PDA

View Full Version : Chinese 53 and Russian 44

kenc9
05-31-2006, 3:17 PM
Here are two M44's the bottom one is Russian Tula and the top is a Chinese type 53

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/IMG_1036.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/IMG_1035.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/IMG_1033.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/IMG_1032_2.jpg

taloft
05-31-2006, 3:36 PM
Nice finish on the Russian stock. How does the fit on the Chinese compare to the Russian? What are you going to do with them?

kenc9
05-31-2006, 4:21 PM
I collect Russian and Finnish rifles or anything Mosin, I have one that is from the (SCW) Spanish Civil War which is a Russian Tula 91/30, I had no idea it was that when I found it. Those are a hard find.

T53's are normally pretty beat up but are pretty close to a Russian 44 and are 44 Clones. Nearly all parts are the same.

-ken

kenc9
05-31-2006, 4:23 PM
Nice finish on the Russian stock. How does the fit on the Chinese compare to the Russian? What are you going to do with them?

Check out this plain jane Big5 Russian 91/30...$79.00 :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/1930IzzyFull.jpg

taloft
05-31-2006, 4:33 PM
I just dropped coin on a cheap M38 Carbine from Big5. I'm going to use it as a project hunting rifle. As soon as I finish refinishing the stock on my Yugo SKS. I will be tinkering with the Mosin. How hard is it to scope a Mosin? Any advice? That plain jane looks pretty good, did you refinish it?

kenc9
05-31-2006, 5:32 PM
I don't believe in errantly altering and C&R period. I would get a barreled action or broken stock rifle and do that. Or buy a sniper repro that has the scope mounted. All the Big5 39.00 rifles in the barrels back when were thought to be just surplus but one day everyone realized those 1903 Springfield’s were worth collecting!!!

No one that collects will ever tell you drill it tap it hacksaw off that barrel!
Those guys are called Bubba's and we all hatem!

Don't wreck the Yugo or change it at all.

Post a pick of it or email it to me and what you would like it to be and I'll give you some advice you'll be glad you got down the road!

taloft
05-31-2006, 7:29 PM
Well....

.... It's a little too late for the Yugo.:o It had a split at the fore end tip that needed repair. I've already sanded the stock and started refinishing it using tung oil. Everything else is the same minus the cosmo. Look on the bright side, the stock will be lovely when I'm done.:D The california comp. kinda kills the collector value in my book anyway. Hopefully, I can purchase another with a better stock to collect.

I didn't realize the Mosin would need to be drilled and tapped to mount a scope until I looked it up on surplusrifle.com. I have no intention of making irreversable alterations to the rifle. I will just have to get closer to the deer. ;) Yes, I've seen 91/30's chopped down by people wanting to sporterize the rifle. IMO, if you want a carbine buy a carbine. I pick it up on the 7th. I will take photos and contact you then.

kenc9
05-31-2006, 7:38 PM
There are tapless mounts that connect where the rear sight is pinned. I'll get you the info.
IF you make a firm commitment and pre-order, you will get a discount price of $65US with free shipping in the US. After the new batch is complete, the price will be higher. Please contact Darrell at: m39scout@bellsouth.net for ordering information.

Darrell's M39 Finn Battle Rifle Scout Mounts are Rock Solid, and require NO drilling, NO tapping, and NO permanent alteration to your rifle. You can change it back to Original Military Configuration in about 10 minutes.

The mounts come with all brass setscrews (to help protect the metal on your milsurp), repalcement pivot pin, hexkey (allen wrench) and complete instructions. The Weaver Style Rail is machined into the mount.

-ken

mow
05-31-2006, 8:05 PM
I collect Russian and Finnish rifles or anything Mosin, I have one that is from the (SCW) Spanish Civil War which is a Russian Tula 91/30, I had no idea it was that when I found it. Those are a hard find.

T53's are normally pretty beat up but are pretty close to a Russian 44 and are 44 Clones. Nearly all parts are the same.

-ken

Ahh the Spanish Civil War, anyone know the term "the fifth column"?

We could use a fifth column in all the branches of our government!

taloft
05-31-2006, 8:31 PM
There are tapless mounts that connect where the rear sight is pinned. I'll get you the info.
IF you make a firm commitment and pre-order, you will get a discount price of $65US with free shipping in the US. After the new batch is complete, the price will be higher. Please contact Darrell at: m39scout@bellsouth.net for ordering information.

Darrell's M39 Finn Battle Rifle Scout Mounts are Rock Solid, and require NO drilling, NO tapping, and NO permanent alteration to your rifle. You can change it back to Original Military Configuration in about 10 minutes.

The mounts come with all brass setscrews (to help protect the metal on your milsurp), repalcement pivot pin, hexkey (allen wrench) and complete instructions. The Weaver Style Rail is machined into the mount.

-ken
Thanks for the info. sounds good but, I'm *tapped* out right now. I filed the name and email for future reference. If I spend any money in June on this hobby, I'm going to get it good. Other than range fees of course. :D

I'll just have to see what I can scrounge up between now and then. Still got to buy rings for my 10/22, ammo. for SKS, ammo. for M38. and get another case. Boy, I need a better paying job!