PDA

View Full Version : having pc troubles

Ls1FALimpala
10-10-2010, 4:42 PM
for the past week when i google something and i click on the link i want it goes to mysearchcorp.com it does that even when im on youtube is this problem serious? i had this computer its a dell desktop with windows xp for about 6 years now and havnt had a problem with it. anyhelp will be appriciated....

Inoxmark
10-10-2010, 4:55 PM
What is Google Hijack virus? (http://www.brighthub.com/internet/google/articles/72871.aspx)

Download and run Malwarebytes. Should get rid of this thing. I had a similar issue 2-3 years ago, as far as I recall it wasn't too difficult to fix.

Ls1FALimpala
10-11-2010, 11:32 AM
is the malware site functioning right now it doesnt let me tru...

high_revs
10-11-2010, 12:00 PM
you mean http://www.malwarebytes.org ? ?

working for me. inoxmark's url above works too.

which browser you're using? if firefox, can you try to boot in safemode?

Ls1FALimpala
10-11-2010, 4:19 PM
yes that site and im using ie explorer. marks link works but it says the webpage cannot be displayed...

Josh3239
10-11-2010, 4:22 PM
You can get it at www.download.com

Ls1FALimpala
10-11-2010, 4:24 PM
nice it works! downloading it now ill let everyone how it works thanks...

Turo
10-11-2010, 4:24 PM
for the past week when i google something and i click on the link i want it goes to mysearchcorp.com it does that even when im on youtube is this problem serious? i had this computer its a dell desktop with windows xp for about 6 years now and havnt had a problem with it. anyhelp will be appriciated....

Have you reinstalled windows at any time in those 6 years? It may be time. Yes, the virus may be easy enough to remove, but they can easily muck up important stuff that you may not notice for a few weeks/months.

2DoorImpala
10-11-2010, 7:26 PM
IE sucks

Ls1FALimpala
10-12-2010, 6:04 AM
well now that u ask i did reinstall it about 5 or so years ago...

i did download malwarebytes i try to run it but it doesnt want to...

Ls1FALimpala
10-12-2010, 9:57 AM
i reboot in safe mode it worked a little but its still redirecting...

l_Z_l
10-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I ran malwarebytes then w/o rebooting ran hitman pro all in safe mode, then rebooted. It worked for me. I might have been infected w/ something different than urs. Mine kept going to random ad sites.

Turo
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
well now that u ask i did reinstall it about 5 or so years ago...

i did download malwarebytes i try to run it but it doesnt want to...

It's time to reinstall windows then. Just make sure you have all the disks to reinstall the programs you use, save all your documents, pictures, and videos to an external drive, and that you have your original windows product key. Windows really can't last that long with normal browsing and working use without contracting some kind of nasty bug.

badandy
10-13-2010, 4:11 AM
Typically the virus/trojan/bug/worm, will not allow you to install/run anything to disable it. You need to download from an un-infected computer to a flash drive, boot in safe mode to install. I typically run malwarebytes in safe mode... install/update/run and run a quick scan... it will likely get several hits. then you should be able to update your antivirus, and you should now run a "boot time" scan for virus... If your A/V doesn't offer that option... throw it away and get avast4home, free home use anti virus. The process will be the same, you need to install and run while in safe mode to hopefully keep your virus at bay while you clean it. then you should be able to rerun, malwarebytes as well as your antivirus in "normal mode" running full scans to fully clean your computer.

Zdeth
10-18-2010, 10:48 PM
If you're running windows for more than a year and surfing the web you should start with a fresh reinstall, hopefully you still have the windows install disk/hardware drivers?... or someone that can help you with it.

some quick fixes that may/may not work are:

If you remember the date it started happening you could do a search for all files created that date and delete the ones you dont know are trust worthy (long shot, but hey its worked for me before)

Switch to different web browser like Firefox or google chrome, I have no experience with IE due to the bad reputation it has with that sort of thing, so a switch might prevent problems in the future

Good Luck!!

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-19-2010, 12:32 AM
A rootkit has installed itself onto your system and those are a real pain to remove. Try ComboFix (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix). Follow the instructions or you might fry your Windows installation. Also be sure to download Spybot S&D and HijackThis. I recommend ComboFix before anything else.

d4v0s
10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Also make sure there isnt a proxy setup on IE, malware does this often to redirect you to download more junk.

tools< internet options< connections< lan settings
Uncheck proxy at the bottom, and recheck automatically detect settings. Also run smitfraudfix in safe mode after doing this, it will repair your index files, Dns cache, and all other issues malware infections normally cause.

Nick1236
10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
make sure you donwload the lastest updates for Malwarebytes. Also download Spybot S&D (both are free). I Run both once a week and my computer(s) have been malware/spyware free for the last 3 years.