PDA

View Full Version : Is this a California Department of Corrections issued handgun?

foudufoot
10-12-2010, 6:51 PM
I recently bought this 1977 S&W model 15 2" Combat Masterpiece, engraved with CDC 75602 on the left side. The seller, a reputable dealer, says that CDC stands for California Department of Correction. The name is correct for that era but no-one of the S&W forum can confirm that Model 15 snubbies were issued to the CDC. One forum member suggested that it was issued to agents of the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta. (that's some nasty germs they must have down there...!) Another doubts that the control number matches CA DOC numbers although there were a number of model 64 snubbies issued to CDC officers.

Does anyone know if 2" model 15's were issued to the CA DOC, aka CDC? in the 70s? Thanks, Dan

CJSdrftFlat
10-12-2010, 6:56 PM
I thought you meant Center for Disease Control. It would be really cool if they issued microbiologists guns. I would ask for a FN five seven.

foudufoot
10-12-2010, 7:22 PM
I thought you meant Center for Disease Control. It would be really cool if they issued microbiologists guns. I would ask for a FN five seven.

Microbiologists have 2nd amendment rights too, you know..:D

Even those who work for the Federal Government!