PDA

View Full Version : CZ 97 B vs HK USP .45

Waffle
10-11-2010, 7:15 PM
Which would be the better choice for my first .45?

Colt-45
10-11-2010, 7:26 PM
Go with the CZ then wait until the roster dies and get an HK 45

Waffle
10-11-2010, 7:27 PM
What is the wait on the HK? I heard 3 months.

robcoe
10-11-2010, 7:31 PM
CZ, very nice gun, just handle and shoot it first to make sure the grip is not to big, its a really big gun.

sniper4usmc
10-11-2010, 7:42 PM
I would get CZ...

gorenut
10-11-2010, 7:52 PM
CZs are very nice, as are USPs. Many prefer the features/ergos on the HK45 over the USP 45 though. To me, the USP ain't broke so the lower price range to get a USP is more attractive.

I think the CZ is potentially a better shooter out the gates, but the H&K is probably more durable out of the two.. though with proper maintenance, the CZ shouldn't crap out on you.

Waffle
10-15-2010, 7:14 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I bought the CZ 97 B today.

CALI-gula
10-15-2010, 7:28 PM
The CZ97 is a very nice gun, decent accuracy out of the box (due to the special muzzle bushing/lock), made well, and all at a very good price - much lower than you would pay for the HK. It's no Nighthawk, but I would put it above many standard models at the same cost from Colt, Smith, Springfield, Para, and a host of others.

sniper4usmc
10-15-2010, 7:42 PM
Only thing I hate about cz97 is wooden grip..

bladerunner747
10-16-2010, 1:37 AM
I owned a CZ 97 B. As long as you are aware that it is designed to feed ball ammo. It will not feed JHP reliably. I had also a Witness EAA in wonder finish, a CZ clone, it fed anything.

Waffle
10-18-2010, 2:18 PM
I owned a CZ 97 B. As long as you are aware that it is designed to feed ball ammo. It will not feed JHP reliably. I had also a Witness EAA in wonder finish, a CZ clone, it fed anything.

I read my user's manual on the CZ-USA website and it claims the only ammo which will not feed reliably is wadcutters. Nothing is mentioned about JHPs. Has anyone else had problems with JHPs?

Buddhabelly
10-18-2010, 3:31 PM
I read my user's manual on the CZ-USA website and it claims the only ammo which will not feed reliably is wadcutters. Nothing is mentioned about JHPs. Has anyone else had problems with JHPs?

Waffle,

IIRC, you've just bought the 97 and it's still in 10 days wait. Just pick up the gun when it's ready and enjoy shooting it. (Of course not as much as if you had bought mine. :p) Don't worry too much about anything until you've shot it for a while and get a real idea for yourself what you'd like to do to it, and what it can (or can't) do. It is a beefier version of a gun that has served more than half of the European police and military forces for many decades. It's very robust and will stand up to anything. Just enjoy the gun my friend.

Buddhabelly
10-18-2010, 3:34 PM
Besides, I'm not sure a lot of people can afford to shoot JHP's in .45ACP in any appreciateable volumn to atest to the question. I know I've shot 2 mags full of JHP (Fed HST) with no problems, other than the $20 it just costed me.

thomasanelson
10-18-2010, 4:54 PM
I have both. If money is not an issue, IMHO there is not choice...HK all the way. That being said, the CZ is a fine 45, but it is heavy and you have to watch that the loaded chamber indicator does not become loose and fly out.

sd joe
10-18-2010, 6:52 PM
I have no experience with the HK, but my stock 97 is more accurate than my Springfield Trophy Match. You better have large hands for the 97.

g17owner
10-18-2010, 9:00 PM
I would go USP. I love mine. The CZ is nice too but is there any aftermarket support for them or a place to get replacement parts? There arent many for the HK but way more than what is out there for the CZ