PDA

View Full Version : 9mm XD Service + Reloads

ExtremeX
10-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Just wondering is anyone here buys reloads from the local gun shows? Iím looking to save some cash but Iíve heard in the past that shooting reloads can void the warranty on your pistol.

Mstrty
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Just wondering is anyone here buys reloads from the local gun shows? Iím looking to save some cash but Iíve heard in the past that shooting reloads can void the warranty on your pistol.

Factory loads have been know to blow up guns before. By ammo at a good price and enjoy. I wouldnt worry about it.

In_this_city
10-05-2010, 6:05 AM
I mainly shoot reloads out of my Glock 17. No problems as long as you get them from a good reloader that knows what they're doing.

XDRoX
10-05-2010, 6:48 AM
If you're not familiar with the reloading process, it is very easy to make a mistake that could lead to damage to your gun or you.

Most gun manufacturers have to say that reloads void your warranty or else they may be responsible for replacing/repairing guns that negligent people reloading for.

So yes, shooting reloads in your XD will void the warranty.

Personally I would never shoot anyone's reloads that I don't personally know. It's just a risk that I'm not willing to take. I've read and seen enough pictures of injuries due to reloads that I know better.

Plus, how much are these reloaders charging anyway. I doubt it's that much less than buying online or walmart. How much are you really saving? I haven't bought factory ammo in a long time but doesn't a box (50) of 9mm cost around $10 now? How much do these reloads cost?

If your question was will reloads function in your XD, then the answer is yes.

Killawhale415
10-05-2010, 7:21 AM
Miwall is always at the gunshows and they have a very good reputation for their reloads.

JonM
10-05-2010, 9:32 AM
I also have a XD Service, it is actually my only 9mm. I love it. Anyways, I am personally a fan of Miwall's reloads as well. They have actually lowered their prices slightly since the last show. It is possible to grab 9mm from them at 14 cents a round! Even Wall-mart stuff is over 20 cents per round now that the price of Federal has been raised to $10.50 per box. Compare that to reloads at $7 a box when buying a thousand from Miwall. When comparing a thousand rounds of Miwall reloads vs. Wall-mart Federal there is a $70 savings by going for Miwall. I think they shoot just fine out of my XD service and haven't had any issues with them so far. My only complaint would be that they are a bit on the light side. I will occasionally shoot some hot target loads like RWS 124gr or NATO stuff in order to get a level of recoil that is close to my home-defense loads. Actually, Miwall has 9mm NATO reloads for the same price as Wall-mart federal, if you like hotter stuff. In my case, economics wins out over factory precision. If you can afford to stick with factory loads only then it is a good practice in my book. However, in my case, reloads are a great option as shooting even 9mm is a bit pricey for my disposable income.

Ed_in_Sac
10-05-2010, 9:54 AM
I shoot Miwall 123 gr 9mm reloads without any problems whatsoever. Their 9mm ammo is reliable, clean, and accurate. I have also shot the cheap Blazer aluminum 9mm stuff...no problems there either. In the future will just buy the Miwall reloads.

Sinister_1
10-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Miwall is always at the gunshows and they have a very good reputation for their reloads.

Funny, I had some Miwall 9mm blow up on me from bulges in the brass, in two different guns, from 2 different batches.

Gryff
10-05-2010, 1:59 PM
Just wondering is anyone here buys reloads from the local gun shows? I’m looking to save some cash but I’ve heard in the past that shooting reloads can void the warranty on your pistol.

I shot commercial reloads through my XD for a couple of years. The reloader did quality work, so I never had a problem with them. Only reason I stopped was that I got a match barrel, and the chamber was too tight for his reloads to chamber reliably.

And shooting reloads means that if something happens to the barrel, and the factory can prove you were using reloads, then they won't cover the repair under warranty. Note that I said that they have to prove you were using reloads. If you don't admit it, that's not particularly easy for them to do (especially if the reloads use jacketed bullets).

Funny, I had some Miwall 9mm blow up on me from bulges in the brass, in two different guns, from 2 different batches.

Anything's possible. Only kaboom I've had was a Glock 17 using Winchester White Box. I also had a case head blow out using Remington UMC in my XD, but it didn't damage the gun.

Sinister_1
10-05-2010, 2:44 PM
I shot commercial reloads through my XD for a couple of years. The reloader did quality work, so I never had a problem with them. Only reason I stopped was that I got a match barrel, and the chamber was too tight for his reloads to chamber reliably.

And shooting reloads means that if something happens to the barrel, and the factory can prove you were using reloads, then they won't cover the repair under warranty. Note that I said that they have to prove you were using reloads. If you don't admit it, that's not particularly easy for them to do (especially if the reloads use jacketed bullets).

Anything's possible. Only kaboom I've had was a Glock 17 using Winchester White Box. I also had a case head blow out using Remington UMC in my XD, but it didn't damage the gun.

Anything can happen, the kaboom only hurt for 20 min and didnt damage the gun.:)

GOOD TIMES

onequickshift
10-06-2010, 2:19 PM
I was looking into this since 45acp isn't exactly cheap, for the rounds I will be shooting :X