PDA

View Full Version : Glenn -- Good Cause statements available

obeygiant
10-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Glenn County CCW Policy, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/99-glenn)

dantodd
11-17-2010, 1:58 AM
The Good Cause Statements for Glenn County are now available on the CalGuns Foundation website:

http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/99-glenn

Blackhawk556
11-22-2010, 1:26 AM
Self defense seems reasonable here

BusBoy
11-22-2010, 9:08 AM
Looking through GC statements from other counties and while reading these from Glenn it seems that these people were coached at some point. Its obvious that the statement "to comply with state law" was "suggested" to the people filling out these forms.

Now if Glenn was a shall issue county and the sheriff was helping them firm up their GC statements, cool!! but it does seem strange. I mean you can tell that some added the phrase after the fact completely.

Casual_Shooter
11-22-2010, 9:11 AM
Why were some referring to the applicant v.s. the applicant speaking for themselves?

sighere
11-22-2010, 9:30 AM
Makes me sick. LA sux

BusBoy
11-22-2010, 9:34 AM
no not at all... go read the GC statements it just seems odd that a lot of them are worded with "to comply with state law" I mean I can under stand "personal protection" being a catch phrase that everyones aware of... but "to comply with state law"? seems strange to me thats all.

dantodd
11-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, I'm a gunna carry anyhows so I might as well comply with the silly state law by gettin' one of them permits.

Blackhawk556
11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Is it me or does the "to comply with state law" seem to have been written by the same person on some applications?
One application contains "to comply with state law" and that's it. Later on, on another application the applicant writes their good cause and is followed by "to comply with state law" which seem to have been written by the same person as in the previous app

dantodd
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Pg. 13 of the standardized DOJ CCW application is actually a page for "interviewer notes" most agencies request that you bring in your "good cause" written on a separate piece of paper and the officer doing the interview will write down your good cause as well as any other reason that he is able to help you define.

ubet
02-17-2011, 7:34 AM
Is the psych and medical evals a mandatory for glenn? Do I understand correctly that they want you to take a law and ethics course on top of the normal cert course?

Gray Peterson
02-17-2011, 8:05 AM
Is the psych and medical evals a mandatory for glenn? Do I understand correctly that they want you to take a law and ethics course on top of the normal cert course?

As long as both courses as a combined total do not require more than 16 hours, they can require that.

Kid Stanislaus
02-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Was there a new sheriff elected there recently? I don't recall this being a requirement in the past.

ubet
03-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello, long story short, I went into the Glenn county sheriffs office to look at obtaining a Glenn county CCW. Well I see that they require 3 signed character references, is this legal, I didnt think it was.

Long story short, I dont have to get a ccw here, I can keep it in my original county, because I am only here for work for the time being, and am keeping a primary residence in my original issuing county.

So is this legal or not, thanks.

Ubet

NotEnufGarage
03-26-2011, 11:00 AM
No. There was a post recently about someone getting San Diego County to remove that requirement since it is not legal.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=413398

chaseface
03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=413398

chaseface
03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
not fast enough haha

ubet
03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Saw that, after the fact. So maybe I will email them and let them know?

NotEnufGarage
03-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Saw that, after the fact. So maybe I will email them and let them know?

Good plan. Just follow the posters guidelines in the other thread. Keep it respectful. Remember that the person responding to your email probably isn't the person who makes the decisions. Keep it simple, and just state the facts.

Good luck to you.

meaty-btz
03-02-2013, 9:15 PM
Looks like I may be moving to Hamilton City from Chico, which means a move over the county line. I'd hate to lose my LTC but the info linked above is a dead link. Is Glenn County considered no-issue then?

And Butte was so easy. This patchwork quilt of issuance is madness.

meaty-btz
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Ok managed to get to the working Glenn data site, the local policies PDF is blank. Anyone know if there is any action here?