PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take for my c&r license arrive?

DRM6000
05-27-2006, 8:39 PM
I just put the app in the mail today. How long will be before I receive the license? I read three months somewhere. Is that right?

Just wondering, will some vendors discount non-c&r firearms with a ffl03?

kenc9
05-27-2006, 8:47 PM
They vary alot with how long it takes. Most I have heard have to call and check as to when they will get it. If you can buy a gun you will get it so don't start to sweat they are finding something :D

I have heard guys getting them in 3-4 weeks but mine took 10 weeks.
My advice is to wait a few weeks and call them and see where it stands. When I called they called me back and told me something like there may be further background checking on me and I was sure they were looking at my teenager mistakes I made haha but they are full of BS I got it 2 weeks later.

Don't forget to give a copy to your local PD.

-ken

TonyM
05-27-2006, 9:59 PM
I got mine recently, took exactly 1 day less than 3 months from charging my card to receiving it in the mail.

DRM6000
05-27-2006, 10:17 PM
They vary alot with how long it takes. Most I have heard have to call and check as to when they will get it. If you can buy a gun you will get it so don't start to sweat they are finding something :D

-ken

i'm not worrying anything related to my background. i'm just anxious to start buying things with my future discounts. :D

mow
05-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I just put the app in the mail today. How long will be before I receive the license? I read three months somewhere. Is that right?

Anywhere from 60 - 90 days, thats what they told me when I called

finfan
05-28-2006, 5:49 PM

Mine took about 4 weeks, if i remember right.
And yes, some vendors do carry non c&r firearms & you'll get dealer
pricing on those! 01 for the transfer (as you know).

May the wait be short for you!

Snuffalofogus
05-28-2006, 6:49 PM
they cashed my check on the 5th.

All those C&R's out there are calling my name, and I can't answer em:(

joe_sun
05-30-2006, 9:53 AM
Mine took 3 months just about to the day.

It's a rough wait.

tsteil
05-31-2006, 7:55 PM
Mine took about 2 months.

mow
05-31-2006, 8:02 PM
Still waiting for mine, sent on 4-6-06.I am hoping within the month :cool:

kj
05-31-2006, 8:18 PM
Mailed my paperwork on March 20. Hit the credit card a few days later. I emailed to check on the status a few weeks later and was told that they logged it in on April 4 and that they have 60 days to process it. I called them last week to check the status and was told that it was still in processing and that they had 90 days to process it.

five.five-six
05-31-2006, 8:23 PM
do i need one to buy a Curio and Relic?

icormba
06-02-2006, 6:55 PM
How long will be before I receive the license?

2 weeks ;)

just kidding!

Mine took about 30 days.

kj
06-03-2006, 9:33 PM
Mailed my paperwork on March 20. Hit the credit card a few days later. I emailed to check on the status a few weeks later and was told that they logged it in on April 4 and that they have 60 days to process it. I called them last week to check the status and was told that it was still in processing and that they had 90 days to process it.

Update! Came home today to find a light blue envelop waiting for me. Took 60 days from the date they logged it in.

DRM6000
06-05-2006, 12:26 PM
So I guess it's going to take awhile. *sigh* I have a shopping list that is growing, but have put off buying anything until the ffl03 arrives. I can't wait to see what dealer pricing is like. :)

monkezuncle
12-12-2006, 1:20 PM
Since all the posts were quite old I thought I would give an update from the end of year. I sent mine off the beginning of November and received it today (12.12.06). So, at least they seem like they might be getting a bit faster. It was an extremely painless process, the most complicated thing was explaining to the local PD that "no, you REALLY DON'T do anything with this form, it is a FEDERAL license". That part took me almost a half an hour. Merry Christmas all!

ATS76
12-12-2006, 1:42 PM
I mailed my application around Sep 5th. MY FFL arrived in about 65 days.

chiefcrash
12-12-2006, 2:32 PM
do i need one to buy a Curio and Relic?

you don't need a C&R license to buy C&R guns. You can buy whatever gun you want, it just has to go through a 01 FFL, get DROSed, 10 day wait, etc

with the C&R license, you can have C&R rifles that are 50+ years old shipped straight to your door. And if you go out of state, you can cash&carry C&R handguns...

Whitesmoke
12-12-2006, 5:21 PM
It was an extremely painless process, the most complicated thing was explaining to the local PD that "no, you REALLY DON'T do anything with this form, it is a FEDERAL license". That part took me almost a half an hour. Merry Christmas all!

I didn't want to deal with that...so I just mailed the form to the Sheriffs Depts address and addressed it to the sheriff himself....:D

chiefcrash
12-12-2006, 9:28 PM
I didn't want to deal with that...so I just mailed the form to the Sheriffs Depts address and addressed it to the sheriff himself....:D

i did that too (i have no local PD, unincorporated alameda county). I called around the sheriff dept if there was a specific area to send it to. no one had a clue. so i addressed it to the sheriff...

2 months after i got my license, they called me...

EBWhite
12-12-2006, 9:43 PM
you will get the license in 1-3 months. Count on atleast 2 months though....good luck

About the form being sent to the local leo, how would anyone know if it ever got lost in the mail? other than the penalty of perjury lol....

CAB
12-13-2006, 8:08 PM
If you get your COE there is no 10 day handgun wait from a 01 FFL if the handgun is a C&R. Just got mine Monday.

CAB

thedrickel
12-13-2006, 9:23 PM
i did that too (i have no local PD, unincorporated alameda county). I called around the sheriff dept if there was a specific area to send it to. no one had a clue. so i addressed it to the sheriff...

2 months after i got my license, they called me...
I'm in unincorporated San Mateo County, but fully encircled by a city, so I sent mine to the sherriff and the local PD. Didn't hear a peep from either.

But when the local PD shows up when we have a party I tell them to screw off and call the sherriff. They just turn around and leave. :D

El Barto
12-14-2006, 8:27 AM
I just moved and had to submit for an address change. I mailed the form out and my updated license came last week. I think it took maybe 3 weeks total to mail out and get it back.

Also I got new copies of all the books. I don't know why, but that is the 3rd set I got from the good folks at the BATF. Also, they sent me 2 original licenses.