PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried both the stock and match trigger for USP?

gorenut
10-06-2010, 8:48 PM
Curious on your opinions. I want realistic answers. I know a lot of people might overhype the improvements to justify their purchase.. but I would especially like to hear from those who think the match trigger is just a little better than the stock.

sevensix2x51
10-06-2010, 8:57 PM
well, i have thought about getting the match trigger for my fullsize, but have not had te cash yet.

what i CAN tell you, is that when i bought my USP, it was sitting right next to an elite. i went back and forth, back and forth, ad nauseum. the nicer trigger on the elite was not worth the extra cost. i mean it was nice, but the standard usp trigger was pretty nice already in SA, and i could not justify paying more in my mind...

J-cat
10-06-2010, 9:07 PM
Agreed. The match trigger isn't all that much better, not like the Mark23 trigger.

gorenut
10-06-2010, 9:26 PM
Yea, that was what I thought.. especially because my USP has its trigger broken in by me via usage and dry firing. Bill Springfield installs his own match trigger for something like $35 and an additional $45 I believe for trigger smoothing. People at HKPRO regard him highly.. but I'm at the point where I think my trigger feels good, though I wouldn't mind cutting out a little of the travel or slack. I know the match trigger affords that, but its still not really worth it to me unless it significantly increases the quality of the trigger. Thanks for your input guys. I'll still have to try one out before I can make a decision.

fullrearview
10-06-2010, 9:51 PM
I hate the USP trigger! Its horrid!

immaculate
10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I've got a USP .45 and a USP Elite .45 and compared the triggers side by side extensively when I first got both. I wouldn't pay extra for the match trigger as an upgrade, personally.

gorenut
10-07-2010, 7:41 AM
I hate the USP trigger! Its horrid!

You get used to it. I know that sounds horrible to say for a gun that goes for a little more than the other polymers... but I've seriously grown to like it after I really broke it in.

I used to compare all the semis to the SP2022 as far as factory, out of the box, no work done triggers go... but now I think I might just like the USP trigger a little more. It's still harder, but its a very clean break and it breaks about the "right place" (for me at least).

Obviously the USP isn't gonna win any competitions with the trigger, but I see it as a quality combat trigger that is meant to last as long as the frame.

CrippledPidgeon
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
A good broken in USP trigger isn't bad, but the Match trigger does have its advantages.

The match trigger does not improve the double action pull significantly.

Where you feel the difference is in the single action pull. The break is lighter and cleaner on the match trigger than on a standard trigger.

I'd say that the extra $90 or so is fairly worthwhile.

The combat competition trigger is supposed to meld the LEM double action with the Match single action (and the HKpro guys say it's the best thing since sliced bread), but I haven't tried it personally.

fullrearview
10-07-2010, 3:20 PM
You get used to it. I know that sounds horrible to say for a gun that goes for a little more than the other polymers... but I've seriously grown to like it after I really broke it in.

I used to compare all the semis to the SP2022 as far as factory, out of the box, no work done triggers go... but now I think I might just like the USP trigger a little more. It's still harder, but its a very clean break and it breaks about the "right place" (for me at least).

Obviously the USP isn't gonna win any competitions with the trigger, but I see it as a quality combat trigger that is meant to last as long as the frame.

I dont know if there is any getting used to it......The guy who carried it before me shoots all the time, so it should have been broekn in between him and myself. I shoot it about once a week, and I still shoot piss poor with it (Not really poor, but compared to what I am capable with other guns....Yes.)

sirgiles
10-07-2010, 4:27 PM
the hk match trigger is not impressive. if you want a significant trigger work, go here at grayguns.com.