PDA

View Full Version : Is This Ruger On the Cali Approved List?

doc540
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
need to know before I post it in the classifieds

1960 Single Six

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/Ruger%20Single%20Six/1960/DSCN2775-2.jpg

thnx

rubdub
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I believe consignments and PPTs are exempt from "the list."

Paul S
10-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Not trying to be snarky...but why not check for yourself...
If your Google fu is bad today...here's a link for you...

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

ETA :also...see that rubdub.made another excellent point which I had not considered.

JSolie
10-14-2010, 12:49 PM
You might want to double check, but aren't single action revolvers exempt from the list?

bballwizard05
10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I believe consignments and PPTs are exempt from "the list."

I am unsure about this from out of state, because it would have to go through an FFL... and if it is "off list" it cannot come into state. HOWEVER I am almost certain single actions are exempt from the list. 99% positive.

CEDaytonaRydr
10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
You might want to double check, but aren't single action revolvers exempt from the list?

Yes...

Although, some shops will still refuse to transfer them... :rolleyes:

Same with some C&R handguns that are not listed.

Quiet
10-14-2010, 2:18 PM
Single-action revolvers that meet a minimum barrel & overall length are exempt from the approved list. [PC 12133(a)]

Penal Code 12133
(a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-action revolver that has at least a 5-cartridge capacity with a barrel length of not less than three inches, and meets any of the following specifications:
(1) Was originally manufactured prior to 1900 and is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(2) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least 7 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.
(3) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least 7 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled and that is currently approved for importation into the United States pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of Section 925 of Title 18 of the United States Code.

doc540
10-15-2010, 7:25 AM
Single-action revolvers that meet a minimum barrel & overall length are exempt from the approved list. [PC 12133(a)]

Penal Code 12133
(a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-action revolver that has at least a 5-cartridge capacity with a barrel length of not less than three inches, and meets any of the following specifications:
(1) Was originally manufactured prior to 1900 and is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(2) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least 7 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.
(3) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least 7 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled and that is currently approved for importation into the United States pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of Section 925 of Title 18 of the United States Code.

Thanks for a simple, straight answer. :thumbsup: