PDA

View Full Version : Back Pocket

Phillips
10-08-2010, 4:20 PM
What gun would be a nice back pocket gun? I am looking for something that would look like a average wallet when wraped in a leather holster.

I am not a LEO.

armygunsmith
10-08-2010, 4:29 PM
Any holster wallet that allows you to fire it while in the wallet would have to be registered as an AOW.

chesterthehero
10-08-2010, 4:30 PM
a friend of mine carries a kahr p380 in a wallet holster... ive tried it.. not really my thing but it works well enough...

http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm
i like the kel tec 380.. good little gun.. ive never tried that holster but i like the design of it..
my mom had a nice lil derringer wallet gun when i was a kid.. no idea what happened to it.. it was for a .22 so no dice on that in CA anyway..

armygunsmith
10-08-2010, 4:32 PM
a friend of mine carries a kahr p380 in a wallet holster... ive tried it.. not really my thing but it works well enough...

http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm
i like the kel tec 380.. good little gun.. ive never tried that holster but i like the design of it..
my mom had a nice lil derringer wallet gun when i was a kid.. no idea what happened to it.. it was for a .22 so no dice on that in CA anyway..

Carried in that fashion, does not require registration as AOW because the entire firearm is not enclosed.

Fate
10-08-2010, 4:49 PM
Carried in that fashion, does not require registration as AOW because the entire firearm is not enclosed.

A wallet gun is a felony in CA.

Please see this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=321284

To the original poster, there are many wallet HOLSTERS that fit small compact pistols and those are completely legal. As long as the pistol cannot be fired while still inside the holster then it is not a "wallet gun" and thus, legal. See NAA Guardian, Seecamp, Beretta Tomcat, Ruger LCP, etc. Some aren't on the roster, but if you have LEO connections or parent/grandparent or children out of state, there are ways to legally get around the roster.

ojisan
10-08-2010, 4:51 PM
Perfect Plastic Pocket Pistols:
Kel Tec P32
Kel Tec P3AT
Ruger LCP
Kahr P380
Taurus TCP (?)
All are clones of the original P32.

Heavier Metal Pocket Pistols:
Seecamp .32 / .380
NAA Guardian .32 / .380
Various older Mausers, Sauers, Colts, Astras, Brownings etc.

Sadly, most of these are not legal for sale here in CA as new guns to Joe Average.
Poor old Joe has to watch the used gun ads carefully and be ready to spring into action if what he is looking for comes up for sale.

The Kahr P380 is supposed to be available in CA and legal for sale to Joe and his other average buddies in late 2010.

armygunsmith
10-08-2010, 4:52 PM
A wallet gun is a felony in CA.

Please see this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=321284

To the original poster, there are many wallet HOLSTERS that fit small compact pistols and those are completely legal. As long as the pistol cannot be fired while still inside the holster then it is not a "wallet gun" and thus, legal. See NAA Guardian, Seecamp, Beretta Tomcat, Ruger LCP, etc. Some aren't on the roster, but if you have LEO connections or parent/grandparent or children out of state, there are ways to legally get around the roster.

Of course, California law. Good clarification.

Phillips
10-08-2010, 9:09 PM
Thank you for the info everyone.

I wasnt aware that there was a legal way around the roster when it comes to the Ruger LCP. The LCP would be my choice if possible. The P3AT is a very close second choice.

Is intrafamily transfers the only exemption to legally obtain a LCP?

sniper4usmc
10-08-2010, 9:49 PM
NAA 22 revolver

ojisan
10-08-2010, 9:51 PM
LEO can buy anything they want and sometimes they sell their used guns.
Watch the FS section; off-roster guns pop up there from time to time.

Phillips
10-08-2010, 10:24 PM
LEO can buy anything they want and sometimes they sell their used guns.
Watch the FS section; off-roster guns pop up there from time to time.

Thanks for the tip. I just made contact with someone and i am meeting them at a local gunshop tommorrow.

yes, i am smiling!:willy_nilly:

neuron
10-09-2010, 2:12 AM
Can't beat the Beretta 21A Bobcat in .22LR for smallness. If you want something with more potency, the PPK/S in .380ACP or an LCP.

thomasanelson
10-09-2010, 9:11 AM
Berreta 3230

FCinCA
10-09-2010, 1:17 PM
Colt Mustang.