PDA

View Full Version : Scherer 3.5lb connector problem

GlockTalk9
10-12-2010, 9:15 PM
My buddy installed a Scherer 3.5lb connector in his Glock 22. I shot it and really liked the pull. It was perfect IMO. So I bought the same connector and installed it in my Glock 17. The firing point is much different. The trigger pull is great but the pull felt like it lost the last 10% of the firing point, which is quite dangerous to use for duty. It just fires too soon. So I removed it and put the stock one back in. I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue with connectors in general? I opened up the slide to assure everything was installed properly and it was. I looked at the OEM connector and notice very tiny amount of lube on the hook of the connector. I didn't lube the after market part but I doubt that could be the issue? Everything else on the gun is stock. Any idea?:confused:

GlockTalk9
10-26-2010, 5:10 PM
I got in touch with MidwayUSA (the site I purchased from) and they informed me to call Scherer to see if they will send out a replacement. I described the issue to Scherer and they told me they recalled a batch of connectors and I may have been an unfortunate one. The Scherer rep said contact MidwayUSA first to see if they will send out a replacement. If they didn't, then Scherer will at no cost. MidwayUSA sent one out without any hesitation. Now I play the waiting game.

RollingCode3
10-26-2010, 5:44 PM
I had the same problem with Scherer connector too. Ten bucks down the toilet.. I bought the Vanek custom 3.5 connector for around 35 bucks. One sweet little connector. Loving it.

xxsleepyxx
10-26-2010, 5:52 PM
I tried a Glock trigger the other day for the first time. It felt beautiful. How much better does it get when you put a 3.5 trigger connector in it?

21SF
10-26-2010, 6:04 PM
Vanek triggers are great, wveything they make is with factory parts hand fitted together. Some people like the stock glock trigger, 3.5 too "mushy" for some.

HighLander51
10-26-2010, 7:05 PM
First of all, you shouldn't use aftermarket parts for a duty weapon, how is the department armorer supposed to approve that? Scherer connectors are just as good as factory. I have been running Glocks for the last 18 years in competition and for carry with no noticeable difference, except price...