PDA

View Full Version : Selling My Mosin Nagants Without An FFL Transfer?

m1aowner
05-29-2006, 2:22 AM
I have a M38 dated 43, and a 91/30 dated 41. How old do they have to be before I can sell/trade without an FFL transfer?

courteousgavin
05-29-2006, 3:36 AM
They have to be 50 years old at least. But that is only for within California. If you are going to sell them to someone in another state then you should ship it to an FFL.

Santa Cruz Armory
05-29-2006, 8:11 AM
I have a M38 dated 43, and a 91/30 dated 41. How old do they have to be before I can sell/trade without an FFL transfer?

I have a C&R FFL, how much do you want for them?

metalhead357
05-29-2006, 8:23 PM
Hey M1!

You the same as TV vet that posted over on Amback????? If so, I answered ya' there!!!! WHERE are ya'? And whatta ya want for these things???????? As said over there- if the price is right you've already found a buyer. Dont wanna knock no-one off here but my post for these was at 3pm on the 28th over there (and if this is the same guy)...................

CowtownBallin
05-29-2006, 11:47 PM
No C&R required if you sell it to someone face to face, private party. Just sell it like you would a TV or a bicycle.

From CA DOJ website FAQ:
"Firearm sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law. The buyer (and seller, in the event that the buyer is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements. "Antique firearms," as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code, and curio or relic rifles/shotguns, defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations that are over 50 years old, are exempt from this requirement. "

How much for the M38? My brother needs his first gun!

m1aowner
05-30-2006, 1:18 AM
Thanks for the info gentlemen. After some thought, and looking at the rifles again, I've decided to keep them for now. I was reminded these are pieces of history. Not everybody can say they own a WWII battle rifle. When I'm in my sixties, these rifle will be over a hundred years old! Something to think about. A link to history.

Yes, I am TV VET on every other gun board, but I couldn't get the same name here.

metalhead357
05-30-2006, 6:36 AM
Thank ya' M1 for replyin' back & I dont fault ya' one bit. They're good guns! As ya see here- you have some buyers if ya' change your mind.

metalhead:)