PDA

View Full Version : springfield milspec problem ?

plankowner
10-08-2010, 6:31 AM
I was hoping somebody can answer this for me I have a milspec that I bought back in 93 ( I think) and have never had this problem,
I went to lytle creek last Saturday and we where shooting this .45 and all of a sudden it would not fire and looking at it the firing pin was gone , we looked around and found the pin the spring and the stop put it back together and continued on shooting, but now I want to now why it came out is it just springs ? cause sometimes I do keep it for hd at home and now it would pretty much suck if I all of a sudden had no firing pin,

M. D. Van Norman
10-08-2010, 6:58 AM
The assembly worked its way out under recoil. You may want to tighten up the stop.

JRJCP
10-08-2010, 8:35 AM
You have loose firing pin stop. I have o/s firing pin stop and I can install for you.

mceod
10-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Another option, since it is a Springfield, is to send it back to them to make sure that is the only problem.

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
10-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Just remember your gun has a life time warranty, if it is a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec, this shouldn't cost you a dime, give them a call, there customer service is tops.

tEN wOLVES