PDA

View Full Version : My dad got me a great Bday present...

VtotheZ
10-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Well we have both been skeptical about Front sight but my pops decided to get us and my uncle the 4 day defensive gun class at Front Sight.

We most likely will go in Feb of 2011, maybe by then I will have a new hand gun to train with. OR Ill just take my XD45 and my USP9. I am thinking I will go for the USP the whole time because 9mm is much cheaper to shoot considering I will be needing almost 1000 rounds of ammo.

I know I see posts about this place all the time, Has any of you been there recently? Thoughts, opinions?

I CANT WAIT!

Andy Taylor
10-11-2010, 7:52 AM
congrats

evidens83
10-11-2010, 7:58 AM
Sounds like fun.

Droc101
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
My dad is a huge advocate of front sight. You are going to have a blast.

Colt-45
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
You have to wait until February?

You must be a very patient person.

Heiko
10-11-2010, 8:44 PM
It's been a long time since I was last there but it was good. The ranges are nice and they are vey organized. The instruction was good.

Just watch for the sales pitches. They get pretty annoying. Dr. Ignatius Piazza, the millionaire patriot, 100 Weapon Combat Master, bon vivant and man about town, is all about selling memberships and property. Be ready to tune that out.

VtotheZ
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know if I will need different holsters? I was planning on bringing my blackhawk serpa holsters, but it looks like I might need a CC holster of some sorts? Not sure what supplies to bring.

Heiko
10-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know if I will need different holsters? I was planning on bringing my blackhawk serpa holsters, but it looks like I might need a CC holster of some sorts? Not sure what supplies to bring.

Might as well bring them both. My 2-day pistol class only used IWB holsters.

Bring warm clothing! I can't remember what month we were there but we were not prepared for how cold it got. We went in search of warmer clothes and all they had in Pahrump (at that time) was Walgreens. :o

bjl333
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Does you dad want to adopt a new brother for you?? My Bday is coming up too!!! :D:D:D.

Congrats !!!! You'll enjoy yourself.