PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area FFL to help with shipping a handgun

shooting4life
10-05-2010, 9:07 PM
I am looking for an ffl to help me ship a handgun for less than what ups is going to change me to overnight. So I was hoping I could ship through an ffl so I can use a flat rate box and then pay the ffl a small fee fornthe help (not more than what it would cost to overnight it)
Thanks
Jordan

jtmkinsd
10-05-2010, 9:49 PM
If you bring it to an FFL it doesn't have to go overnight...we ship handguns USPS priority mail. Most handguns in a box only cost about $15-$20 (depending on insurance). If it fits in the small box it's only $11-$15 (small handguns w/o box). You will have to pay the FFL transfer fee...so depending on how much they charge, you'll most likely save some money...but there's a lot of variables.

shooting4life
10-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I spoke with one ffl and they wanted to charge me 50 plus what ever it was going to cost them to over night it. I did not want to try and explain that they did not have to over night it. So I was hoping someone here could guide me to a shop that has some experience in this sort of thing. And who knows, I might even buy something while I am there

kemasa
10-06-2010, 8:52 AM
Well, you could bring it to SoCal and I could ship it for you, but that would cost more than just shipping it. Unfortunately, you will need to try calling many FFLs and see what they charge. You should have the box ready to go, but unsealed, so that the FFL can record the information and seal it up. I would suggest trying to check with a non-retail FFL as their prices might be less.

You should also weight the box to check to see if the flat rate is cheaper or if the regular shipping is cheaper.

It seems that some FFLs don't realize that USPS is much cheaper.

jtmkinsd
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Well, you could bring it to SoCal and I could ship it for you, but that would cost more than just shipping it. Unfortunately, you will need to try calling many FFLs and see what they charge. You should have the box ready to go, but unsealed, so that the FFL can record the information and seal it up. I would suggest trying to check with a non-retail FFL as their prices might be less.

You should also weight the box to check to see if the flat rate is cheaper or if the regular shipping is cheaper.

It seems that some FFLs don't realize that USPS is much cheaper.

+1 to this...Transfer only FFL is going to be your best bet...only ship UPS/FedEx if there's no alternative.