PDA

View Full Version : Firearms training course in so cal

Gun Nerd
10-08-2010, 4:28 AM
Does anybody know a good firearms training course in so cal????

I'm looking for something that offers a "clearing a home situation"

HCz
10-08-2010, 6:37 AM
FTA(Firearm Training Associates) in Raahauges(Norco/Corona) comes to mind.

Just be aware that such "house clearing" courses are not the ones you can take without previous classes. There is certain level of proficiency that has to be there.

PatriotnMore
10-08-2010, 6:45 AM
FTA(Firearm Training Associates) in Raahauges(Norco/Corona) comes to mind.

Just be aware that such "house clearing" courses are not the ones you can take without previous classes. There is certain level of proficiency that has to be there.

They are a good outfit, they also have good low light courses.

http://www.ftatv.com/classes

zman
10-08-2010, 6:56 AM
Their course location (Rock Pile) should be close to you too.

http://www.faitharmory.com/training-events-i-55.html?osCsid=dd8e79bdc48da8c0428f5d8344d2166c

DaveFJ80
10-08-2010, 7:33 AM

This. I've taken a few defensive handgun courses from different people, and each require taking their basic and advanced handgun courses before even getting into "house clearing" training.

Find one that offers what you are looking for (since they all teach slightly different methods) and stick with that and build up your skills & practice.

Greg-Dawg
10-08-2010, 7:43 AM
Greg Block.

Black Majik
10-08-2010, 8:27 AM
There are a lot of good "tactical/defensive" classes available in CA. If you want to really improve your pistol shooting however, I would follow the Grayguns guys around for a full weekend class. It'll really shrink your groups down, as well as becoming a much more efficient pistol shooter. You'll run past 1K (around 1400 rds) rounds for a 3 day weekend, bring tape because your fingers may need to be bandaged by the 3rd day.

SuperSet
10-08-2010, 8:33 AM

This is correct info. A level 1 class prerequisite is usually required. Once you have that, check into LMS Defense. They teach a Home Defense class that encompasses more than weapon handling. They have very good instructors with solid creds.

migz
10-08-2010, 9:22 AM
falcon security group:
http://falconsecurity.us/courses/

I took Tac Pistol 1. Their instructors are top notch.

Black Majik
10-08-2010, 9:29 AM
For the most part all Level 1 / intro "tactical / handgun defense" is all the same. How to draw, and present the pistol on target, malfunction drills etc... For a class to really distinguish between one another is how they present the drills in some of the more advanced stuff is really where you notice the different styles of each school. I personally wouldn't take one specific school's training as "the right way" to shoot, you'll have to go to multiple schools and find out for yourself which drills and style suits you best, since everyone is different.

Just my opinion, fwiw.

NiteQwill
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Falcon Security
Grey Group
EAG or Magpul (when they're in town)

As Richard said, the best way to learn is to take many classes and find out what is best for you. The 3 classes above always put out that their way of training "is not always the right way, it is A WAY." I respect them for that and that is why I recommend them. Not to mention their methodology of instructing is superb.

lehn20
10-08-2010, 1:27 PM
WWW.TFTT.COM

OR ITTS

Why train with a bunch of unknowns when you have access to 2 of the best in the industry in Socal!.