PDA

View Full Version : I need to find parts

Gumpa38
10-01-2010, 6:58 PM
I have heard all the cons on owning a Bryco/Jennings. I really do enjoy playing with them. I have a Model 38 that I need a frame and barrel pin for. I bought 2 of them at the gun show and one is damaged. I must admit that with the cheap guns I don't feel bad about taking a file or dremmel to it. I have it down pretty good. No I won't take any precision shooting awards and they still have their problems but I feel like a gunsmith or something when I am in the shop playing with them. So far I have found web sites that sell most of the parts I ever need but there seems to be some reason that they won't sell the frame. I really don't understand it. I could see something against the barrel because of ballistics or something like that but the frame isn't going to change my barrels markings. If anyone knows someplace I can get one or even a parts gun that has a decent frame I would really appreciate it. Gumpa.
Drop me an email at gumpa_38@yahoo.com Please.

SoCal Bob
10-01-2010, 7:02 PM
Hey Gumpa38, welcome to Calguns. I think you will get more and faster responses if you post this question in the California Handguns forum. Good luck with your search.

Southpaw45
10-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Try Here. ..>>>> http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

freonr22
10-02-2010, 12:20 AM
www.gunbroker.com but really? you want to dros a new gun (frame) ???

ojisan
10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
The frame is the serial numbered part that must be transferred / bought through a licensed dealer, this is why it is not sold as a spare part.
CA does not allow the sale of bare handgun frames* so you are stuck buying a new complete gun if you want to get a new frame.

* = yes, AR / AK, 80% builds, etc...no such thing for a budget blow back .380.

All these types of guns in this family / design type need regular replacement of the recoil springs to prevent frame and / or slide damage.