View Full Version : Does anyone know how to covert an KMZ file to video?

10-07-2010, 3:53 PM
So today i was on google earth and decided to make a tour video to map out a good bug out area but i can't convert it to a video file.Does anyone know of a way to convert to atleast mp4,avi, mpg or something?

forgot to mention that i did try google and found nothing

10-07-2010, 4:35 PM

10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
You can use the Movie Maker feature of Google Earth to record 3D viewer imagery and save the recording as a movie file. You can either set the recorder to record your interactions with the 3D viewer in real-time, or you can set up a tour and record the entire tour without interruption.

The Movie Maker feature supports different movie file formats:

* Windows Media Video (WMV) - (Windows and Linux only) This output file format is compressed and optimized for presentations. These WMV files can be further configured for the best type of delivery, such as via a T1 web connection or over a 56K modem connection.
* Audio Video Interleave (AVI) - (Windows and Linux only) Movies created in AVI format are uncompressed and as a result, generate extremely large files, making it almost impossible for a standard movie player to play back the recording. This is useful only if you want to edit the movie clips using a movie editing software.
* Image Stream (JPG) - Movies can be captured as images in variable or fixed length. This format is useful if you want to control the speed artificially and edit each screenshot (frame by frame).
* QuickTime - (Mac only) Movies can be captured in Apple QuickTime .mov format.

10-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks madcount i'll try to do that

10-10-2010, 4:15 AM
KMZ files are not video.

Keyhole Markup Language (KML) is an XML-based language schema for expressing geographic annotation and visualization on Internet-based, two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional Earth browsers. KML was developed for use with Google Earth, which was originally named Keyhole Earth Viewer. It was created by Keyhole, Inc, which was acquired by Google in 2004. The name "Keyhole" is an homage to the KH reconnaissance satellites, the original eye-in-the-sky military reconnaissance system first launched in 1976. KML is an international standard of the Open Geospatial Consortium. Google Earth was the first program able to view and graphically edit KML files. Other projects such as Marble have also started to develop KML support.[1]

10-10-2010, 6:37 AM
Or you can use a screen recording software to do that too. Similar to like a video demonstration of a how to.

10-10-2010, 1:36 PM
If you go to the screen recording way, Camtasia studio 7 is awesome