PDA

View Full Version : new C9

Mongoblack23
10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
so i just bought a c9.... new to me, previous owner (a calguns member) put 500 round through it with no problem. what i want to know... why you hate it? what to do to make it a decent shooter... polish the feed ramp and trigger parts... anything else? i'm sure i'm gonna catch the "human torch" people about how s****Y this pistol is.. but i want facts from owners... not opinions from others..... Flame ON!!!

iareConfusE
10-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I've never shot a Hi-Point, never seen a Hi-Point in real life, don't know anything about them. I just know that they're cheap, ugly pistols - but they still apparently work really well for their price.

This video shows whats what: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg

JeffM
10-12-2010, 11:03 PM
If it works it works. Don't F* with it.

Put 500 rounds through it yourself. The more you shoot it, the more it works, the more confident you will be that it will do it's job when it needs to.

Mongoblack23
10-12-2010, 11:05 PM
they are very cheap, god-ugly pistols... i agree, but as a farm boy i was lead to believe in functionality over beauty. ever seen a 1969 D6 caterpillar? ugly as s**t but gets the job done....

j.primo
10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
*lifetime warranty.. Those guys could send it back to hi point and they ll replace it. No questions asked..

A good bang for the buck..

norcal.xd
10-12-2010, 11:17 PM
i have 2 hi point pistols. other than puting a slip on grip, people are taking the plastic grips off and painting them. i love both my hi points. fun guns...

eccvets
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
If it works it works. Don't F* with it.

Put 500 rounds through it yourself. The more you shoot it, the more it works, the more confident you will be that it will do it's job when it needs to.

+1, dont fk with it if its working good.

j.primo
10-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I get one on monday. Hopefully mine functions well as the ones in the YouTube vid. :D

Helpful_Cub
10-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Mine still works, I'm just feel embarrassed when I take it to the range. Its not a she, not beefy enough to be a dude, and all ugly.

dmax11
10-13-2010, 12:11 AM
my brothers got a CF380 and just bought a C9, i'm probably going to buy the CF380 off him.

they are nearly the same gun just different calibers, the CF380 works great as long as you feed it good ammo, we took it to the range with some walmart special steel cased ammo once and i found myself reaching for the slide every other shot to unjam rounds and even accidentally ejected a few unspent rounds because i got into the habit of having to unjam it. with cheap brass like UMC it worked fairly well with only a jam every 20-30 rounds, word is that polishing the feed ramp as you already heard is supposed to clear up these issues on these guns. if i buy it off him and i probably will because hey its cheap i will likely give this a shot.

i can't really comment on accuracy because well i'm not very experienced with shooting handguns yet but at 15 yards i can consistently place rounds on a target without much effort.

GŁnter
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I think the Hi-Point is a great pistol for its philosophy of use - In the right hands; it is reliable, accurate, and durable enough to be an effective tool of self-defense to those who are not willing to spend much dough for that application.

That being said however, I do not own one, nor plan on owning one. It is because I believe what OrangeUSA's signature once quoted "Guns are cheap. Ammo is expensive." Though the Hi-Point is a great short-term means of shooting center-fire pistol rounds, in the long run you will likely spend much more on the gasoline than the car itself. Why feed premium gas on a crappy car?

I will admit I am biased to have an utmost respect to quality firearms. For me, I like my tools for self-defense and fun to last a lifetime, and that I enjoy and make the most out of every round I shoot through it, the Hi-Point just doesn't do that for me.

D53
10-13-2010, 1:02 AM
I wont lie, i miss my hi-point. It was a pretty gun pistol. Yeah its ugly as sin, but it worked really well. Anyone got a used one for $100 :D

j.primo
10-13-2010, 1:30 AM
I bought a used for $100. If I feel like selling it, you'll be first on the list d53

D53
10-13-2010, 1:31 AM
I bought a used for $100. If I feel like selling it, you'll be first on the list d53

Sweet :43:

iareConfusE
10-13-2010, 8:02 AM
Yeah, for $100 and a lifetime warranty no questions asked, you really can't go wrong.

rodeoflyer
10-13-2010, 8:09 AM
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt316/rodeoflyer/1hipoint1911.jpg

morfeeis
10-13-2010, 8:23 AM
Polish the feed ramp and fire as many rounds as you can get your hands on,

iareConfusE
10-13-2010, 8:42 AM
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt316/rodeoflyer/1hipoint1911.jpg

lol. That's... pretty much right.

robcoe
10-13-2010, 10:13 AM
so i just bought a c9.... new to me, previous owner (a calguns member) put 500 round through it with no problem. what i want to know... why you hate it? what to do to make it a decent shooter... polish the feed ramp and trigger parts... anything else? i'm sure i'm gonna catch the "human torch" people about how s****Y this pistol is.. but i want facts from owners... not opinions from others..... Flame ON!!!

Real answer, I have shot them so I know they are a serviceable cheap gun, but I hate them because the C9 and its little brother the C380 are just so ****ing ugly. They look like a movie prop for a gun where the prop master just said **** it and stuck two blocks of wood together and painted them black.

muritku
10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
I want one. :D

ilikeguns
10-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Its not like they don't shoot bullets. They look ugly and feel like a toy. It is what it is: a cheap pistol. I'd much rather spend the 150 bucks on ammo.
But if I had a c9, I wouldn't mind holding on to it as a BOB bag gun or vehicle gun.
Meh...

Cope's Dist.
10-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I purchased my C9 new and have put well over 1000 rd through it with no problems. It's not "pretty" but I didn't buy for show. Serves my purposes and was the right price when I purchased it. I have had men and women both give it a try at plinking and nobody's complained. ;) Geri

Mongoblack23
10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
this will definetly be a plinker and BOB gun. i have my xd .40 and a sig 9mm to do the serious work...