PDA

View Full Version : High points are cr*p!!!

hawkeye
10-13-2010, 6:16 PM
Here is the proof! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg) (<<<<CLICK)

I'm surprised how well these guys did the review, seeing as I don't usually watch a full video like that. It helps these guys were pretty humorous. I was surprised after both the blue and red pills, the nine still ran pretty good. Can't really say I like the peep-hole sights on the nine millimeter...

For $150, hi-points are definitely worth considering!

Any calgunners have any experience with hi point?

RollingCode3
10-13-2010, 6:29 PM
Do a search on this topic. We have numerous topics on this subject. Either you like it or you hate it. There is no middle ground for HI-POINT handgun

evidens83
10-13-2010, 6:37 PM
Trained proffesionals alright lol...

855R
10-13-2010, 7:00 PM
I'm highly intrigued by these. It is completely based on up front cost though. I think one is in my future in the next year or so.

bsg
10-13-2010, 7:03 PM
there is a forum for owners of the Hi-Point for those that are interested....

Colt-45
10-13-2010, 7:44 PM
Looks like the type of gun PREDATOR would have as a sidearm. It's inter galactical looking, the gun of the future. Get yours while they're still dirt cheap.

zoglog
10-13-2010, 7:49 PM
Do a search on this topic. We have numerous topics on this subject. Either you like it or you hate it. There is no middle ground for HI-POINT handgun

Nope, I'm pretty middle ground on it. It's functional and well priced. But it's ugly as hell. Pretty much evens out in the end.

Shenaniguns
10-13-2010, 7:57 PM
Here is the proof! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg) (<<<<CLICK)

I'm surprised how well these guys did the review, seeing as I don't usually watch a full video like that. It helps these guys were pretty humorous. I was surprised after both the blue and red pills, the nine still ran pretty good. Can't really say I like the peep-hole sights on the nine millimeter...

You think that was a good review? :rolleyes: I like how he sweeps the camera guy around 6:30 too. Find people more qualified to review firearms in a safe manner, and better ones as well. Try out www.pistol-training.com (http://www.pistol-training.com) for starters.

RollingCode3
10-13-2010, 8:06 PM
Nope, I'm pretty middle ground on it. It's functional and well priced. But it's ugly as hell. Pretty much evens out in the end.

Good for you. My life is worth more than $150. There are much better options out there. I am not going to buy a gun that "I will not shoot". :p

five.five-six
10-13-2010, 8:13 PM
10.5 grains of bulseye with a 125 grain projectile and a chunk of brass jambed in the barrel? :eek:

and it still runs.... wow!

ZenDaddy
10-13-2010, 8:15 PM
This should be fun....
:lurk5:

Kodemonkey
10-13-2010, 8:16 PM
Is it true you can't remove the slide to clean it?

Shenaniguns
10-13-2010, 8:18 PM
This should be fun....
:lurk5:

You enjoy disposable guns which is your choice, sweeping the camera man like I pointed out looks bad for all gun owners.

Shenaniguns
10-13-2010, 8:19 PM

I think by the time it gets that dirty, it needs to be replaced :D

morfeeis
10-13-2010, 8:27 PM
Not true at all, you can brak the whole thing down to clean it, although the pin is a pain in the neck to get out the first few times ( no feild strip option).

You cant tell me thats not a nice looking pinky (C9)
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm160/morfeeis/DSC04056.jpg

855R
10-13-2010, 8:40 PM
Good for you. My life is worth more than $150. There are much better options out there. I am not going to buy a gun that "I will not shoot". :p

Who I ask is going to trust their life on this gun? Its a tackle box gun, not a bump in the night weapon. When the zombies are attacking and you have the one friend show up that always says your dumb for having so much gun stuff, but needs one RIGHT now that will be the one I send him off with. Thats what it's good for.

hawkeye
10-13-2010, 8:43 PM
You think that was a good review? :rolleyes: I like how he sweeps the camera guy around 6:30 too. Find people more qualified to review firearms in a safe manner, and better ones as well. Try out www.pistol-training.com (http://www.pistol-training.com) for starters.
I find it a good torture test because they tortured them pretty good and at the same time I was thoroughly entertained.

Kodemonkey
10-13-2010, 8:45 PM
Not true at all, you can brak the whole thing down to clean it, although the pin is a pain in the neck to get out the first few times ( no feild strip option).

There was a woman at IDPA with one and she had told me you had to send it to the factory. She was visiting from Wyoming and it was her "truck gun". I guess she didn't read the manual - I thought it was a little odd.

Shenaniguns
I find it a good torture test because they tortured them pretty good and at the same time I was thoroughly entertained.

That test is a joke, try this one which eclipses it by 100
http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

BlooDSMeaR
I have a hi point, It is cheap in feeling but does the same job as the $2k dollar guns do.
I have about 5k rounds through mine and it works. best bang for the buck IMO.

hawkeye
10-13-2010, 8:54 PM

I've seen that one before, but whats the point if they only got the Glock review?

five.five-six
10-13-2010, 8:54 PM
:iagree: here here! someone had to say it :iagree:

personally I carry $500,000.00 in life insurance, and I refuse to buy a gun worth less than that [/stupid things you can say on the inerweb]

1forall
10-13-2010, 8:59 PM
Hi-Point = $2k gun....that's a bold statement.

Rhythm of Life
10-13-2010, 9:05 PM

I've seen that one before, but whats the point if they only got the Glock review?

Exactly, if you only do it to one gun how will you know how others compare?

Shenaniguns
10-13-2010, 9:06 PM

What's the point of the hi-point only review then? :confused: BTW, there's a USP in there.

Shenaniguns
10-13-2010, 9:07 PM
Exactly, if you only do it to one gun how will you know how others compare?

You're free to rent a plane and drop whatever gun you want out, or shoot it with a .22 etc...

hawkeye
10-13-2010, 9:12 PM
What's the point of the hi-point only review then? :confused: BTW, there's a USP in there.
The point of me reposting the review and torture test here was to show not only the famously reliable GLOCK is hardcore, but also the $150 "POS" can also stand the heat.

five.five-six
10-13-2010, 9:12 PM
but then you are still stuck owning a glock

45DAVID1
10-13-2010, 9:17 PM
Hi-points are ghettofantabulastic.

To own one you must meet 4 certain criterea:
1. Be ghetto
2. Be ghetto
3. Be ghetto
and
4. Be ghetto
http://i49.tinypic.com/nys0v5.jpg

hawkeye
10-13-2010, 9:21 PM
but then you are still stuck owning a glock

Whats wrong with non 40 caliber Glawks?:confused:

855R
10-13-2010, 9:21 PM
Hi-points are ghettofantabulastic.

To own one you must meet 4 certain criterea:
1. Be ghetto
2. Be ghetto
3. Be ghetto
and
4. Be ghetto
http://i49.tinypic.com/nys0v5.jpg

Word to your granny!

Fot
10-13-2010, 9:28 PM
I keep one in my boat for emergencies.... never know when one will need an anchor quick.;)

five.five-six
10-13-2010, 9:35 PM
Whats wrong with non 40 caliber Glawks?:confused:

well, they are ugly for starters, and prone to stoppages.. personally, my life is worth more than $600 and i refuse to buy a gun that I won't shoot

but they are great for keeping important papers from blowing a way in a wind storm

hawkeye
10-13-2010, 9:48 PM
well, they are ugly for starters, and prone to stoppages.. personally, my life is worth more than $600 and i refuse to buy a gun that I won't shoot

but they are great for keeping important papers from blowing a way in a wind storm

personally I carry $500,000.00 in life insurance, and I refuse to buy a gun worth less than that [/stupid things you can say on the inerweb]

Ahh...I see its the solid gold Model 29 for you...;)

Sionadi
10-13-2010, 9:49 PM
I like them better than glocks! :p

bombadillo
10-13-2010, 9:50 PM
"Hahahahaha, you got cow crap all over you man"

:Rofl2:

Funny Vid man. Tells me that for a buck and a half, I can get a cheapo gun that won't crap out on me.

iareConfusE
10-13-2010, 9:53 PM
Lol I don't think anybody expects to use the Hi-Point at a life saving gun. I would use this gun for nothing more than a fun plinker, that's it. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. A gun with a lifetime warranty for around $150 or less? It's not like you're restricted to only owning one gun at a time. Buy however many life saving guns you want, and use the Hi-Point just to dick around when you need a little variety in your life for a low price.

five.five-six
10-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Ahh...I see its the solid gold Model 29 for you...;)

I own some rather expensive guns, and i had a highpoint, the only reason I sold it is that a neighbor of mine needed a cheep reliable gun

when glock snobs lambaste hipoint owners, I fart in their general direction.... shoot what you shoot

ZenDaddy
10-13-2010, 10:11 PM
I own a Glock and a Hi-point..... Should I feel conflicted somehow? Get a little couch time? A little range therapy?:Pirate:

JTsanchez
10-13-2010, 10:14 PM

Why disgrace the ruger and put that "gun" in the same picture?

DannyInSoCal
10-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Already got a G30SF - Waiting for DD Ranch to get the HiPoint .45 Carbines in.

Looks fun as hell to blast - And at less than $400 - I just might get one for each arm...

morfeeis
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Some of you folks need to grow the he'll up, it almost sounds like a playground in here. Hipoint meet a market gap, they are low cost firearms that work. I dare anyone of the hipoint challenge stand 30 yards down range of of one in the hands of a skilled shooter.

It's not the toll it's the user ( for the most part).

Rhythm of Life
10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
You're free to rent a plane and drop whatever gun you want out, or shoot it with a .22 etc...

Thats not the point. The point is you assume this one gun is God because it withstood a test that no one else has even bothered with.

Not talking trash on Glocks, just saying its always better to get both sides of a story.

Arondos
10-14-2010, 1:02 AM
It is cheap, ugly, top heavy and never going to win any beauty contests but my C9 works. Got almost 2k rounds through it and it has been 800 since my last malfunction. Yes I started keeping track after reading all the hi point threads. Oh and it has never been taken apart and cleaned, I punch the barrel and clean what I can get to.

STAGE 2
10-14-2010, 1:50 AM
Hipoint meet a market gap

Yup. And thats their selling point. When the price is the best and only selling feature of a gun that says loads about the gun.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/STAGE-2/hipointqw9.jpg

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 5:26 AM

Right that sounds like a typical Glock, pretty weak trolling right there.

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 5:31 AM
Thats not the point. The point is you assume this one gun is God because it withstood a test that no one else has even bothered with.

Not talking trash on Glocks, just saying its always better to get both sides of a story.

So if you think your Hi-point can do the same then go for it, hell just see if it can even fire a case of ammo in a weekend without breaking.

Bulleh
10-14-2010, 5:39 AM
I almost bought a hi-point c9... decided not to on a coin flip lol.

They seem great for the price. Potentially lots of fun plinking at the range, who cares about a few hiccups or stove pipes for that price? As long as there's no KABOOM, it seems like a buy.

But just my .2 cents, for HD I'd prefer something made with a bit more quality. ONLY because I know metal is harder that plastic and the fact hi-points are economically made to be affordable to almost anyone. But I'd sure as hell would rather have a $100 hi-point then a knife (or melee weapon) for defense any day.

I don't think hi-points are crap. They have a decent amount of fan's out there. Don't have plans of getting one soon just cause of their aesthetics. But if I needed cash, had to sell all my guns, I would rather have a high point than nothing.

CALATRAVA
10-14-2010, 6:58 AM
Who I ask is going to trust their life on this gun? Its a tackle box gun, not a bump in the night weapon. When the zombies are attacking and you have the one friend show up that always says your dumb for having so much gun stuff, but needs one RIGHT now that will be the one I send him off with. Thats what it's good for.

haha..nice;):D

norcal.xd
10-14-2010, 7:34 AM
i have 2 hi points........i guess im jus ghetto.

[QUOTE=855R;5122757]

nemisis1400
10-14-2010, 7:44 AM
hey, if it works, it works.

I'd use it

supersonic
10-14-2010, 7:50 AM
High points are cr*p!!!

I must say that this HAS to be some sort of world record! All in 1 (one) post you have a)made a declaration that a gun sucks.....b)made a declaration that said gun is good.....and c) you have made a declaration that you actually have no experience with said gun........You deserve some kind of recognition for this feat!:p:rockon:

iareConfusE
10-14-2010, 8:03 AM
So if you think your Hi-point can do the same then go for it, hell just see if it can even fire a case of ammo in a weekend without breaking.

It's been proven that it can shoot a case of ammo without breaking...

?

I'm confused.

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 8:09 AM
It's been proven that it can shoot a case of ammo without breaking...

?

I'm confused.

Over a weekend?

hawkeye
10-14-2010, 9:05 AM
I must say that this HAS to be some sort of world record! All in 1 (one) post you have a)made a declaration that a gun sucks.....b)made a declaration that said gun is good.....and c) you have made a declaration that you actually have no experience with said gun........You deserve some kind of recognition for this feat!:p:rockon:

Sarcasm has lost you...

BTW I've had no experience with Glock 21 .45acp as seen in the other torture test... So when I say it seems to be a reliable piece of work, does that mean I'm crazy:confused:

iareConfusE
10-14-2010, 9:09 AM
Over a weekend?

I'm sure someone out there has shot a case out of a Hi-Point over the weekend.

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 9:11 AM
I'm sure someone out there has shot a case out of a Hi-Point over the weekend.

ok lol

K_Labs
10-14-2010, 9:47 AM
I bought 1 to see if I could get used to a semi handgun without an extrenal hammer. I waited my 10 days and didn't rush to the range to shoot it. I can't say the same for any of my other guns.

I have no opinion on the Hi-point as of yet. 1 bad gun doesn't mean they are all crap. My 92FS has issues like when the slide doesn't lock back after my last shot. I rented a USP 45 at insight and it jammed every other shot. I rented a USP 9 after and it functioned flawlessly.

mif_slim
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
He has accuracy even at throwing!!

BlooDSMeaR
10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi-Point = $2k gun....that's a bold statement.

I did not say a hi point was a $2k dollar gun. I said it did the same job as a $2k gun. Shoots projectiles at a high rate of speed with lethal force. Like I said it feels cheap, but does its job. I don't know why hi point has such a bad rap, just because it's inexpensive?:detective:

supersonic
10-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Sarcasm has lost you...

BTW I've had no experience with Glock 21 .45acp as seen in the other torture test... So when I say it seems to be a reliable piece of work, does that mean I'm crazy:confused:

I only posted in a "poking-fun" kind-of-way because your thread title (the one we all see before deciding whether or not to click on it) was a bit misleading. And no, you're not crazy at all. In fact, you are probably a very nice person.:)

Lead Waster
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, all snark aside, I have to say I enjoyed the sound of the gun firing out in the hills there...that sort of far away echo like a good cowboy movie! All they needed was to hit some rocks and get that "Pa-ting!!!" richochet sound!

00cummins4x4
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the Cummins had a 5 lug half-ton lug pattern?

supersonic
10-14-2010, 1:05 PM
Well, all snark aside, I have to say I enjoyed the sound of the gun firing out in the hills there...that sort of far away echo like a good cowboy movie! All they needed was to hit some rocks and get that "Pa-ting!!!" richochet sound!

I LOVE that 'ricochet-off-a-rock' noise. That and the sound of gunfire in a valley.:D

sqroot3
10-14-2010, 5:40 PM
10.5 grains of bulseye with a 125 grain projectile and a chunk of brass jambed in the barrel? :eek:
and it still runs.... wow!
qft...damn!

iareConfusE
10-14-2010, 5:57 PM
Yeah, if it goes bang, costs only $100, and doesn't blow your hand up, it'll be great.

Mongoblack23
10-14-2010, 6:13 PM
im picking mine up in a few days, ill let you know....

btw, have you ever actually shot one? and why are you so closed off to others opinions?

ok lol

Verci0013
10-14-2010, 6:36 PM
at least we all agree on one thing, that the Hi-point is much more uglier then the Glock

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 7:11 PM

btw, have you ever actually shot one? and why are you so closed off to others opinions?

No but I dry fired and handled it to know I didn't want too lol. I did have a guy shoot the cable of my target holder next to me with one.

mif_slim
10-14-2010, 7:39 PM

you should just stop. Flocks given by the gods so no other guns compare. ;)

mif_slim
10-14-2010, 7:39 PM

you should just stop. Glocks given by the gods so no other guns compare. ;)

Mongoblack23
10-14-2010, 8:02 PM
oh i see, so its glocks or nothing..... got it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

iareConfusE
10-14-2010, 8:16 PM
There's so much brand bias here. Why can't we all enjoy a little variety? Why does everything have to be black and white? No gray areas for any of you? I love Glocks, Springfields, Smith & Wessons, etc etc, but I don't see how you can hate something so much without ever having even used it.

I personally haven't even fired a Hi-Point before, but I'm certainly not saying it's a crap gun. I won't say it's a great gun either, but from the videos I've watched, and the people I've talked to, apparently it's a gun that goes bang and launches a projectile for under $150. Who knows, maybe one day you'll get a chance to shoot a C9, and you'll be man enough to assume that it won't blow your hand apart, and *GASP!* you might actually enjoy it. Just maybe.

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 8:17 PM
you should just stop. Flocks given by the gods so no other guns compare. ;)

Well the Xtreme Duty was forged on Mount Olympus to be a replacement of Glock to the mere mortal Police Officers, yet only sticks around due to slick marketing by its importer Springfield Armory ;)

oh i see, so its glocks or nothing..... got it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My avatar gives me away :chris:

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 8:43 PM
There's so much brand bias here. Why can't we all enjoy a little variety? Why does everything have to be black and white? No gray areas for any of you? I love Glocks, Springfields, Smith & Wessons, etc etc, but I don't see how you can hate something so much without ever having even used it.

I personally haven't even fired a Hi-Point before, but I'm certainly not saying it's a crap gun. I won't say it's a great gun either, but from the videos I've watched, and the people I've talked to, apparently it's a gun that goes bang and launches a projectile for under $150. Who knows, maybe one day you'll get a chance to shoot a C9, and you'll be man enough to assume that it won't blow your hand apart, and *GASP!* you might actually enjoy it. Just maybe.

I'm a fan of quality firearms that can be used as reliable defensive tools first and things that are "fun to shoot" second , sorry if that offends some. Just handling a Hi-Point I personally would not trust it for defensive purposes and really only buy guns if they serve some type of purpose (except my Mosin M44). If I had access to a hi-point with unlimited free ammo I wouldn't go out of my way to shoot it, it just wouldn't be much fun to me personally.

Shenaniguns
10-14-2010, 8:49 PM
Guys, if you don't have a sense of humor than avoid buying a high-point since you may get snickered at when shooting around other people ;)

Lead Waster
10-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey, some of us (not me!) are only "authorized" to buy one gun every blue moon. Why waste it on a Hi-Point when you can get a Hi-Power? (OK, forget the price point). My buddy was allowed ONE gun. So he chose the Springfield 1911 TRP. A fine choice. My wife, on the other hand, doesn't even know how many guns I have. "You have a shotgun, right?" Uh, sure honey, I'll show it to you in ten days, oh, we ran out of milk, I'll just pop over to the store ... ;)

chim-chim7
10-15-2010, 3:44 AM
Not sure why everyone turned this into a Hi-Point vs. Blah blah blah match. I don't have a Hi-point, but I wouldn't mind having one. I have Glocks, Springfield's, Rugers, Sig's., and the like, but why not a Hi-Point? Seems to me like a decent gun. Maybe not for self defense, but for plinking around keeping the wear off your expensive hardware. I think I might just buy one for that reason. If its junk, then who cares, it was $150. Less than the cost of 200 rounds of 9mm.

I say if you like it, go for it. I wonder if it's very lower price actually hurts its reputation? If it was $450 would it be different in some peoples minds?:confused:

eccvets
10-15-2010, 6:03 AM
When I nearly got jacked by 6 punks in a parking lot, all my $2K+ guns were locked up in a safe while my hi-point C9 was loaded and ready for used in my trunk. Now which one do you think I was more glad I owned during that incident? a gun in the hand is worth 20+ in the safe!
Ever since then I have bought a Hi-point for each of my cars.

BTW: I did have some miss feeds during my first 500 rounds in my hipoint but it turned out I was slow racking the slide and didnt let it do its job properly. Ever since then it has worked flawlessly for me. Sure I can't put the same bullet thru the same hole at 25 yards with my but I'll put all 10 rounds into a human torso in quick succession at that distance easy!

Shenaniguns
10-15-2010, 6:13 AM
Not sure why everyone turned this into a Hi-Point vs. Blah blah blah match. I don't have a Hi-point, but I wouldn't mind having one. I have Glocks, Springfield's, Rugers, Sig's., and the like, but why not a Hi-Point? Seems to me like a decent gun. Maybe not for self defense, but for plinking around keeping the wear off your expensive hardware. I think I might just buy one for that reason. If its junk, then who cares, it was $150. Less than the cost of 200 rounds of 9mm.

I say if you like it, go for it. I wonder if it's very lower price actually hurts its reputation? If it was $450 would it be different in some peoples minds?:confused:

Where are you buying ammo? And it's very low price because it is a low quality handgun, even the manufacturer knows this lol.

iareConfusE
10-15-2010, 8:03 AM
Where are you buying ammo? And it's very low price because it is a low quality handgun, even the manufacturer knows this lol.

For $150, I wouldn't say that it is a very low quality handgun. If it was worth $500-600 like most modern pistols are, then yeah, I'd call it a very low quality handgun at that price. But like someone mentioned before, it's a price point gun. It caters to certain people, it's attractive to some because of the price.

Kodemonkey
10-15-2010, 9:26 AM
For $150, I wouldn't say that it is a very low quality handgun. If it was worth $500-600 like most modern pistols are, then yeah, I'd call it a very low quality handgun at that price. But like someone mentioned before, it's a price point gun. It caters to certain people, it's attractive to some because of the price.

I agree. High price does not equal whether or not it will function the way it should. I believe it to be and A to B gun. Sort of like an A to B car - meaning a Toyota Corolla will get you from A to B, but it isn't as nice as going from A to B in a luxury car like a Mercedes. I personally won't own one, but it's not because I think it won't do the job. To each his own, some people are more price sensitive. For me, I just think the cost of the gun is considered to be small against of the TCO, but Hi point owners probably won't put 10K rounds through it.

Shenaniguns
10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree. High price does not equal whether or not it will function the way it should. I believe it to be and A to B gun. Sort of like an A to B car - meaning a Toyota Corolla will get you from A to B, but it isn't as nice as going from A to B in a luxury car like a Mercedes. I personally won't own one, but it's not because I think it won't do the job. To each his own, some people are more price sensitive. For me, I just think the cost of the gun is considered to be small against of the TCO, but Hi point owners probably won't put 10K rounds through it.

Well said...

bohoki
10-15-2010, 10:14 AM
if you look at it as a range toy it is good value

kind of like ramline magazines they arent pretty they may have problems you wouldnt bet your life on them but when you are just plinking they get the job done

technique
11-22-2010, 7:48 PM
I did a google search and didn't see this posted on CGN. Hope it isn't a dupe.

I subscribe to this guys Youtube and found these videos funny.
This guy is pretty intelligent and knowledgeable but prefers to come off as a redneck!

Anyway, I wouldn't buy a Hi-point personally, nor would I advocate buying one...but check out the videos. Skip to the last one if you just wanna see a HI-point destroyed.

AbvvurXmAmg

xmt5QB814Tw&feature=recentlik

Oldnoob
11-22-2010, 8:20 PM
Dislike.

RollingCode3
11-22-2010, 8:23 PM
Someone already posted this video clip on calguns about a month or two ago.

technique
11-22-2010, 8:26 PM
Someone already posted this video clip on calguns about a month or two ago.

That would be impossible as the second follow up was only posted to Youtube yesterday...just sayin.

bohoki
11-22-2010, 8:29 PM
wow i'm tempted espcially after seeing it fire after the bucket of liquid poop

Mrskylinetou
11-22-2010, 8:30 PM
It might be an oldy but I still like watching it

sumdood
11-22-2010, 8:31 PM
2nd Vid..I laughed when I saw them pound that bolt into the barrel. Then I really laughed after they shot it with the bolt in it and said "looks like we'll have to send it back to High Point. They have a warranty, let's see what happens."

RollingCode3
11-22-2010, 8:41 PM
That would be impossible as the second follow up was only posted to Youtube yesterday...just sayin.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352291

... just saying

technique
11-22-2010, 8:45 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352291

... just saying

I'll quote myself and bold "Second" and "follow up". You can also LOOK at the date posted on Youtube...and the guy happens to be a friend of mine on FB.

bohoki
11-22-2010, 9:00 PM
2nd Vid..I laughed when I saw them pound that bolt into the barrel. Then I really laughed after they shot it with the bolt in it and said "looks like we'll have to send it back to High Point. They have a warranty, let's see what happens."

yea thats one way to get it out of your bound books

(sent back to manufacturer)

glock21fan
11-22-2010, 9:01 PM
I'm buyin a hipoint! thats amazing.

morfeeis
11-22-2010, 9:37 PM
I'm buyin a hipoint! thats amazing.
It was my first gun, i shot about 600 down the pipe had 15 hiccups, most caused by me linping the dam thing. i then passed it down to the wife who put another 500 down the pipe with my help, i've done 100 round back to back fires with that thing and cant get it to jam anymore (but the wife can). the C9 is a tank and although it isn't my nightstand gun i'd rather have it then a rock in a SHTF spot.

rimfire78
11-22-2010, 9:41 PM
Almost bought one today at Retting ;)

GUNNTZ
11-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Bought one many moons ago in 9mm. Only thing that pisses me off is how they placed the mag release, right where you tend to grip. Just have to keep your mutts lower so it doesn't drop the mag during a shot. Never seen the video's, I laughed my arse off and was amazed by the abuse they gave it.

Eddie1965
11-22-2010, 11:03 PM
I've always been intrigued by these guns, this video made up my mind, the Hi-point will have to wait until I cross off some better handguns off my list.

freonr22
11-22-2010, 11:13 PM
how come rick astley "never gonna give you up" was the next film to be showed?

hey Tech, have missed so many " which upper to buy" threads here, you need to come back more!

afro
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM
That's impressive especially for such a cheap gun.

bsg
11-23-2010, 1:26 AM
they are sort of like the Timex watch of old.

chim-chim7
11-23-2010, 3:22 AM
Kinda makes the Glock testing not so impressive anymore. :(

eccvets
11-23-2010, 3:30 AM
this should prove to all the moron haters out there that yes, hipoint is a good gun and is damn near industructable. better then glock and a crap load of other guns out there as far as safty goes and it actually works and has warrenty. How much you wanna bet hipoint will fix it and probally give them a free mag for their troubles? I love my hipoint and this just proves how well they actually are made!

Ryan in SD
11-23-2010, 3:58 AM
this should prove to all the moron haters out there that yes, hipoint is a good gun and is damn near industructable. better then glock and a crap load of other guns out there as far as safty goes and it actually works and has warrenty. How much you wanna bet hipoint will fix it and probally give them a free mag for their troubles? I love my hipoint and this just proves how well they actually are made!

Yeah they are just like kimbers....wait

wait, no.

Shenaniguns
11-23-2010, 5:47 AM
It was my first gun, i shot about 600 down the pipe had 15 hiccups, most caused by me linping the dam thing. i then passed it down to the wife who put another 500 down the pipe with my help, i've done 100 round back to back fires with that thing and cant get it to jam anymore (but the wife can). the C9 is a tank and although it isn't my nightstand gun i'd rather have it then a rock in a SHTF spot.

You've had more 'hiccups' in 600 rounds then all the guns I've owned and the 50,000 rounds I shoth through them in over 10 years lol

Shenaniguns
11-23-2010, 5:50 AM
Kinda makes the Glock testing not so impressive anymore. :(

The difference is the Glock is actually shot 150,000+ of rounds on top of the torture test, the hi-point would never shoot that many without breaking.

For almost 10 years Iíve been abusing and neglecting my Glock 21. Its been a running joke among some friends and I. Nothing was planned or documented. As I tell people what it has been through, most simply donít believe me. I guess I wouldnít either. If someone told you their Glock has at least 150K rounds through it and has gone almost 15K rounds with no cleaning or maintenance would you believe them?

RollingCode3
11-23-2010, 6:58 AM

moron haters

Put money where your mouth is at. Sell all your other guns and buy only hi-point and bet your life on it. :rolleyes:

inbox485
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I have a pretty thorough review on the C-9 here:
https://sites.google.com/site/inbox485/Home/firearms/hi-point-c-9

I have a used package for sale here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=363175

inbox485
11-23-2010, 10:34 AM

Biggest problem I've had with a high point is the ammo sensitivity. I have two of them that work well enough if the OAL is short, but choke on stuff like WWB and remington. Check out my review for a picture of a slide that busted a guy in the face out of the box. As far as comparing to a glock? For the same size the glock can hold about twice the ammo, and not gall itself inside out after a few thousand rounds. Sorry not comparable. Decent plinker. Great for practicing malfunctions (you never know what's next ;)). But no way is it comparable to a decent gun.

OneSevenDeuce
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
"We are professionals, or else we wouldn't be wearing lab coats."

"Absolutely..."

Lead Waster
11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Put money where your mouth is at. Sell all your other guns and buy only hi-point and bet your life on it. :rolleyes:

Well, let's be reasonable here. You'd only bet your life on it if you were a LEO or something. If it's in your house as HD, you're still better off with it than nothing.

As a range/plinking gun it would still be a lot of fun.

dieselpower
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi-points are Bic Lighters...disposible firearms. They are made to fire a few thousand rounds up to about 5K. You can then send it in and they will fix it and you will get another 5K out of it.

Their business plan is outstanding.
They manufacture the firearm to 4X over engineered standards ignoring ecstatics, going for cheap straight assembly line techniques. They can produce the firearm for about $20, warranty it for life since most people who spend the $100 buying it will not bother to shoot it more then a few hundred times. It will sit in a desk while the owner moves on to a more expensive firearm... brilliance!

Its not like other cheap firearms manufactures who try to make a pretty gun cheap, which ends up being an unreliable POS.

I do recommend Hi-points to anyone on a strict budget. Poor folks need firearms too. I do not recommend used and abused 1940s $100 firearms. Nor do i tell a person who needs a firearm NOW, to wait and save money.

If all you got is $200, and no time to save more...do not get a used ______, get a new Hi-point 9mm. The .45 and .40 I do tell people to stay away from. The cheap way hi-points are manufactured is fine for 9mm and .380, but at the .45 level its not good. Then again the lifetime warranty is still good.

OneSevenDeuce
11-23-2010, 12:10 PM
ignoring ecstatics

But I like ecstatics. :(

The DRis
11-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Now I want one. As a throw away gun and literal beater.

Still uglier than sin.

inbox485
11-23-2010, 12:53 PM
If all you got is $200, and no time to save more...do not get a used ______, get a new Hi-point 9mm.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but most of that population would be better served by a used pump shotgun. I only recommend hi-points as range junkers.

New hi-points are also famous for out of box issues.

morfeeis
11-23-2010, 6:52 PM
You've had more 'hiccups' in 600 rounds then all the guns I've owned and the 50,000 rounds I shoth through them in over 10 years lol
Go back and re-read my post, most if not all my problems where FTE due to me being a first time pistol owner. Once I stopped limp wresting the dam thing it worked great, any blow back designed firearm with a slide that is native to it's design will always have problems when limp wristed.

But again I rather have a c9 then nothing, hell if it jams I can use it as a club to beat the bad guy to death with.......

five.five-six
11-23-2010, 7:04 PM
this video proves that Hi-points are better than glocks, 9 grains of bullseye with a 147 grain projectile AND all the empty space in the cartridge is displaced????? what do you think, 60,000PSI?? 70,000??? and the gun still functioned after that

1970msp
11-23-2010, 7:25 PM
I just picked up mine a few days ago.I wanted to give it a try after reading all the pros and cons offered.I am very happy with mine.I have put 150 rds through it with not problems.I like the way it fits my hands.And it has little to no recoil for me.I like my other pistols.But I have a new soft spot for this High Point C9.It is not fancy or expensive but it is a affordable,functional firearm.It is backed with a good warranty and excellent live customer service.I wanted a spare set of grips to use as templates for making a wood pair,and a spare parts firing pin and springs.He asked my name and address,within 2 days I had all these at my door free of charge.Just my opinion but I think highly of this pistol and the company.Also it is made in the U.S.A.

eccvets
11-23-2010, 8:01 PM

what would that prove? also, I have trusted my life to my hipoint when 6 punks tried to jack me... I'm glad I happen to have my hipoint in the back of my car, all my $1k-$2k+ guns were at home. A lot of good those did me when I really needed a gun to protect myself!

BTW: I didn't get jacked...:43:

eccvets
11-23-2010, 8:04 PM
Biggest problem I've had with a high point is the ammo sensitivity. I have two of them that work well enough if the OAL is short, but choke on stuff like WWB and remington. Check out my review for a picture of a slide that busted a guy in the face out of the box. As far as comparing to a glock? For the same size the glock can hold about twice the ammo, and not gall itself inside out after a few thousand rounds. Sorry not comparable. Decent plinker. Great for practicing malfunctions (you never know what's next ;)). But no way is it comparable to a decent gun.

My hipoint doesnt really have any ammo sensitivity, it eats everything pretty much. BTW: the same sized glock cant hold more then 10 in cali... Also, I've had some glocks stovepipe on me more often and give me more problems then my hipoint.

Peter W Bush
11-23-2010, 8:22 PM
this video proves that Hi-points are better than glocks, 9 grains of bullseye with a 147 grain projectile AND all the empty space in the cartridge is displaced????? what do you think, 60,000PSI?? 70,000??? and the gun still functioned after that

9 gr bullseye behind 147 gr bullet? I would be scared to shoot that even in my 92!

inbox485
11-23-2010, 9:08 PM
My hipoint doesnt really have any ammo sensitivity, it eats everything pretty much. BTW: the same sized glock cant hold more then 10 in cali... Also, I've had some glocks stovepipe on me more often and give me more problems then my hipoint.

I'm sure issues vary from batch to batch, but I have two C-9's with pretty different serials and different mold stamps on the slides so I'd say I have a pretty fair sample of the model. Neither will feed WWB or Remington properly. After I found two types of ammo that fed nicely (magtech and PMC), and had striped and polished the feed ramp, my wife and I did a whole 4 day course with them at Front Sight. Mine had a single double feed, and my wife had a few light primer strikes at the very end. So they can work. Difference between a glock and a C-9 is when a glock malfunctions either it is broken or the owner is, but when a C-9 malfunctions it is normal. As for capacity, you need an extended mag to even get 10 rounds and even then you almost always get a failure to feed if you top off to 10+1. In addition, while you can barely fit 10+1 in a C-9, I can fit 10+1 in my XD45 compact. I've put over a thousand rounds through the XD and haven't cleared a jam I didn't set up with snap caps. I couldn't say that about the C-9 within the first 50 rounds out of the box.

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I haven't seen any review of the C-9 as thorough and unbiased as the one I put up. In fact the reason I wrote it is the only reviews out there were based on an out of the box fondling and a magazine or two at the most of shooting.

inbox485
11-23-2010, 9:12 PM
9 gr bullseye behind 147 gr bullet? I would be scared to shoot that even in my 92!

In all fairness to the C-9 it is built like a tank. If you look at the barrel, it looks about 2 times thicker than any other 9mm barrel. I'd say that is a good idea for things like not blowing up if the barrel gets obstructed. If they would just line the firing pin channel with something other than pot metal, shorten the firing pin travel a tiny bit, and fix the feed issues that the better part of an entire forum is dedicated to, it would be a very nice budget gun.

bsg
11-24-2010, 9:55 PM
i have visited the "Hi-Points Firearms Forums" forum and the folks there appear to be very fond of their Hi-Points. the forum is an interesting place to visit.

inbox485
11-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Funny thing about the Hi-Point forums, is most of the threads are about troubleshooting issues.

chim-chim7
11-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Funny thing about the Hi-Point forums, is most of the threads are about troubleshooting issues.

The same can be said about most forums though. ;)

hcbr
11-25-2010, 1:23 AM
To one their own, some people have had good experiences with them, and some have not. I am the latter... that gun is shake, rattle and roll when shot, or at least the one i shot with.... I'm sticking to my glock.... btw i saw this pawn shop selling this thing for like 400 bucks, and i was like no way it's not worth that much, especially when it goes on sale at turners....