PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screens??

Bruce
10-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I recently signed onto I-tunes and got the infamous blue screen. I've never had that happen before. I had the same thing happen with Turbo Tax earlier this year even though I've used TT before on the same PC. Any ideas or suggestions as to a fix? (I'm using Windows XP Proffesional)

high_revs
10-11-2010, 1:02 PM
when you say blue screen, is it completely dead now and you cannot boot into the OS?

if you reboot, you get the same thing?

If so, you can put in your windows XP install cd and choose "repair"

the blue screen can be attributed to different things.

sevensix2x51
10-11-2010, 1:35 PM
I probably would scan the hdd for any bad sectors... and backup all my data on an external, jic... sometimes that starts to happen when a drive is giving up the ghost.. ymmv. :shrug:

snypr
10-11-2010, 1:40 PM
Did you just install itunes, or any other software? Did you install any new hardware or make any physical changes to the box? Can you boot into safe mode and uninstall any new changes to your operating systems that could be causing the BSOD. Specifically what error msg do you get on the blue screen? Post that back up and we should be able to get you going again. go into the eventvwr and see what is says? (go to, START, RUN, then type eventvwr, then hit the enter button). Check the application logs and system logs, they should be in chronological order. Check to see if you see the same message or verbiage about the error that matches the error on the bluescreen. You can also export these log files as a CSV file, which can be read in Microsoft Excel Etc). Ill PM you my email address, send me a copy of these log files and ill comb through them for you. Let me/us know.