PDA

View Full Version : Mono -- Good Cause statements available

obeygiant
10-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Mono County CCW Policy, Good Cause statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/114-mono)

dantodd
11-21-2010, 9:59 PM
Mono County GC statements are up.

http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/114-mono

hoffmang
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I love "N/A".

-Gene

dantodd
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
And some just left blank.

Blackhawk556
11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah what's up with that? N/a???

The funniest one I read was something along the lines of "my biggest concern is being in LA during an earthquake And the anarchy that will follow" LOL. I can't believe that was accepted

As soon as the madera initiative comes up, I'm submitting my application. I've gone through live scan before so I know my background is good :)

El Gato
11-30-2010, 6:40 PM
as one of the folks who supplies training for Mono...

it is one of the best counties we work with....great folks...the Sheriff's office is just awesome....

go Mono...

Foriegn power
12-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Glad to hear this, Mammoth is a beautiful place to fish and hike and a great place to pack a pistol.

cybordolphin
07-29-2011, 8:14 PM
How is the new chief of police in Mammoth? I believe he transferred up from PASADENA. Does anyone know how he feels about CCW? How was Pasadena for CCW a few years ago while he was down there?

The new chief of police is a Mr. Dan Watson. I may want to apply for a CCW but don't want to be a test subject and deal with a declination from this guy. I understand that ALL CCW MUST pass throught the cheif of police up here.... rather than through the sheriff.

Anyone have any input?

five.ten
08-17-2011, 8:12 AM
How is the new chief of police in Mammoth? I believe he transferred up from PASADENA. Does anyone know how he feels about CCW? How was Pasadena for CCW a few years ago while he was down there?

The new chief of police is a Mr. Dan Watson. I may want to apply for a CCW but don't want to be a test subject and deal with a declination from this guy. I understand that ALL CCW MUST pass throught the cheif of police up here.... rather than through the sheriff.

Anyone have any input?

As I understand it, Richard Scholl's policy (Mono County Sheriff) is that if you live within the town limits of Mammoth, you should apply first with the town PD. The idea being that they are more likely to know of your character and reputation. If you are denied, he would then look at your application. If you live in the county, then you should apply with the SO.

I am currently beginning the process with the town. Just need to figure out a training class sometime after hunting season is over.

hoffmang
08-17-2011, 4:59 PM
As I understand it, Richard Scholl's policy (Mono County Sheriff) is that if you live within the town limits of Mammoth, you should apply first with the town PD. The idea being that they are more likely to know of your character and reputation. If you are denied, he would then look at your application. If you live in the county, then you should apply with the SO.

That requirement is unlawful.

-Gene