PDA

View Full Version : Herter's 45 ACP Ammunition

toneman
10-11-2010, 2:24 PM
I tried search but didn't come out any,
all I know so far is from Russian made & 230 gr,
anyone has any experience with this ammo ?
I'm looking for cheap 45 ACP for target practice it's around .27 cents each with shipping.
Thanks.

CAL.BAR
10-11-2010, 2:30 PM
Yep. Made by the same folks who brought us WOLF. Shoots about the same, although I have had a few more quality control issues with it than I did with Wolf. I use it in all my .45 cal guns and even use it in IDPA style tournaments.

It's just fine for everyday shooting.

Quiet
10-11-2010, 4:05 PM
Herter's = repackaged Wolf ammo by Cabela's

Noxx
10-11-2010, 4:20 PM
I've run quite a bit of it through a couple of P220's without any issues. If you're not rolling your own, it's about as economical as you can get for range sessions.

JaMail
10-11-2010, 4:29 PM
i personally love tula white box and have used it in competition, and i just ordered 500 rounds of the herters from cabelas.

i did email the US Tula rep about a week ago, she said that there was a very inconsitant batch of tula that went out and that the later batches were fine..

this was her answer regarding the squib's and bad batch when I asked her about the sale at CTD, i didint realize that they were already refusing to sell to california at the time i sent this.

She answered my questions within 24 hours.. lweaver@dixieinc.com

--------------------------------------------
Hi Jason, Thank you for your interest in our ammunition. Unfortunately, we did have one bad lot of .45ACP ammo, however we have replaced it. The new ammo that CTD has in stock has been tested and is functioning very well. We have had no compliants at all. But rest assured, that if you were to receive any type of Tulammo that does not function, we will gladly replace it for you. I don't expect that to be a problem.
Sincerely,
Lisa Weaver
Tulammo USA, Inc.
13598 Magnolia Street
Blakely, GA 39823

-------------------------------------------------

toneman
10-11-2010, 4:31 PM
I knew I always get an answer here at Calgun.net,
Thanks all for your inputs,
I'm now petty confident to order it,
I can not belive that I will shoot .27 cents a round, and it's a 45 acp.

bombadillo
10-11-2010, 4:45 PM
Honestly if you're really wanting decent cheap ammo, aimsurplus has PMC bronze .45acp in all brass cases FMJ for 16.99 right now.

p7m8jg
10-11-2010, 4:58 PM
Hoo ray! Beats natchez and ammoman.......Checking aimsurplus now.:hurray:

bombadillo
10-11-2010, 4:59 PM
I just ordered a thousand rounds and 600 rounds of the PPU .223 in 200 round sealed battle packs. Ended up around $580 or so after shipping.

Cheers.

toneman
10-20-2010, 4:56 PM
i personally love tula white box and have used it in competition, and i just ordered 500 rounds of the herters from cabelas.

i did email the US Tula rep about a week ago, she said that there was a very inconsitant batch of tula that went out and that the later batches were fine..

this was her answer regarding the squib's and bad batch when I asked her about the sale at CTD, i didint realize that they were already refusing to sell to california at the time i sent this.

She answered my questions within 24 hours.. lweaver@dixieinc.com

--------------------------------------------
Hi Jason, Thank you for your interest in our ammunition. Unfortunately, we did have one bad lot of .45ACP ammo, however we have replaced it. The new ammo that CTD has in stock has been tested and is functioning very well. We have had no compliants at all. But rest assured, that if you were to receive any type of Tulammo that does not function, we will gladly replace it for you. I don't expect that to be a problem.
Sincerely,
Lisa Weaver
Tulammo USA, Inc.
13598 Magnolia Street
Blakely, GA 39823

-------------------------------------------------

Jamail have you receive yours yet ?
mine delivered yesterday,
But I can not go down to the range till maybe early November.
I'm thinking bring them to Fire-lane in south OC,
anyone know they will allow me to shoot there ?

CAL.BAR
10-20-2010, 5:27 PM
Honestly if you're really wanting decent cheap ammo, aimsurplus has PMC bronze .45acp in all brass cases FMJ for 16.99 right now.

B/C .28 per beats the hell out of .34 per (not to mention shipping cost) If you buy from Cabellas right now they have $20.00 off your order which makes it essentially free shipping

bombadillo
10-20-2010, 8:35 PM
B/C .28 per beats the hell out of .34 per (not to mention shipping cost) If you buy from Cabellas right now they have $20.00 off your order which makes it essentially free shipping

If you're worried about it, save the brass and sell it for 6c apiece after you collect it. I bet you could get 6 pennies out of a piece of brass to most people shooting .45acp. That is not a heck of a lot different for steel case (which can be harder on the hardware of a gun) than brass which is reloadable and saleable after you're done with it.

rp55
10-20-2010, 9:24 PM
I hope it shoots well as I have a spam can of it somewhere under the back yard.

JaMail
10-20-2010, 9:35 PM
Jamail have you receive yours yet ?
mine delivered yesterday,
But I can not go down to the range till maybe early November.
I'm thinking bring them to Fire-lane in south OC,
anyone know they will allow me to shoot there ?

nope, havent got it yet.. weird.. i just checked tracking and it was billed on the 18th and scanned out of UPS on the 19th, i ordered it on the 12th

negolien
10-20-2010, 9:37 PM
Ran 300 out of the Custom II this week had no issues. Nice round vs price for my target shooting needs.