PDA

View Full Version : northern cal camping/shooting

cnyankee
05-29-2006, 8:58 PM
ok i need help. every year around march 11 of us get together and camp for 4 days and set up an elaborate target range. we need a good one because we average 6 guns per camper. we soot in the daytime and drink and play poker at night. we leave the campsite clean like when we arrived. we have always went to Indian on fort hunter ligget same spot without any conflict in fact we never saw another person the whole time we are there. well this year on the 3rd afternoon this person passes though where we were, to get to his house miles away, called the cops on us. MPs and Sherrifs showed up(to get them there he told them we were poaching). well after a couple hours and LEO looking around said we were doing nothing wrong and told us to have a good time. so we finished shooting until the sun went down and had a good time that night. well on the last day in the am while we were packing up he showed up again this time with the forest police. she agreed with him and told us to pack in up (which we were already doing). my problem is where can we find a place in nor cal to target shoot and camp without being hassled by anyone. we are safe and clean?

moulton
05-29-2006, 9:13 PM
By far... go to Cow mountain BLM land. Its east of Ukiah... has campsites down a dirt road and a shooting range with distances out to 400 yds. its where all of us go to do some shooting without harassment.... Bumpfiring/rapid fire and other people...Cough* use their illegal mags.

gotgunz
05-29-2006, 9:18 PM
Indian Valley Reservoir off of Hwy #20 between Clear Lake and Williams

moulton
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Indian Valley Reservoir off of Hwy #20 between Clear Lake and Williams

If thats the place im thinking of they wont let you go target shooting there...Only shooting at game.:mad: Its not even that good of scenery, just bushes about waist high and a bucnh of hills....not much game either :(

sierratangofoxtrotunion
06-10-2006, 11:09 PM
By far... go to Cow mountain BLM land. Its east of Ukiah...
I haven't heard of "Cow Mountain," but I have heard of "Cobb Mountain" north of Ukiah... Which if I'm not mistaken is at N 38* 48' 54", W 122* 40' 58".

ivanimal
06-11-2006, 12:34 AM
http://www.blm.gov/ca/ukiah/cowmtn.html

Via google-fu:cool: