PDA

View Full Version : CDNN has Browning Hi-Power on Special

t001
10-11-2010, 4:14 PM
In this week's gun specials email that CDNN sends out, they have 9mm Browning Hi-Powers in matte finish on sale for $699.99. I don't know what these go for in LGSes these days, so I'm not sure if this is considered a deal. Certainly not the $399 FN Hi-Powers they were clearing out a few years ago. However, I have read on Calguns people saying new Hi-Powers in general seem to be hard to come by and pricey, so I thought I'd pass along the info for those who don't get CDNN's emails.

I do realize that CDNN does not sell handguns to CA, but there are several reputable middlemen that can get the stuff to the state. FWIW.

beemaze
10-11-2010, 10:22 PM
might want to place this in the commercial section.

True, Hi-Power prices have gone over or close to the $1000 mark for a basic MK III. Thanks to a stronger euro than our ever weakening dollar. That being said, I have seen a a ton of like new/excellent condition & more desireable Hi-Powers on the local market going for $500-$800 dollars depending on which series they are: T, C, 215, 245 prefix, MkIII, and so on.

So yea, CDNN's price is good for a new MKIII, but factor in a middleman's fees, plus transfer fees, and you might end up paying $800-$900. Not bad, but you can still get a like new used MKIII in black painted finish for $500- $600 if you just look around carefully.

IMHO, I still think used Hi-Powers are a great deal, especially when you see how crazy Colt 1911 prices are. Both are John Browning's brainchildren, but that prancing Pony premium just kills me.

Foriegn power
10-12-2010, 6:49 AM
whats CDNN? $699 is cheap the retail local stores $969! If it was cheaper I would get one.

9mmlaw
10-12-2010, 6:56 AM
whats CDNN? $699 is cheap the retail local stores $969! If it was cheaper I would get one.

Google is your friend :)

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Download the catalog and have fun.

thomasanelson
10-12-2010, 7:57 AM
Good luck getting them to ship one to CA.

ap3572001
10-12-2010, 8:25 AM
I was watching High Power prices go up too.
What would be a going price on a 1968-69 blued High Power with fixed sights in 99% condition with two Browning magaiznes?

beemaze
10-12-2010, 2:19 PM
I was watching High Power prices go up too.
What would be a going price on a 1968-69 blued High Power with fixed sights in 99% condition with two Browning magaiznes?

1968 is a T-series, probably $800 + or - locally. The T-series is considered the pinnacle in terms of finish, fit, & quality for the Hi-Power. I've seen them go for less depending on condition.

1969 is a T or C-series, I'm guessing $700-$800. (FYI, starting in 1971/1972, FN put spur hammers on the standard HP's in place of the ring hammer. Some don't like the spur hammers because of hammer bite. There are some variants with ring hammers made post '71/'72.)

My advice is to bargain low. There are a TON of HP's out there (as there are Colt's but like I said - Colt pricing is over-inflated.)

Anyways, collecting HP's is alot of fun since there are so many variants with their subtle changes that makes for great conversation lol. :D