PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the Springfield XDm

RollingCode3
10-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Does anyone have experience with the Springfield XDm 9mm or the XDm 3.8 9mm? I've always wanted one of these ever since I first got into guns. I already own a Springfield XD9. Is there a huge different between the XD and the XDm? I might pick one up in a few weeks. :p

Average Joe American
10-07-2010, 12:35 AM
No offense but the 3.8 9mm doesnt make sense to me other than its just looks cool. What do you gain with the shorter sight radius other than less accuracy?

I still like the full sized XDm's though but only if you can have the 19 round mags. Kinda sucks for you Ca. folks. I hated the original XD's looks regardless of how great a gun it might be?

Plisk
10-07-2010, 12:56 AM
You do know these are off-list right?

Blackhawk556
10-07-2010, 2:20 AM
Die list, die die die
burn burn burn
sorry. I'll shut up now

gorenut
10-07-2010, 7:39 AM
Mostly aesthetics with the XDm as most of us can't take advantage of XDm's greatest advantage of having higher capacity.

If I were to go with an XD, I'd just go with an XD Tactical or compact.

zman
10-07-2010, 7:43 AM
XD(m)

The (m) stands for Match, among others. It has a match barrel.

DaveFJ80
10-07-2010, 7:45 AM
Great gun, but real gritty trigger. Needs a good break in or even a trigger job.

fullrearview
10-07-2010, 7:47 AM
Does anyone have experience with the Springfield XDm 9mm or the XDm 3.8 9mm? I've always wanted one of these ever since I first got into guns. I already own a Springfield XD9. Is there a huge different between the XD and the XDm? I might pick one up in a few weeks. :p

Mine should be in my hands soon! I will give you a full...review when its in my hands.

fullrearview
10-07-2010, 7:52 AM
Great gun, but real gritty trigger. Needs a good break in or even a trigger job.

Really??? I thought nothing of this! The HK USP 40 I carry on my hip everyday.....THATS a gritty trigger....Thing feels like Im cockinh one of these....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greek_and_Roman_Ballista_Catapult.jpg

RollingCode3
10-07-2010, 4:36 PM

I wonder why they make the trigger so heavy (short reset but heavy). I know a lot of people need a trigger job on their XDm.

Quiet
10-07-2010, 4:48 PM
You do know these are off-list right?

The OP is exempt from the approved list.

Rekrab
10-07-2010, 5:01 PM
Exposed is a member here that owns an XDm 9mm. I shot it once and I thought it was very nice for what it is. I wouldn't go out of my way for one though.

sirgiles
10-07-2010, 5:35 PM

+1 on this.
its the same as your xd9 when you first bought it.

since your exempt from the list, its nice to have that 19 round mag as compared to your current xd9 that only has 16 rounds.
if your thinking of using the 3.8 as a ccw, printing is a common complaint because of the long grip.

ChrisTKHarris
10-07-2010, 5:43 PM
OP you realize that the XDm's are NOT on the CA DOJ roster right? I hope you're either an LEO or are willing to shell out some cash for a PPT.

Plisk
10-07-2010, 6:02 PM
OP you realize that the XDm's are NOT on the CA DOJ roster right? I hope you're either an LEO or are willing to shell out some cash for a PPT.

Read the previous posts dude, we've been over it.

Quiet
10-07-2010, 8:11 PM
The OP should buy a Glock 37Gen4 and then realize he made a mistake in buying something in .45GAP and then sell it to me. ;)
The CA LEO, from this other forum, that owns a Glock 37Gen4 seems to want to keep it and not interested in passing it along. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265305) :(

immaculate
10-07-2010, 8:40 PM
I've got an XDm9 that I enjoy. I find the trigger to be slightly mushy, but it has a reasonably clean break. Just ordered some blocked 10-rounders for it which means I'll finally get to shoot it again soon!

OP - let me know if you have any specific questions about it. don't have much experience with the regular xd9 so I have on basis for comparison.

ChrisTKHarris
10-08-2010, 3:07 AM
Read the previous posts dude, we've been over it.

Well the OP never stated it nor confirmed it, another member threw it out there....DUDE.

RollingCode3
10-08-2010, 2:38 PM
The OP should buy a Glock 37Gen4 and then realize he made a mistake in buying something in .45GAP and then sell it to me. ;)
The CA LEO, from this other forum, that owns a Glock 37Gen4 seems to want to keep it and not interested in passing it along. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265305) :(

Quiet- You are weird. :p You are the only person I know that interested in the GAP round. I haven't seen the Glock 37Gen4 at any of the store yet. I was at Proforce yesterday and asked them about it but they didn't have any info on it. I am still waiting for the G23Gen4.

Quiet
10-08-2010, 3:29 PM
Quiet- You are weird. :p You are the only person I know that interested in the GAP round. I haven't seen the Glock 37Gen4 at any of the store yet. I was at Proforce yesterday and asked them about it but they didn't have any info on it. I am still waiting for the G23Gen4.

Yep. I be weird. Something about it just calls to me. :p

In search of a Glock 23Gen4?
Try contacting...

Ed's Public Safety
4431 North Henry Boulevard
Stockbridge, GA 30281
Mon-Fri 1000-1900 EST Sat 1000-1800 EST
Phone: 770-474-6084

They are a Glock LE distributor and usually have hard to find Glocks in stock.
Such as the (Arkansas State Police contract overrun) Glock 21SF RTF2 and (Florida Highway Patrol contract overrun) Glock 37Gen4.

New Frontier Armory
150 East Centennial Parkway Suite 110
North Las Vegas, NV 89084-1337
Mon, Wed, Fri-Sun 1000-1800 PST
Phone: 702-479-1470

Last month New Frontier Armory had Glock 17Gen4, 19Gen4, 22Gen4 & 23Gen4 in stock and on sale. LE pricing was $484.43 + shipping.

fullrearview
10-08-2010, 8:30 PM
Heres what I posted in another thread.....

Came in today!!!!!! Didnt get to do to much with it at the range as I was on duty and had a busy day.....Had to go to the range anyways, because my duty weapon has been misfeeding our practice ammo, but thats another story,....

50 rounds through it, ZERO issues....Like I said, time was limited, so no pictures yet, and I didn't even put up paper targets...I was shooting at our steel targets at about 70 yards, uphill. Accuracy was so so, but off the bat, better than the full size HK usp 40 I carry.

So far, a great gun! Pictures soon, maybe when I get home tonight!

sirgiles
10-08-2010, 8:47 PM

Came in today!!!!!! Didnt get to do to much with it at the range as I was on duty and had a busy day.....Had to go to the range anyways, because my duty weapon has been misfeeding our practice ammo, but thats another story,....

50 rounds through it, ZERO issues....Like I said, time was limited, so no pictures yet, and I didn't even put up paper targets...I was shooting at our steel targets at about 70 yards, uphill. Accuracy was so so, but off the bat, better than the full size HK usp 40 I carry.

can you please specifically indicate why your xdm is better than your hk usp 40.

fullrearview
10-08-2010, 10:17 PM
can you please specifically indicate why your xdm is better than your hk usp 40.

IM not saying its better.....Just after 50 rounds, I was more accurate at 70 yards with it, dispite the shorter sight radus.

As for reliability concerns, its 100% thus far.....My HK is not.

Looking at the front sight though....I can see it needs to be slightly adjusted to the left.

crowbar1
10-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I have an XDM. so far, 500 rds, zero issiues. Needs a trigger job for sure!!!!
It does shoot real straight.

JagerTroop
10-12-2010, 7:16 AM
Well the OP never stated it nor confirmed it, another member threw it out there....DUDE.

I thought his screen name was fairly obvious.

Code 3 = lights and sirens on

RollingCode3
11-12-2010, 5:44 PM

How is the high bore-axis of the XDm compare to the XD or your H&K USP? any update on your XDm?

FUBAR
11-13-2010, 1:43 AM
I thought about the XDM's as well but got the Gen 4 Glock 19. Easier to carry and conceal. But if your set on getting one, more power to you.