PDA

View Full Version : My new SIG!

JohnnyCrash
10-08-2010, 9:43 AM
I picked up my .40cal SIG Sauer P226R last night. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but it looks and feels great!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/AshCaster/Guns/sigp226r.jpg

I also got my rail adapter and tac light for my Smith and Wesson SW40VE in the mail yesterday. This is my HD weapon, so I've gotta see what I'm pointing at.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/AshCaster/Guns/sigp226rAndSW40VE.jpg

gorenut
10-08-2010, 9:58 AM
Nice. Sigs definitely have a nice quality feel to them. I've owned 2 P226s before because they felt so nice in my hand. Unfortunately I had to come to the realization that I just shoot some other guns better and reluctantly got rid of them.

bjl333
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Congrats on the addition !!! I love my Sigs. I shoot Sigs better then any other autos. Have fun and be safe.

shortround1
10-08-2010, 10:39 AM
That's a great piece. I have the same model, I call her sweetness.

Oldnoob
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats on the Sig.

Just one more thought. You have a Sig 226R now and you still use your Sigma for your last line of home defense? :eek:

Black Majik
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Johnny Cash, congrats on the new P226!

Just one more thought. You have a Sig 226R now and you still use your Sigma for your last line of home defense? :eek:

Well of course. Last line of defense is throwing the pistol at the BG. Sure as heck ain't gonna be the SIG! :D

JohnnyCrash
10-08-2010, 11:54 AM

Well of course. Last line of defense is throwing the pistol at the BG. Sure as heck ain't gonna be the SIG! :D

The chance I will ever need HD is very slim. In that chance though, I feel more than fine with the cheap little SW40VE... I've put so many rounds through it at the range, it's got a heavy DAO trigger pull (my preference for adrenaline influenced hands), and a bright tac-light.

Besides, I don't want to ugly up my SIG with a tac-light and if I can't hit an intruder at 15 feet away with my SW, why would I be any better with my SIG? 10 rounds of .40 either way.

As Black Majik mentioned, I'm protecting myself and my property - the BG aint getting my SIG or my '57 RI Les Paul :)