PDA

View Full Version : Does the Glock polymer flex?

xxsleepyxx
10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I heard some disturbing news in a recent thread that the FNP-9 magwell flexes?!? If one squeezes the grip too hard the magwell will flex. Is this common for polymer guns?

ocspeedracer
10-12-2010, 10:19 AM
i fail to see the issue, but yes it will flex a little. I've never been able to grip it too hard and i'm about average build. Too hard meaning i can't cause it to fail in anyway.

Turo
10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I was the one that mentioned the FNP9 grip flexing. My friend who recently bought an FNP9 showed me that it flexed, and I also experienced it..

I compared the FN to a few different Glocks, and I couldn't get the Glock to flex even when I put way more force on it than would be used for gripping it while shooting and it was sturdy.

Btw, I also mentioned the grip flexing in This (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5084388#post5084388) thread as well if you'd like to check it out. Some other people had things to say about it too.

xxsleepyxx
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Beretta 92fs it is.

ocspeedracer
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I was the one that mentioned the FNP9 grip flexing. My friend who recently bought an FNP9 showed me that it flexed, and I also experienced it..

I compared the FN to a few different Glocks, and I couldn't get the Glock to flex even when I put way more force on it than would be used for gripping it while shooting and it was sturdy.

Btw, I also mentioned the grip flexing in This (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5084388#post5084388) thread as well if you'd like to check it out. Some other people had things to say about it too.

i'll have to go back an check now, i know the mag well (bottom) felxes but the rest of it has always felt solid, but with enough pressure...?

xxsleepyxx
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I had this "issue" with the Kel-Tec SU-16. Really turned me off... made me want to go with the Mini 14 based on the sturdiness. Forget the weight issue.

mif_slim
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Polymer will flex no matter what, I had the moquito and it flexed so bad the bottom rail was noticeably flexing.

Greg-Dawg
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Not true.

Turo
10-12-2010, 11:30 AM
i'll have to go back an check now, i know the mag well (bottom) felxes but the rest of it has always felt solid, but with enough pressure...?

It may be that my friend got a lemon, but the gun shoots fine, loads fine, it's just that the magazine doesn't drop free unless you hold it a specific way.

Ultimate
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
The glock flexes a little left to right if u squeeze it that way but front to back its pretty solid.

The only thing that flexes on the glock that bothers me is the trigger bar.

xxINKxx
10-12-2010, 1:15 PM
If you notice the grip flexing when you grip it you have hulk hands, or are squeezing way to hard.

NapaCountyShooter
10-12-2010, 2:51 PM
Look up some slow motion videos of ak's and m-16's shooting. Most guns have some degree of flex built into them. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

icedevil
10-12-2010, 4:31 PM
Beretta 92fs it is.

Is the fact that the bottom of the glock grip can be flexed by holding it in a certain non-shooting grip the reason you are choosing the 92??

The glock and beretta are different enough that it is hard to believe that this should be the deciding factor. I would think choosing your preference between the DA/SA trigger and the glock safe-action would be a much more relevant place to focus your attention.

85FourEyedGT
10-12-2010, 4:37 PM
my fnp9 has a little flex to it but it hasnt affected me in any way shooting it or reloading

xxsleepyxx
10-12-2010, 5:08 PM
Is the fact that the bottom of the glock grip can be flexed by holding it in a certain non-shooting grip the reason you are choosing the 92??

The glock and beretta are different enough that it is hard to believe that this should be the deciding factor. I would think choosing your preference between the DA/SA trigger and the glock safe-action would be a much more relevant place to focus your attention.

It's more of a preference for the DA/SA. Actually I'm looking into the P239 from Sig Sauer now. Beretta uses polymer for trigger and recoil guide rod. Glocks are great but this is my first and probably only firearm so I'm picky.

swerv512
10-12-2010, 6:59 PM
my G21 flexes in the mag/handle area but who cares, it shoots where aimed...

Turo
10-12-2010, 7:03 PM
Look up some slow motion videos of ak's and m-16's shooting. Most guns have some degree of flex built into them. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That's not what is being discussed here. The polymer magwell of the FNP9 flexes enough that the magazine does not drop free when the gun is held with a proper pistol grip.

NapaCountyShooter
10-12-2010, 8:08 PM
That's not what is being discussed here. The polymer magwell of the FNP9 flexes enough that the magazine does not drop free when the gun is held with a proper pistol grip.

Sorry, didn't read enough of what you were talking about.

UserM4
10-12-2010, 8:13 PM
USP flexes too. Do you see anyone complaining about them?