View Full Version : 870 stock on a Fabarm FP6?

05-27-2006, 5:13 PM
does anyone know if a folding stock for a Remington 870 fit a Fabarm FP6? Anyone with a 870 stock in the bay area willing to let me try a fit? thanks.

06-09-2006, 8:07 AM
The 870 stocks will not fit the Fabarms FP6 as the receivers are completely different. As an accessory manufacturer, it would be wonderful if all of the shotgun companies would use the same mounting system and design. It would save us millions in tooling costs. But, sadly, they don't.

06-09-2006, 9:29 AM
I actually have a folding stock on my FP6 and its made by the same manufacturer that made the folding stock for my Mossberg. How do I know? Because they look exactly the same (same material design), short of the words HK on the stock. I bought mine at Union War Surplus in San Pedro, not sure if they got some left but I think you can special order that from Turners.

06-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info. What model mossberg was the stock made for? I'll find one for that particular mossberg shotgun and try it on my Fabarm. I originally asked about Remington shotguns because there seems to be almost every imaginable accessory and gizmo for them, but was afraid none of it would fit my FP6.

06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I would be interested in this also because I have a Fabarm. If anyone knows of any other stock that is interchangable with Fabarms' line since at the moment there are no current importer.

06-28-2006, 8:59 PM
sorry if its off topic, but do you know if it's ok to put a pistol grip on a shotgun and a grip on the forend too?

06-29-2006, 7:22 AM
sorry if its off topic, but do you know if it's ok to put a pistol grip on a shotgun and a grip on the forend too?

Yes for a pump shotgun.

07-09-2006, 8:23 PM
I, too, have a Fabarms FP6, and looked extensively for "stock options".
I tried a folding stock from Choate Machine & Tool in Arkansas, and didn't care for it. Owning many 870's, I compared the two shotguns "side-by-side" to find many similarities. I found that the two shotguns are very similar at the rear of the receiver(s). The 870 has a recess in the receiver that allows for different stocks to be quite stable when installed. I "experimented" with a GG & G single point sling adapter(made for the 870), that mimicks this recess. The FP6 has a flat butt style receiver, and by installing the GG & G 870 adapter, you now have a conversion that accepts all 870 stocks.

In essence, my FP6 is now an 870 from the "****** end" back.
I referred to my 870 owners manual and ordered the threaded conversion nut that all 870 stocks screw into(at the receiver). I then "re-threaded" my FP6 receiver(at the stock screw-in point) to accomodate this nut. At this point, any 870 stock will screw into this conversion, yet be unstable due to a lack of "recess" in the receiver. With the GG & G adapter in place, the gap is "mostly" filled between the smooth butt of the receiver and the tapered stock that fits into this recess. The final trick is to mount this adapter so as to lend stabilty when the stock is installed.

Simply reinforce this adapter by "drill-tap-die" and fasten with countersunk fasteners. It sounds confusing, but actually quite simple. If I knew how to post pictures I would. I welcome anybody in the Fresno/Clovis area to call me and I'll show you what I've done. Brian (559) 999-7777

My current FP6 is still a work in progress, but very soon should be "bad ******".
I'm sorry if I've confused anyone, but would be more than welcome to show anybody my shotgun, and further descibe what I've done. One of these days I'm going to finish my FP6, and maybe I'll post pictures(find out how to??).
It should be F****** bad ******.

07-13-2006, 7:05 PM
So, you might have the magic formula for fitting a 870 stock onto a FP6. I'll have to look into this.

07-13-2006, 8:54 PM
To call it "the magic formula" is definitely pushing it. Heck, I don't even know how to post pictures on this darn web site. I'm just a lowly contractor who desperately wanted to change out my stock. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon the idea to try the single point sling adapter from G G & G.

Give it a whirl...order the part for $30.00, and compare the Remington 870 and Fabarm FP6 from the butt of the receiver. If this little part doesn't get your imagination goin', I don't know what will.

If your ever around the Fresno/Clovis area, and would like to take pictures and post for me, give me a call.