PDA

View Full Version : C&R process?

swift
06-02-2006, 9:52 PM
OK, now you have me interested in a C&R permit. What is the process? Can someone point me to the form?

My bank account wishes it never heard of calguns...

kenc9
06-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Here is the forms area, http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

They changed it from when I got mine...its down on the right.

F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms.

You print out the form, send it in with a check for the amount and bring a copy to your local PD.... Just go there and hand it to them, you don't need their approval, just give them a copy and go and wait. Probably three months.

-ken

swift
06-03-2006, 7:15 AM
Thanks for the link! For some reason, I couldn't find a way to download the application, but I sent in a request for it to be mailed to me.

kenc9
06-03-2006, 9:48 AM
The other important part is after you get your C&R. Get your bound book ready and figure out how you are going to enter purshases.

-ken

mow
06-03-2006, 9:57 AM
Check out this page, it pretty much spells it all out for you

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

NorCal MedTac
06-25-2006, 4:23 PM
Here is the forms area, http://www.atf.treas.gov/dcof/index.htm

They changed it from when I got mine...its down on the right.

F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms.

You print out the form, send it in with a check for the amount and bring a copy to your local PD.... Just go there and hand it to them, you don't need their approval, just give them a copy and go and wait. Probably three months.

-ken

How long does it take to recieve forms via mail from them?

TonyM
06-25-2006, 4:30 PM

Took 3-4 days if I remember right. Then I got lazy and sat on the forms for like 2 months... then sent them in.. then it took them 89 days for them to get my license to me after htey charged my CC.

Mssr. Eleganté
06-25-2006, 4:31 PM

I ordered mine by calling the local ATF office listed in the phone book and they arrived the next day.

Blue
06-25-2006, 6:14 PM
The forms come super fast. The actual license takes a while. I got a fat envelope in the mail several weeks before my license from the ATF that had a bunch of books/lists/info in it. So once you get that you know you're getting close. IIRC mine took 2.5-3 months to get. Although I've heard of people getting theirs in a few weeks. I think it all depends on who opens your envelope on any given day. AR15.com has a really nice C&R forum too.

mblat
06-25-2006, 8:27 PM
I think it took about 4 weeks before they asked for copy of my passport and literally week after that I got my license.

Yute
06-25-2006, 9:36 PM
Odd I requested a form from their website 2 weeks ago.. Thus far nothing...

CWM4A1
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
I have requested the form as well only to receive a notice from ATF that the form is currently out of stock. Still waiting...

-hanko
06-28-2006, 4:59 PM
Thanks for the link! For some reason, I couldn't find a way to download the application, but I sent in a request for it to be mailed to me.
You can't download, you can call your local office & request one be sent to you.

-hanko