PDA

View Full Version : Drivers License Problem

GunGreg2107
09-29-2010, 11:16 PM
So I went today to complete a ppt at a local ffl and was told that since my address on the front of my license was not current that I could not transfer or buy a gun until I got a new license. It was a long gun and I did a ppt not long ago for a pistol and used all the same paperwork. I had the address written on the back of my license as well as dmv proof printouts and confirmation my address had changed. As well as a lease agreement and utility bill. Is this new and has something changed in the last few days?

jtmkinsd
09-30-2010, 12:03 AM
If your address on your CA license/ID is not your current address, Federal law says you would need to have something from a government agency that does have your current address on it. If your car registration has your new address, that would work, a voter registration card, property tax bill. You say you had DMV "proof printouts"? I'm not quite sure what that means...but if it is from the DMV, and has your new address on it...then they can accept that...sounds like they just need a little education on the matter.

tenpercentfirearms
09-30-2010, 5:16 AM
They are wrong. Ask them to read their own 4473 that they have customers fill out on a daily basis.

Assuming you were the buyer, all you need is a government issued document to confirm your address. The DMV printout is the document that would prove this.

GunGreg2107
09-30-2010, 7:21 AM
See thats what I had thought. The dmv printout should suffice I did a transfer a few days before no issue.

Recession
09-30-2010, 8:46 AM
Care to enlighten us with which place you attempted to do the PPT at so we can avoid this FUD?