PDA

View Full Version : First amendment rights... Against Calgunners? WTF

Pages : [1] 2

ogcsmn
10-02-2010, 12:06 AM
As I've already explained to 69mach1 and to leelaw:

As a company or anything in general for that matter, can't take away a members first amendment... As a forum and marketplace, you understandingly allow people to post and view what is known as there right to freedom of speech.

Example: Facebook can't tell people not to cuss, but instead the can take a single letter out of that one or more word(s) and replace it with a star sign.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

the first: I explained a factual base a a sellers product and get a warning!

Second time: I only said that I like it and bump... which is minimal... to say the least...

I've warned both moderators that if they continue to take members rights away they will suffer the lawsuit consequences!

69mach1's answer: You do not have a first amendment right to free speech on this private site. follow the rules, or good bye.

Leelaw's answer: Upon creation of your account, you agreed to abide by the terms of service of membership at Calguns.net. These terms include following all rules of the forums, including the Marketplace forum rules, as specified in the links which I have provided you twice now, and which are also posted at the top of each Marketplace forum for your convenience.

You will follow the rules, or your account will be limited. I look forward to you reviewing this with your attorney, who will tell you that you have no case whatsoever for a Constitutional Amendment rights violation.

I hope your attorney doesn't charge you too much for a remedial high school civics lesson.

Cheers,
Lee

Leelaw also added: Frivolous lawsuits may incur expensive (for you) countersuits. You may wish to discuss that with your attorney as well.
As to this conversation, we are done here, and so is your access.

Regards,
Lee
_____

Tell me what you think!!!

To Petition for the First Amendment Rights to this Website Please E-mail: Ogcsmn@ymail.com

Kerplow
10-02-2010, 12:09 AM

IBTL

otalps
10-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Re-read the constitution?

Kestryll
10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
This is a private forum.
I own it, I set the rules, I allow access as I see fit.
(Gee, I sound like ogre when I put it that way..)

You do NOT have a first Amendment right in a private venue.
Civics 101.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
See that part in bold?
That specifies who this Amendment is restricting, Congress, which means the Government, not private citizens.

Your 1st Amendment right to free speech is a guarantee against GOVERNMENT restriction of specific classes of speech and/or expression.

Your 1st Amendment right to free speech does NOT afford you any protection in private venues such as someone's home or business.

Think of it this way, if I come to your house and start spewing profanity in front of your child can you tell me to stop or to leave or are you bound by the 1st Amendment to just let me continue in your living room?

orangeglo
10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Welcome to failtown, population = you.

sfwdiy
10-02-2010, 12:12 AM
What do I think? I think you're so far off base it's not even funny. Well, actually it is funny. Have fun wasting money consulting your attorney.

--B

leelaw
10-02-2010, 12:13 AM
This is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me.

I still hope your lawyer doesn't charge you too much for the high school civics class that you slept through.

grymster
10-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Man... some people ain't even waitin' fro Prop 19 to pass!

dadoody
10-02-2010, 12:20 AM

As a company or anything in general for that matter, can't take away a members first amendment... As a forum and marketplace, you understandingly allow people to post and view what is known as there right to freedom of speech.

Example: Facebook can't tell people not to cuss, but instead the can take a single letter out of that one or more word(s) and replace it with a star sign.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Second time: I only said that I like it and bump... which is minimal... to say the least...

I've warned both moderators that if they continue to take members rights away they will suffer the lawsuit consequences!

69mach1's answer: You do not have a first amendment right to free speech on this private site. follow the rules, or good bye.

Leelaw's answer: Upon creation of your account, you agreed to abide by the terms of service of membership at Calguns.net. These terms include following all rules of the forums, including the Marketplace forum rules, as specified in the links which I have provided you twice now, and which are also posted at the top of each Marketplace forum for your convenience.

You will follow the rules, or your account will be limited. I look forward to you reviewing this with your attorney, who will tell you that you have no case whatsoever for a Constitutional Amendment rights violation.

I hope your attorney doesn't charge you too much for a remedial high school civics lesson.

Cheers,
Lee

To Petition for the First Amendment Rights to this Website Please E-mail: Ogcsmn@ymail.com

If you come into someone's house and they kick you out, because you're being an *** or just because they want to, you're out.

The US Constitution applies to the United States government interfering with us.

This is a privately owned message board.

I don't see the conflict here.

freonr22
10-02-2010, 12:20 AM
so, this thread was deleted, then put back up?

NSR500
10-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Butt Hurt much?

dadoody
10-02-2010, 12:22 AM

I think it is to the benefit of everyone else to see this thread....the OP seems to show a clear example of not understanding what the United States Constitution is all about.

There are a lot of Americans who don't seem to understand or make an effort to think about it.

Joe
10-02-2010, 12:23 AM
All your rights are belong to us!

berto
10-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Good stuff.

freonr22
10-02-2010, 12:24 AM
I think it is to the benefit of everyone else to see this thread....the OP seems to show a clear example of not understanding what the United States Constitution is all about.

There are a lot of Americans who don't seem to understand or make an effort to think about it.
I agree, just doesnt happen often

freonr22
10-02-2010, 12:25 AM
NO, Its MINE!

CHS

I would, but it's against the rules :)

Good luck on your lawsuit! Tell us all how it goes, including that part about your lawyer laughing you out of his office.

Kestryll
It's a 'teachable moment'....

I think I just vurped a little bit.

Colt-45
10-02-2010, 12:30 AM
OP,
http://www.zoneshot.com/server/dg/facepalm.jpg

This is a private site. The owner can go on a ban hammer spree if he chooses to do so just because he owns it without having to give any explanations. Sorry.:43:

This is a dictatorship, an anarchy.

-----------------

I still hope your lawyer doesn't charge you too much for the high school civics class that you slept through.

Sorry they don't even teach that anymore. :D

thayne
10-02-2010, 12:32 AM
FAIL

CaliforniaLiberal
10-02-2010, 12:33 AM

I think you had better listen to the mods and follow the rules or be prepared to leave.

CHS
10-02-2010, 12:37 AM

I think it's time for....

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/wahmbulance.jpg

leelaw
10-02-2010, 12:40 AM

I moved it when I saw that PMs were posted, but then saw that this could be a teachable moment which could lend some needed brevity to the forum, and moved it back.

TNP'R
10-02-2010, 12:43 AM
You're free to say what you want but consider the consequences,like posts being removed or being banned.

Cokebottle
10-02-2010, 12:43 AM
OP, would you like some cheese with that whine?

grymster
10-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I moved it when I saw that PMs were posted, but then saw that this could be a teachable moment which could lend some needed brevity to the forum, and moved it back.You moved it? What do you mean, you moved it? .... enjoy your tyranny while you can! :)

bluestaterebel
10-02-2010, 12:48 AM
IBTL:eek::eek::eek:

Spiggy
10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Lets Set Sail for Fail!
http://www.zoneshot.com/server/dg/thread%20is%20going.jpg

CHS
10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
OP, just wanted to let you know that I deleted a post here by another member who called you a mean name. Yup, I trampled all over his 1st Amendment right because he was calling you names.

And it's against the rules.

With that said, go 1st Amendment!:
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/mork-from-ork.jpg

corrupt
10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
You punched me in the peepee! I'm gonna tell the teacher that I'm suing you!

scoot64
10-02-2010, 12:58 AM
OP, just wanted to let you know that I deleted a post here by another member who called you a mean name. Yup, I trampled all over his 1st Amendment right because he was calling you names.

And it's against the rules.

With that said, go 1st Amendment!:
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/mork-from-ork.jpg
That was me my BAD

Colt-45
10-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Why not just :ban: him & call it a night?

After this thread a reconciliation between both parties seems next to impossible.:p

ZirconJohn
10-02-2010, 1:00 AM
Well lookie here now OP... Mr. ogcsmn

It's all up to you... let me explain somethin...

Well, just hit play...

dkupn-XKxpM

norcal77
10-02-2010, 1:01 AM
You could always start your own site and yell and rant all you want.

Oh yeah..IBTL..

Bobula
10-02-2010, 1:12 AM
Oh man that is great! Where's the button to nominate this thread for "Best of calguns"?

Scratch705
10-02-2010, 1:15 AM
to OP....

HAHAHAHAHAHAH BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA *catches breath* BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Bobula
10-02-2010, 1:21 AM
to OP....

HAHAHAHAHAHAH BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA *catches breath* BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

+1 internetz for you!

Scratch705
10-02-2010, 1:23 AM
+1 internetz for you!

Cool, High Five Bro! :D

armygunsmith
10-02-2010, 1:36 AM
This is good. I know my rights! Lol.

leelaw
10-02-2010, 1:37 AM
Leelaw also added:

Since you seem to be friendly to disclosure, let's add your side of the string, ok?

As I've already explained to 69mach1 and have forwarded to my attorney

I only said that I like it and bump... which is minimal... to say the least... Continue to take members rights away and and suffer the lawsuit consequences!

and

Okay... I look forward to seeing you in court!

and lets not forget...

Thanks for making a lawsuit case for me about unlawful 1 amendment restrictions and threatening, as this has been recorded and again forwarded to my attorney.

A private site requires a password upon entry. Your site can been seen by anyone but commented by members only.

scoot64
10-02-2010, 1:41 AM
Moderators please put my original post back up it's only fitting especially after reading leelaw's

Bobula
10-02-2010, 1:42 AM
Cool, High Five Bro! :D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k38/clarissavarg11/borat.jpg

leelaw
10-02-2010, 1:44 AM
Moderators please put my original post back up it's only fitting especially after reading leelaw's

No, I don't want to have to send a warning to a second member tonight... unless you're going to be as funny as the OP.

scoot64
10-02-2010, 1:46 AM
No warnings please I'm happy here.

ogcsmn
10-02-2010, 3:14 AM
and by the way leelaw... most of us calgunners didn't agree to the rule changing you just made the change. I agreed to the rules made prior to april 2010!!!!

corrupt
10-02-2010, 3:16 AM
^^^^ uhmmmm ok guy with 7 posts.

NSR500
10-02-2010, 3:20 AM
http://robdamanii.com/macros/wahmbulance.jpg

dg29
10-02-2010, 3:41 AM
Note to Head Janitor and Moderators: Please be advised that we would like to thank you for providing this site and all of the services that it offers. We, the indians, have organized a coup and we are taking over the reservation.
Let's get this 7 poster in the waaahmbulance stat!
Please note: I've been up all night with a head and chest cold. I've been a borderline bad boy in some of my chippy/cranky posts in the last 48 hours. Feel free to punish me in any way you see fit. My wife and son have recently made numerous comments on how I'm addicted to this laptop and site.

edwardm
10-02-2010, 3:43 AM
That was some FUNNY stuff right there.

I know it's funny when it makes me laugh loud enough to wake the dog, the kid and the wife pre-5 AM on a weekend.

I just wish stupid would hurt. More.

69Mach1
10-02-2010, 3:43 AM
Too funny. What have I done here.
LOL

PhantomII
10-02-2010, 3:47 AM
Ya know...

If you REALLY want first amendment rights enforced on a private venue you could arrange government financing for it.

Finagle a multi-million dollar federal grant and flame on.

taloft
10-02-2010, 4:49 AM
and by the way leelaw... most of us calgunners didn't agree to the rule changing you just made the change. I agreed to the rules made prior to april 2010!!!!I hate to burst your bubble but, profanity has been banned here since I became a member in 2002.

Captain Cogle
10-02-2010, 4:54 AM
I have nothing but contempt for those that use lawyers at every turn and obsess over suing or being sued.

dominic
10-02-2010, 5:05 AM
see my sig line.

capo
10-02-2010, 5:12 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :rolleyes:

nmerced
10-02-2010, 5:24 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/2/129199567344859800.gif

negolien
10-02-2010, 5:27 AM
Please just go away.

Joewy
10-02-2010, 6:01 AM
A forum has little to do with free speech. The reality is that it is concidered the same as other print type such as books and newspapers. The owner or his apointed Mods are the editors and can delete your posts or entire content as they see fit. However neither they or any of the members can have bacon and eggs for breakfast on thursdays.

Josey Wales
10-02-2010, 6:13 AM
You like apples?

This is a private forum.
Civics 101.

How do like them apples??!!!!!!

Big Jake
10-02-2010, 6:32 AM
This guy needs a life!

choprzrul
10-02-2010, 7:15 AM
and by the way leelaw... most of us calgunners didn't agree to the rule changing you just made the change. I agreed to the rules made prior to april 2010!!!!

...so, is it ok if "...most of us calgunners..." come over to your house and do and say whatever we please? Drink your beer, eat your food, say what we want, and do whatever we want to do?

I mean, after all, who are you to limit our 1st amendment rights in your house?

freonr22
10-02-2010, 7:20 AM
mods, My apologies for calling him a troll. That was uncouth, especially in red, and I am sorry. very immature

leelaw
10-02-2010, 8:04 AM

Sue me.

Synergy
10-02-2010, 8:13 AM
Sue me.
Nope! My dad is bigger than your dad and he will kick your butt!

oh and

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Icemedic/Forum%20Junk/IBTL.jpg

cannon
10-02-2010, 8:18 AM
Sue me.

I'm gonna sue Kestryll or anyone else who uses the phrase.

"Teachable Moment."

You have all been warned and I am forwarding this to my team of Attorneys!

InFamous20
10-02-2010, 8:23 AM
Cool story bro! :43:

Neil McCauley
10-02-2010, 8:29 AM
Think motive guys. A lot of people who do these kind of things are basically shysters looking for a quick buck by attempting to find flaws/loop holes through the system. I've seen this a lot in workers comp and disability a holes where they contort the truth to make some cash and they devote themselves to this cause. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was unemployed and sitting in front of his puter screen in his chonies with a stack of phone books on his desk all turned to the "abogados" pages.

Neil McCauley
10-02-2010, 8:35 AM
Another thing to add to this is I personally am grateful for this site because I've used it to buy guns at great prices, have made money as well and not to mention the countless hours of fun and entertainment it has provided to me. so I'm glad Kess decided to take over and yes it is his site so I respect his decisions including his bans and even then, he's pretty reasonable about it. i'm sure most of us here will agree.

Soldier415
10-02-2010, 8:38 AM

Cheers,
Lee

Leelaw also added: Frivolous lawsuits may incur expensive (for you) countersuits. You may wish to discuss that with your attorney as well.

Regards,
Lee
_____

Lighten up Francis...

yzernie
10-02-2010, 8:52 AM
That right there, is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this message board!! :D

Quiet
10-02-2010, 9:01 AM
This is a private forum.

Civics 101.

Your 1st Amendment right to free speech is a guarantee against GOVERNMENT restriction of specific classes of speech and/or expression.

Your 1st Amendment right to free speech does NOT afford you any protection in private venues such as someone's home or business.

Quoted For Truth.

6172crew
10-02-2010, 9:16 AM
The mods on this website make up draconian laws and they must be stopped. We should BAN together and fight the injustice.

Wait....nevermind.

Soldier415
10-02-2010, 9:19 AM
The mods on this website make up draconian laws and they must be stopped. We should BAN together and fight the injustice.

Wait....nevermind.
Especially that Fascist Kestryll...

:p

6172crew
10-02-2010, 9:21 AM
Especially that Fascist Kestryll...

Don't even get me started on that fun vacuum.

:d

joedogboy
10-02-2010, 9:28 AM
While there is no legal or constitutional requirement that Kestryll allow free speech on the forum, and there are good legal reasons to censor some comments (keeps Kestryll from being targeted by lawsuits that would fail, but still be expensive, prevents Kestryll from being charged with distributing pornography - in the case of some images or videos, etc.), it is generally recognized that the forum is most valuable to users if it allows more free expression of ideas and debate over disagreements.
It is up to Kestryll (and the mods he appoints) to find the balance between a forum that has enough diversity of POVs that it is interesting and informative to participate in, and a site that is so rude and full of crap that people aren't comfortable participating in it.

While nobody has a "right" to membership on the forum, it is probably best if the forum is open to as many people as possible, so that it generates good discussions. This means that Kestryll needs to try to be as permissive as possible in granting and maintaining the privileges of members. This may mean that those who post things that are deemed unworthy have posts edited or removed, or that they receive temporary bans. While Kestryll has every right to ban users from the forum, this must be done prudently if the forum is to remain vibrant and useful.

While the 1A may be a guidepost and an ideal for site owners, it is not a law that applies to them, and they get to make their own decisions about their own property.

rromeo
10-02-2010, 9:35 AM
Another thing to add to this is I personally am grateful for this site because I've used it to buy guns at great prices, have made money as well.
BS. we all know that Calguns has no great deals on guns and every buyer is a lowballer or a flake.

Peter W Bush
10-02-2010, 9:36 AM

Welcome to Calguns, my friend.

Edge
10-02-2010, 9:46 AM
Wow, this guy has 7 posts but he knows how most of us feel?

And he's ready to step up and lead the revolution?

What a man!

dw33b
10-02-2010, 9:50 AM
Let me guess, you're a fan of Alex Jones?

Hector
10-02-2010, 9:50 AM
T******H YOU!

Edit: I guess you can't say that on here. SON OF A L********V. (or that) oh well. I'll deal w it.

Japedo
10-02-2010, 9:51 AM

Possibly a Meg Whitman supporter?????

New Sig line

Mute
10-02-2010, 9:51 AM
You went full retard man. Never go full retard!

JTecalo
10-02-2010, 9:56 AM
I sympathize with the poster.

Life isn't always fair.

Here's a link (http://www.getalife.com/) with advice that could help.

AJAX22
10-02-2010, 9:59 AM
Wow, just wow....

Why do people always threaten lawsuits over this stuff?

They should know all their lawyers belongs to us.

Barabas
10-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Would OP prefer the membership to BANd together and place him on their ignore list for ogrish behavior? I'd be happy to be a party in that lawsuit.

Soldier415
10-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Life sucks, get a helmet.

mosinnagantm9130
10-02-2010, 10:23 AM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/mosinnagantm9130/Motivators%20and%20Stuff/banned.gif

chuckdc
10-02-2010, 10:30 AM

For great justice!

PhantomII
10-02-2010, 10:33 AM

I'm kind of curious about exactly where this petition is going to be served if it ever collects a signature.

Will we be able to watch the proceedings on C-SPAN?

Donny1
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Take your ball and go home.

chuckdc
10-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Sounds like he needs to call Whine-wah-wah and have the Waaaaaambulance take him over to the Guntard mental facility.

Tarn_Helm
10-02-2010, 10:39 AM
This is a private forum.
(Gee, I sound like ogre when I put it that way..)

Civics 101.

See that part in bold?
That specifies who this Amendment is restricting, Congress, which means the Government, not private citizens.

Think of it this way, if I come to your house and start spewing profanity in front of your child can you tell me to stop or to leave or are you bound by the 1st Amendment to just let me continue in your living room?

The OP should be thanked heartily for the entertainment value of his inanity.

You go, Dude!

fennecfrank
10-02-2010, 10:56 AM
In a bad economy like this, while a lot of lawyers are out of job.......

I would see the attorney "gladly" accept the case, after a few sessions of charging $300 an hour, s/he would advise......

"NO CASE"

safewaysecurity
10-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Go into a church and peaceably assemble with 1,000 people and start protesting against Christianity and if they kick out sue them for infringing on your 1st amendment right. Also go to a strangers house and carry all fo your guns on your person and when they kick you out sue them for infringing on your second amendment right... could easily be a troll post.

rorschach
10-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Classic.

mzimmers
10-02-2010, 11:23 AM
What are the odds that this snapperhead OP is really just putting us on?

Veggie
10-02-2010, 11:25 AM
As a company or anything in general for that matter, can't take away a members first amendment.

Why the heck did I get fired when I told my boss to *&^ %&*^@R% ^@%^% ^%%^%^@ ^^%@#&^ !!

mzimmers
10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Why the heck did I get fired when I told my boss to *&^ %&*^@R% ^@%^% ^%%^%^@ ^^%@#&^ !!

Because you'd been banging his daughter?

Barbarossa
10-02-2010, 11:54 AM

I'd probably get banned if I told you what I though about your post, my friend.

:stupid:

Victory
10-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Someone sent us up the First Amendment!

-Vic

OHOD
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
This thread is epic!
I need to get in on it, and read every response.

To the OP:
Would you like to be the Official Cat Lady? You would hear allot of meowing and whining. I'm sure your used to it.

sergeantrex
10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Arrogance + Not having any idea how the world works = FAIL

Foulball
10-02-2010, 1:02 PM
Welcome to failtown, population = you.

LOL!!! Orangeglo you do have a way with words, my friend.

And to the OP: You have seven posts. Seven. SEVEN. 7.
And you are already *****ing about rules you agreed to when you signed up?
Seriously???

WTF over?

:confused:

Whiskey84
10-02-2010, 1:17 PM
This is damn funny lol

leelaw
10-02-2010, 1:30 PM
LOL!!! Orangeglo you do have a way with words, my friend.

And to the OP: You have seven posts. Seven. SEVEN. 7.
And you are already *****ing about rules you agreed to when you signed up?
Seriously???

WTF over?

:confused:

Actually, he had more than seven, but some evil Moderators dared delete them due to rules violations.

Josey Wales
10-02-2010, 1:34 PM
Ban ala Melvinoelgreat?

PhantomII
10-02-2010, 1:36 PM
Actually, he had more than seven, but some evil Moderators dared delete them due to rules violations.

WHAT?!?!?!? That's a violation of his first amendment rights!

He has already warned the moderators that if they continue to take members rights away they will suffer the lawsuit consequences!

Somebody ought to start a petition or something.

Josey Wales
10-02-2010, 1:43 PM
First the whole "I'm a Calguns addict-change my title", now this. Melvino....is this one of your sock puppet accounts?

paintballergb
10-02-2010, 1:46 PM
You're not going to sue anyone. You have a lot to learn about being an internet tough guy.

stitchnicklas
10-02-2010, 1:51 PM
man Kestryll's ban hammer must be dying get out of it's cage right now...http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=70620&d=1286056289

bruceflinch
10-02-2010, 2:06 PM
I think it's time for....

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/wahmbulance.jpg

I was hoping somebody would post that! :D

Somebody email the Whiney post to this guy.

PsychGuy274
10-02-2010, 2:29 PM

I AGREE! FIGHT THE POWER! DOWN WITH THE MAN!

DOWN WITH CALGUNS!!! :43:

Ok but seriously, an education is a terrible thing to waste.

I say we all congregate in this guy's living room and talk about how much fail his post is and point and laugh! I mean, it's not like he can legally kick us out, right? :D

PhantomII
10-02-2010, 2:35 PM
I AGREE! FIGHT THE POWER! DOWN WITH THE MAN!

DOWN WITH CALGUNS!!! :43:

Shhhhhhhhh...

Be careful what you say around here.

I heard a rumor that some of the people that hang out here may have guns.

Even some with those deadly Glock's, AK-47's and I think one guy even has one of those schnauzers.:eek:

faterikcartman
10-02-2010, 2:39 PM
Start your own website?

nmerced
10-02-2010, 2:52 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/9/30/947eb57d-0f47-4488-a7d7-de406a9aa071.jpg

Fjold
10-02-2010, 3:03 PM
Man, you have to be sorry that you opened this can of "stupid" in front of everyone.

NSR500
10-02-2010, 3:23 PM
What's even dumber is he posted his telephone number in one of his 7 posts.

ojisan
10-02-2010, 3:32 PM
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/JustUsNurses/thbannedsmiley.gif

KAG
10-02-2010, 3:48 PM
Ummm...

With the seemingly increasing speed this state is taking away your rights, you are worried about rights on a privately owned website, where your rights are not guaranteed?

Sounds pretty stupid to me...

If the site owner puts in the rules that you cannot talk in the first person, than you cannot talk in the first person or risk being counciled, or outright banned.

So... where's the ban hammer?

Cokebottle
10-02-2010, 5:42 PM
No warnings please I'm happy here.
Oh, be a sport....

Sometimes making a post is WORTH a 72 hour ban (especially if you're packing for a 5 day vacation :D )

Cokebottle
10-02-2010, 5:45 PM
You have all been warned and I am forwarding this to my team of Attorneys!
Are you using the firm I referred you to...

Ben Dover & C. Howit Feals

:D

skanless
10-02-2010, 5:52 PM
Wow. This is some thread.

IrishPirate
10-02-2010, 5:56 PM
Sorry to Thread Jack but:

Since the 1st ammendment has been incorporated (right?), it means that the States and their Local Gov'ts can't make laws that infringe on our 1A rights.......correct?

But businesses can do it all they want.....correct?

What if you are a State employee?.........could the state tell you that you aren't allowed to say certain things at work?

Cokebottle
10-02-2010, 6:01 PM
What if you are a State employee?.........could the state tell you that you aren't allowed to say certain things at work?
Interesting....

Ya... I just had my sexual harassment class last week.
I've also been told that even with a CCW, firearms are prohibited on city property.

GammaRei
10-02-2010, 6:01 PM
So what your deal, this is A privately owned forum. You paid nothing for an account and now are threatening a lawsuit in return becasue you have been warned after not following the terms of use? If you go to a restaraunt that is privately owned and are asked to leave because you were excersising your 1st amendment rights do you think that you could win in a lawsuit? I dont. Stop being a dick about something you got for free.

- G

B Strong
10-02-2010, 6:22 PM

Cheers,
Lee

Regards,
Lee
_____

This is a private forum, and as such none of the users have any right to anything past what the forum owner(s) and moderators allow, enforce or require.

If you wish to have a site of your own, you will make the rules and others will need to comply with said rules in order to utilize your site.

I'm quite happy here as a user, you may not be. Both of us are free to leave and not return.

Eljay
10-02-2010, 6:47 PM

I love this example. Where in the world did he get this idea? And if you want to see how Facebook feels about free speech, you should see how aggressive they are deleting accounts of art photographers or models who post a shot that somehow goes slightly over some undefined line. I have some model friends who literally have to create new accounts every couple of months.

PsychGuy274
10-02-2010, 6:53 PM
I love this example. Where in the world did he get this idea? And if you want to see how Facebook feels about free speech, you should see how aggressive they are deleting accounts of art photographers or models who post a shot that somehow goes slightly over some undefined line. I have some model friends who literally have to create new accounts every couple of months.

THAT COMMENT IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruceflinch
10-02-2010, 6:57 PM
Despite his post, I guess the OP has the sense not to come back & defend his position. Did he hear the hum of the ban mallet warming up???

Turbinator
10-02-2010, 7:07 PM
This entertainment is certainly worth the 15 minutes it took me to go through and read every single response. Love it!! :D

Turby

PsychGuy274
10-02-2010, 7:34 PM
Despite his post, I guess the OP has the sense not to come back & defend his position. Did he hear the hum of the ban mallet warming up???

Isn't that such a beautiful sound?

SimpleCountryActuary
10-02-2010, 8:15 PM
The First Amendment is irrelevant. On point is the first rule of preventing damage from Alien space radiation:

Shiny Side Up. :TFH:

Lead-Thrower
10-02-2010, 8:23 PM
This thread made my day. Thank you OP for providing some comic relief. :D

CHS
10-02-2010, 8:48 PM

Quoted for hilarity.

Again :)

otalps
10-02-2010, 9:23 PM

I agree. This ain't over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

CaliforniaLiberal
10-02-2010, 9:29 PM

Was it over when the Marines were surrounded at Bastogne?!?! NO!!!

otalps
10-02-2010, 9:37 PM
And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

emc002
10-02-2010, 9:42 PM
You went full retard man. Never go full retard!

Bwahahahahaha! QFT

And while many of you are witty and some made me LOL, please stop!
I need to read more OP posts in this thread, I need more of his astounding insight!

retired
10-02-2010, 9:49 PM
I figured I better post in this if I want to be made part of the law suit. I actually felt a little left out.;)

Neil, we are all grateful to you for being here and providing us hours of fun and entertainment. I'm still waiting for the movie or series to come out.:D

Bigtwin
10-02-2010, 9:54 PM
All I can say is come into my house and see what I let you get away with!

This is for all intents and purposes, NOT your house!

ivanimal
10-02-2010, 11:40 PM
This thread delivers!

http://theinnerdoor.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ups-drivers-carticle.jpg

fullrearview
10-03-2010, 1:10 AM
IBTL.......Barely

ogcsmn
10-03-2010, 3:57 AM
After sitting down with an attorney, its come to a conclusion that this is a public site just like anything else... Because it doesn't require a membership and password to access it and read what have been posted..

@ 69mach1... I did understand what you were trying to do and was just asking why; you blew it up to a bully pushing match.

@ Leelaw... I only said three words... and you send me a message.... I ask what did I do this time and you couldn't even give me an answer...

Thanks for nothing!!!

NSR500
10-03-2010, 4:02 AM
You must be on drugs.

This (Calguns) is not a "Public" site. Your pathetic account was issued to you by your agreement to the terms of this site.

Just go away... Go away mad if you have to, but just go away...

Calguns is a Private Site...

PowderBurn1
10-03-2010, 4:09 AM
This might help.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/Mosby1863/258Troll_spray.jpg

grymster
10-03-2010, 4:12 AM
After sitting down with an attorney, its come to a conclusion that this is a public site just like anything else... Because it doesn't require a membership and password to access it and read what have been posted..

@ 69mach1... I did understand what you were trying to do and was just asking why; you blew it up to a bully pushing match.

@ Leelaw... I only said three words... and you send me a message.... I ask what did I do this time and you couldn't even give me an answer...

Thanks for nothing!!! Rather cryptic, but does this mean the lawsuit if off? Tell me it ain't so, because this has been some very good stuff for sure, my friend!

CaliforniaLiberal
10-03-2010, 4:20 AM

As a company or anything in general for that matter, can't take away a members first amendment...

I think that you act like an 11 year old kid running around online without needed parental supervision.

If you intend to join this community I suggest that you spend a month just reading and do not post until you have a better sense about the expectations and customs here.

It's a huge no-no to dog for-sale postings. People are trying to sell stuff, not asking your opinion. Either ask a question, buy it, or move on to another listing if you don't like what you see.

You're a guest here. You don't have any rights except those you earn by being a good Forum Citizen. Those who run this place are our generous benefactors, they don't have to spend the time and treasure to keep it going. It would be great if they didn't have to deal with {______} like you.

If you don't like it get out. Go somewhere else. Maybe you should start your own forum for others with an attitude like you.

PowderBurn1
10-03-2010, 4:26 AM
Let me put on my :TFH: maybe just maybe this guy is a Brady campaign troll?!?!?!?!?! Just throwing that out there.

freonr22
10-03-2010, 6:11 AM
kinda weird, they allow pedos, but you cant swear

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=347042

ohh, and I called him a troll in the first few, but it got deleted, you might get a warning

pullnshoot25
10-03-2010, 6:13 AM
Just read the first 10 responses. Wtf did the open come from? Seriously, wow.

RomanDad
10-03-2010, 6:17 AM
Awesomeness

ZirconJohn
10-03-2010, 6:31 AM

Thanks for nothing!!!

Friend... (yes I just said 'friend')

This is NO way to conduct an Official lawsuit, come-ON...!

I mean after an opening statement (OP) like you delivered...
you practically had it WON...! :sarcasm:

And now... now this is the meat of your argument... :confused:

This thread NEEDS moar cowbell...!

BjsUf_oIgp0&feature

rrr70
10-03-2010, 6:33 AM
To the OP

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb149/roma1970/Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

762cavalier
10-03-2010, 7:10 AM
IBTL

In Before the Lawsuit.:p

Cokebottle
10-03-2010, 7:24 AM
Hey Socmob, welcome back.

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 7:24 AM
....and the hits just keep on coming!

Ohh...and more cowbell!!!!!!

Synergy
10-03-2010, 7:27 AM

Thanks for nothing!!!

I am itching to tear into this juicy tidbit and prove the FAIL! I will leave it to a mod to retort! LMAO!

http://www.liquidsilver.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/fail_20at_20failing.jpg

AJAX22
10-03-2010, 7:34 AM
It's public because you can READ it without logging in?

And your upset because when you logged in and posted your comments were pulled? You do realize you has to log in to post right? Invalidating the standard of public v private that you yourself just set... Right?

That's like saying 'I can read a billboard in times square, so it's public, which means I can spraypaint 'eat a meaty bowl of ****' on it.. Freedom of speech right?

Please keep us posted on the progress of this lawsuit, this is clearly a huge violation of your civil lefts and a travesty of the interwebz.

DougJ
10-03-2010, 7:43 AM
This thread is somewhat epic...

IATM,MB,ABTEL

In After The Move, Move back, And Before The Eventual Lock

emc002
10-03-2010, 8:33 AM
After sitting down with an attorney

You found an attorney's office open on Saturday? Was he working his "2nd job" at the Waffle House?

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 8:39 AM
After sitting down with an attorney, its come to a conclusion that this is a public site just like anything else... Because it doesn't require a membership and password to access it and read what have been posted..Thanks for nothing!!!

Why do I keep hearing Bill Engvall?

Here's your sign!

rrr70
10-03-2010, 8:43 AM
Why do I keep hearing Bill Engvall?

Here's your sign!

LOL
Stupid is as stupid does.
I hope OP won't get upset with me for excercising my 1st Amendment right. :D

Synergy
10-03-2010, 8:45 AM
You found an attorney's office open on Saturday? Was he working his "2nd job" at the Waffle House?

I think he has Legal Zoom or found a attorney on late night TV.

Jo3eh_IRVJk

fennecfrank
10-03-2010, 8:57 AM
I can't believe OP sat down with a lawyer......well, I guess he's a man with his words....
and I also wonder how much this "lawyer" charged him......

It's surprising how much a man will pay because his feelings were apparently hurt..........

I wonder if OP will go to a court and yell while there's a proceeding, got ban from the court, and then sue the court for 1st amendment rights....... a court is also a public place too.....

Palmaris
10-03-2010, 8:58 AM
Pretty productive meeting, at list in terms of time frame:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/Palmaris/1-2.jpg

Steyrlp10
10-03-2010, 9:29 AM
In a bad economy like this, while a lot of lawyers are out of job.......

I would see the attorney "gladly" accept the case, after a few sessions of charging $300 an hour, s/he would advise......

"NO CASE"

Lol... a good paralegal has a minimum billing rate of $300/hr. The litigation attorneys I know are at $900/hr.

I run errands for one day and find this -- classic :)

stitchnicklas
10-03-2010, 9:34 AM

Thanks for nothing!!!
i smell a ban hammer warming up somewhere.......:hammer::seeya:

CALI-gula
10-03-2010, 9:55 AM

I think that the above is one of the most entertaining aspects of your original post. Except for the fact that when I read your post, I imagine your words as lyrics being sung by Carol Channing - really, this is the voice I hear when I read your post.

You, as Carol Channing; that is what I think.

V-UrGp4Wbk4

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Man...that email address must be flooded with all sorts of good thoughts!

Honeydos
10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/I-dont-understand-what-your-saying/1/Understand-Bill_and_Ted.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

You can't fix stupid!:nuts:

emc002
10-03-2010, 10:11 AM

That you even knew to search for that... frightening! :cool:

a-shot
10-03-2010, 10:19 AM
<3

Edited because I'm awesome, and don't thread crap or be rude to people.

Fjold
10-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Thanks for nothing!!!

But it does require a password and agreement with the rules before posting, therefore you have no basis for any case of first amendment protection.

Please post the name of your attorney so that none of us ever consider hiring such ill-informed counsel.

jben
10-03-2010, 10:58 AM

I hope this is a pun that I haven't figured out yet...:confused:

POLICESTATE
10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Wow what can I say but

http://strang.newtomorrow.org/CGN/fail.jpg

Cheers,
Lee

Regards,
Lee
_____

Cokebottle
10-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Rent the movie "1941" starring John Belushi, Treat Williams, Mickey Rourke, John Landis, Rita Taggart, and Dan Aykroyd.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Wasn't this John Belushi in Animal House where Dean Wormer comes to kick the Fraternity out of school and Bluto says "This isn't over etc. etc." with Germans bombing Pearl Harbor etc. and charges out thinking he's leading his brothers out the door and no one follows. And then he walks back in all quiet and sits down.

Unless I got it wrong.....

jben
10-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Rent the movie "1941" starring John Belushi, Treat Williams, Mickey Rourke, John Landis, Rita Taggart, and Dan Aykroyd.

Now I remember...but I think you mean Animal House.

Cokebottle
10-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Now I remember...but I think you mean Animal House.
Oops...

I could swear Belushi had a similar line in 1941.

Spiggy
10-03-2010, 11:34 AM
1941 would be "HOLLYWOOD!"

wvdcm3
10-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Cheers,
Lee

Regards,
Lee
_____

Two questions:
1. Is this your first "online" experience?
2. would you allow a stranger to enter your home, then proceed to break your House Rules?

DVSmith
10-03-2010, 12:11 PM
You should go away. You are a waste of this forum's bandwidth and resources.

Cheers,
Lee

Regards,
Lee
_____

Kestryll
10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Honestly I'm conflicted here.

On the one hand a ban would be the easiest solution but on the other hand this is comedy GOLD!!!

thrillhouse700
10-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I have been banned and I cried a lil. I apologized for my wrong doings and came back. No big deal. But this is just epic.

leelaw
10-03-2010, 12:49 PM

Thanks for nothing!!!

You've convinced me...

...to print out a copy of this thread so I can refer to it when I need a quick laugh.

balzak
10-03-2010, 1:05 PM

Thanks for nothing!!!

You're making yourself look like a fool. You obviously haven't spoke with a real lawyer and you don't understand the concept of private property.

A lot of people have problems with the way this place is ran but the fact is that this site is private property. It belongs to someone and the owners may do with it as they please - that's called property rights.

RudyN
10-03-2010, 1:31 PM
This thing is still alive? :43: I do like reading it though, as it does make for comedy relief from the OP.

socal2310
10-03-2010, 1:58 PM

On the one hand a ban would be the easiest solution but on the other hand this is comedy GOLD!!!

Ouch.... Now that's got to hurt!

You came on here practically begging to be banned - and failed.

creampuff
10-03-2010, 2:01 PM
This guy can't be serious right? This has to be a formerly banned member just trying to stir the pot?

This reminds me of the elementary school argument - "No teacher, this is a free country no one can tell me what to do"

Cokebottle
10-03-2010, 2:04 PM

The true definition of fail is when you fail to succeed in your attempt to fail!

Fjold
10-03-2010, 2:10 PM

Paul, please leave this post going. I need the laughs.

Synergy
10-03-2010, 2:31 PM
New sig material

The true definition of fail is when you fail to succeed in your attempt to fail!

twotap
10-03-2010, 2:45 PM
Hey ogcsmm,

This is a dictatorship ,now go get happy in the same spongebobs you got pi$$y in.
You left your rights at the log in box.

TNP'R
10-03-2010, 2:47 PM
If the OP thinks this is bad,if the government had its way it would censor everything.

762cavalier
10-03-2010, 4:55 PM
You should go away. You are a waste of this forum's bandwidth and resources.

No, its not a waste of bandwidth and resources! This thread delivers comedy gold. Please, Please let the OP continue to tell us about his most awesome civil rights deprivation.:D

It probably hurts more than being being hit square on the chin with the mighty ban hammer.
Which is why it should stay up. To prolong the pain.:43:

InFamous20
10-03-2010, 5:01 PM
<--- waits for the next sig line... :43:

stitchnicklas
10-03-2010, 6:20 PM
some where out there even g.w.bush is laughing at this guy.........

tuolumnejim
10-03-2010, 6:23 PM
Lol, bye bye. :43:

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 6:28 PM
This has to be made a sticky.

SimpleCountryActuary
10-03-2010, 6:56 PM
:cuss:

If you guys have nothing better to do than to mock the OP, then wait one bleeping second ...

OK, please continue. :popcorn:

TNP'R
10-03-2010, 7:05 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/owned/1/130646.gif

acousticmood
10-03-2010, 7:07 PM
I'm thinking 13, maybe 15 years old at best. Probably hasn't had his first class in civics. The OP is just bored, alone and exploring the new exciting world of internet anonymity. Well, except for that whole posting his email address thing.
Anybody email the young lad?

POLICESTATE
10-03-2010, 7:29 PM
I think that the above is one of the most entertaining aspects of your original post. Except for the fact that when I read your post, I imagine your words as lyrics being sung by Carol Channing - really, this is the voice I hear when I read your post.

V-UrGp4Wbk4

OMG she sounds like someone being strangled while they are also smoking a fistful of cigarettes at the same time!

If only such a thing had happened before she got into entertainment!

the_weirdo
10-03-2010, 7:44 PM
I just wanted to post in the best thread that I have ever read on this site.

skanless
10-03-2010, 7:47 PM
This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 7:51 PM
Forget sticky status...this has to go into the CGN's Best Threads. Second anyone?

Synergy
10-03-2010, 7:55 PM
Forget sticky status...this has to go into the CGN's Best Threads. Second anyone?

I second it!

OHOD
10-03-2010, 7:57 PM

Thanks for nothing!!!

Why is it that when I look at his screen name, I think "orgasm" every time?

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 7:59 PM
Why is it that when I look at his screen name, I think "orgasm" every time?

When's the last time you got .... :D

OHOD
10-03-2010, 8:01 PM
Too long I think. :D

mosinnagantm9130
10-03-2010, 8:02 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af314/mosinnagantm9130/Motivators%20and%20Stuff/banned.gif

I can see it coming...

chickenfried
10-03-2010, 8:14 PM
What's a "bully pushing match"? Is that some kind of legalese?

Josey Wales
10-03-2010, 8:16 PM
What's a "bully pushing match"?

It's one up from a cat fight.

bruceflinch
10-03-2010, 8:30 PM
Well, The OP hasn't been back since the OP. Maybe he is butthurt a bit?

Or busy w/ his attorney......

rrr70
10-03-2010, 8:32 PM
Maybe he is butthurt a bit?

At the same time?:D

fullrearview
10-03-2010, 8:38 PM
Damn you guys....Now I have to go and read this from the 1st post......I keep hering its quite the thread.

IrishPirate
10-03-2010, 8:42 PM

Thanks for nothing!!!

true, but you DO need a membership and password to post anything. That's where you're screwed. If they were restricting your right to read, that's one thing. But since you have to be a member, and since it's private not public, and since it's not in any way related to the government that the 1A protects you from (and only from), then you are.....once again....screwed. But please, by all means, drop the big bucks to prove us wrong. Calguns has more than enough memebrs who are lawyers that would love to battle this out with you, i'm sure.

fullrearview
10-03-2010, 8:44 PM
Lighten up Francis...

lolz:D

IrishPirate
10-03-2010, 8:44 PM
Sorry to Thread Jack but:

Since the 1st ammendment has been incorporated (right?), it means that the States and their Local Gov'ts can't make laws that infringe on our 1A rights.......correct?

But businesses can do it all they want.....correct?

had to bump this since there wasn't much response and i'm still curious....sorry!!

Gryff
10-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Constitutional grasp success? Or fail?

http://www.outofur.com/upload/2010/06/rome_thumbs_down.jpg

And since the OP is in my neck of the woods, I wonder if I should meet him at Starbucks and buy him a copy of coffee. That way, he could wake the **** up.

But not his lawyer. He has to buy his own coffee.

ogcsmn
10-04-2010, 1:05 AM
I'd probably get banned if I told you what I though about your post, my friend.

:stupid:

send me what you think on the e-mail address...

CaliforniaLiberal
10-04-2010, 1:11 AM

OMFG! He's back! He came back!

Hey everyone our boy is back online!

Good to see you again Orgasm! We really missed you! Where ya been? Put up any more well thought out posts anywhere?

So, everyone wants to know - we can't agree on what's the truth. Are you just trolling? Yanking our chain? Taking great delight in the storm of consternation?

Some here think you're just very young and ignorant, but others say you're just getting off on making everyone run around screaming.

Which is it?

NSR500
10-04-2010, 1:12 AM

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/its_a_trap.jpg

ogcsmn
10-04-2010, 1:46 AM
@californialiberal I've been working and I am not yanking your chain...

And to bruceflinch... I am still here! And can't wait to read what else you have to say!!!!

rrr70
10-04-2010, 5:54 AM
@californialiberal I've been working and I am not yanking your chain...

And to bruceflinch... I am still here! And can't wait to read what else you have to say!!!!

How's the lawsuit going? What your "lawyer" is saying?

DougJ
10-04-2010, 6:00 AM

Lawyer says:

GTFO...

45DAVID1
10-04-2010, 6:43 AM

Gloria Alred (sp) doesn't have time to take his case right now. She is too busy helping those poor unfortunate illegals who just wanted to come to the US to make a better life for themselves and their extended, extended extended families famlies cousins sisters brothers uncles best friends mother-in-laws aunt's dead cat.

SenorJefe
10-04-2010, 7:22 AM
Friggin' hilarious OP.

Remember the Boy Scouts of America? They have been sued for not admitting girls. They have been sued for not admitting gay members. They have been sued for expelling a homosexual scoutmaster. The court found in favor of BSA each time due to their private status. They can accept or boot anyone they see fit.

This whole American freedom thing sucks huh, buddy?
You're more than free to start CalCry.net and complete.

balzak
10-04-2010, 8:51 AM
What people don't get by asserting their "freedoms" on private property is that what they are doing is essentially working against the concept of liberty by attacking private property rights. To have any say in what someone does with their property is immoral as it implies that the property owner doesn't actually own that property. What the OP is actually supporting is the concept of complete "public property", where nobody, aside from the government, really holds any ownership over anything. "Public property" is just a euphemism for "private government property". The rhetoric seems to infer that it belongs to "everybody", but in reality, it belongs to the government.

creampuff
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I asserted my first ammendment rights yesterday by yelling "FIRE" in a crowded movie theatre yesterday. It was quite fun.

CaliforniaLiberal
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
What people don't get by asserting their "freedoms" on private property is that what they are doing is essentially working against the concept of liberty by attacking private property rights. To have any say in what someone does with their property is immoral as it implies that the property owner doesn't actually own that property. What the OP is actually supporting is the concept of complete "public property", where nobody, aside from the government, really holds any ownership over anything. "Public property" is just a euphemism for "private government property". The rhetoric seems to infer that it belongs to "everybody", but in reality, it belongs to the government.

OK, what if you have a beautiful piece of property that you have enjoyed and developed for 20 years and are planning to retire there. And your neighbor dies and his heirs sell his property to Acme Chemical Corporation and they put up a huge chemical plant and start sending noxious, gasping fumes your way and dumping their chemical waste into the river upstream of your property killing all of the fish and trees along the river? Your daughter's family lives with you and she gives birth to a baby with three eyes.

Will you attack Acme Chemical's property rights and start trying to tell them what they can and can't do with their property? No, no that would be immoral.

On the other hand, what if the air and the river is shared in common by everyone (foul socialist idea!) and it's against the law to destroy the commons?

How does this fit with your concept of absolute private property ownership?

SenorJefe
10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I yelled bomb at San Diego international. They infringed on my rights when I was cavity searched. :smartass: I guess I'll know better next time.

madmike
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
This has been so entertaining! Thank you OP so much for LOLs.

-madmike.

Exposed
10-04-2010, 11:42 AM
With threads as entertaining as this one, how am I supposed to get any work done? :)

Steyrlp10
10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
With threads as entertaining as this one, how am I supposed to get any work done? :)

Shhh.... lol

DVSmith
10-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, The OP hasn't been back since the OP. Maybe he is butthurt a bit?

"attorney" is his nickname for his right hand... :eek:

Lead-Thrower
10-04-2010, 12:31 PM
This thread is full of so much fail that it wins!

GutPunch
10-04-2010, 1:00 PM
OMG. How did I miss this until now.

@ OP - Dude welcome to the internet. Apparently its your first time in the interwebs so just a friendly FYI: You have no rights. :willy_nilly: Yeah I know you are going balistic over this factoid but its true. You exist at the whim of the owner. KTHXBYE.

But as a side note, you just created the best thread of the month.

@ Mods - I'm wondering if this is a guntards joke or something cause the level of :nuts: is off the scale.

Nose Nuggets
10-04-2010, 1:04 PM
Well, this has been fun. All i can say with absolute certainty is, I am glad the OP is wrong.

greybeard
10-04-2010, 1:40 PM
I do not believe I just read all 243 post. good thing work is slow and I must thank IT for removing the filters.

Stormfeather
10-04-2010, 3:11 PM
Who0oOHo0HoO

Free Post Bump Of 1. . .! :thumbsup:

Oh yea, to the OP. . .LOL, . . . seriously?

RideIcon
10-05-2010, 9:23 AM

You're new to this aren't you?

facebook does that as a policy, not because it's law.

you do not own this forum, or its host, but you are allowed to post here by the owner.

If someone stuck a large penis sticker on your car, do you think it would be illegal to peal it off?

RomanDad
10-05-2010, 9:33 AM
If someone stuck a large penis sticker on your car, do you think it would be illegal to peal it off?

Best analogy ever.

balzak
10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
OK, what if you have a beautiful piece of property that you have enjoyed and developed for 20 years and are planning to retire there. And your neighbor dies and his heirs sell his property to Acme Chemical Corporation and they put up a huge chemical plant and start sending noxious, gasping fumes your way and dumping their chemical waste into the river upstream of your property killing all of the fish and trees along the river? Your daughter's family lives with you and she gives birth to a baby with three eyes.

Will you attack Acme Chemical's property rights and start trying to tell them what they can and can't do with their property? No, no that would be immoral.

On the other hand, what if the air and the river is shared in common by everyone (foul socialist idea!) and it's against the law to destroy the commons?

How does this fit with your concept of absolute private property ownership?
Good question, and I hope I address it adequately as there is a strong case for property rights being safeguards for the environment. Sounds crazy at first, but hear me out.

Acme Chemical is the one infringing upon your property rights. They are essentially causing property damage by polluting your land and air and decimating the value of your property on top of that. It's no different than someone coming onto your property and destroying your valuables. Therefore, you could sue them for damages. You could essentially have them pay to have your property restored to the previous condition (clean air, water, soil). Of course, this would likely put Acme out of business and your problem would be solved. In a society where property rights are protected in such a way, Acme would have never bothered putting their factory there as it would have obviously been unprofitable.

Of course, my explanation is very crude and basic. If you're interested, there are far more qualified folks out there who discuss the many intricacies involved in protecting property rights. There are strong arguments for the idea that property rights, in the absence of the EPA and similar government intervention, could do an efficient job in protecting the environment in whole without necessitating a government environmental gestapo (aka EPA).

I guess you could credit the industrial revolution for the lack of respect for property rights when it comes to pollution. It hit so hard and fast and so much wealth was being made that people never really considered the implications of property rights and pollution.

Remember, rights are only "absolute" so long as you do not infringe on the rights of others. I can swing my fist all I want so long as I don't hit someone in the face outside of defending my safety or property (unless they consented :D).

Decoligny
10-05-2010, 10:33 AM
You're new to this aren't you?

facebook does that as a policy, not because it's law.

you do not own this forum, or its host, but you are allowed to post here by the owner.

If it were a sticker with a graphic of a large penis, I would remove it.

If is were simply a bumber sticker with the words "Large Penis", I might be tempted to leave it on as an advertisement. :D

balzak
10-05-2010, 11:16 AM
If it were a sticker with a graphic of a large penis, I would remove it.

If is were simply a bumber sticker with the words "Large Penis", I might be tempted to leave it on as an advertisement. :D
Driving around with a big c**k on your car might advertise the "wrong" message if you know what I mean :D. Unless you do get down like that, which is fine.

Nick1236
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
If it hasnt been posted yet:

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/2/5/8/banhammer15gq9.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9097/banhammer1o.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080807164753/uncyclopedia/images/0/03/Banhammer.jpeg

CaliforniaLiberal
10-05-2010, 1:01 PM
..... It's no different than someone coming onto your property and destroying your valuables. Therefore, you could sue them for damages. You could essentially have them pay to have your property restored to the previous condition (clean air, water, soil). Of course, this would likely put Acme out of business and your problem would be solved. In a society where property rights are protected in such a way, Acme would have never bothered putting their factory there as it would have obviously been unprofitable..........

OK, that's pretty good. Enforcing property rights vs Environmental Regulation.

But what if Acme is a $10 Billion a year Multinational Mega Corporation and they have herds of fierce and angry lawyers to call upon at need. At the very least they could drag out a law suit for many years, perhaps bankrupting you with legal fees.

And what if Acme exercises their freedom of speech to donate tens of millions of dollars to the appropriate political candidates and tilt the playing field against you.

Are you familiar with General Electrics 25 year fight to avoid cleaning up the PCBs it dumped into the Hudson River. 25 years.

jtv3062
10-05-2010, 1:39 PM
Looks like a lot of "circus" is Going on in this thread

balzak
10-05-2010, 2:07 PM
OK, that's pretty good. Enforcing property rights vs Environmental Regulation.

1. But what if Acme is a $10 Billion a year Multinational Mega Corporation and they have herds of fierce and angry lawyers to call upon at need. At the very least they could drag out a law suit for many years, perhaps bankrupting you with legal fees.

2. And what if Acme exercises their freedom of speech to donate tens of millions of dollars to the appropriate political candidates and tilt the playing field against you.

Are you familiar with General Electrics 25 year fight to avoid cleaning up the PCBs it dumped into the Hudson River. 25 years.
While valid concerns, I'd say these issues are outside the realm of property rights. Again, I'm far from the best source out there to come up with solutions, but I'll throw some of what I've got out there.

1. For one, sending out hoards of lawyers against every property owner effected would be very expensive. Aside from that, this issue could be handled many different ways. The main problem would be immoral laws that should be overturned and corrupt judges which should be dealt with (criminally charged, hanged, use your imagination) which would allow these companies to be successful in court.

2. This problem is corporatism. A very big issue that we have today. We would need to come up with a way of identifying and dealing with (see above in regards to judges) politicians who are corrupt. However, corporatism is only able to flourish because politicians are able to enact laws which are contrary to to the philosophies of liberty.

Corporations use government as an instrument of "evil" because of the power and authority it possesses. If we can't stop corporations from corrupting the government, the best we can do is limit the power at the source.