View Full Version : Question about working behind Counter of Firearms Store

10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey there,

I'm currently about to work for a sporitng goods store here in Southern most of Californai, the owner is about to receive their FFL and other corresponding Licenses...my question - is there any kind of Certification on my bpart that I will need for me to work behind the Counter for thet Firearms section? I do have a degree of knowledge on Firearms and about to expand on that, but any info. out there would be most appreciated.


10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry I meant Southern most of California, I'm already working for this sporting goods store, I'm about to work for Firearms section---2 quick corrections on my part

Rhythm of Life
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
You can work behind the counter if your county law allows you. You cannot fill out the paperwork. So you can show them guns and everything just not sell.

ie Los Angeles county I cannot work behind the counter but in Ventura county I can.

10-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi rhythm, thx a lot appreciate the info., what about out here in my Inland Empire area? Do you know anything about that?

Again appreciate your response.

10-08-2010, 1:11 PM
some employers may require you to get a COE (Certificate of Eligibilty) before you can work there, but it isn't required by law.

Rhythm of Life
10-08-2010, 1:15 PM
I only know of those two as I have worked in both.