PDA

View Full Version : OPEN CARRY

Shady
10-06-2010, 12:24 PM
lots of strong opinions on the subject

I feel OC should be used as a tool for protecting you/your family
or in the defense of our 2a rights

I personally dont feel OCing to spread the word of OC or OCing for
OC rights(when they are not being challenged) is a strong enough reason to gambling with a right we could easily have taken away

there is a time and a place for everything

I know there are thousands of oc threads out there
Im mostly interested to see the numbers in the poll

N6ATF
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
:ban: :rolleyes:

Havoc70
10-06-2010, 12:46 PM
This should be in general discussion, or better yet, /dev/null.

boxbro
10-06-2010, 12:51 PM
whats yours ....

With all due respect, this subject has been beaten to death 10 times over.

zman
10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
whats yours ....

What's yours to begin with? :confused:

stix213
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I'd select "Do it while backpacking" but you don't have an option to match that

383green
10-06-2010, 1:02 PM
If this was Slashdot, I'd rate the whole thread as flamebait.

:dots:

Pretend the sign says "IBTL".

WileyWilly
10-06-2010, 1:04 PM
Never, no inclination to open carry.

bodger
10-06-2010, 1:15 PM
Absolutely whipped to death on this forum in a thousand previous posts.

J.D.Allen
10-06-2010, 1:17 PM
You should have differentiated as in:

UOC with GFSZ's?-Nope
LOC without GFSZ's_Every day:cool:

Shady
10-06-2010, 1:40 PM
Absolutely whipped to death on this forum in a thousand previous posts.

if you dont like it
dont click on the thread

dantodd
10-06-2010, 1:43 PM
what a waste of bandwidth.

You should have just asked...

Which is the better self defense solution 17+1 9mm or 8+1 .45 ACP.

PsychGuy274
10-06-2010, 2:33 PM
Open Carry threads like this are like CalGun's period...they come about once a month and are always unpleasant.

woodsman
10-06-2010, 2:39 PM
:rofl2:Open Carry threads like this are like CalGun's period...they come about once a month and are always unpleasant.

Pass the Midol!

MasterYong
10-06-2010, 2:49 PM
Needs more options. I voted for "family or me in danger" etc etc etc but what I really mean is: when I'm camping or hiking far enough away from help that I feel more vulnerable.

Not that I think help will come in time, even if I'm across the street from a police station... just sayin'.

GrizzlyGuy
10-06-2010, 3:54 PM
I agree that your poll could use a few more choices. I voted "do it all the time" but only because there is no other legal way for me to grab a pistol and walk over to the national forest for some target practice.

Bobula
10-06-2010, 4:01 PM
I LOC everyday at work :D

bodger
10-06-2010, 4:02 PM
if you dont like it
dont click on the thread

"Open Carry" is the title of the thread. And it's in the 2nd Amend. Politics and Law section. That's a fairly broad subject title to be able to determine whether I "like" it.

Based on that title, one could get the impression that it may contain useful or new information regarding the open carry laws of CA, or progress updates on the various efforts of CGF regarding that subject.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

slappomatt
10-06-2010, 6:28 PM

I feel OC should be used as a tool for protecting you/your family
or in the defense of our 2a rights

I personally dont feel OCing to spread the word of OC or OCing for
OC rights(when they are not being challenged) is a strong enough reason to gambling with a right we could easily have taken away

there is a time and a place for everything

I know there are thousands of oc threads out there
Im mostly interested to see the numbers in the poll

Explain how they are going to take away our 2nd amendment? Its simply not going to happen. And if the libtards did actually get that bill passed it could be defeated easily.

halon101
10-06-2010, 6:33 PM
hey i kinda like this thread.
have been wanting to open carry but havent really found the right event or time.
back when i was uninformed i thought ALL guns had to be locked and seperate from ammo of you didnt pass go and didnt collect 100$

dustoff31
10-06-2010, 6:57 PM
Explain how they are going to take away our 2nd amendment?

They don't take it away, they just make it quite "painful" to exercise the right. Kinda of like, well, now.

Its simply not going to happen.

It did happen. i.e., 10 rd mags, pistol roster, no loaded carry, AW ban, no NFA, etc., ad nauseaum.

And if the libtards did actually get that bill passed it could be defeated easily.

See above. Seen any of those things go away lately? Things are getting better, no question about that. But only after very long and costly court fights.

SimpleCountryActuary
10-06-2010, 7:03 PM
what a waste of bandwidth.

You should have just asked...

Which is the better self defense solution 17+1 9mm or 8+1 .45 ACP.

Uhhhh ... 12 GA 00 buckshot :D

Legasat
10-06-2010, 7:27 PM
I would stand up for the rights of people that want to do it.

Personally, I can foresee no circumstances under which I would UOC. If you mean loaded open carry, I can imagine a few extreme circumstances that would force me to (apocalypse, zombies, extreme civil unrest, etc).

wildhawker
10-06-2010, 8:57 PM
I find it curious that those with zero experience in actually fixing matters like this one would tell those of us who do how "easy" it would be to defeat a ban.

More, I never seem to see them on my IM screen at 2 am working with me to fix one of those "easy" issues.

It must be nice to have the freedom to be careless (reckless?) and know someone else will spend the time and money to mitigate the risk or take corrective action.

marcusrn
10-06-2010, 9:11 PM
Of course when needed loaded open carry. It's it silly to UOC for protection and for political reasons.I remember seeing the Black Panthers carrying LOC in Sacramento Cap building on TV as protest when I was a kid. Cal politicians got on that like a duck on a june bug!Saldana et al have plans for you starbuckers in near future. I have every right in the world to tell a cop the he has a real nice *** but is it wise or prudent to do? Hell no! Stop the playing guns and army and other foolishness. The SCOTUS says it's OK to defend yourself. Do the math, be kind to all, run from trouble while calling police with one hand on phone. molon labe.

N6ATF
10-06-2010, 11:34 PM
As soon as I move to AZ or LOC is completely and utterly un-infringed in CA, I'll be LOCing as much as the weather and my wardrobe permits. Seeing as we should all never wish to have to shoot criminals, I'd much rather deter crime like open carriers did in Kennesaw, GA, than be seen as an unarmed easy victim, which is what concealed is concealed means.

Legasat
10-07-2010, 9:23 AM
The ultimate answer for me personally, is concealed carry. That is what I want, and that is why I support CGF.