PDA

View Full Version : DENIED!... by "the list." :(

Fishslayer
10-06-2010, 6:59 AM
Champin't at the bit with a wad of cash burning a Texas sized hole in my pocket... went down to my LGS yesterday to put in my order for one of them newfangled GSG 1911 .22 pistolas.

Oh crap... no mag safety... no LOADED CHAMBER INDICATOR!:eek: Those things are DANGEROUS!

Thank you democraps and RINOs for saving me from myself & not allowing me to come into possesion of such a dangerous implement of destruction.:(

So I was looking at a couple of other items & asked about ordering a classic S&W revolver online. I mean a real classic, not one of those fakes with the hole in the side. Specifically a pinned barrel 4" M25.

"Not on the list."

"Huh?":eek:

Some of the old Smiths are there but none of the models that interest me can be imported. I guess if it's already in California that might be OK. We are talking 40+ YO REVOLVERS!

I hate this craphole of a state...

johnny_22
10-06-2010, 7:03 AM
Patience. The list is doomed thanks to the Calguns Foundation.

stphnman20
10-06-2010, 7:07 AM
Been there then that.. You will slowly get use to it. :rolleyes:

shooting4life
10-06-2010, 7:13 AM
Learn to refresh the marketplace here. Only way to get those off roster old smith you want. Just get ready to pay way to much.

Greg-Dawg
10-06-2010, 7:46 AM
Bend over Rover.

Oceanbob
10-06-2010, 8:01 AM
Been there then that.. You will slowly get use to it. :rolleyes:

I will never get used to a State Govenment telling me what modern weapon I can or cannot buy. Especially when the other 270 million (Out of California) people in this Country can walk into a local Bass Pro Shop and walk out with any weapon within 15 minutes.

..and why is Law Enforcement exempt..? Are they special...? More privileged than the law abiding citizens they serve?...Why is that..?

Sure, there are 'loopholes' to acquire 'off list handguns' but be ready to pay a premium ($) in dollars and waiting time. How is this equal treatment in America.?

Why can't Fishslayer simply ORDER the weapon he wants? Why can't I order that HK .45 Tactical is saw on Buds this morning.? I have the money, I already own 40 weapons; I pay my taxes, I have 5 contributing adult children and 5 grandchildren.. All of us are Law Abiding regular folks...I feel the oppression on our 2nd Amendment
rights everyday in this State. It just isn't right.

When will this situation get better...?. :confused:

Bob

Juice5610
10-06-2010, 9:48 AM
I will never get used to a State Govenment telling me what modern weapon I can or cannot buy. Especially when the other 270 million (Out of California) people in this Country can walk into a local Bass Pro Shop and walk out with any weapon within 15 minutes.

..and why is Law Enforcement exempt..? Are they special...? More privileged than the law abiding citizens they serve?...Why is that..?

Sure, there are 'loopholes' to acquire 'off list handguns' but be ready to pay a premium ($) in dollars and waiting time. How is this equal treatment in America.?

Why can't Fishslayer simply ORDER the weapon he wants? Why can't I order that HK .45 Tactical is saw on Buds this morning.? I have the money, I already own 40 weapons; I pay my taxes, I have 5 contributing adult children and 5 grandchildren.. All of us are Law Abiding regular folks...I feel the oppression on our 2nd Amendment

Bob

:cheers2:

Requiem
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Patience. The list is doomed thanks to the Calguns Foundation.

Wait, what? What did I miss in the 6 months that I haven't been browsing these forums?

FourTenJaeger
10-06-2010, 10:27 AM
The list will fall. Us Californians will have the same rights and treatment as those out of state! We deserve it.

Deadbolt
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
The list will fall. Us Californians will have the same rights and treatment as those out of state! We deserve it.

link to ongoing process to make this happen please! (hopefully with a donate link as well /fumed! )

ExtremeX
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
If the list falls... ooo man, im gettin me an XDm and a 4th Gen Glock

and...
and...
and...

FourTenJaeger
10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I think we can all agree that the list is just another way of controlling the society so the politicians can have more control over what you can and cant have. We have so many irrelevant and pointless restrictions and laws its sickening.

Fishslayer
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I think we can all agree that the list is just another way of controlling the society so the politicians can have more control over what you can and cant have. We have so many irrelevant and pointless restrictions and laws its sickening.

Absolutely. The list makes perfect sense if your ultimate goal is the disarming of all citizens.

I would be less surprised by every state adopting a "list" than I would be by The People's Republik dropping ours. :(

FourTenJaeger
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Im curious as to why firearms have to have a '' Round in chamber '' Indicator. If the owner, or person handling the firearm knew gun safety, they'd treat the firearm like it was loaded. But, I guess the '' People '' Who propose these pointless restrictions and laws think we're all stupid, And that none of us know how to properly handle a firearm.

nazgulnarsil
10-06-2010, 1:40 PM
I like LCI's though, just like safeties, I don't rely on them.

mag disconnects though are just plain retarded.

Too Slow
10-06-2010, 1:58 PM
I agree it is bs. However Ocean, do any of the kids/grandkids live out of state? If so, buy it have it shipped to them and do an intrafamily transfer.

Bob

komrad
10-06-2010, 4:12 PM
Im curious as to why firearms have to have a '' Round in chamber '' Indicator. If the owner, or person handling the firearm knew gun safety, they'd treat the firearm like it was loaded. But, I guess the '' People '' Who propose these pointless restrictions and laws think we're all stupid, And that none of us know how to properly handle a firearm.

+1 Yep.

VetteBill
10-06-2010, 4:24 PM
Dose the interfamily transfer work if your Wife is the legal resident of another state?

Cyc Wid It
10-06-2010, 4:26 PM
No, only up and down the bloodline.

ZX-10R
10-06-2010, 4:33 PM
I wanted a Remington 1911 A1...Not allowed. Screwed by CA.

Fishslayer
10-06-2010, 8:09 PM

You need to pay closer attention.

None of this has anything to do with public safety.

<<adjusts tinfoil hat...>>

tempdrummer
10-06-2010, 8:26 PM
Not going to lie. I've NEVER looked at any of my LCI. Hell.. of all the guns i've owned I couldnt tell you how to tell if the LCI was engaged or not on any of them. I've always relied on actually checking the firearm for a round in the chamber. I've only been shooting for 3 years but it just seems useless to me. The mag disconnect im 50/50 on.

Swoop
10-06-2010, 9:04 PM
=\!!

Uhhlexxxis
10-07-2010, 4:15 AM
i kinda LOL'd

h2o4lf
10-07-2010, 6:27 AM
OP - Check out this link. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=345994

Fishslayer
10-07-2010, 6:32 AM
OP - Check out this link. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=345994

Thanks for that!:cheers2: