PDA

View Full Version : SA XD Drop Leg Holster

Veggie
10-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I am looking for a good drop leg for a XD9 Service. Anyone have any recommendations?

I wish blackhawk made their Serpa Tactical for XDs

mceod
10-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Check Safariland

fullrearview
10-09-2010, 1:12 AM
I am looking for a good drop leg for a XD9 Service. Anyone have any recommendations?

I wish blackhawk made their Serpa Tactical for XDs

They will get there.....A rep told my dept. they would have it for the usp soon....That was 2 months ago though....

mif_slim
10-09-2010, 4:13 AM
My bro-n-law uses a serpa for his tactical.

As for leg drop holster, maybe it's your boat, but I has te pleasure of using one in a hunting trip for a week and I gotta tell you, I hated it!moves around too much..just not ideal for my use, but to each their own.

OneSevenDeuce
10-09-2010, 5:02 AM
Safariland is the gold standard in drop leg holsters. If I have to use a drop leg (military situation etc) then that is it. The thumb break is so smooth that with some practice I got as fast with the Safariland as I was with a Blade-Tech with no retention device.

sytfu_RR
10-09-2010, 10:35 AM
My duty rig is a safariland SLS, I have it on a low ride holster as I cannot wear a drop leg for work. Might be a better alternative, but either way Safriland holsters are the most common ones I see in use. I have a Spectre gear drop leg holster with standard thumb break for my xd too I was trying to sell, but if you're using it for work I wouldn't recommend it.