PDA

View Full Version : Inyo

obeygiant
10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Inyo County CCW Policy, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/102-inyo)

VAReact
10-27-2010, 2:40 PM
Listed as "green" on the CCW state chart, but it looks like there's some (illegal) hoops to jump through...

-want applicant to submit "proof of ownership and registration" on any CCW weapon

-want applicant to submit AT LEAST three signed letters of character reference from non-relatives

-applicant MAY have to submit to polygraph testing if there are any "discrepancies" in the application or background investigation

-applicant will have to present weapon(s) in consideration for serial number verification

I'd like a permit, but I'm not sure I really feel like jumping through these hoops right now; hopefully this will get taken care of soon for a much smoother CCW process.

Gray Peterson
10-27-2010, 3:46 PM
Well, if you have any other person in Inyo who want to sponsor, have them sponsor.

eshunt
07-19-2011, 8:03 AM
I just went through the process in Inyo County. I did submit the three letters of reference. I did not have to present my weapons for inspection or supply proof of ownership or registration. It really was an easy application process. It was only 4 weeks from time I turned in application to getting interview and issuing of the permit. Everyone I talked with at the ICSO was very helpful and professional.

I had originally downloaded the packet linked to in the first post to use as a worksheet. The packet that I used to apply I recieved from the ICSO and it had changed slightly from the one above.