PDA

View Full Version : Any decent priced C&R firearm shops in So Cal?

footdoc
05-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I bought most of my C&R firearms online. While the prices on most of them are pretty good, I really hate buying firearms unseen. Can any of you recommend a good shop in So Cal that has decent prices and good turnovers?
Thanks.

kenc9
05-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Over all your better off doing your homework and buying the C&R's that are being imported currently..Nothing cheaper. Now if what you want isn't being imported here in Ca. your pretty much limited to gun shows.

If you are into say...Mausers then go to http://www.gunboards.com/forums/
trader and find somebody with a good trading history that can be verified in the trader feedback area. Same thing exists at the gun auction sites but you'll pay the highest prices there.

There is no substitute to taking the time to see how guys that are real collectors find their gun deals. In the south East you can go from shop to shop but out here you wont find many deals.

I have found most of my rifles from other collectors changing their focus and dumping some of their collection.

If you can get into current imports you will do the best.
Like SKS's are as cheap as they get and Yugo Mausers as well and imported pistols.

-ken

footdoc
05-30-2006, 3:28 PM
Ken, what you say is true.

I got most of my WWI and WWII rifles from online sales and from folks posting in the trader/for sale sections of the online discussion forums.

I have visited most of the shops within the 20 miles radius and haven't found any shops that sell milsurp firearms at "reasonable" prices. I just thought maybe one of you know of a shop that do carry good selection at a good price.

It is difficult to find good deals even at our local show - Crossroads of the West. Or maybe I am just not lucky enough to find it. Sometimes, I wished I lived in the Southeast, where milsurp firearms are more plentiful.

Got any that you want to trade?

kenc9
05-30-2006, 7:05 PM
Ken, what you say is true.

I got most of my WWI and WWII rifles from online sales and from folks posting in the trader/for sale sections of the online discussion forums.

I have visited most of the shops within the 20 miles radius and haven't found any shops that sell milsurp firearms at "reasonable" prices. I just thought maybe one of you know of a shop that do carry good selection at a good price.

It is difficult to find good deals even at our local show - Crossroads of the West. Or maybe I am just not lucky enough to find it. Sometimes, I wished I lived in the Southeast, where milsurp firearms are more plentiful.

Got any that you want to trade?

If your into rare Mausers, I have one ot two I am going to be selling. I have a Iraqi Crested Mauser with Winter trigger guard style I am going to sell and a BYU 1943 K98 Vet bring back as well. If you are interested PM me.

PS I am looking for Makarovs or Finnish or Russian or any semi(10%) Joke, auto matic.

-ken

glen avon
05-30-2006, 7:26 PM
centerfire in riverside has reasonably priced milsurps. not too many, but they do have them. I have seen some good deals there. SVTs for $500-ish, M95/34 with a mirror bore for $125-ish; battle-beaten nonrefurb Mosins, etc.

footdoc
06-01-2006, 3:10 PM
There is a store called Ling Sports in Hacienda Heights that has quite a bit of C&R bolt action and semi-auto rifles. The owner is knowledgeable but the pricing is at least $50-$75 higher than online prices. Very slow inventory turnover.

Moonclip
06-01-2006, 4:44 PM
There is a store called Ling Sports in Hacienda Heights that has quite a bit of C&R bolt action and semi-auto rifles. The owner is knowledgeable but the pricing is at least $50-$75 higher than online prices. Very slow inventory turnover.

Address, phone number please? How about non c7r stuff?

footdoc
06-01-2006, 9:52 PM
Here it is. You gotta love Google.com

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=66.457072,104.414062&q=gun+shop,+hacienda+heights,+CA&latlng=33997741,-117965205,10911918552874182744