PDA

View Full Version : Shipping ammo.

ap3572001
10-07-2010, 11:33 AM
What is an easy way to ship factory ammo in Ca? ( Say form SF to Sacramento) .

rodeoflyer
10-07-2010, 11:44 AM
In a box.

Speedpower
10-07-2010, 11:49 AM

USPS Flat Rate Box, SF to Sacramento is quite a short distance, there are 3 Flat Rate boxes, 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large, you can fit as many ammo in the box (unlimited weight as long as it fits inside the box) hope this helps.

ap3572001
10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Speedpower;5085994]USPS Flat Rate Box, SF to Sacramento is quite a short distance, there are 3 Flat Rate boxes, 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large, you can fit as many ammo in the box (unlimited weight as long as it fits inside the box) hope this helps.[/QUOT

Thank You !

9mmepiphany
10-07-2010, 1:10 PM
you know it's illegal to ship ammo through the USPS right?...and it will need an ORM-D sticker

MaHoTex
10-07-2010, 1:23 PM
USPS Flat Rate Box, SF to Sacramento is quite a short distance, there are 3 Flat Rate boxes, 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large, you can fit as many ammo in the box (unlimited weight as long as it fits inside the box) hope this helps.

Besides what 9mm says above, the limit is 70 pounds.

IronColt
10-07-2010, 1:26 PM
ORM-D is a marking for mail or shipping in the United States that identifies "Other Regulated Materials-Domestic". Packages bearing this mark contain hazardous material in a limited quantity that presents a limited hazard during transportation, due to its form, quantity, and packaging.

Consumer commodity is a hazardous material that is packaged and distributed in a quantity and form intended or suitable for retail sale and designed for consumption by individuals for their personal care or household use purposes. This term can also include certain drugs or medicines.

Examples of items classed ORM-D include:

* Aerosol cans
* Automotive batteries
* Perfumes
* Some photographic chemicals
* Lighters
* Small arms ammunition
* Beer
* Drain Openers

The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 49 Part 171.8 defines a Consumer Commodity and those items with exceptions provided in the 172.101 table, of limited quantity, and conforming to the definition of "Consumer Commodity" may be marked and sent ORM-D. There are weight and volume restrictions for all ORM-D packages which vary by hazard class. For example, a gallon of a Class 3 flammable liquid PGII cannot be reclassified as ORM-D because it exceeds the limited quantity volume. However, if you have a gallon of a Class 6, PGIII material, that gallon is within the volume criteria for a Limited Quantity. That gallon can then be labeled as an ORM-D if it meets the definition of a substance that can be converted from a Limited Quantity to an ORM-D.

It is impossible to have an ORM-D that does not fit the criteria for a Limited Quantity. First an item is determined to be a Limited Quantity, and then you can determine if it can be reclassified further to become an ORM-D. If you are able to reclassify your item as ORM-D the proper shipping name is now "Consumer Commodity" as found in the 172.101 table. This product will no longer fall under one of the 9 hazard classes either, its "Hazard Class or Division" is now defined as "ORM-D".

Material marked ORM-D and shipped by surface transportation do not require hazardous shipping papers, simply an ORM-D Consumer Commodity marking on the box. This marking can either be in the form of a ORM-D sticker, or written by hand. If written by hand the letters "ORM-D" must be enclosed by a rectangle. When transported by air, ORM-D shipments require an ORM-D-AIR marking and full hazardous shipping papers.

Both UPS Ground and FedEx Ground do not require a hazardous shipping contract to ship ORM-D packages except to Alaska and Hawaii.

zippo
10-07-2010, 1:26 PM
best way is UPS ground. DO NOT ship USPS.

IronColt
10-07-2010, 1:28 PM

UPS, it will get deliver the next day even if you ship ground.

odysseus
10-07-2010, 1:29 PM
UPS ground, boxed well so it won't tear apart at the seams from them throwing it around, and an ORM-D sticker on it.

onequickshift
10-07-2010, 1:31 PM
+1 9mmepiphany, thats what I thought.

onequickshift
10-07-2010, 1:32 PM
Anyone in here know if Palmetto State Armory will ship to OC, or more specificly Irvine? I emailed them, but they said they didn't know to check local laws, dunno where I would check for that. Been googling...

wamphyri13
10-07-2010, 1:43 PM
Anyone in here know if Palmetto State Armory will ship to OC, or more specificly Irvine? I emailed them, but they said they didn't know to check local laws, dunno where I would check for that. Been googling...

Check the ammo shipping restrictions provided by the Sportsman's Guide. They pretty much outline where NO ONE will ship ammo. It lists cities and counties. If you are not listed in them copy and paste it with your order. I've ordered lots of ammo from sellers on GunBroker providing that information and have had no problems.
Ryan

JanG
10-07-2010, 6:57 PM
why don't you just drive from sf to sac?

9mmepiphany
10-07-2010, 9:40 PM
that was my first thought too

yasushi
10-08-2010, 6:32 AM

I've ordered few ammo from them and no problem shipping to Missoin Viejo, Costa Mesa and Garden Grove so no issues shipping to general O.C. area.

Colt
10-08-2010, 6:35 AM

Yes, they ship to Irvine.

onequickshift
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys! I'm BUYING :)