PDA

View Full Version : NRA-PVF Grades: Brown -- "D"; Whitman -- "?"

Paladin
10-05-2010, 4:14 PM
from: http://www.nrapvf.org/upcoming-elections/California.aspx

I'll delete this if it is a dupe.

bwiese
10-05-2010, 4:18 PM
Sounds like NRA national doesn't have fresh information. Or they're trying not to harm him.

I daresay that various trusted on-the-ground parties in the CA gunrights fight besides Calgunners
have a better opinion but may be officially constrained from saying so.

wildhawker
10-05-2010, 4:19 PM
Sounds like NRA-ILA/PVF continues to fail at grading and endorsements.

Gray Peterson
10-05-2010, 4:20 PM
Sounds like NRA national doesn't have fresh information. Or they're trying not to harm him.

I daresay that various trusted on-the-ground parties in the CA gunrights fight besides Calgunners
have a better opinion but may be officially constrained from saying so.

They better fix it quick.

curtisfong
10-05-2010, 4:22 PM
If anybody (or any organization) who has any credibility with the NRA is officially constrained from fixing it, it will not be fixed.

bwiese
10-05-2010, 4:23 PM
I'd think that Friendly Folks here can 'spread the word'.

blackberg
10-05-2010, 5:17 PM
If they gave her the grade she deserves instead of a question mark....
-bb

N6ATF
10-05-2010, 5:20 PM
F--

bwiese
10-05-2010, 5:31 PM
BTW, the official CRPA stance is that both Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown are "FTAQ" in that they failed to answer a formal questionnaire.

I will also note in passing that in recent history the CRPA endorsements/statuses differed here & there from NRA PVF due to the latter's coordination issues.

Some day it'll get fixed.

CCWFacts
10-05-2010, 6:57 PM
I would give JB a solid "A". His Amicus brief alone would be enough to earn it, but that's not all he's done for us.

MSO4MATT
10-05-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm voting for Brown because I trust the CGF. Now if he hurts us I will know who to blame. If Whitman hurts us all I could blame is myself for not listening to the "experts".

I my opinion they are the same person with very different views on the 2A.

TrailerparkTrash
10-05-2010, 11:14 PM
You folks that are voting for Brown were probably too young to remember his "Devilish" style of liberal politics when he was the former Governor. I hate both candidates, but at least Whitman doesn't want to repeal prop-13 for us property owners.

Brown vs. Whitman............ Whitman is slightly less worse than Brown.

Gray Peterson
10-05-2010, 11:40 PM
You folks that are voting for Brown were probably too young to remember his "Devilish" style of liberal politics when he was the former Governor. I hate both candidates, but at least Whitman doesn't want to repeal prop-13 for us property owners.

Um....

But Brown has made it just as clear that he is not interested in running on a platform dedicated to such change. In the video he used to announce his candidacy, he pledged to raise no taxes unless such a change was voter-approved. He told SF Gate that he "can live with the current two-thirds majority needed to pass new taxes and state budgets, and that he does not believe changes are needed in the Proposition 13 tax initiative." He told the L.A. Times " "I'm not going to advocate messing with 13. That's a big fat loser." "

This came from a 'progressive' blog, lamenting the fact that Jerry Brown wouldn't attack Prop 13.

N6ATF
10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
at least Whitman doesn't want to repeal prop-13 for us property owners.

Neither does Brown.

Q) Do you feel like fixing the state's finances would remedy your history with Proposition 13?
A) What's my history with Prop 13?

Q) The last time you were governor, voters passed 13, which stunted property taxes, gutted state revenue, and has been catastrophic for California's finances.
A) No, that's not the case.

Q) You think Prop 13 was good for California's finances?
A) In many ways—it's kept people in their homes.

Q) But what has it done to state revenue?
A) Real estate revenue is much higher than anyone ever imagined before Prop 13, because of the turnover in property.

Q) But the rates were much higher before Prop 13, and that money funded schools, which are in a state of crisis now.
A) But the value of property is much higher.

Q) Of course property values have gone up since the 1970s. Expenditures have gone up, too.
A) My answer is no. I am not advocating the repeal of Prop 13.

From the questions, I can only infer the questioner would prefer taxes be raised to bankrupt everyone in the state (they're not high enough, and they never will be, waahh!)

bwiese
10-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm voting for Brown because I trust the CGF.

CGF expresses no opinion on Brown as it cannot engage in candidate advocacy. In fact, we are suing the DOJ (and thus the AG).

However, various CGF members are free to express their private political opinions in a public fashion unrelated to the operation of CGF.

Meplat
10-06-2010, 1:47 AM
I am not young and I once had a "CA has Brown rot" bumper sticker. But brown is the obvious pro-gun candidate in this election.

Brown vs. Whitman............ Whitman is slightly less worse than Brown.

Barkoff
10-06-2010, 7:12 AM
Um....

This came from a 'progressive' blog, lamenting the fact that Jerry Brown wouldn't attack Prop 13.

I find it humorous that some would rather trust campaign promises over past experience. I have read Brown's brief and really saw nothing in it that I believe would curtail new 2nd limitations.

Sure Whitman gets an F for Ebay, but I'm not sold that Brown is Charlton Heston, worthy of an A.

berto
10-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Meg's never answerd the question with more than the same vague "enforce existing laws, now new laws" nonsense that gets peddled most antis running for office.

Jerry has actions that speak to his beliefs.

Flintlock Tom
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Chelene Nightingale

If all the people who say "a third party candidate can't win" would vote for that third party candidate, she would win.
I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils, I'm voting for the candidate who I believe is best for California.
And, no, I don't think that's "throwing my vote away".

DannyInSoCal
10-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Steve Poizner will be my vote.

Brown is too liberal - And Whitman is a RINO who even though running as a "Republican" is possiblly even more liberal than Brown...

IWc
10-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Chelene Nightingale

If all the people who say "a third party candidate can't win" would vote for that third party candidate, she would win.
I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils, I'm voting for the candidate who I believe is best for California.

And Whitman will win for anti-guns.:eek: Please see here (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?80580-Nightingale-Campaign-Failing-Miserably&highlight=Chelene+Nightingale).

berto
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Chelene Nightingale

The numbers aren't there for that particular kook to even come close.

nicki
10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Jerry can't publically be on our side, he risks alienating his dem base. IMHO he is alreaady on thin ice already since he came out against prop 19.

Meg is counting on that the social issues that conservatives care about won't be brought up because if they were, many conservatives would either stay home or vote third party.

For you "Tea Party" supporters, here is where you could make a difference.

Ask people to vote their values over party, support Chelene Nightingale because Brown and Whitman are wrong on abortion, immigration and prop 23.

Slip in that Jerry is better on gun rights than Meg Whitman, then go off on E Bays policies regarding guns and her comments on concealed carry and EBRs.

Nicki

stix213
10-06-2010, 1:44 PM
Chelene Nightingale

If everyone would vote for my dog I'm sure she wouldn't support any anti-2A legislation either, and is just as likely to win this election as Nightingale.

Seriously, you Nightingale supporters needed to start building support months ago, not just now beginning right before the election.

dantodd
10-06-2010, 1:45 PM
If everyone would vote for my dog I'm sure she wouldn't support any anti-2A legislation either, and is just as likely to win this election as Nightingale.

then we can safely call our governor a b1tch without being called sexist.

Wherryj
10-06-2010, 2:19 PM
from: http://www.nrapvf.org/upcoming-elections/California.aspx

I'll delete this if it is a dupe.

Thanks. The NRA guide pretty much told me, and most Californians, to vote Republican. That makes it pretty easy.

There were only rare occasions where the democratic candidate was favored by the NRA.