PDA

View Full Version : UZI'S

pictureman
09-29-2010, 7:22 PM
I'm new to the forum, and had some question about owning a UZI here in California.

I think there was a ban on them, but not too sure, and when I asked someone they had said, " prior to 1999 you were allowed, but after you cannot have one" is that true ? If so is there any legal way to own one ?

Now my question is a family member wants to gift one to me who lives out of state where all weapons are legal. Is he allowed to send it to me as long as he goes through a FFL dealer?

The next question I have is, are 15+ round magizines allowed in the state ?

Thanks for you input,

E-120
09-29-2010, 7:35 PM
All answers can be answered yes It no determining the circumstances.

Stamatos
10-02-2010, 10:05 PM
10 rounds only, just to be safe. Plug them or have them modded to only take 10. As for the weapon itself, it depends on if it says "UZI" on it. There is a good amount of discussion on this and according to one well informed member (search for the post) the Uzi is not illegal due to semantics of the law. I'd not risk it and just own a weapon without the label. I'm in the market for one and asked the same question about a year ago. Hoping to get a Century UC9 in my hot hands by the end of the year!
Good luck to you.

Colt-45
10-03-2010, 2:48 AM
OP where in CA are you located? CenCal, Bay Area, or SoCal?

turbogg
10-03-2010, 2:24 PM
Welcome to Calguns! You're going to learn a lot here!

wilit
10-03-2010, 2:54 PM
Follow the flowchart to determine if it's legal or not. http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

I believe the only named Uzi is made by IMI, so if they have a Vector or Group Industries Uzi, you'd be good to go so long as you make it CA legal.