PDA

View Full Version : Alpine -- Good Cause statements available

obeygiant
10-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Alpine County CCW Policy, Good Cause statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/91-alpine)

obeygiant
12-06-2010, 7:31 PM
Alpine GC statements available Here (http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/resources/ccw-initiative/91-alpine)

Blackhawk556
12-08-2010, 9:46 AM
hardly any statements.

does that mean they have only issued about 5 CCWs?
or can the county only release what ever they feel like releasing??

Blackhawk556
12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Alpine county has about 1100 residents. That's about 10,000 times fewer than Los Angeles county (in round numbers). In 2007, they issued 16 CCW permits. From that viewpoint, five is not a surprising number.

where are those 16 good cause statements?

is cgf only requesting a small number of statements then?

dantodd
12-08-2010, 4:12 PM
where are those 16 good cause statements?

is cgf only requesting a small number of statements then?

CGF is requesting everything. What we get varies and with 58 sheriffs and limited resources follow up on mismatched numbers etc. is not going to happen instantly and in some cases we may not get everything we are asking for just because of follow-up time, money etc.

fullrearview
12-11-2010, 12:41 AM
CGF is requesting everything. What we get varies and with 58 sheriffs and limited resources follow up on mismatched numbers etc. is not going to happen instantly and in some cases we may not get everything we are asking for just because of follow-up time, money etc.

Getting a ccw in Alpine is not an issue. The Sheriff is pro 2A. I think he has only denied two and revoked one since becoming Sheriff. (I think) The two applied as people who work in Alpine....Painting portraits TWO days a year.:rolleyes:

(I think) The revoked one was due to a guy getting DUI's and posing as an LEO.

Personally, I think CGF would be better spending the time and money on the harder counties.

obeygiant
12-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Getting a ccw in Alpine is not an issue. The Sheriff is pro 2A. I think he has only denied two and revoked one since becoming Sheriff. (I think) The two applied as people who work in Alpine....Painting portraits TWO days a year.:rolleyes:

(I think) The revoked one was due to a guy getting DUI's and posing as an LEO.

Personally, I think CGF would be better spending the time and money on the harder counties.
Having spoken to a number of Sheriff's during the course of this, I can say that there are indeed a number of really good Sheriff's out there. Even though they may be Pro-2A/CCW, they still may not be following the law when it comes to the department policy, fees and or procedure. Alpine County, for example, is using the Lexipol policy and there are several issues in it that need to be fixed. Alpine is not alone in this regard as many of the counties are using this exact policy.

fullrearview
12-11-2010, 8:43 AM
Having spoken to a number of Sheriff's during the course of this, I can say that there are indeed a number of really good Sheriff's out there. Even though they may be Pro-2A/CCW, they still may not be following the law when it comes to the department policy, fees and or procedure. Alpine County, for example, is using the Lexipol policy and there are several issues in it that need to be fixed. Alpine is not alone in this regard as many of the counties are using this exact policy.

Ahh. Gotcha.

fullrearview
12-11-2010, 8:46 AM
So who is using the correct policy??

NVFD
12-18-2010, 6:22 AM
Will the Alpine Sheriff consider issuing to applicants from neighboring Douglas County (Nevada). I'm in Alpine County several days a week, travel, backcountry etc and have a NV permit issued in Douglas County.

Thanks

Gray Peterson
12-18-2010, 6:40 AM
Will the Alpine Sheriff consider issuing to applicants from neighboring Douglas County (Nevada). I'm in Alpine County several days a week, travel, backcountry etc and have a NV permit issued in Douglas County.

Thanks

Not at this time. They are bound by current state law not to issue to someone like you (I'm in the same boat).

Gray Peterson
12-20-2010, 8:50 AM
So who is using the correct policy??

San Mateo County, surprisingly enough.

There's a few more joining those ranks soon. Can't wait for January.....

Paladin
12-20-2010, 11:46 AM
There's a few more joining those ranks soon. Can't wait for January.....Would that be January 1st? The first weekday after 1 Jan? Or whatever date the new sheriffs take office?

wildhawker
12-20-2010, 12:00 PM
To clarify, SM's policy is only correct as-applied...

fullrearview
12-22-2010, 12:19 AM
San Mateo County, surprisingly enough.

There's a few more joining those ranks soon. Can't wait for January.....

Edit...Saw Wildhawkers post.....What is wrong with San Mateo's?

fullrearview
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Not at this time. They are bound by current state law not to issue to someone like you (I'm in the same boat).

Correct me if im wrong, but aren't there some circumstance that allow it? Business owner????