PDA

View Full Version : Corn-fused

beb1954
10-08-2010, 3:45 PM
Okay... so I thought that if a handgun was an off list one, but in Ca. it could be purchased/transferred etc. to another in Ca. i.e. Ruger Security Six, Colt Mustang, and the like. Even if it was to be shipped from one FFL to another, i.e. again, Nor Ca. to So. Cal... I was told in so many words that this is not so...
In the words of a little old Jedi, Do or Do NOT...

Mssr. Eleganté
10-08-2010, 6:01 PM
Okay... so I thought that if a handgun was an off list one, but in Ca. it could be purchased/transferred etc. to another in Ca. i.e. Ruger Security Six, Colt Mustang, and the like. Even if it was to be shipped from one FFL to another, i.e. again, Nor Ca. to So. Cal... I was told in so many words that this is not so...
In the words of a little old Jedi, Do or Do NOT...

There is no exemption to the Roster just because both parties and the handgun are in California. There is an exemption to the Roster if the transfer is a "private party transfer". Unfortunately, the only way to do a "private party transfer" right now is if both parties are present at the FFL and both parties have either California Driver's Licenses or California ID Cards.

beb1954
10-08-2010, 8:04 PM
There is nothing in place to allow two private parties to do a transfer just because they live at opposite ends of the state? This seems to me to be an 'orchestrated' limitation to accomodate law abiding citizens...Is there nothing that can be requested from the DOJ for an exemption of whatever it would be considered to allow a purchase and transfer like this. It seems ludicrious at the very least that if two people lived with the same proximity it is legal, but if they reside outside a reasonable distance from one another, that should make it illegal. That is as senseable as many of the other so called gun-control laws this place has..
If anyone can tell us if there is anyway that a transaction as this can be accomodated, please do...
thanks...

Mssr. Eleganté
10-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Some dealers used to do something called a "split PPT" where they would accept a PPT being shipped in from another California resident. This involved somehow treating the transfer as a gun show transfer. Then CalDOJ started telling dealers that they could no longer do this.

beb1954
10-09-2010, 7:51 AM
Well of course they did... friggen state..

tenpercentfirearms
10-10-2010, 6:35 AM
There is nothing in place to allow two private parties to do a transfer just because they live at opposite ends of the state? This seems to me to be an 'orchestrated' limitation to accomodate law abiding citizens...Is there nothing that can be requested from the DOJ for an exemption of whatever it would be considered to allow a purchase and transfer like this. It seems ludicrious at the very least that if two people lived with the same proximity it is legal, but if they reside outside a reasonable distance from one another, that should make it illegal. That is as senseable as many of the other so called gun-control laws this place has..
If anyone can tell us if there is anyway that a transaction as this can be accomodated, please do...
thanks...

Your innocence is commendable. You are just now learning that the State of California is anti-gun and they don't do things to serve your interests or protect your rights, their sole purpose is to infringe on your rights and make it more difficult for you to exercise your rights.

Never apply logic to CA gun laws. Look at them for what they are. Just ways to discourage you from owning guns.

The good news about Calguns is we exist to educate and comply with the law. We find ways to get what we want legally.