PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever found a stray bullet?

85FourEyedGT
10-07-2010, 4:31 PM
So I went to Wally World yesterday to pick up some ammunition for my new gun I pickup today , got a box of WWB and some federal 9mm

when i get home I start looking through the WWB just curiously and as im putting them all back in the box I realize that there was one of these in there

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/efrenjimenez/IMG_20101007_160630.jpg

So i look through all my rounds to make sure that it didnt come off of any of them, but all 100 were intact.

So ,I kinda just ended up with a random bullet in my box

this ever happened to anyone?

on a sidenote, the brass for WWB doesnt look very good, first time I have bought it and it has a lot of scuffs and has what looks like rust on the 9mm luger marking near the primer, guess ill stick to federal

762.DEFENSE
10-07-2010, 5:53 PM
I buy WWB all the time and have never had this happen to me. Along with all the WWB I buy from Walmart I never have had issues with it. Guess you found a prize in your box lol.

loosewreck
10-07-2010, 5:55 PM
Souvenir :p

Rekrab
10-07-2010, 6:02 PM
It's like finding a toy at the bottom of your cereal!

evidens83
10-07-2010, 6:04 PM
I found .22 bullets in a public laundry mat once.

GŁnter
10-07-2010, 6:10 PM
IMO It seems to me from experience that WWB have a little quality consistancy issues compared to some of the other brands i've shot. Great plinking ammo however.

Bigtwin
10-07-2010, 6:13 PM
I guess you were the winner of the prize! I used to buy that stuff all the time....until I started reloading, never had a problem with it.

six10
10-07-2010, 6:50 PM
Anyone ever found a stray bullet?
Yes, embedded in the hood of my car! It was Oakland, New Year's Day, 1992; a lot of "celebrants" idiotically and illegally fired their pistols into the air on New Year's Eve. When I discovered they'd shot my Civic, I realized it was time to move...

Zdiddy
10-07-2010, 7:13 PM
Found about 5 hollow point .22 rounds at work. More than likely from someones package.

chesterthehero
10-07-2010, 8:21 PM
almost monthly sometimes more.. rooftops sorta gather those things..

destro360
10-07-2010, 8:34 PM
funny/weird story... i used to manage a tire shop a few years ago.. an elderly lady came in with a flat tire she wanted patched, i found the hole broke it down, took the tire off and found a distorted piece of lead.... looks closer and could identify that it was in fact a 22 bullet haha i took it inside and shower her she just shrugged her shoulders about it.... makes me wonder if granny had mafia ties or was up to know good haha

Rally Dave
10-07-2010, 9:04 PM
I found a spent bullet in my attic not too long ago. It looks to be little smaller than 9mm. I live in Long Beach, so I think it came from a New Years celebration. I don't know how it punched through the roof though without deforming. It's strange, because I found a bunch of roofing tar and crap on the bullet indicating it had done so.

Here is my crappy Iphone pic.

QuarterBoreGunner
10-07-2010, 9:10 PM
Bullets? no.

Shell casings? Lots. WEST OAKLAND REPRESENT!

No seriously, never a spent round, but a few empties, yeah. Dug up a really old .44 case in my front yard a couple months back.

nick
10-07-2010, 9:18 PM
I found a few stray bullets in my time, some of them in me.

IntoForever
10-07-2010, 9:18 PM
It's like finding a toy at the bottom of your cereal!

Just don't eat the rest with milk

meaty-btz
10-07-2010, 9:28 PM
Oh tons, usually recovered from the "training fields" from soldiers who didn't want to hoof the ammo back after maneuvers stash it under bushes and under rocks. I think I still have an entire full belt of ammo in the plastic "clip" for a SAW... some where... its been more than a decade since I last saw it. Most were blanks used for live-fire training. I can understand after a day in 100F+ heat that any extra weight was "excessive".

Caiden07
10-07-2010, 9:48 PM
Magic Bullet that will solve California's problem???:yes:

komrad
10-07-2010, 10:35 PM
funny/weird story... i used to manage a tire shop a few years ago.. an elderly lady came in with a flat tire she wanted patched, i found the hole broke it down, took the tire off and found a distorted piece of lead.... looks closer and could identify that it was in fact a 22 bullet haha i took it inside and shower her she just shrugged her shoulders about it.... makes me wonder if granny had mafia ties or was up to know good haha

perhaps she ran over the fella with the 22? :o

mif_slim
10-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I found at least a few hundred stray bullet while walking to out to check my target.... Does that count?

ander
10-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Even factory ammo will come with defects. I've had brass casings split in half (in my 686). My cousin found a round where the projectile was crimped into the casing backwards before!

Scratch705
10-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Oh tons, usually recovered from the "training fields" from soldiers who didn't want to hoof the ammo back after maneuvers stash it under bushes and under rocks. I think I still have an entire full belt of ammo in the plastic "clip" for a SAW... some where... its been more than a decade since I last saw it. Most were blanks used for live-fire training. I can understand after a day in 100F+ heat that any extra weight was "excessive".

sell them? haha they were already paid by your tax dollars so might as well collect some back if they are leaving it out there.

crackerman
10-07-2010, 11:58 PM
While cleaning out some old crap i found my ex-wife's silver bullet does that count?:puke:

85FourEyedGT
10-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Bullets? no.

Shell casings? Lots. WEST OAKLAND REPRESENT!

No seriously, never a spent round, but a few empties, yeah. Dug up a really old .44 case in my front yard a couple months back.

its all about east oakland!

and to the guy with the honda that got shot during new years in oakland

ill one up you, I woke up one day to find the window on our nissan truck shattered and a bullethole in the seats, in oakland, just another day lol

johnthomas
10-08-2010, 12:39 AM
I was at the range, rifle side, felt something hit my right foot, I was stationed next to the wall. I looked down and there was a 45 cal.

corporateslave
10-08-2010, 9:29 AM
When I was a kid I found a very deformed HP bullet sitting in the middle of a table in a Wendy's.

Dubious_Beans
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I found a few stray bullets in my time, some of them in me.

I think this would be my least favorite place to find them. :eek:

scarville
10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Jeez! You guys must live in some rough neighborhoods.

pinwheels
10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Yep. Years back, found a 9mm (I think) FMJ stuck in my roof. The base of the bullet was just about flush with the surface in composition roofing, so velocity was pretty much spent. Still spinning, though, based on scratches on the copper jacket from the gravel in the roofing.

VegasND
10-08-2010, 3:54 PM
Yep. Years back, found a 9mm (I think) FMJ stuck in my roof. The base of the bullet was just about flush with the surface in composition roofing, so velocity was pretty much spent. Still spinning, though, based on scratches on the copper jacket from the gravel in the roofing.
My dad had a roofing company in Orange County. He kept a little tobacco tin in his pickup with the bullets he took out of roofs. He must have collected 3 or 4 dozen of them over the 30 or so years he was in business.

mnh327
10-08-2010, 9:54 PM
That's weird to find that.

Just a little about Wallyworld's WWB 100 pack 9mm. Every one I've ever bought contains 101 rounds. Count them next time, you'll find the same.

You got 100 and 1/2 :)

Inner Nerd
10-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I found a single round of .38 special FMJ in my tray of Winchester Ranger RA45T JHP... They couldn't explain how that got past QC.
I've always gotten 100 or 101 rounds in my WWB 9mm though.

Basically their quality control sucks.

WilliamAnderson
10-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I bet you it's chocolate filled. You should eat it :D

wrightb
10-09-2010, 2:13 AM
I was shooting my 40 at an indoor range once, my buddy waiting to the side. One of the bullets went through the target, bounced back and hit him square in the fingers of the hand that was draped over his nuts. Found that bullet, but I let him keep it

gasol1ne
10-09-2010, 2:41 AM
i once found a bullet inside the casing of polish surplus 7.62x25. After I opened up the spam can, i randomly opened up a box and started checking the ammo, and that is when i noticed that one of them didnt feel right. There was this rattling inside the round and the weight wasnt the same as the others.

So I took out the kinetic bullet puller to see what was going on. I separated the bullet from the case, and to my surprise there was no powder in there, but instead there was another bullet in there.