PDA

View Full Version : how I can convert my P22 barrel to 5inch from 3.5

kilword
05-30-2006, 12:23 AM
I have a Walther P22ca and was wondering if theirs anyway to convert the 3.5 inch barrel to the 5 inch target version?
Thanks

DV8
05-30-2006, 5:48 AM
From what I've heard, the barrel nut is secured with some sort of adhesive (maybe loctite). So you heat the barrel carefully untill the adhesive loosens up then remove the nut. Barrel can then be removed and replaced.

Be aware though that once you remove the nut, you've just created an illegal assault weapon per the CA DOJ.

ohsmily
05-30-2006, 6:22 AM
I have a Walther P22ca and was wondering if theirs anyway to convert the 3.5 inch barrel to the 5 inch target version?
Thanks

Don't bother. The p22 is not a particularly accurate pistol. Also, the front sight post is WAY to big (thick) to do any accurate target shooting. Further, the barrel weight/extension on the 5" model is just held on by set screws and is prone to come loose/shift during firing.
Leave it with the 3.5" barrel and use it as it should be, a fun little plinker. The P22 will never be a "target pistol". If you want to shoot accurately, buy a long bull barreled MkII or Walther Trailside, S&W Model 41, etc.

glen avon
05-30-2006, 7:20 AM
show it a pic of my ex-wife.

jerryg1776
05-30-2006, 5:41 PM
If you really want a target 22 then you really want something besides the Walther p-22. I have one and while its fun to shoot - its potential as a target type pistol is well below par. Its just a fun 22.

If you really need to change it - drive out of state and do it. However with the cost of gas and a room, food and the parts needed to change it out - I could justify buying a Sig trailside or S&W and convince my wife that it was cheaper alternative!