PDA

View Full Version : GSSF Purchase

hqly2001
10-08-2010, 9:22 AM
I was given a list of participants and i've called two and they said they have no clue how they got on the list and are not participants. Is this common?

I know LC action is and am considering going there. But should I assume that most will know the price and that 3 clips come with each purchase?

Does anyone know what generation are offer for the gssf purchases?
What kinds of fees and other costs should i expect with my purchase?
Taxes and Dros ($25)? anything else?

SJgunguy24
10-08-2010, 9:35 AM
I was given a list of participants and i've called two and they said they have no clue how they got on the list and are not participants. Is this common?

I know LC action is and am considering going there. But should I assume that most will know the price and that 3 clips come with each purchase?

I know of only 1 in the Bay Area, that is LC Action. If your LEO then you get the GSSF price anyway. If not you can only buy rostered guns at that price. As to how many mag's, most guns at LC come with 3 mags, that's because they sell exclusively weapons for duty use. Not 100% sure if your gun will have 3 or not though.

pinwheels
10-08-2010, 9:56 AM
I just got a G17 through Bullseye in San Rafael. Check the GSSF website for the current pricelist and available models. OD is disappearing, as is RTF2. No Gen4s for California unless you're authorized to buy non-rostered models. GSSF gave me a list of about 6 or 8dealers around the bay area (actually, they read me the complete list of CA cities and asked which were close). Bullseye was out of stock for several weeks, so you may want to ask about that. Mine came with three standard cap mags (not "clips"), which the store is swapping out for 10 rounders.

fusion
10-08-2010, 1:28 PM
Was it using a GSSF member discount at Bullseye? Just curious because they where listed on the list but when I called, I was told that they where not. Kind of confusing.

I just got a G17 through Bullseye in San Rafael. Check the GSSF website for the current pricelist and available models. OD is disappearing, as is RTF2. No Gen4s for California unless you're authorized to buy non-rostered models. GSSF gave me a list of about 6 or 8dealers around the bay area (actually, they read me the complete list of CA cities and asked which were close). Bullseye was out of stock for several weeks, so you may want to ask about that. Mine came with three standard cap mags (not "clips"), which the store is swapping out for 10 rounders.

igorts
10-08-2010, 1:36 PM
LC Action worked well for me. 2 mags for me, it was long wait for G29SF.

Donkeypunch0420
10-08-2010, 1:42 PM
Sorry to thread jack, but are there any So Cal dealers that honor GSSF discount?

pinwheels
10-08-2010, 3:07 PM
Was it using a GSSF member discount at Bullseye? Just curious because they where listed on the list but when I called, I was told that they where not. Kind of confusing.

Yep, GSSF program. This was Bullseye San Rafael, but I think Castro Valley too. Ask for Ethan.

pinwheels
10-08-2010, 3:08 PM
Sorry to thread jack, but are there any So Cal dealers that honor GSSF discount?

Yes, there were a bunch of cities on the list. You have to call them to find close ones, but they're very helpful.

hqly2001
10-08-2010, 3:51 PM
how come some only come with two mags for gssf purchase?
oon gssf website it says satandard is 3 mags?

Gryff
10-08-2010, 4:58 PM

LC Action will pull out the three high-cap mags and replace them with two 10-rounders.

You will get a Generation 3 gun.

You will pay tax and DROS on top of the GSSF purchase price.

hqly2001
10-08-2010, 7:26 PM
thx for info gryff...
gssf site actually says 3 mags.. so it's not true? and will only be 2?

7.62x54R
10-08-2010, 7:32 PM

Not that i know of. I bought mine threw Eds Public safety did my transfer at T&A Armory in Santa ana. 540$ OTD G19 3 mags

Gryff
10-09-2010, 9:25 AM
thx for info gryff...
gssf site actually says 3 mags.. so it's not true? and will only be 2?

They changed the policy. Prior to this year, it was only two mags. Now it's three.

:thumbsup:

I was also wrong (partially) about the generation. Glock finally added the RTF and Gen4 models to the purchase list (http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf). Just an issue with which ones are on the safe handgun roster.

Not that i know of. I bought mine threw Eds Public safety did my transfer at T&A Armory in Santa ana. 540$ OTD G19 3 mags

Ugh. Base GSSF price of a G19 is $425. With tax and DROS, it should only be about $497 total. Be sure to call GSSF to get a list of supporting dealers in your area, then call the list. Also be sure to talk to a manager, since not every salesperson will be familiar with the program. That way you can avoid having to hand over extra $$$ to non-list FFL for having it shipped to you.

hqly2001
10-11-2010, 8:08 PM
No doubt most of the folks on the list have no idea what to do. I called a couple of dealers and 3 of the 4 said the gun would not include any magazines and that they would need to buy the 10 cap mags and give them to me. I thought the program was sponsored by Glock but I guess it's not the case. I've also found that most are not fond of the program. One said he'll sell me one but with only 2 mags instead of the three, one said he has no idea what i was talking about and the other said price is for gun only. I would have to buy my own mag. This program is not as well received as I'd thought.

Cyc Wid It
10-11-2010, 8:09 PM
GSSF program = gun shop makes less money. Of course they're grumpy, it's like PPT's... some FFL's grub for every last dollar.

hqly2001
10-11-2010, 9:16 PM
How do they keep track of the 1 purchase per year? Dealer contacts GSSF to confirm and make it on the system that you've bought your one for the year?

Is it one per calendar year or one per 12 month period?

SPR18
10-11-2010, 9:38 PM
Yep, GSSF program. This was Bullseye San Rafael, but I think Castro Valley too. Ask for Ethan.

what about people always say about the "blue label", what's that?

Greg-Dawg
10-12-2010, 8:40 AM
what about people always say about the "blue label", what's that?

For cops and free state peeps: standard capacity magazines.

Thanks GSSF for my G17G4: $398.20 baby!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen43006.jpg

cyrus
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
A little thread jacking here. So how does it work a LC action? They buzz you in? Don't you have to be LEO just to go in? Just tell them about the GSSF program and get a black look or is it a known deal?

Gryff
10-12-2010, 10:35 AM
A little thread jacking here. So how does it work a LC action? They buzz you in? Don't you have to be LEO just to go in? Just tell them about the GSSF program and get a black look or is it a known deal?

Anybody can walk in. They just don't sell LEO-restricted gear to non-LEOs.

SPR18
10-12-2010, 11:29 AM
For cops and free state peeps: standard capacity magazines.

Thanks GSSF for my G17G4: $398.20 baby!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen43006.jpg

do you get a blue label gun if use the gssf program?:)

pingpong
10-12-2010, 1:23 PM

No problem dealing with them. The most surprising thing actually is that every single employee I've seen there have been women. They don't have any of the attitude you would find in a stereotypical gun store.

SPR18
10-12-2010, 1:44 PM
No problem dealing with them. The most surprising thing actually is that every single employee I've seen there have been women. They don't have any of the attitude you would find in a stereotypical gun store.

i always wonder why???:(
i always go to the local same shop even i have to pay more,
lucky that is one near to my work and one near to my home

Greg-Dawg
10-12-2010, 1:48 PM
do you get a blue label gun if use the gssf program?:)

Yup.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Pin%20Ups/G17Gen4001.jpg

icedevil
10-12-2010, 1:52 PM
How do they keep track of the 1 purchase per year? Dealer contacts GSSF to confirm and make it on the system that you've bought your one for the year?

Is it one per calendar year or one per 12 month period?

No idea how they keep track, but there was a thread on glocktalk where someone claimed to have spoken to Donna at GSSF and confirmed that it is one per calendar year (not membership year or 12 mos period), so you could join today, buy one now and buy another after Jan 1.

They used to send actual certificates for GSSF members to buy discounted guns, and they would only send one per year. Now that they no longer issue certificates, my guess is they don't keep track of the one per year. Glock already sells tons of guns to LEOs, military, vets, first responders, etc. at prices that are lower than the GSSF price so they could probably care less if a few GSSF members buy an extra gun or two at that price.

hqly2001
10-12-2010, 9:20 PM
very good info... thanks all..
Now only if my membership can arrive. I was told that it was sent out a week ago but I've yet to see anything!

Martel
10-13-2010, 6:12 AM
I sent a check for a 1 year on September 9. Just got my packet yesterday.

hqly2001
10-13-2010, 9:19 PM
I sent a check for a 1 year on September 9. Just got my packet yesterday.

I sent mine back in august and i still haven;t gotten mine. I called a week ago and was told that it was sent out and there's no way it should take 7-8 days to get to me. Something isn't right... congrats to you.. now go out and get a glock lol

SPR18
10-13-2010, 10:06 PM
what take them so long to process??? i switch my friend from other gun to glock and i told him to join 2 months ago, he haven't got it yet???:rolleyes:

SPR18
10-13-2010, 10:08 PM
did you guys fax or mail, or how you pay?
will all that affect the process?
:D

Martel
10-14-2010, 9:21 AM
I sent mine back in august and i still haven;t gotten mine. I called a week ago and was told that it was sent out and there's no way it should take 7-8 days to get to me. Something isn't right... congrats to you.. now go out and get a glock lol

Yeah, I heard some stories on Glocktalk about people waiting 3-4 months, so I was a bit concerned. Glock certainly pulls a lot of $$$ with this GSSF thing. Shouldn't take too long to process ime.