Police Chief denied renewal. Went to SJSD and after almost 7 months was issued a permit but now have restrictions. Would like to help others in Manteca & get rid of restrictions. Will make all documents available to CGF if I can be directed to proper person.

oldwilly51
03-28-2013, 7:02 AM
How does the challenge process work? Had a CCW in Manteca and had renewed once. New Police Chief denied renewal. Went to SJSD and after almost 7 months was issued a permit but now have restrictions. Would like to help others in Manteca & get rid of restrictions. Will make all documents available to CGF if I can be directed to proper person.

I too have restrictions on my permit when others in my same situation in the past did not. The restriction pretty much just makes the permit worthless. It is my understanding that the Sheriff is doing this as his way of giving us the middle finger. I can't wait until he is voted out and we can get in a new Sheriff who is 2a friendly. You can submit an amendment application form to try and remove the restriction. I tried and was unsuccessful even though I thought I had a good reason for it's removal. Not sure this will work but here is a link to the form.
http://calgunsfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ltc_amendment_form.pdf

jbolton
03-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Can you say what restrictions you have?

Tavern Keeper
03-28-2013, 1:19 PM
I can, but would rather not put too much more into public then I allready have. Let's just say 'reasonable' is not.

slowZ28
03-30-2013, 1:51 AM
Sheriff Moore wont issue CCW's. Ive talked to him about this before, and he doesn't have a coherent thought about it. He is a retarded micro-manager with little man syndrome. I had turned down a job with them, and im glad I did. That said my dad is a pretty active political player in Stockton, retired Stockton PD SGT, and SO Volenteer, and he is looking into helping get rid of Moore next year.I think Mr. Withrow's chances are pretty good.

mbz dr
03-30-2013, 6:21 PM
hold on man the "wheels are turning".................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................:banghead:

biglou
03-30-2013, 8:00 PM
Hello everyone,

I have of lately been interested in trying obtain a ccw especially with how bad the crime in Stockton is. Unfortunately, I do not consider myself above the normal citizen as Sheriff Moore continually stresses yet still denies individuals. My GC would simply be for my families (3 young daughters & wife) and my protection. One specific reason would be that we enjoy family walks throughout our neighborhood and surroundings and have seen of latley more vacant homes being taken over by squatters and undesirable people you would not want living around you. Infact, the house 2 houses down from us was raided by the stockton PD.

I know my background is squeaky clean, no arrests, DUI's, moving violations, no run ins whatsoever. Yet, I am unnecessarily discouraged with Sheriff Moore and all the denials posted on this thread.

I do have a cousin who is currently a SGT with the San Joaquin Sheriffs dept. Would my chances be increased if I asked him to write a simple letter attesting to my moral character? I am asking this because I am not sure if I should even try or maybe wait until next year when the current sheriff may be replaced.?

I hate to burst your bubble, but Moore will not issue unless you made major cash support to his campaign. We need to get this anti 2A out of office.

oldwilly51
03-31-2013, 7:12 PM
hold on man the "wheels are turning".................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................:banghead:

I too feel the pain of hitting my head against a wall. Sooo frustrating.

MaxwellE54
04-15-2013, 6:25 PM
Well, this ol woodbridge resident and a couple other of my fellow county constituents are ready to apply whenever an organized movement happens again. will donate, rally support and volunteer as well, just need direction. im dedicated to the cause! after much research and 17 gut crushing pages, how couldnt you be??

newglockster
04-22-2013, 2:33 PM
I recently moved into Ripon. How should I go about applying for a LTC with the Ripon Police Department?

Tavern Keeper
04-24-2013, 2:24 PM
You can go to Ripon PD. They have a pretty good reputation for issue. Do believe there is quite a long line though.

oldwilly51
05-21-2013, 2:22 PM
I heard Sheriff Moore has decided to run again for Sheriff. If he succeeds in getting re-elected we can count on 4 more years of no ltc's.

CL&RR
05-21-2013, 2:45 PM
I heard Sheriff Moore has decided to run again for Sheriff. If he succeeds in getting re-elected we can count on 4 more years of no ltc's.

Rally up the troops. We need to make a stand just a little over a year away for the midterms.

mmayer707
05-27-2013, 9:03 PM
I am in, I am moving to San Joaquin county in a couple of weeks.

CL&RR
05-28-2013, 10:01 AM
As with any individual running for a public office, we don't know if the new candidate will issue also, so I emailed Sheriff Moore to clarify his stance. He basically did a little brush off and then stated he DOES issue CCWs. Has anyone in Stockton been successful at applying with the Chief?

What I wrote:
I'm a voting San Joaquin County resident from the City of
Stockton. Our crime rates are and has always been a major issue. The
city has done it's fair share with coordinated efforts from other LE
agencies, however the bad guys still plaque this city. I know you do
not favor a shall issue stance with CCW permits, as many many
responsible county residence has applied and been denied. With the
crime and status of the City seeing no foreseeable change, will your
stance change if reelected for your third term? Look at Sacramento
County since they have taken the change to a shall issue county.
Please consider changing your stance for the sake of the law abiding
gun owners who need to protect their families. As the saying goes
when seconds count the police are minutes away. Please allow us to
carry concealed. Thanks.

From Sheriff Moore

Unfortunately there is a lot of miss information floating around regarding
concealed carry permits, such as that only the Sheriff's Office can issue
permits. Pursuant to the penal code any Chiefs of Police in an incorporated
city are fully empowered to issue concealed carry permits to any city
resident. The law also allows either city or county residents to submit
concealed carry permit applications to the County Sheriffs Office if they
wish.

Additionally contrary to rumor, I do authorize concealed carry permits for
anyone who submits an application and meets the legal requirements for
having a concealed carry permit issued to them. According to the penal code
an applicant must be able to establish good character and good cause in
order for a concealed carry permit to be issued.

Once these two conditions have been established pursuant to the law, I do
issue concealed carry permits. Further pursuant to office policy the guide
for establishing good cause is based on the 1977 California Attorney
General's Opinion, No. CR. 77/30 I.L. on "Good Causes" (available on line).

I have expressed to all, that should they believe they have a need to carry
a concealed weapon and their individual situation meets the standard
identified in the law they may submit an application for a permit to this
office or the Chief of Police in their city of residence.

Thank You for your correspondence,

Steve Moore

skywarp1978
05-28-2013, 1:59 PM
I live in Stockton and I was told by the sheriffs office to apply with them because the police department doesn't issue them anymore. Now I read this statement by Sheriff Moore. More misinformation?

mmayer707
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
We need to vote Moore out in 2014. Otherwise it is no dice.

CL&RR
05-31-2013, 11:26 AM
I live in Stockton and I was told by the sheriffs office to apply with them because the police department doesn't issue them anymore. Now I read this statement by Sheriff Moore. More misinformation?

That's funny he said I was misinformed.

JasonB
05-31-2013, 6:13 PM
The (1977) Attorney General's Opinion on Good Causes
OPINION NO. CR. 77/30 I.L. 'the issuing authority must determine whether the threat to the applicant (or other causal situation) is as real as the applicant asserts (e.g., is there a clear and present danger to the applicant, his spouse, his family or his employees)? Finally, if the danger is manifest, the authority should determine whether that danger cannot be significantly alleviated by alternative means of security and whether in fact can be lawfully mitigated by the applicant's obtaining a concealed weapon license.'

This decision was rendered By Attorney General Evelle J. Younger, August 23, 1977.

By the time you can apply for one and even have a remote chance of being granted a CCW ( with Moore ) it is to late, there is already a clear and present danger ... and what happens if you, spouse, or family are attacked while waiting for your CCW ... guess that doesn't matter ...

Maybe Sheriff Moore shouldn't be allowed to carry, I doubt there is a clear and present danger to him ... and if there was he wouldn't have to wait to Carry Concealed.

JasonB
05-31-2013, 6:13 PM
so basically no one gets a CCW... how often does this apply to anyone... less than 1% if that ... and then you can just be told to hire security guards, like I was by Manteca PD

Zamble
06-04-2013, 12:21 AM
CL&RR, I got the same response from him, identical. LOL

skywarp1978
06-05-2013, 3:26 PM
Has anybody tried to contact the Stockton PD about CCWs? I could never get through, the phone just rings and rings for the gun permit line.

Jedi
06-08-2013, 5:43 AM
I went through the SPD process and was denied. I can't go into details of my good cause statement, but I will say that even the captain processing it felt that it was more than sufficient cause.

So, I moved out of Stockton.

blown57due
06-20-2013, 7:56 AM
Sent a message to Pat Withrow on Tuesday that I would like to meet him. Got a phone call from him on Wed. that he was on his way home and in my area and could come by. Met with him for about an hour. This is the man we want for Sheriff. His view on issuing CCW’s will be a huge change from what we have now. More important are his plans on improving the Dept., and cracking down on rural crime. He is a cop, not a politician. He gave me the impression of being an honest, hard working man that wants to improve our county. He most definitely has my support.
Hope this helps some of you in making a decision in 2014. Get the word out. Vote for Pat Withrow.

biglou
06-23-2013, 8:56 PM
Sent a message to Pat Withrow on Tuesday that I would like to meet him. Got a phone call from him on Wed. that he was on his way home and in my area and could come by. Met with him for about an hour. This is the man we want for Sheriff. His view on issuing CCW’s will be a huge change from what we have now. More important are his plans on improving the Dept., and cracking down on rural crime. He is a cop, not a politician. He gave me the impression of being an honest, hard working man that wants to improve our county. He most definitely has my support.
Hope this helps some of you in making a decision in 2014. Get the word out. Vote for Pat Withrow.

Hopefully he is not just saying this to get elected. At this point anyone is better than Moore.

FatCity67
06-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Step One

Elect Withrow.

Even if Withrow isn't stong on no restriction Shall issue. He will be easier to work with on this single issue as well as others.

He will be a huge improvement to "I don't get mad, I get even" little Napoleon.

3of9
07-08-2013, 7:13 AM
Can we get updated on this from Calguns personal. Where are we now.

mmayer707
07-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, I am in San Joaquin now! Besides that, vote properly in 2014.

RANGER295
07-11-2013, 2:27 PM
Can we get updated on this from Calguns personal. Where are we now.

As I understand it, and I want to say as a disclaimer that I have not talked to Brandon or any of the other CGF people for several months about this, we are waiting for the outcome of some court cases before we move forward. This very well may not be resolved before the 2014 election.

DRAB_81
07-18-2013, 9:09 AM
Here's one of my posts from back in 2011. It's hard to believe we've been going nowhere for over 2 years.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/rabara9/Screenshot_2013-07-18-10-04-11-1_zps1f9e5b2d.png

slowZ28
07-19-2013, 9:10 AM
We need to elect Pat Withrow. He is a good man, a lawman, and not a politician or a pawn. My dad has some tickets to a tri tip and chili dinner fundraiser for him. Its Saturday august 10th at 6PM in Lodi, and there's raffle prizes. I think it'd be cool for at least a few people from calguns to show up and show their support. Its only $40 and it goes to getting a good man elected. I can scan some pictures of the flyers when I'm at my dads house later. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

jab_od
07-31-2013, 11:11 AM
http://www.withrowforsheriff.com/

jab_od
08-06-2013, 4:36 AM
Pat Withrow:

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130806/A_NEWS/308060311

oldwilly51
08-07-2013, 6:57 AM
I wrote to Pat Withrow about is position on LTC and here is his response.

"Thank you for your interest.
To answer your question my stance on CCW's is very different from our current Sheriff. It’s simple; I believe everyone should have equal access to a CCW. Also long as you have no history of mental issues and no criminal history which precludes you from carrying a firearm and you are physically able to use the firearm safely then there should be no reason why you should not be able to obtain a CCW. And yes I think personal protection is a good enough reason for a CCW. I hope this helps and if you have any further questions you can meet me in person this Saturday in Lodi at the Lowel center. We are having a Tri Tip and Chili dinner and I will be speaking and answering question. Info is on our web site at www.withrowforsheriff.com Thanks again."

Looks like we need to do all we can do help him get elected.

Rigidarm
08-26-2013, 8:26 AM
Well, here is my story. I filled out my CCW papers 6 months ago. Still no word. Took them in and sat with a Lt. and paid the fees. Have just cause and good moral history. Moving into 7 months now and still no word. I look for a letter from Sheriff Moore each day... but still no word.

I have hunted and fished my entire life. Raised kids, all helpers and workers. All good weapon handlers too: Even my daughter who is a RN at St. Joe ER center in Stockton. I live in the county (surrounded by city here in north Stockton) and have seen crime change the face of my area and town. I work late and own my own business in SJC. We try not to go out after dark and are fearful when we do. I have been awarded a high citizen honor for saving a life in a fire and have never harmed anyone. However, our safety has now degraded to the point where we must protect ourselves. Crime reports and statistics given me by the San Joaquin County Sheriff Department prove my position.

These are real and factual reports and I am not willing to give up any more freedom from mobility any longer without at least a fighting chance to protect myself, my family, my neighbors and any citizen being violently victimized or preyed upon by thugs. I am the kind of guy you want if you or your loved ones are in danger.

Now, only behind Oakland, Stockton is the highest crime city in California. I continue to check my mail box (most always before dark) but to this point..... still no word.

titan2
08-26-2013, 2:28 PM
San Joaquin County CCW Policy, Good Cause statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/127-san-joaquin)

It's time to apply!

Please help us spread the word - we need everyone to apply using one of the similarly situated good cause statements found here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/127-san-joaquin).

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Download, complete and print the DOJ Standard Application here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/downloads/documents/DOJ_CCW_App_Fillable.pdf.
a. Structure your good cause statement as either a) “I wish to acquire a firearm carry permit for the purpose of self-defense”, or b) if you have a good cause which approximates one from those we posted here, you can state the same good cause (as long as it’s truthful – it’s a crime to lie on the application).
b. DO NOT SIGN the application; you will sign when you turn it in and SJSO will witness/countersign.
Make two checks or money orders out to “San Joaquin Sheriff’s Office” in the amount of $19.00 and $120.00, respectively. (make sure to put the check numbers in the cover letter under “enclosures” and in the transmittal letter).
Complete the missing information in the cover letter (attached), print, and sign.
Complete the letter of transmittal (attached) and print 2 copies (one for you, one for them), making sure to date the top for the date of your appointment.
Scan all documents.
Contact Sgt. John Palmer and schedule a time to drop off your application and be fingerprinted.
Drop off your cover letter, application, and check. Have Sgt. Palmer or another SJSO representative sign, print name, title and date your letter of transmittal and TAKE THIS COPY HOME.
a. Point of information: their 90-day deadline clock starts on this date.
Scan your signed letter of transmittal.
Email me your scans.
Keep me posted!

First two links are broken.....get a 404 Error (see attachment)

RANGER295
08-27-2013, 6:09 AM
First two links are broken.....get a 404 Error (see attachment)

Brandon could say otherwise, but I do not think it would be advantageous at this point to use those documents.

Rigidarm
09-03-2013, 6:10 PM
Well, I thought I'd wait until after Labor Day weekend to get back with an update.

The Stockton area has 131 street gangs and some of these gangs have committed hard core violent crimes and murder just for initiation.

I have put in for my CCW as explained in my previous post....... but still no word.

Rigidarm
09-03-2013, 6:11 PM
Well, I thought I'd wait until after Labor Day weekend to get back with an update.

The Stockton area has 131 street gangs and some of these gangs have committed hard core violent crimes and murder just for initiation.

I have put in for my CCW as explained in my previous post....... but still no word.

Zartan
09-04-2013, 9:52 PM
I'm going to submit my app on the 24th. Have to try.

Rigidarm
09-09-2013, 8:31 AM
Another week has passed.... Still no word.

sta30zoo
09-14-2013, 6:44 AM
Well good luck and don't be in a hurry. I applied in Jan and had my interview in March. I have just cause to get CCW and still waiting.

Rigidarm
09-15-2013, 10:15 AM
At this point, after hearing your waiting time, I can only believe that this is an all out stall tactic by our current Sheriff Steve Moore. These delays go beyond a reasonable working timeframe to either approve or deny these permits.

biglou
09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
At this point, after hearing your waiting time, I can only believe that this is an all out stall tactic by our current Sheriff Steve Moore. These delays go beyond a reasonable working timeframe to either approve or deny these permits.

I would be shocked and surprised if little man Moore approves you. We need to vote in someone else. That is the only hope that this county has. I don't mean to discourage you, I really hope you get approved. This guy is a politician and has forgotten about the safety of the people and our rights.

citybikeslodi
10-04-2013, 12:15 AM
So, only after a year of waiting and taking the required training course I finally got to pick up my CCW issued in San Joaquin. Which, in itself is no easy task. However, after picking it up and spending the additional fees I realized upon leaving the sheriff's department that my new CCW had restrictions listed on the back. I do not see how this is fair at all. I am only allowed to carry when taking deposits to and from the business and the banking institution. What should I do from here? Always keep a bank deposit on hand?

Rigidarm
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Probably see if you can "upgrade" to fewer restrictions after having it for a few months. On the other hand there might be "a new Sheriff in town" next year and with good cause your limited use may be removed. Either way you have moved the CCW forward in our county. Congratulations on that. 2A

FatCity67
10-06-2013, 11:03 AM
So, only after a year of waiting and taking the required training course I finally got to pick up my CCW issued in San Joaquin. Which, in itself is no easy task. However, after picking it up and spending the additional fees I realized upon leaving the sheriff's department that my new CCW had restrictions listed on the back. I do not see how this is fair at all. I am only allowed to carry when taking deposits to and from the business and the banking institution. What should I do from here? Always keep a bank deposit on hand?

Nope, I wouldn't recommend it. Kind of hard to explain that you were taking deposits to and from the bank while on vacation in another part of the state.

Dems da' breaks when dealing with Little Napoleon. Vote Withrow 2014.

Rigidarm
10-17-2013, 8:45 PM
Another month has gone by....... still no word.

Rigidarm
11-18-2013, 9:45 PM
Yet another month has passed and no letter, no call, nothing. If I served my customers like that I'd be put out of business.

CpuFixrMan
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM
You are assuming, of course, that the county/Sheriff wants your business. Clearly, this Sheriff couldn't care less about those of us wishing to protect our own. He only cares about maintaining his position and political backing. I'll be glad when I can be one of those voting for a change in leadership, and for Pat Withrow.

mdib870
11-19-2013, 3:51 PM
any idea on when we know if we got a new sheriff or not?

Jason95357
11-19-2013, 3:56 PM

Election is in 2014. I encourage all SJ residents to ask all Sheriff candidates to sign the Madison Society pledge for Sheriffs that the Stanislaus Sheriff has signed.

FatCity67
11-20-2013, 8:51 AM

I am not sure how to approach that question without being crass. It seems to me if your really that interested in your 2nd ammendment rights you would know the answer to that question. Especially if you have read through this thread and living in Stockton.

However, benefit of the doubt:

Pat Withrow 2014

http://www.withrowforsheriff.com/

biglou
11-25-2013, 8:04 AM
Yet another month has passed and no letter, no call, nothing. If I served my customers like that I'd be put out of business.

Tell him you have a fat campaign donation and he will get to you asap :thumbsup:

wilit
11-26-2013, 6:53 PM

Nothing is going to happen with Sheriff Moore in place. Support Withrow for Sheriff and be sure all your friends and family in SJ vote for him.

goawayleftwing
11-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I am lucky enough to live in Ripon city limits and went through their department. The police chief is very pro gun and I had no problems with getting mine within two weeks of dropping the paperwork off.I am in full agreement with those voting out Steve Moore who has been just wasting time and money living the politician life. I wish you all the best of luck with this communistic sheriff's department in SJ county. On that note, I wish you all out there a great Thanksgiving, and don't stop fighting the fight.

Rigidarm
12-08-2013, 4:19 AM
Update: ANOTHER month has passed and still no word, letter, or call. At this point it looks like I've wasted about 125. bucks for the LiveScan and a lot of time.

Seems to me that if the Sheriff is not going to respond in a timely way then PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE APPLICATION MONEY.

Jsalud
12-30-2013, 4:18 AM
Update: ANOTHER month has passed and still no word, letter, or call. At this point it looks like I've wasted about 125. bucks for the LiveScan and a lot of time.

Seems to me that if the Sheriff is not going to respond in a timely way then PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE APPLICATION MONEY.

I hope that you eventually get it. Any idea when the 2014 Election would be? I would hate to apply and waste money if Sheriff Moore is refusing to grant CCW's

Rigidarm
01-01-2014, 10:04 AM
I hope that you eventually get it. Any idea when the 2014 Election would be? I would hate to apply and waste money if Sheriff Moore is refusing to grant CCW's

Thanks for your encouragement. As to the election date for San Joaquin County Sheriff it is in June. The time goes fast so it is not too early to help with the election of a new candidate if you are committed to change. Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff.

Paladin
01-03-2014, 7:51 AM
Thanks for your encouragement. As to the election date for San Joaquin County Sheriff it is in June. The time goes fast so it is not too early to help with the election of a new candidate if you are committed to change. Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff.
You guys barely have enough time as it is....

Why? Because the odds are that there's a candidate who wants to be sheriff who, at heart is not a LEO, but a anti "politician w/a gun and a badge", who's lining up local politicos and various city CoPs who are mostly anti and the Average Joe, when getting a flier from them will see ALL those (antis) supporting him for sheriff and will fall inline.... :mad:

You guys need "boots on the ground" to establish a county-wide network of gunnie activists in EVERY city who will flier shooting ranges, public & private, shooting (trap/skeet, IPSC, etc), hunting, and even fishing clubs to raise support and $$$, and plan to flier w/professional fliers just before elections (June, and Nov if there's a runoff). Look into local radio ads.

January to June sounds like 1/2 a year -- 6 months, but, IIRC, the election is the first week of June, so that means Jan thru May, 5 months. Next, factor in when mail-in ballots arrive, since most folks, I'm guessing, mail those in within a week or two of getting them, so that means you've got 4 months to get everything ready (flier production, distribution, radio ad prdxn, contracts signed). IIRC, the cutoff for candidates to get on the ballot isn't for several weeks, so you may not know all the people running, good or bad, who to support and/or who to oppose, for another month.... But that's no reason to not start building your organization NOW.

This org. can either be an independent org ("San Joaquinians for Law & Order"), and stay that way (mention CCWs among other LE/safety issues), or merge with the org of the candidate of your choice after you know everyone who's running and they've ALL been properly vetted. Remember: once someone is sheriff they can stay in office, getting reelected, for DECADES (until they move on to a new job, retire, die, or MAJOR scandal (San Mateo sheriff easily survived minor scandal)). If they're anti-CCW, there goes your chance for a CCW.

You've got NO TIME TO WASTE!!!

Heatseeker
01-03-2014, 8:39 AM

Why? Because the odds are that there's a candidate who wants to be sheriff who, at heart is not a LEO, but a anti "politician w/a gun and a badge", who's lining up local politicos and various city CoPs who are mostly anti and the Average Joe, when getting a flier from them will see ALL those (antis) supporting him for sheriff and will fall inline.... :mad:

^That would be the incumbent...^

I would like to throw my hat in the ring here. If there is anything I can do to help Withrow that any of you guys know of, let me know.

I must say that I see a lot of Withrow campaign signs around, especially out in the more rural areas of the county. Haven't seen any of the other guy's signs at all, anywhere...

MatthewG
01-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I hope it's ok to post this here but my restaurant is hosting a fundraising rib dinner for Pat Withrow's Campaign on Jan 15th if anyone is interested in helping the cause to get him elected next year. :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1504952866396966/?previousaction=join&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular&source=1

http://midtowncreperie.com/images/stories/withrow%20fundraiser.jpg

Rigidarm
01-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I'll be there. Very glad you are having a dinner (love ribs) fundraiser. Please book two seats for Rigidarm.

kayakbriang
01-05-2014, 2:05 PM
We need to do a calguns meetup for this dinner.

Heatseeker
01-05-2014, 4:49 PM
Grrr. The 15th is my wife and my anniversary. Oh honey....

GlockGuy
01-05-2014, 6:19 PM
I hope it's ok to post this here but my restaurant is hosting a fundraising rib dinner for Pat Withrow's Campaign on Jan 15th if anyone is interested in helping the cause to get him elected next year. :)

Great idea for local Calgunners to meet and support our next sheriff.

RSVP for two at 6:00.

Mayor McRifle
01-05-2014, 8:52 PM
I live in Stanislaus County, but a San Joaquin County Sheriff's deputy recently told a friend of mine that the current SJ Co. Sheriff will now be giving out CCW permits to just about anyone who applies. It's political, of course, but you might as well strike while the iron is hot.

AcampoJim
01-05-2014, 9:10 PM
"Pat Withrow is firmly my new choice for SJC Sheriff"

IF Withrow gets elected, you might get exactly what you voted for just like this Country did in another recent election.

We shall get no crying when the budgets go bad and cops are getting laid off and parts of the jail are being closed.

IF a CCW issuance determines what Sheriff get elected than WOW!!!

36Ford
01-05-2014, 9:26 PM
AcampoJim, I mean Mr. Moore Welcome to Calguns!:rolleyes:

Paladin
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM

IF Withrow gets elected, you might get exactly what you voted for just like this Country did in another recent election.
Sounds great! From: http://withrowforsheriff.com/index-11.html
I believe that if you have no mental health problems, no criminal background which precludes you from owning a gun, and you have the physical and mental ability to operate a firearm safely, than everyone should have equal access to obtain a Concealed Weapon Permit.

We shall get no crying when the budgets go bad and cops are getting laid off and parts of the jail are being closed.
Fear mongering at best, threatening at worst. :rolleyes:

If that is what Sheriff Moore is willing to risk in order NOT to allow law-abiding county residents the ability to defend themselves outside of their homes, well, that's on his conscience, not ours!

Besides, the state has already released 10,000 prison inmates with no benefit to us, so what's a few hundred more jailbirds in order to get CCWs?

Why should a law-abiding American citizen in CA support ANY candidate for CLEO who REFUSES to allow them to exercise their RKBA for self-defense? Do you honestly believe that we should think Sheriff Moore's political career is MORE IMPORTANT than our ability to protect our and our families' lives? :censored: you! That attitude is a PERFECT example of why many of us view anti-RKBA sheriffs as NOTHING more than "politicians with badges & guns."

Look at the list of examples of Concealed Carry Saving Lives linked in my sig line (and here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=858390). Out of 120+ examples, only a handful could have articulated a specific threat to their lives (i.e., qualified as having "Good Cause" acc. to CA's anti-RKBA sheriffs and the 1977 CA AG's GC opinion). We KNOW we need to carry guns EVEN IF we haven't been threatened and we will not stop fighting, politically and judicially, until we WIN because we live here and we are not going away. CA sheriffs who disagree can get new jobs.

Several years ago, after I got active in this fight, I stopped supporting various LE associations and instead started sending my $$$ to the NRA, SAF, CRPA, CGF and CGN. Since then, whenever a LEO group calls I tell them I will NOT support them until their organization comes out publicly to support "Shall Issue" Right-to-Carry in California for me! I encourage all other CGNers to do the same: only support those who support us.

Out of 50 states, 42 have now gone to "Shall Issue" and they haven't had any problems with it because NOT ONE has gone in the other direction (from Shall Issue to May Issue, or from Shall Issue or May Issue to No Issue).

http://gun-nuttery.com/rtc.gif

Out of the 58 counties in CA, over 35 readily issue CCWs and they have not had any problems with it. Solano, Sacramento, Stanislaus, and Fresno Co sheriffs now readily issue CCWs and have not had problems with it. If Sheriff Moore so hates issuing CCWs to law-abiding citizens that he's willing to risk his job for it, that's his choice -- let him suffer the consequences for it. :chris:

Naturally, if Sheriff Moore should "see the light" and adopt CGF's Model CCW Policy, accept "self-defense" as GC, and accept being legally able to own a handgun as GMC, then CGNers should factor that in whom they support and whom they oppose, just like I'm confident CGF will re. whom they sue. :43:

Rigidarm
01-06-2014, 7:45 AM
Excellent chart Paladin. Thanks for the eye opening information.

Heatseeker
01-06-2014, 6:00 PM
Nice response Paladin!

Maybe Mr. Acampojim would like to elaborate on his comment? What makes you think that Withrow wouldn't be able to get the job done better than Moore, who has done nothing to impress me since his being elected?

Paladin
01-06-2014, 10:44 PM
I just made a post in the CA 2nd Amendment Political Activism forum I thought you guys might be interested in.

I've been contacted via PMs by folks asking for the nearest location to their Bay Area workplace where they can get a CCW. This has also been the subject of more than a few threads. So I expanded upon one of my posts here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=12974509#post12974509
to use as a reference to save me time in replying. My most recent standard answer had been Solano Co, specifically the cities of Vallejo or Benecia. Why?

Vallejo is excellent for folks working in western CoCoCo: Rodeo, Pinole, San Pablo, El Cerrito, even down into Orinda and Berkeley (Alameda Co), depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART.

Benecia is excellent for people working in central CoCoCo: Martinez, Bay Point, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, and Walnut Creek.

Looking over google maps, I now see Rio Vista (also in Solano Co), is excellent for those working in eastern CoCoCo: Pittsburg east to Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, and Discovery Bay.

So RIGHT NOW, pretty much anyone working in CoCoCo north of Moraga-Alamo can get a CCW and have a reasonable commute from Solano Co.

I looked at the map some more and realized if we could get San Joaquin Co to go "virtual Shall Issue" (i.e., liberally issue CCWs), people who work in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Livermore (all in Alameda Co) (again, depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART), as well as people in southern CoCoCo (Alamo, Danville and San Ramon), could live in Tracy and get CCWs. It would also give people working in eastern CoCoCo another option for where to live to get a CCW: Stockton.

Naturally, liberalizing CCW issuance would also benefit the many San Joaquin Co. residents who live & work in that county.

Winning San Joaquin Co means most anyone working in any part of CoCoCo and most people working in most of Alameda Co can get a CCW if they are willing to commute. (A LOT of people are renters nowadays, so moving won't be as bad for them.)

Thus, I think CGNers working in southern & eastern Alameda Co and southern CoCoCo. should get involved with San Joaquin Co CGNers in the 2014 San Joaquin Co sheriff's race to win "virtual Shall Issue" for that county.

Falstaff
01-07-2014, 10:40 AM
I am thinking about applying in san joaquin county, i started the process awhile back but then gave up after hearing all the denials. Do all the same forms, fees, gc statements and instructions still apply? ( as posted back in 2011)

petergriffin
01-11-2014, 8:18 AM
I just got an email from Conservative Republicans of San Joaquin stating on January 20 Sheriff Moore is coming to speak at their dinner. It starts at 7 at Marie Callendars in stockton. 2628 W March Lane, Stockton (at I-5)

It's open to all and would be a great time to publicly question Moore about his anti-2nd Amendment position and why any "conservative" or gun owner should vote for him.

This is probably the easiest activism you could ever do if interested in making a real change in SJ CCW policy.

Paladin
01-11-2014, 7:31 PM
I just got an email from Conservative Republicans of San Joaquin stating on January 20 Sheriff Moore is coming to speak at their dinner. It starts at 7 at Marie Callendars in stockton. 2628 W March Lane, Stockton (at I-5)

It's open to all and would be a great time to publicly question Moore about his anti-2nd Amendment position and why any "conservative" or gun owner should vote for him.

This is probably the easiest activism you could ever do if interested in making a real change in SJ CCW policy.

Any CGNers attending might want to ask him why he doesn't have any info besides the location and ph # for CCWs on his website. Compare his (ck for Concealed Carry Weapons under FAQs at:
http://sjsheriff.org/
to what Solano Co SO has:
http://www.co.solano.ca.us/depts/sheriff/pubinfo/weaponslicense.asp

and Stanislaus has:
Note the "Schedule a CCW Appointment Online" icon that leads you to:
http://scsdonline.com/records/ccw-appointment.html
and under the pull-down menu for "Forms":
http://scsdonline.com/forms/concealed-weapons-permit.html

Hell, even Yolo Co SO, who we're suing in the 9th Cir in the Richards case, has more info on their website:
http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/forms-fees/

Of course, Sacramento SO, who accepts "self-defense" for Good Cause, has a CCW link on their home page that leads to detailed info:
http://www.sacsheriff.com/organization/office_of_the_sheriff/ccw.cfm

Ask him why he won't accept "self-defense" for GC when there haven't been any problems w/it in Mendocino, Sacto, Stanislaus, and Fresno counties, and Solano, Kern and ~30 other counties that readily issue CCWs, or the 42 Shall Issue states (every state except for CA, from the Pacific Ocean east to NY/MD)?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bb/US_State_Concealed_Carry.png/800px-US_State_Concealed_Carry.png

Go thru the list of 120+ CCW incidents linked in my sig line. Only a handful knew someone might want to attack them (usually DV related), and the CCWer is usually a 3rd party witnessing the attack. In the vast majority of cases, the CCWer was not the BG's target, they just happened to be nearby when bad stuff went down. In none of the cases where they were targeted were they carrying "large" sums of money or valuables. They were usually a pizza delivery driver or someone targeted for their wallet, purse or vehicle.

Heatseeker
01-12-2014, 6:34 PM
Questioning Moore on CCW issues would be a waste of breath.

His stance on the subject has been made quite clear by his actions. The common man in his county is not worthy of self preservation. Besides, don't you have a cell phone? Just call his department when your life is being threatened...

petergriffin
01-13-2014, 6:35 AM
@Heatseeker

The point of my post was not to suggest Moore would see the light, but that he has a core group of "conservatives" or GOP fooled into believing he's actually pro-gun.

My inquiry to the president confirmed someones been saying 80-90% of CCW applications are being approved by Moore and any prior reluctance to issue them was based on a "strict" interpretation of a vague rule, which has now been loosened.

Now assuming the posters in this thread aren't all liars and felons, there is a disinfo campaign running at full throttle in order to keep him in.

I'll be there next Monday, and I hope everyone who has posted in this thread will be there too.

Paladin
01-13-2014, 7:11 AM
@Heatseeker

The point of my post was not to suggest Moore would see the light, but that he has a core group of "conservatives" or GOP fooled into believing he's actually pro-gun.That is often the case. These "politicians w/badges & guns" present themselves in the way that is most appealing to their audience, whoever that is.

My inquiry to the president confirmed someones been saying 80-90% of CCW applications are being approved by Moore and any prior reluctance to issue them was based on a "strict" interpretation of a vague rule, which has now been loosened.
Oh, yeah? Have him PROVE IT by making the changes to the San Joaquin SO website that I suggested in post #720, on page 18. Then, and ONLY THEN, should CGNers think that he MAY have actually changed his beliefs and practices.

Speaking of practices: to see how he's ACTUALLY practiced re. issuing CCWs, see the Calguns Foundation's survey of CCW issuance throughout the state, with stats from 2011-2013 here:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/carry-initiative/reports/cgf_carry-license-report-2013.pdf

Now assuming the posters in this thread aren't all liars and felons, there is a disinfo campaign running at full throttle in order to keep him in. I would NOT be surprised. Remember: a lot of these sheriffs are little more then "politicians w/badges & guns." Keep that in mind when dealing with them.

I'll be there next Monday, and I hope everyone who has posted in this thread will be there too.I support you guys in the fight, but I can see the SF Bay when I look out my window.... I just try to help CGNers around the state drag this state into the 20th century by issuing CCWs.

But you can ask him one thing for me. Ask him why he requires anything more than mere "self-defense" as Good Cause. The state law does NOT define Good Cause. He is NOT required to follow the 1977 CA AG's opinion as to the Good Cause standard. Mendocino, Sacramento, Stanislaus, and Fresno county sheriffs accept mere self-defense and they haven't had ANY problems with CCWs. 42 out of 50 states do not even require Good Cause. Why does he REFUSE to accept mere self-defense as Good Cause?

Bad Guys carry guns anyway. He's only keeping law-abiding residents from carrying them.

FatCity67
01-13-2014, 7:27 AM
He is slippery and a very astute politician well entrenched in local political circles and well liked within the old guard Republican ranks of this county as well as the Valleycrats who contribute oodles of money to his campaign and afford him alot of political cover. Of which CCW's is very small issue with them.

Everyone who goes to this event I suggest you showup in business casual attire not jeans and RKBA tee shirts.

Just my opinon but it's a waste of time to try and corner him on this issue one on one public. If you dont handle this correctly it will solidify many "conservatives" support for him instead of driving the wedge in their support.

Also he will probably make political promises to go shall issue like Sacramento County only to do an about face after the election because of further considerations.

Moore is probably looking to make a run as a State Representative or Senate for this area after his law career is over. Understand that lots of big money interests that call themselves Republicans arn't as interested in your RKBA CCW rights as they are at getting their guy into office.

You need to think political guerrilla tactics with this guy. Frontal confrontations won't work.

Meh, my two cents YMMV.

Paladin
01-13-2014, 8:07 AM
He is slippery and a very astute politician well entrenched in local political circles and well liked within the old guard Republican ranks of this county as well as the Valleycrats who contribute oodles of money to his campaign and afford him alot of political cover. Of which CCW's is very small issue with them.Typical. They probably already have their CCWs or don't care about our RKBA, just care about making more $$$ for themselves....

Everyone who goes to this event I suggest you showup in business casual attire not jeans and RKBA tee shirts.MegaDittos!

Just my opinon but it's a waste of time to try and corner him on this issue one on one public. If you dont handle this correctly it will solidify many "conservatives" support for him instead of driving the wedge in their support.Disagree. "Corner" him, just don't "confront" him. Don't make it seem like an angry, hateful attack, just a polite, persistent trying to get him to explain why he does not accept mere self-defense as GC when Sacto does and hasn't had any problem w/it and Sacto has issued 10X the number of CCWs as he has!
http://calgunsfoundation.org/carry-initiative/reports/cgf_carry-license-report-2013.pdf

Sacto SO says IN WRITING, basically, that self-defense is presumptively adequate Good Cause, but that presumption may be trumped by other considerations.

Self-defense may be considered good cause for the issuance of a permit, however, each application is unique and the Sheriff retains the ability to deny permit applications where it appears that doing so is in the interest of public safety
From: http://www.sacsheriff.com/organization/office_of_the_sheriff/images/ccw_process.pdf

Why won't he do the same and post it on his SO's website???

Also he will probably make political promises to go shall issue like Sacramento County only to do an about face after the election because of further considerations.
That's why this might be the IDEAL TIME TO APPLY for a CCW! Play the game to YOUR individual advantage as you're trying to improve things for the entire county.

Moore is probably looking to make a run as a State Representative or Senate for this area after his law career is over. Understand that lots of big money interests that call themselves Republicans arn't as interested in your RKBA CCW rights as they are at getting their guy into office. Yep, like I mentioned at top: greed, er, "ambition" is considered a virtue by many Repubs....

You need to think political guerrilla tactics with this guy. Frontal confrontations won't work.Don't be confrontational, just be polite and professional and box him in. That's right: Do NOT give him wiggle room to pull the wool over the audience's eyes.

If you're sweet and allow him to wiggle off the hook, you've lost your chance and you might as well have not even shown up.

petergriffin
01-13-2014, 8:55 AM
Not looking for a protest, just direct questions about why he won't issue CCW permits on the basis of self-defense; why is SJ only central valley county that has this policy, etc.

This is a "conservative" event so I'd like to assume a significant portion of attendees will be perturbed that a speaker is anti-gun and don't realize that's his background.

If you have a pending app, or have been denied, I think your question would be powerful, so please consider attending.

pointerman
01-13-2014, 2:48 PM
License stats are likely going to show inflated as he makes his next run for office. Just received my license with enough restrictions to make it useless. Very interested in removing this Sheriff from office.

FatCity67
01-13-2014, 8:31 PM
License stats are likely going to show inflated as he makes his next run for office. Just received my license with enough restrictions to make it useless. Very interested in removing this Sheriff from office.

Bingo.

Ask Mr. Combs what it's like to deal with this Sheriff.

All good points BTW Paladin, however in this instance based on my personal experience its all academic.

Sounds defeatist but it's not. I'll devote my energies into fund raisers, support and glad handing for Withrow.

Paladin
01-13-2014, 10:05 PM
All good points BTW Paladin, however in this instance based on my personal experience its all academic.

Sounds defeatist but it's not. I'll devote my energies into fund raisers, support and glad handing for Withrow.While you may not get the Sheriff to change his position by showing up and asking these questions, you may undermine his support among the audience, decreasing the amount of time, money, and manpower he'll be able to raise from them, weakening him and making him more vulnerable to losing the election. :43:

Heatseeker
01-14-2014, 4:48 AM
@Heatseeker

The point of my post was not to suggest Moore would see the light, but that he has a core group of "conservatives" or GOP fooled into believing he's actually pro-gun.

Now assuming the posters in this thread aren't all liars and felons, there is a disinfo campaign running at full throttle in order to keep him in.

I'll be there next Monday, and I hope everyone who has posted in this thread will be there too.
I hope I didn't come off as a smart***. That was not my intent at all.

Having dealt with this man during the application process, I really have no use for him. He is nothing more than a slick politico riding the gravy train.

I do appreciate what you are trying to do by questioning him in front of some supporters. I hope it works~!

blown57due
01-14-2014, 9:36 AM
As a member of the SJCo. Farm Bureau, I contacted them a couple days ago and asked how they determine who they will endorse in upcoming elections. They have a 16 member panel that interviews canditates and then may endorse one of them. Thet said member requests have some impact, and any member that contacts them will have their request forwarded to the panel. We need all the endorsements for Pat we can get.
Anyone that is a member or knows members needs to contact the SJCo. Farm Bureau and let them know we endorse Pat Withrow,

k6withrow
01-15-2014, 8:02 AM

Hello everyone and thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. I'm sorry I have been on for awhile but as you can imagine I've been very busy. I did want to address "AcampoJim" post. In recent elections, the past 8 years, we have been stuck with Sheriff Moore. In that time he has wasted over 9 million dollars on planning a jail that would have bankrupted our county. How many cops would that 9mil put on the streets. He laid off numerous CO's, I guess they don't count in your eyes, and many of our vital civilian staff. He didn't lay off deputies only because we gave up raises and left 50 plus deputy positions unfilled. We saved those jobs...not him. This left us willfully understaffed on the streets but Mr. Moore kept his Undersheriff, two assistant sheriff's, his personal driver and his personal lobbyist. And by the way CCW's are not going to determine this election but the are a sign of how unsafe our citizens feel with Mr. Moore's leadership and no one man has the right to keep good citizens from protecting themselves, their families and their neighbors.

It's time we take our department back, our streets back and make San Joaquin County the safest place in the country. Sorry for the rant folks

k6withrow
01-15-2014, 8:08 AM
For those of you who have been asking how they can help or how you can get signs, please just e-mail me at Patrick@withrowforsheriff.com and give me your info and we will get signs or information to you. You can also contact me via phone 603-3780 if you wish to speak to me in person. Its best to call me after work. If I can't answer I will call you back.

I would like to say that this election is going to come down to getting our message out so please, if you like what you hear or read, tell friends and family and make sure we GET OUT TO VOTE. Thanks again!!

Heatseeker
01-15-2014, 8:34 AM
For those of you who have been asking how they can help or how you can get signs, please just e-mail me at Patrick@withrowforsheriff.com and give me your info and we will get signs or information to you. You can also contact me via phone 603-3780 if you wish to speak to me in person. Its best to call me after work. If I can't answer I will call you back.

I would like to say that this election is going to come down to getting our message out so please, if you like what you hear or read, tell friends and family and make sure we GET OUT TO VOTE. Thanks again!!
I'm a step ahead of you.:rolleyes: You are arranging for a yard sign and should be attending a Neighborhood Watch meeting in Lathrop soon!

Rigidarm
01-15-2014, 6:17 PM
Just got back from the Pat Withrow campaign dinner and it was great. Thanks to the kitchen folks behind the scenes for the nice evening.

Jsalud
01-16-2014, 1:08 AM

Ill def make sure I make it out to the ballots. Best of luck to you sir.

Heatseeker
02-06-2014, 7:20 PM
I just had a very encouraging conversation with Pat Withrow. He attended our Neighborhood Watch meeting. 2nd amendment issues aside, he has a very good plan to bring our county back to being a safe place for our families. I really like his energy and his approach to the problems that plague our county.

Vote for Pat Withrow for Sheriff!

CL&RR
02-13-2014, 12:10 PM
The Federal 9th Circuit has just ruled that Sheriff Moores antics of not offering CCWs is unconstitutional. What now Sheriff.

mdib870
02-13-2014, 6:49 PM
So does this mean I can go to my local sheriff tomorrow and apply for my ccw?

Heatseeker
02-14-2014, 5:57 AM
The Federal 9th Circuit has just ruled that Sheriff Moores antics of not offering CCWs is unconstitutional. What now Sheriff.

Now he'll use 'good moral character' against us. This will doubtfully have any effect on Moore or his decision making on this issue. He is in charge and he decides, period. If you have ever spoke with him, you know what I'm talking about.

Your best bet is to vote Moore out. Withrow is a very solid 2nd supporter with a much broader crime fighting vision. Tell your friends.

Liebelt1
02-14-2014, 6:33 AM
From Fox40...

However, the San Joaquin County Sheriff released this statement:

“Today, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled to eliminate the ‘good cause’ requirement from California’s concealed weapons statutes. Applicants must still meet the other requirements including ‘good moral character.’ Due to the potential for further appeal, the current status of this ruling is unclear. However, it is Sheriff Steve Moore’s position that he will follow any changes in the law.“

Read more: http://fox40.com/2014/02/13/in-a-victory-for-gun-advocates-court-tosses-part-of-concealed-firearms-law/#ixzz2tJKcqobP

Heatseeker
02-14-2014, 7:35 AM
What'd I say?

Moore is a lost cause.

bcortez
02-15-2014, 2:11 PM
I was going through my CCW packet from San Joaquin County today and noticed that there is still the "Good cause" section in it, and was wonder if I should bypass that portion or state my desire to protect my family. In lite of the new court ruling I figured I'd take the chance of turning in my APP. Any help would be appreciated.

GSF44Mag
02-15-2014, 2:53 PM
How can I get a Withrow Bumpersticker, or 3?

3of9
02-15-2014, 3:01 PM
I try e-mailing Pat on the 28th for some yard sign but have not heard from him yet . Im worry because I see more and more Moore signs every where in Stockton. Im not sure how else to get his signs or info to pass out to people.

GlockGuy
02-16-2014, 12:52 AM
I too emailed volunteering my yard for a sign and haven't heard anything. I figure they will get to it.

Rigidarm
02-16-2014, 8:48 PM
I try e-mailing Pat on the 28th for some yard sign but have not heard from him yet . Im worry because I see more and more Moore signs every where in Stockton. Im not sure how else to get his signs or info to pass out to people.

Pat Withrow and his team are out every weekend working and meeting everyone they can. To help or put up signs call his cell at: 603-3780

Best to call after work hours. He'll be appreciative that you want to help.

Heatseeker
02-17-2014, 8:53 AM
I was going through my CCW packet from San Joaquin County today and noticed that there is still the "Good cause" section in it, and was wonder if I should bypass that portion or state my desire to protect my family. In lite of the new court ruling I figured I'd take the chance of turning in my APP. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep us informed as to how your application process goes. It will be interesting to see what reason Moore gives for denials now.

Zamble
02-21-2014, 8:51 PM
I called and talked to a lady in the CCW dept. She told me they withdrew all the old apps and are re-writing it. Said that they should be released this week past.

Nor*Cal
02-21-2014, 8:54 PM
I called and talked to a lady in the CCW dept. She told me they withdrew all the old apps and are re-writing it. Said that they should be released this week past.

I was thinking of filling out the standard DOJ application and dropping it off. Wonder is they would accept it. Not sure why they need to crate their own apps.