PDA

View Full Version : newb with q about gun shops in the scv

papichulo
10-07-2010, 5:50 PM
well i live in the santa clarita valley and there are virtually no gun shops out here with the exception of oaktree. that said, and besides turners, are there any other gun shops in the san fernando valley or surrounding areas? yes i googled it but it doesn't come up with much. i would like to buy a colt 1911 to start my collection.

himurax13
10-07-2010, 5:59 PM
Well do you plan on buying from the store or buying online and getting it transferred? Do you want new or used? I don't have anything against Oak Tree except their prices. There is the Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley, Turner's in Reseda (they have to conform to the City of LA laws), Turner's in Pasadena, I think Gun World in Burbank is still around, and then there is Martin B Retting that is a little further south in Culver City.

KaTooM
10-07-2010, 6:07 PM
Big 5 on Magic mountain parkway, Oaktree, thats all I know of. My last few buys have all been from the classifieds here on Calguns. I really wanted a Colt Government 1911 and I found one here on Calguns, we did the transfer at Oaktree.

Martin and Retting has a pretty good selection of 1911's. They are in Culver city.

CSACANNONEER
10-07-2010, 6:21 PM
Fort Courage in Simi.

papichulo
10-07-2010, 6:25 PM
Big 5 on Magic mountain parkway, Oaktree, thats all I know of. My last few buys have all been from the classifieds here on Calguns. I really wanted a Colt Government 1911 and I found one here on Calguns, we did the transfer at Oaktree.

Martin and Retting has a pretty good selection of 1911's. They are in Culver city.

sweet. got the day off tomorrow, looks like i got some driving to do. i've kept my eye on the classifieds but the ones that peak my interest are either south towards san diego or in the bay area.

CapnHawk
10-07-2010, 9:42 PM
Gun World is gone. All their firearm inventory was acquired by Martin Retting.

gau17
10-07-2010, 9:58 PM
Independent Armament in San Fernando take the 5 to the 210, exit hubbard make a right. Left on Glen Oaks, immediate left in the shopping center.

I belive they changed their name but still in business. Talk to Dima.

Timberwolf
10-07-2010, 10:00 PM
You can drive the short distance up to the Antelope Valley - between Palmdale and Lancaster we have a few gun stores.

papichulo
10-09-2010, 8:59 PM
thanks guys for your input. i went to martin and retting, and pdg tool and supply(formerly independent armamnet) both places had real knowledable people. dimitry was awesome, he answered many questions and was very cool.

papichulo
10-09-2010, 9:01 PM

found one here. taking a drive to the bay area!

morfeeis
10-10-2010, 11:53 AM
well i live in the santa clarita valley and there are virtually no gun shops out here with the exception of oaktree. that said, and besides turners, are there any other gun shops in the san fernando valley or surrounding areas? yes i googled it but it doesn't come up with much. i would like to buy a colt 1911 to start my collection.

I'll tell you this much, after dealing with some of the folks out here I felt the need to drive up the 14 to www.safespaceshooting.com best ffl ever