PDA

View Full Version : Kimber raptor

Tommy-gun-justin
10-09-2010, 5:16 PM
Well i've bin seeing alot of kimber raptors lately and i want to know more about them.what is so diffrent about it to the other
1911's.i see it has raptor pattern and grip but can anyone give me
more info about it.
what ammo feeds good with it and when is the wear down period?
:cool:

Tommy-gun-justin
10-09-2010, 5:17 PM
i have a question to.is it like any other tle service model

SixtyDashOne
10-09-2010, 5:35 PM
I have a Grand Raptor II. Haven't had any problems with all kinds of FMJ and Speer GDs. I think the difference is mostly the raptor grip and slide serrations etc. Also the night sights are kinda unique in that the rear adjustable sight has a horizontal line that you align under the front dot. I've never owned a TLE though so I can't give you a true comparison.

Tommy-gun-justin
10-09-2010, 6:56 PM
I have a Grand Raptor II. Haven't had any problems with all kinds of FMJ and Speer GDs. I think the difference is mostly the raptor grip and slide serrations etc. Also the night sights are kinda unique in that the rear adjustable sight has a horizontal line that you align under the front dot. I've never owned a TLE though so I can't give you a true comparison.

ty,i just don't like how i grip the gun with glocks.i used a glock 24.

tiko
10-09-2010, 7:36 PM
I have a Raptor 5", the slide to frame is lapped by hand, no freeplay at all, very accurate, no FTF with ball, SWC or HP, trigger 3.5 lbs.

WilliamAnderson
10-09-2010, 7:55 PM
just got a stainless raptor II in 5" It's amazing and very well made. Pretty much overkill. It's also very tight.

WilliamAnderson
10-09-2010, 7:56 PM
In fact here is the link to my results from yesterday. I'm no pro, but you can see my groupings. :D http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=350754

glockman19
10-09-2010, 8:38 PM
I have 3 Raptors, full size, Pro and Ultra. IMHO, the nicest guns produced by the custom shop. PM me if you have any specific questions.

flyinghi
10-10-2010, 2:09 PM
The Raptors are simply beautiful!